Author Topic: Bitch and whine about how COVID-19 is effing up your life  (Read 10667 times)

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
Re: Bitch and whine about how COVID-19 is effing up your life
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2020, 08:56:50 AM »
- My daughter's preschool closed along with the local school districts.  Her weekly routine has been up-ended, she misses her teachers and friends, and is being stubborn and won't do simple learning projects at home.  I'm not concerned, but my wife loves to look at her friends on Facebook, whose kids are still cooperating and doing projects.  I tell her not to stress out and compare us to them, and she knows that, but still does it anyways, making herself feel bad.

- We cancelled our trip to Florida in May.  It sucks, but we'll try to go next year.  We were going to go with my in-laws, since my mother in law hates vacationing anywhere other than the beach, and she HAS to witness my kid's first time at the beach.  The downside is that my wife's stepdad is stubborn and a total penny-pincher, yet loves to spend money on himself and stay in expensive beach-front condos.  He loves knowing that he got himself a deal on something expensive.
 He won't stay in a regular hotel, so of course it's more expensive at a condo.  I hate that he tries to dictate when we have to go based on the rates of when the condos are cheaper.  I told my wife we are not pulling my daughter out of kindergarten for a week just because he can get the condo cheaper during the school year.  I absolutely disagree with taking a vacation and making my kids miss school.  We'll take a trip in the summer of 2021 and not earlier.  If they don't want to come with at that time, because it's too expensive and he won't compromise, well too bad.

- I'm on week 4 of working from home.  It's going fairly well, but my kids are vying for my attention and I can't always give it to them at that time.  It's just been a juggling act, and thankfully my work has been getting slower the longer that people are at home.  My nearly 5-year old daughter just wants this to be over so things go back to normal and she can go to the park to play and not be stuck playing in our yard.

- I'm absolutely sick of social media and the pettiness and nastiness that people exhibit over this situation.  Everyone is sitting in their home, posting and commenting away, judging others, being mean, and spreading all sorts of fear and misinformation.  I'm to the point where I try not to read it at times because it drives me crazy.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2020, 09:06:14 AM »
I don't have much to bitch and moan about.  I would say visits to the grocery store just suck, but that's about it.  I'm working from home (which I love).  I'm helping my parents to stay home by getting them groceries (whatever is available).  The family is still healthy and alive.  I consider myself fortunate and can't really complain about anything right now.  Lots of other people are out there suffering.  Lost lives, lost jobs, lost livelihoods.  All I can do as a single guy is stay home and follow the guidelines as best I can.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2020, 09:07:11 AM »
Career (and in some ways broader life) is in serious limbo from all this.  The acquisition/assimilation of my company keeps getting nudged out by this, as it has slowed the US and Irish regulatory reviews.  I've asked to be laid off, but the longer this stretches, the longer I have to wait to know if I got my ask, and how long I'll need to stick around after Day 1.  All of this makes the kinetics of finding my next job quite unclear.  And given that I'm looking for Exec Dir or VP-level positions, they have a long runway. So I'm just treading water, don't know enough about what/when to take any definitive action.  I'm of course extremely fortunate to be receiving a paycheck for a job where I can WFH, but it's still messy.  And this whole perpetual WFH is making my "senioritis" at my current job all the more severe...
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2020, 09:54:15 AM »
Want to hear a petty whinge? I'd spent the winter months rebuilding my golf swing to compensate for a significant weight loss, strength and flexibility training I'd been doing. My timing was all off and my old swing wasn't maximizing my new strength. It was all coming together right when the hammer dropped and all the courses and driving ranges closed.

Huh.  It's amazing how much we share here.  Kids with individual needs; parents who still think they're 27 and made of steel; college teams with optimism (for me, Uconn and SMU); and I spent my winter months rebuilding my golf swing to compensate for a significant weight gain, loss of strength and zero flexibility.   ;) :)     

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2020, 09:57:47 AM »
A couple people here have talked about having kids with special needs. My wife is a special needs teacher, has been for 20 years, and has no idea how to teach her kids remotely for the next 2 months.

My big issue has been with my son. He is on the Autism spectrum/Aspergers along with ADHD.... He needs a regimented schedule to function properly. He needs classroom instruction to actually learn and pay attention...Homeschooling/e-learning just does not work for him. 

Yes they need a regular, predictable schedule and connection you just can't replicate via Zoom or any other medium.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2020, 10:09:01 AM »
A couple people here have talked about having kids with special needs. My wife is a special needs teacher, has been for 20 years, and has no idea how to teach her kids remotely for the next 2 months.

My big issue has been with my son. He is on the Autism spectrum/Aspergers along with ADHD.... He needs a regimented schedule to function properly. He needs classroom instruction to actually learn and pay attention...Homeschooling/e-learning just does not work for him. 

Yes they need a regular, predictable schedule and connection you just can't replicate via Zoom or any other medium.

Without beating a dead horse, I'd actually consider that - the lack of the normal, day-to-day routine for my stepson - to probably be the biggest hardship we've faced through all of this.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2020, 10:25:11 AM »
To Podaar:  did you get your airline fees refunded or credited? (sorry if I don't know how you were getting to Barcelona)

We just got a full refund from Delta two days ago for our planned flight in three weeks.  I know that United was offering credits for a year......from when the flight reservations were MADE, not from the date of the cancelled flights. 
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2020, 10:36:57 AM »
To Podaar:  did you get your airline fees refunded or credited? (sorry if I don't know how you were getting to Barcelona)

Our airfare was booked through Viking Cruises. They credited the entire cost of the trip plus 25%. So, yes and then some.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2020, 12:48:16 PM »

We just got a full refund from Delta two days ago for our planned flight in three weeks.  I know that United was offering credits for a year......from when the flight reservations were MADE, not from the date of the cancelled flights.

You didn't ask me, but I'll chime in.  I was supposed to fly to Jacksonville tomorrow night, United cancelled my flight last weekend.  I had obviously planned on not going but was waiting until they officially cancelled it so I could get a refund.  But nope, they are only giving travel credits not cash back.  However, the credits are good for one year from when you process the cancellation.  So the flight got cancelled on Friday, but I didn't go into my account to process it until Sunday and therefor my travel credit is good until April 5th of next year.  Well really, you have to book it by that time, the flight can be one year out from that.  I really wish I just got my money back, I hate how they hold onto it especially in these times when money is much more useful than a future travel credit.  But then again, I don't think United has any money right now.  So I guess this is another way covid is effing up my life.  It's holding onto my $411!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2020, 12:50:23 PM »
I thought if the flight was cancelled they had to refund.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2020, 12:57:47 PM »
I thought if the flight was cancelled they had to refund.

That's what I thought, there is no cash back option sadly with united.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2020, 01:05:28 PM »
I didn't see an option for a full refund with our Aer Lingus tix. It was either change date with no fees, or a voucher +20%. We took that option because the voucher was good for 5 years, and my wife was convinced we will use it.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline dparrott

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2020, 01:18:59 PM »
NO SPORTS!!!  >:(  I had some new teams to start watching this Spring and they're all shut down.

Working from home is not great, but at least I'm working.  Less stress than being in the office at least.

Having to eat microwaved meals and sandwiches is getting boring.  At least that's saving money. 

Shopping sucks because I don't want to catch it and food and supplies are hit and miss.

I guess I can't complain too much.

"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2020, 01:48:52 PM »
Having to eat microwaved meals and sandwiches is getting boring.  At least that's saving money. 

Not a bad time to start learning to cook, I say this as someone who has been actively cooking meals every night and it's becoming the highlight of my day of cooking a nice meal for myself.  I was already doing this before this all as part of my "get in shape" plan but with all this happening, I've lightened up on the diet so I can have something fun and enjoyable to end my days with.  And up my work outs since I have more free time at home to offset that added calories.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2020, 02:05:44 PM »
I work from home anyway so nothing much has changed for me.

My big issue has been with my son. He is on the Autism spectrum/Aspergers along with ADHD. He was sick the week before this really hit and missed a whole week of school. Then spring break and the move to e-learning. He needs a regimented schedule to function properly. He needs classroom instruction to actually learn and pay attention. As of now, he is roughly a month behind in work. My wife has been on the phone with his psychiatrist and they are inundated with other parents of similar kids all having the same issue. He's at risk of completely blowing his school year. Meanwhile, the teachers and principal are lighting up my wife's email wanting to know where his work is which is only pissing her off more. Homeschooling/e-learning just does not work for him. It's been a pain.

My only other real complaint is I went from running the dishwasher maybe once a week to every other day now.

Well, this took a turn. I guess the principal told my wife that if our son 'doesn't get his act together' they are going to flunk him for the entire school year. My wife has now mobilized his psychiatrist to help fight the school district. Unfortunately, this is deja vu. We had to fight with them when he was younger as well for special help. Same psychiatrist so she knows the drill. She is not fond of the people running our district because they are so not into bowing to special needs.

Thanks coronavirus.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2020, 02:08:25 PM »
Maybe tmi is your son on an IEP? My wife's students are and I don't think they can "flunk" in the traditional sense.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2020, 02:11:08 PM »
Right. The school is still required to administer the IEP. Once your wife hangs up with the psychiatrist, I'd call your lawyer.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2020, 04:25:37 PM »
His psychiatrist asked to be put in direct contact with the principal. She doesn't mess around. It's ironic, just before this whole thing broke she had several questionnaires distributed to several of his teachers to better help with his care and develop/update his current plan. We never got them back.

She's great and already said she will continue to be his doctor all the way until he is 21. She's a pediatric psychiatrist but sometimes extends care for certain patients. I'm worried, but not that worried. Fairly sure she will whip them.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2020, 04:52:11 PM »
The biggest change is in my family financials on paper.  So far my 401k lost 15%, but is now gaining a bit.  My wife is retired and has 2 annuities.  We should be getting the bad news on her accounts any day.  I hope the downturn is not as severe and long  lasting as the last recession. 

I am a state employee that is working from home until at least April 27th.  We have borrowed lap tops and supposed to get permanent ones soon.  I am hoping we go AWS at least 3 days a week permanently. I am so much happier at home away from all the BS in the office.

Question for this forum. Do you see governments and businesses, especially in larger cities take a look at reducing office space by allowing employees to work from home.  We have the technology, just let us use it.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2020, 05:08:52 PM »
Question for this forum. Do you see governments and businesses, especially in larger cities take a look at reducing office space by allowing employees to work from home.  We have the technology, just let us use it.

Yes.  Especially since many companies invested in putting in that tech so people can work for home, does it make sense to lease office space when you invested in everyone working from home?  Now I don't think everyone will be, there's lots of benefits from face to face, but many day to day jobs that can be done from home, might end up staying there in the long run.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2020, 05:32:04 PM »
I think only if it will reduce costs, or it's a company that has trouble retaining specialized talent using it as a benefit.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2020, 05:34:48 PM »
I think many companies that didn't think working from home would work well for their business are.going to learn that it works just fine. The trade-off of needing less space will outweigh the cons for many companies.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2020, 07:21:25 PM »

Not a bad time to start learning to cook, I say this as someone who has been actively cooking meals every night and it's becoming the highlight of my day of cooking a nice meal for myself.  I was already doing this before this all as part of my "get in shape" plan but with all this happening, I've lightened up on the diet so I can have something fun and enjoyable to end my days with.  And up my work outs since I have more free time at home to offset that added calories.

I'm loving the extra time to cook, and do everything nice and slow and proper. Today I got a nice whole roaster chicken, trussed it up and stuffed with with citrus and herbs. Cook that sucker nice and slow, and serve with an asparagus and mushroom hash. Fuck yes.

Tomorrow I'm going to bust out a good, proper gumbo. So fucking excited.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2020, 08:05:03 PM »
I haven’t seen my girlfriend in a month. I couldn’t be with her on her birthday and we probably won’t be able to see each other on our first anniversary.

I’ve also lost five students in two weeks to this virus. I work with disabled adults who are at a higher risk with their conditions, and my agency has taken quite a hit.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 08:11:30 PM by TheCountOfNYC »
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline dparrott

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2020, 08:41:38 PM »
I work from home anyway so nothing much has changed for me.

My big issue has been with my son. He is on the Autism spectrum/Aspergers along with ADHD. He was sick the week before this really hit and missed a whole week of school. Then spring break and the move to e-learning. He needs a regimented schedule to function properly. He needs classroom instruction to actually learn and pay attention. As of now, he is roughly a month behind in work. My wife has been on the phone with his psychiatrist and they are inundated with other parents of similar kids all having the same issue. He's at risk of completely blowing his school year. Meanwhile, the teachers and principal are lighting up my wife's email wanting to know where his work is which is only pissing her off more. Homeschooling/e-learning just does not work for him. It's been a pain.

My only other real complaint is I went from running the dishwasher maybe once a week to every other day now.

It's not confirmed but my wife suspects I have Aspergers.  I have similar traits.  I hated school with a passion and barely got by, it's hard for me to focus on anything now.  Even an article about a topic I love, like sports, I just skim to get the basic idea of it.  My wife has helped me with social skills, but it's still not easy, and she gets frustrated with me a lot.  So I feel ya man.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2020, 11:22:28 PM »

Today I got a nice whole roaster chicken, trussed it up and stuffed with with citrus and herbs. Cook that sucker nice and slow, and serve with an asparagus and mushroom hash. Fuck yes.
Damn, that sounds tasty!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2020, 06:09:30 AM »
I think the "work at home" thing is going to follow the "dot.com" track; it'll be a thing for a while, everyone will hop on it to suck out the (financial) benefits, then the cracks will start to show.  Once the novelty of the COVID-19 thing wears off, and the threat is minimized, having that dog barking in the background, or making a call and hearing birds chirping is going to wear thin.   As someone who DOES work from home regularly, it's not for everyone, and not everyone can do it successfully for a sustained period of time.  It suits my personality but that's just dumb luck and the good fortune of having (mostly) bosses who didn't give a rat's ass. 

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2020, 08:46:04 AM »
I think the "work at home" thing is going to follow the "dot.com" track; it'll be a thing for a while, everyone will hop on it to suck out the (financial) benefits, then the cracks will start to show.  Once the novelty of the COVID-19 thing wears off, and the threat is minimized, having that dog barking in the background, or making a call and hearing birds chirping is going to wear thin.   As someone who DOES work from home regularly, it's not for everyone, and not everyone can do it successfully for a sustained period of time.  It suits my personality but that's just dumb luck and the good fortune of having (mostly) bosses who didn't give a rat's ass.

I suspect it might mirror the dreaded open-office plan...companies see it as a way to cut overhead, and then keep doubling own even after its shown to hurt productivity and outcomes, because near-term overhead cuts look good for shareholders over the very near term.  Super fucking short-sighted.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2020, 09:06:32 AM »
making a call and hearing birds chirping is going to wear thin.

:lol this is an issue in my house, the birds outside at this time are so loud.  Now no one's heard them in my video conferencing that I am aware of but its on my mind cause I can hear them.  Also gaming last night with some friends and one of them also had the birds chriping  :lol had me cracking up good in the middle of a cal of duty match, it gets quiet... and then the birds go off from somewhere in PA

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2020, 01:28:17 PM »
I'm tired of my hands constantly smelling like bleach and rubbing alcohol!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2020, 02:09:48 PM »
People need to learn during video or audio conference calls to mute themselves whenever they're not talking. That makes everything a lot better. I literally just unmute for a second or two before or after I talk and am muted the rest of the time.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2020, 02:47:07 PM »
Indeed.  Now that everyone's working from home, the number of background dogs barking, kids whining, and other noise has multiplied on pretty much every call.  I know some of it can't be helped, but it seems like most of this would be common sense.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2020, 03:04:04 PM »
People need to learn during video or audio conference calls to mute themselves whenever they're not talking. That makes everything a lot better. I literally just unmute for a second or two before or after I talk and am muted the rest of the time.

oh definitely on any call more than a couple people

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2020, 03:19:05 PM »
I've posted it in other threads but...

Was laid off as soon as CA implemented the Stay At Home order. I had only been there a month (33 days), and was not trained enough to work solo from home (also... Live in a tiny cramped studio apartment with my GF, 2 dogs, and a cat... No room to set up a desk, computer, dual monitors).

They hired me back at 20 hours a week, due to the fact they can't get the forgivable federal loan if they lay people off. Okay. So now I'm folding pamphlets at home. Expected to do 1.5. Hours worth of work stretched to 4 hours. Not hard. Just repetitive. After a week and a half, they offer me "full time" again, doing what I've been doing. This confuses me. As my manager was just telling me they are running low on that type of work, and the work coming in is slowing way down (insurance quotes), they may have to start paying people to do nothing. So this tells me that they brought me back full time due to the loan thing.. They jumped the gun initially. I'm thankful to have work, but it's already causing strain at home.

My GF has high anxiety, and is very.... I don't want to say paranoid, but very germiphobic. Whenever one of us leaves the house, she wants us to fully decontaminate before entering. Stripping, spraying shoes with lysol, clothes go straight into the wash, and a shower. I can't watch the news, because the talk of the virus freaks her out. I'm the opposite.. I'm the opposite. I'm a sponge. Want to know everything. All the stats. Watch all the press conferences (county, California, National, and NY because why not?). I'm reading everything I can on it on Reddit. Hell, I've been inspired to read Richard Preston's newest book on Ebola, "Crisis In The Red Zone" (sequel to my favorite book, "The Hot Zone" (I highly recommend!). Anyways... Me bringing boxes and boxes of crap into the studio freaks her out. I've kinda pushed to work in the office (there's only 4 or 5 people in there at a time now. One from each dept and then one or two people doing work I'm doing. Plenty of rooms and space for everyone to distance themselves), but doesn't look like that'll happen.

My GF's income has been drastically cut due to all this, and she doesn't qualify for Unemployment, so theres that. If I hadn't of been "rehired", the amount I'd be getting on unemployment, plus the federal 600/ wk that was supposed to be coming at some point would help make up for it. Oh well.

Tiny apartment means no time to ourselves. We are always within 10 ft of each other :lol 

The other people living in out complex (my best friend's mom's property... A main house, and 3 other units on the property. My best friend is in one, his sister in law in one, us in one, and his mom in the main house) don't seem to be doing anything to "social distance". They are going out, going to people's homes, etc. And then don't understand why we are keeping to ourselves. Really doesn't help my GF's anxiety.

Oh, and it's been fucking raining for like the entire week. So I can't even go out for a walk to listen to my podcasts (which have been piling up...)

Oh and my Best Friend's wife and I are supposed to be seeing Green Day / Weezer / Fall Out Boy in July. The show hasn't been canceled yet but I'd be surprised if doesn't.

I'm lucky to have my health and my job, but still... Ugh.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jammindude

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2020, 03:22:54 PM »
Wrong thread...
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude