Author Topic: 30 Day Song Challenge BONUS - Songs for the covid quarantine  (Read 23860 times)

Offline jammindude

"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Anguyen92

Now that I think about it, I'm going to give a mention to these songs as well.  This is basically the first three songs of this album called Sun Dance from a Japanese vocalist.  One of my top two favorite albums of last year.

Aimer - One
Aimer - We Two
Aimer - 3Min

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
99 Luft Balloons  :D

One of the greatest concert ending tunes I've ever experienced, from 'The Joshua Tree' tour at the old Pontiac Silverdome:

U2 '40'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9qxy0WmUjE

starts at 1:28:48
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 08:30:11 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
How long.....to sing this song.....

I loved that as the encore on "The Unforgettable Fire" tour with each band member walking off one by one.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I remember seeing that at the '87 show. I didn't know the song, but I thought that was cool.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I didn't know you saw U2 Tim. I'll assume in Foxborough?

I saw the War tour in the Orpheum in 83 and The Unforgettable Fire tour in 85 at The Centrum. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
'87 at the Boston Garden and '92 in Foxboro.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Nice!  Never knew!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, I'm full of surprises! :lol

For the '92 show, one of the security guards was a meat cutter at the store I was working in. He was stationed in the section right on the side of the stage where The Edge was. He waved us through for the show, and when The Edge came to ..the ..um edge.. he was about 20 feet from us. I regret not having my camera for that.

I thought the '87 show at the Garden was really cool. I recognized many of the songs, but it was cool just seeing them.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
1985 - Haken

1000 People - Blackfield

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Tea For One - Led Zeppelin
No Quarter - Led Zeppelin

:heart :heart :heart
 :heart :heart :heart :heart

Stads, have you seen this?

I hadn't seen that before; that was REALLY good.   I could do without the singer (that's on me, not him; is that Doug Henhorn or whatever his name is?), but Joe smokes that song up and down.   

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni

I saw the War tour in the Orpheum in 83 and The Unforgettable Fire tour in 85 at The Centrum.

Is that Orpheum show the 'legendary' one?  Didn't they play a show there that essentially broke them in the States?   

I saw the first leg of The Joshua Tree show in Hartford ("Outside is America... outside is HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT!"  Uh, Bono, have you BEEN out there? You wouldn't be so excited about it... :)) and that was a game-changing show.  Don't think I've ever felt that kind of energy before.  Not "Maiden Metal" energy, or "Guns'n'Roses dangerous" energy, but a sort of... I don't know how to put it.  Like you were watching something that was WAY more than the sum of it's parts, or way more than just the time it was being played.  Like it was something that would resonate. 

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Toto - 99
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Tool- 10,000 Days (Wings, Pt 2)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Is that Orpheum show the 'legendary' one?  Didn't they play a show there that essentially broke them in the States?   

I saw the first leg of The Joshua Tree show in Hartford ("Outside is America... outside is HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT!"  Uh, Bono, have you BEEN out there? You wouldn't be so excited about it... :)) and that was a game-changing show.  Don't think I've ever felt that kind of energy before.  Not "Maiden Metal" energy, or "Guns'n'Roses dangerous" energy, but a sort of... I don't know how to put it.  Like you were watching something that was WAY more than the sum of it's parts, or way more than just the time it was being played.  Like it was something that would resonate.

That was an earlier show.  Though that show I was at was aired on WBCN.

Offline MirrorMask

By voting in the Metallica League I suddenly remember about One  ;D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
before the change, (and trying not to hog all of these early), I'll add 'One' by U2 (my wife's favorite song of the band).  As to U2, I liked some of 'Boy' and 'October', loved 'War' and some of 'The Unforgettable Fire'.  The Red Rocks video of 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' was superb.  I thought 'Joshua Tree' was a bit timid at first.  I simply went to see a concert, but found it as an 'experience'.  'Where The Streets Have No Name' is one of the best openers ever.  And then at the end was '40'...Edge playing bass, Adam lead guitar, Bono walks off first, and then The Edge, and then Clayton, while Larry is still playing drums to the 50,000+ singing the 'how long' bit.  And then the crowd keeps singing for minutes after he finishes.  Next to Queen's 'We Will Rock/We Are The Champions' ('God Save The Queen tape).....nothing else still gives me those goose bumps.  Thanks for the prior stories.

Other numbers:  1984 by any number of artists, but loved the one by Spirit back in the 60s.

And...for good or bad, Revolution #9, which I did listen to on occasion after 'indulging'...
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Van Halen - 5150
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
King Diamond - The 7th Day of July 1777
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
The Beatles - When I'm 64

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Three Times a Lady - The Commodores

Offline Harmony

Re: 30 Day Song Challenge - Day 3 - A Song that reminds you of summertime
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2020, 02:44:16 PM »
Day 3 - A song that reminds you of summertime

Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo6aKnRnBxM
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Seasons In The Sun - Terry Jacks

Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2020, 02:48:59 PM »
Stone in Love - Journey

Great highway song.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2020, 03:01:58 PM »

Literally in my top ten songs of all time by any artist. I LOVE that song.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2020, 03:04:24 PM »
King Crimson - I Talk to the Wind

Don't know why, but it feels summery

Offline HOF

« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2020, 03:05:12 PM »
Francis Dunnery - American Life in the Summertime

Marillion - Afraid of Sunlight (the whole album really) reminds me of the Fourth of July because of when I first heard it.

Edit:

Rush - Presto (song and album, from that same summer)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 03:23:24 PM by HOF »

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2020, 03:11:13 PM »

Savatage - The Wake of Magellan

Always in my "going to the sea" compilation.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline HOF

« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2020, 03:39:20 PM »
Also,

Crowded House - Weather With You

Offline pg1067

« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2020, 03:40:58 PM »

Kind of a "duh" (and certainly not their best work), but Summertime Girls by Y&T.

Also, most of Love at First Sting, and particularly Big City Nights.

Literally in my top ten songs of all time by any artist. I LOVE that song.

Aside from that saxophone part (which, had you played it for me and asked, I'd have said was from some Don Henley or Glen Frey song from the 80s), I don't think I've ever heard that song.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline max_security

« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2020, 03:41:55 PM »
Joe Satriani  , ( wait for it ... )  " Summer Song "

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2020, 03:44:16 PM »
The Ocean -  Led Zeppelin
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2020, 03:55:30 PM »
Soak Up the Sun - Sheryl Crow