Author Topic: TOOL Official Thread.  (Read 110022 times)

Offline goo-goo

Re: TOOL : Fear Inoculum : Official Thread.
« Reply #1330 on: March 04, 2022, 05:30:29 PM »
I think they are working on the vinyls for the their back catalog. I'm ASSuming the lawsuit they had with their record label had to to do with the music rights since their music was not available digitally. Hopefully they bought back their music and they can release at least Lateralus on vinyl. I do have a Lateralus vinyl signed by the band that I won on a KNAC (LA radio station). Don't know how legit is the pressing itself lol.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #1331 on: March 05, 2022, 01:23:45 AM »
I think they are working on the vinyls for the their back catalog. I'm ASSuming the lawsuit they had with their record label had to to do with the music rights since their music was not available digitally. Hopefully they bought back their music and they can release at least Lateralus on vinyl. I do have a Lateralus vinyl signed by the band that I won on a KNAC (LA radio station). Don't know how legit is the pressing itself lol.

Where did you get the information that they are working on that?

Also, can you show which pressing of Lateralus you have? Maybe I can help you :)
any rock can be made to roll

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1332 on: March 21, 2022, 06:19:53 AM »
Anyone got the Opiate2 BR yet?

Ordered it and waiting for it to be delivered.

I love the other video singles by Tool... this one was way more expensive though. Still had to have it.

Just over a month now until I get to see them for the first time after getting hooked around the Laterlus release cycle.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1333 on: March 21, 2022, 06:25:19 AM »
Anyone got the Opiate2 BR yet?

Ordered it and waiting for it to be delivered.

I love the other video singles by Tool... this one was way more expensive though. Still had to have it.

Just over a month now until I get to see them for the first time after getting hooked around the Laterlus release cycle.

Got mine on Friday, video is really fucking bizarre. The booklet is mostly pictures from the video. I was kinda hoping for more stuff on the bluray, like behind the scenes, etc.. it's just the video and a commentary video, which is more like a skit.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1334 on: April 08, 2022, 10:57:57 AM »
Quick bump to this thread. I got the vinyl copy of FI in the mail today and out of all of the vinyl box sets I own this is easily the nicest. It was $180 after everything but the details on the pages, the etching on the vinyl's, everything is just suburb. I can't speak to the audio quality of the record, I plan on listening later but the bar is set really high when it comes to physical presentation.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1335 on: April 08, 2022, 12:17:43 PM »
Ok so listening to the album, it's one of the best mastered albums I own. Unreal. I do wish they had a vinyl only cheaper option but if you are at all debating picking it up I highly suggest you do.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1336 on: April 08, 2022, 01:41:44 PM »
I wonder if they used a different master or mix for the Vinyl as I've heard many artists typically do than the CD and digital version. I'd be curious if they differ at all.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1337 on: April 08, 2022, 02:41:41 PM »
I don't know for certain but it seems that way. I have the CD version of FI and played through the same speakers it does sound mixed differently. Usually those CD and digital to vinyl masters are really hot but that isn't the case with this record.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #1338 on: April 12, 2022, 06:54:35 AM »
I ordered the vinyl box set without thinking a second about it on my phone while I was in an apres-ski-bar on a ski trip with my University... I was pretty wasted while ordering it  :lol but the next day, it was already sold out on JPC, so I was very happy I did it.

It arrived last Friday, but unfortunately, the lower left corner is punched in so I requested a new box. Not sure if they will be able to get another copy, but I hope so.

I can't wait to spin this album. I think it's a masterpiece and the best album of 2019.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1339 on: May 10, 2022, 02:56:29 AM »
Completely random, but my work somehow got a sale for Tool tickets and I just bought a ticket for 50 euros  ;D And solid seating as well.

The concert has been sold out fot the longest time and the regular ticketprice was steep (over 100 euros), very nice surprise.

Looking forward to the show!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 03:09:25 AM by ErHaO »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1340 on: May 10, 2022, 06:15:14 AM »
I'm jealous, you're going to have one hell of a time. This last Tool show was something else.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1341 on: May 10, 2022, 07:02:34 AM »

Where did you get the information that they are working on that?

Also, can you show which pressing of Lateralus you have? Maybe I can help you :)

Fritz

Sorry it took a while.  I kept forgetting to upload the pictures. According to discogs, it seems legit.

https://www.discogs.com/release/513594-Tool-Lateralus

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1342 on: May 24, 2022, 08:55:04 PM »
Dennis Chambers plays “Schism”…..

https://youtu.be/rVwyAsU4dus
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1343 on: May 24, 2022, 08:58:49 PM »

I literally watched that last night.  Came up I my feed and was intrigued.  Incredible that he heard the song once without drum tracks and came up with what he did.  Unreal.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1344 on: May 25, 2022, 12:47:26 AM »

This is absolutely fascinating. Dennis is an amazing drummer!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1346 on: June 30, 2022, 10:37:39 AM »
'Budget' edition of Fear Inoculum on vinyl.

https://bravewords.com/news/tool-fear-inoculum-3-disc-180-gram-vinyl-arrives-august-5

https://store.toolband.com/product/TLLP002

Nice! Over here it can be bought for 46 euro's, which is actually not that much of a premium over other 3 LP releases.

Buuut the box is/was on sale for 100 dollars on Amazon, even including taxes and the shitty dollar/euro exchange that seems like a good deal (the box is 180 euros here). So I ordered that.

I really enjoyed the show I saw recently and decided I do want Fear Inoculum on vinyl.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1347 on: June 30, 2022, 10:17:39 PM »
I have multiple box sets and I have to say that if you have the funds the Tool box set is miles ahead of almost every other boxset I own in terms of presentation and sound quality. It's a really nice product.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #1349 on: July 14, 2022, 03:13:23 AM »
I'm probably what you might call a casual Tool fan.
I saw them live in 2002, have a 3 albums on CD, but nothing really never clicked with me, until now.
Fear Inoculum has really blown me away and I am kicking myself for not previously investing more time in the band.
What album should I get into next?

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1350 on: July 14, 2022, 04:24:28 AM »
I saw them live in 2002, have a 3 albums on CD, but nothing really never clicked with me, until now.
Fear Inoculum has really blown me away and I am kicking myself for not previously investing more time in the band.

Ænima or Lateralus. These are IMO their two best.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1351 on: July 14, 2022, 06:14:28 AM »

This.  Aenima is my fav and came in at number 2 in my top 50.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1352 on: July 14, 2022, 07:45:42 AM »
I'd say Lateralus, Ænima, 10000 Days, and Undertow, in that order. They are all worth checking out imo.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #1353 on: July 14, 2022, 08:35:43 AM »
I'd say Lateralus, Ænima, 10000 Days, and Undertow, in that order. They are all worth checking out imo.

This, for sure.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1354 on: July 14, 2022, 08:43:58 AM »

This is actually my overall ranking of their albums, with Fear Inoculum between 10,000 Days and Undertow.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline The Realm

« Reply #1355 on: July 14, 2022, 04:36:22 PM »

This.  Aenima is my fav and came in at number 2 in my top 50.

Aenima is also my favourite and a top 5 album all time for me. I really would try this album next, then work your way forward to Lateralus and then 10,000 days, then back to Undertow.

Also, if you get an opportunity to see the band live do not miss it.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1356 on: October 17, 2022, 04:26:45 PM »
Any Dallas/Fort Worth peeps interested in 1 Puscifer ticket? Can't make it to show so I'm selling at face value.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195419634428

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1357 on: October 16, 2023, 06:37:13 PM »

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1358 on: January 23, 2024, 09:39:22 AM »
Just ordered a late Christmas gift for myself. Picked up the Deluxe Vinyl of Fear Inoculum. Got it for $89 total from a shop in California. Sealed and mint. Way better than what this thing was going for when it was first released. I know I could have gotten the 3 LP version for cheaper, but I really wanted this 5 LP special box.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1359 on: January 23, 2024, 11:11:52 AM »
I have the 5LP box and it's stellar. Extremely high quality release IMO.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1360 on: January 25, 2024, 10:43:40 AM »
I have the 5LP box and it's stellar. Extremely high quality release IMO.

You're telling me. Just got it in the mail. Solid, heavy thing. Love that it has a sticker on it asking $180. Briefly opened it up to take a look and I couldn't have asked for a much better one. None of them will be perfect and aside from some very minor dings along the edge, it's better than I could have hoped for.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 01:10:06 PM by ProfessorPeart »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: TOOL Official Thread.
« Reply #1361 on: January 25, 2024, 12:13:25 PM »
Thread title corrected.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1362 on: January 25, 2024, 07:23:20 PM »
Listened to Schism and Lateralus today, so good.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1363 on: January 25, 2024, 07:39:22 PM »
I saw Tool this past Sunday and the closer was Schism, I love that song.

Tool is one of the rare bands that seems to be getting as the years go on, granted I never saw them in the 90's but compared to the first show I saw in the early 2000's they are much tighter.