Author Topic: TOOL Official Thread.  (Read 110025 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: TOOL : Fear Inoculum : Official Thread.
« Reply #1295 on: January 25, 2022, 07:09:33 PM »
The setlist is amazing and I wouldn't mind either of the songs they're alternating. I would prefer the one with The Patient though. But both Sober and Right In Two is still awesome.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1296 on: January 25, 2022, 07:15:21 PM »
As much as I love The Patient, I’d rather get Right in Two since it’s one of my top favs from them.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1297 on: January 25, 2022, 11:22:28 PM »
We got Opiate and Right in Two…loved it! Honestly, Hooker With a Penis was amazing for the crowd participation alone. I couldn’t even hear Maynard over the crowd shouting the lyrics. I think my daughter thought her Daddy was nuts cause I was just as loud as everyone else.  :lol

Push It was awesome too.

Oh, and Invincible…
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1298 on: January 26, 2022, 02:05:12 AM »
We got Opiate and Right in Two…loved it! Honestly, Hooker With a Penis was amazing for the crowd participation alone. I couldn’t even hear Maynard over the crowd shouting the lyrics. I think my daughter thought her Daddy was nuts cause I was just as loud as everyone else.  :lol

Push It was awesome too.

Oh, and Invincible…

:metal

I think Invincible has cemented itself as my fav song on FI.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1299 on: January 26, 2022, 05:31:23 AM »
:metal

I think Invincible has cemented itself as my fav song on FI.

I go back and forth between Invincible and 7empest.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1300 on: January 26, 2022, 05:52:56 AM »
Glad you had an awesome time. I'm counting down the days until I see them in Florida.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1301 on: January 26, 2022, 08:32:39 AM »

Push It was awesome too.

Oh, and Invincible…

How was Culling Voices live. That's my favorite out of the new songs and It's up there with Disposition and Intension for me.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1302 on: January 26, 2022, 08:34:36 AM »

Push It was awesome too.

Oh, and Invincible…

How was Culling Voices live. That's my favorite out of the new songs and It's up there with Disposition and Intension for me.
I’m sensing a theme….you like the quiet/atmospheric songs 👍

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1303 on: January 26, 2022, 08:41:25 AM »

Push It was awesome too.

Oh, and Invincible…

Yeah, outside of Hooker, they really created a full sensory experience, quite different from the other times I saw them.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1304 on: January 26, 2022, 08:42:44 AM »

Push It was awesome too.

Oh, and Invincible…

The atmosphere is where Tool shines. It's why this current setlist is a fantastic setlist. I would love to see this set, especially with Pushit on there. And no Schism, Lateralus or any usual setlist song. Those are all pretty long songs as well.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1305 on: January 26, 2022, 09:01:00 AM »

Push It was awesome too.

Oh, and Invincible…

When I saw that they started the song with all of them at the front of the stage and Danny playing rhythm guitar I got super excited.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1306 on: February 22, 2022, 10:17:21 AM »
From their FB page:

Taking it back to the beginning, Tool celebrates the 30th anniversary of their first commercially-available release, Opiate, with a re-imagined and extended version of the EP’s title track and an accompanying short film. “Opiate2” (pronounced Opiate Squared) is available via streaming services on March 1, with the Blu-ray only visual companion available on March 18 (pre-order: https://TOOL.lnk.to/Opiate2).
Visual artist Dominic Hailstone (“Alien: Covenant”, “The Eel”) worked with Adam on the 10-plus minute film, which is the band’s first new video in 15 years. Dominic and Adam also collaborated on the filmed pieces featured on the current Fear Inoculum tour.

https://www.facebook.com/ToolMusic/videos/1127935091357626

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1307 on: February 22, 2022, 10:41:42 AM »
Price is steep. Probably for hard-core fans seeing as it's $30 for the blu-ray for one 10 min video track and some behind-the-scenes stuff. Plus all that artwork
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1308 on: February 22, 2022, 01:44:58 PM »
I recently saw on Adam's instagram that all future Tool shows will have a limited run vinyl release of FI. The packaging looks incredible so I really hope they bring this to sale outside of future shows.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1309 on: February 22, 2022, 02:18:06 PM »
I recently saw on Adam's instagram that all future Tool shows will have a limited run vinyl release of FI. The packaging looks incredible so I really hope they bring this to sale outside of future shows.

I believe the release date is April. It was mentioned in Adam's or Tool's post.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1311 on: February 25, 2022, 04:15:45 PM »
Fear Inoculum vinyl box set available for pre order: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09T8F2ZQF/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_apa_glt_i_VN9JQ5RH5T5K7Y3X0WA8

$170 isn't too bad for what looks like a very nice set.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1312 on: February 25, 2022, 07:46:23 PM »
Is the opening band worth making the effort to see?
Photobucket sucks.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1313 on: February 25, 2022, 08:15:18 PM »
I didn't really care for Blonde Redhead but I think there is a different opener now.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #1314 on: February 26, 2022, 11:08:18 AM »
Is the opening band worth making the effort to see?

If the opener is The Acid Helps, then no it wasn't.  Their set was about 45 minutes.  One thing to note is that Tool came on barely half an hour after the opener finished, which was much quicker than I'd anticipated.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1315 on: February 26, 2022, 02:59:25 PM »
Heading out to the show I'm a bit, was wondering if I should bother with the opener, now I'm not sure
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1316 on: February 28, 2022, 01:28:11 PM »
Why can't this band produce normally priced versions of Fear Inoculum?

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1317 on: February 28, 2022, 02:19:32 PM »

GREEEEEEEEED!!!  🤑🤑🤑🤑
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #1318 on: March 01, 2022, 04:57:01 AM »

I can't believe people are still complaining about this when it comes to Tool  :lol
any rock can be made to roll

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #1319 on: March 01, 2022, 05:20:29 AM »

They probably figured when you go 13 years in between albums you can charge a bit more  :lol

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1320 on: March 02, 2022, 04:07:09 PM »

I can't believe people are still complaining about this when it comes to Tool  :lol
Why would a band want to gouge their fans?
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1321 on: March 04, 2022, 11:23:03 AM »
All I wanted in 2019 was a jewelcase with the cd inside. I did not need this big clunker of a box with a screen in it that turns on when you open it. They think I'm ever recharging that thing? Because I'm not.  :lol
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1322 on: March 04, 2022, 12:27:26 PM »
All I wanted in 2019 was a jewelcase with the cd inside. I did not need this big clunker of a box with a screen in it that turns on when you open it. They think I'm ever recharging that thing? Because I'm not.  :lol

I don't know why you'd expect Tool to do that. Ever since Aenima their album covers and packaging have had some form of unique, art style. Aenima has the lenticular lens, Lateralus has the layered artwork, and 10,000 Days has the 3-D glasses attached to the packaging.

I think it's neat how artistic the band gets with their album art, instilling the latest technologies into their album art. So you're not just paying for the music, but you're getting art value from it.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1323 on: March 04, 2022, 12:55:59 PM »

I don't know why you'd expect Tool to do that. Ever since Aenima their album covers and packaging have had some form of unique, art style. Aenima has the lenticular lens, Lateralus has the layered artwork, and 10,000 Days has the 3-D glasses attached to the packaging.

I think it's neat how artistic the band gets with their album art, instilling the latest technologies into their album art. So you're not just paying for the music, but you're getting art value from it.

But I have Aenima and 10,000 Days and I don't remember them costing three times the price of an average CD and requiring a whole different spot on the CD shelf.   

I don't mind adventurous and/or artistic packaging, but at a certain point it becomes something in and of itself, and at that point I think there ought to be options.  It's the band's loss; I bought mine used on the interwebs and while that's a legal sale, I don't believe the band saw dime one of that.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1324 on: March 04, 2022, 01:27:06 PM »
I think I could see the argument that there are probably very few fans who would like a plain ol' cd in a jewel case. Speaking for myself personally I'll stream everything and for albums I really love I'll seek out the special vinyl edition (if available). I wonder how many sales they would've gotten simply selling a regular disc.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1325 on: March 04, 2022, 01:57:36 PM »

But I have Aenima and 10,000 Days and I don't remember them costing three times the price of an average CD and requiring a whole different spot on the CD shelf.   

I don't mind adventurous and/or artistic packaging, but at a certain point it becomes something in and of itself, and at that point I think there ought to be options.  It's the band's loss; I bought mine used on the interwebs and while that's a legal sale, I don't believe the band saw dime one of that.

Can't blame a band trying something that would make people buy their product, since not many are actually buying the product of CDs.

It also doesn't surprise me either that Tool said, this is the only way to buy this album physically...

I can see why the price of the deluxe vinyl is so much though. They're early arrivals and are tour editions for the time being, and they're the only ones that will be autographed. Priority was given to Tool Army members, then will be placed on sale at the merch booth for everyone. I don't know who would want them that bad, and for the authographs of the band members. Unless, they have artwork done by Adam like how my signed Tool Poster is done, very unique from the main tour poster.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1326 on: March 04, 2022, 02:06:17 PM »

Except Aenima and Lateralus are still in jewel cases despite the artwork. 10,000 Days is a big boy but if I turn it on its side, it still fits in with the other CDs quite nicely enough.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1327 on: March 04, 2022, 02:32:28 PM »

Except Aenima and Lateralus are still in jewel cases despite the artwork. 10,000 Days is a big boy but if I turn it on its side, it still fits in with the other CDs quite nicely enough.

The point is that their artwork is part of the product. The video screen in Fear Inoculum is a part of the artwork. That's why you won't get a jewel case version of the album. The same way those 3-D goggles were a part of 10,000 days packaging.

What Tool did was incorporate the video as the artwork with the exception that it's going to cost more, that's paying the price to include the art you want for your product.

Tool, more so Adam, takes pride in the artwork for their albums. Tool is a visual band, which includes their artwork and their live shows.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #1328 on: March 04, 2022, 03:12:47 PM »
I don't want to be a dick like (maybe quite a few people here think) Tool are, but... all those questions like "why would they gouge their fans?", "why is there no plain jewel case for this album" or "why is that vinyl package so expensive" can be answered with a simple "because Tool don't give a fuck about what you all think"  :lol They do their thing and people buy it, why should they do anything differently? I didn't buy the original CD because I don't have a CD player, but I did buy the 160 Euro vinyl package, because I think it looks beautiful and the whole thing is a piece of art. Apart from that, I don't think it's all that overpriced. Think about DT's special vinyl editions or the Moving Pictures special edition that's about to come out. Or the Immersion Box sets by Pink Floyd. They all cost the same or more. One could argue about the contents of that box, but do you guys need three Pink Floyd themed marbles, coasters and a cheap scarf with your vinyl? I don't. I want that music on that medium in a kickass packaging and that's what Tool is giving me.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1329 on: March 04, 2022, 05:07:49 PM »
I just wish there was an affordable version. Discogs is filled with unofficial Tool vinyl releases, so there is obviously demand for it. The band is entirely in their right to do with their music what they want and to not give a fuck. But I just think it is dumb and it means I won't buy anything of theirs, as I am not enough of a fan to spend 160 euros.