Author Topic: TOOL Official Thread.  (Read 110056 times)

Online faizoff

Re: TOOL : Still No Album. V Who Gives A Crap?!
« Reply #665 on: August 10, 2019, 07:53:11 AM »
I ordered it from B&N, should've ordered from Amazon when I had the chance. Still kinda steep price for a CD plus other stuff I'll probably lose interest after a few days.
Though I'm very curious about the album, haven't heard a lick of any new stuff.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #666 on: August 10, 2019, 08:27:17 AM »
I wonder what will be cut from the cd version. Maybe the interlude tracks will be shorter.

im thinking the screen will look like a Switch. 
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline NotePad

« Reply #667 on: August 10, 2019, 09:06:02 AM »
is the new song getting radioplay? i was surprised when Vicarious got so much commercial radio play, but then again it's Tool, one of the most popular metal bands ever. Fear Inoculum is 10 minutes though. is it on the radio?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #668 on: August 10, 2019, 09:38:28 AM »
is the new song getting radioplay? i was surprised when Vicarious got so much commercial radio play, but then again it's Tool, one of the most popular metal bands ever. Fear Inoculum is 10 minutes though. is it on the radio?

I've heard Lateralus on our local station before. Not too sure as I don't listen to it anymore.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #669 on: August 11, 2019, 12:39:00 PM »
Just saw the Sammy Hagar Rock and Roll Roadtrip with Maynard and Guy Fieri.    Sam is a wine/spirits guy, and they gave a lot of attention/props to Maynard's wine and pizza truck business.  Then later, there was a one-on-one interview with Sam and Maynard, and it was odd at best.  he wasn't rude, at all, but in the midst of Sammy's very masculine classic rock vibe, I got the sense Maynard was fucking with him a little bit.

I know that Sam ends almost every interview (at least with the people he's not already friends with) with "I think I know you now!" or something like that, and he ended his with Maynard with "I don't feel like I know you at all, but it was great, thank you!".   The only time I can ever remember him saying that. 

Offline emtee

« Reply #670 on: August 11, 2019, 01:03:26 PM »
After 10+ spins, It's a decent song. My thing is that in the absence
of a reasonable output, I became a huge fan of Soen and they
continue to blow me away. For my $, Martin Lopez comes up
with some of the most creative drum parts in rock over the last 10
years.

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #671 on: August 13, 2019, 01:03:52 PM »
Now Barnes and Noble shows out of stock. Target still has it, but what I saw at their website makes me a little more confused.

Tri-fold Softpack Video Brochure featuring: CD (79 minutes of music), 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2 watt speaker, 36 page book + MP3 code (89 minutes of music).

So, the CD will cut 10 minutes of music? Adam said the record was 80 minutes. I have seen 85 in other places and now Target is giving this breakdown. Gotta love Tool not giving it to us straight.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #672 on: August 13, 2019, 01:14:53 PM »
Now Barnes and Noble shows out of stock. Target still has it, but what I saw at their website makes me a little more confused.

Tri-fold Softpack Video Brochure featuring: CD (79 minutes of music), 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2 watt speaker, 36 page book + MP3 code (89 minutes of music).

So, the CD will cut 10 minutes of music? Adam said the record was 80 minutes. I have seen 85 in other places and now Target is giving this breakdown. Gotta love Tool not giving it to us straight.

It could just be that the band, the label, the promotional people at the label, at the website designers might have all gotten/given different information. Even when we see the packaging, the information on the back/in the booklet might be slightly different than on the disc/download, so who KNOWS...until someone gets their hands on it! :lol

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #673 on: August 13, 2019, 02:26:13 PM »
Yeah, I don't expect any clarity until 8/30. Kudos to them for keeping us guessing in this day and age of leaks.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #674 on: August 13, 2019, 02:37:36 PM »
So the new song hit the billboard hot 100 this week and set the record for the longest hot 100 song in history in doing so, as well as the first song over 10 minutes to chart

lol

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #675 on: August 13, 2019, 03:10:27 PM »
Album still showing as £79.99 on U.K. amazon so I have buckled and ordered from Canadian amazon. Even with international postage and handling, it works out £30 cheaper.

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #676 on: August 13, 2019, 09:25:10 PM »
So the new song hit the billboard hot 100 this week and set the record for the longest hot 100 song in history in doing so, as well as the first song over 10 minutes to chart

lol

finally, prog is mainstream now
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #678 on: August 14, 2019, 06:50:44 AM »
And the tracklistings:

Physical edition

01. Fear Inoculum
02. Pneuma
03. Invincible
04. Descending
05. Culling Voices
06. Chocolate Chip Trip
07. 7empest

Digital edition

01. Fear Inoculum
02. Pneuma
03. Litanie Contre La Peur
04. Invincible
05. Legion Inoculant
06. Descending
07. Culling Voices
08. Chocolate Chip Trip
09. 7empest
10. Mockingbeat

Offline Rob24

« Reply #679 on: August 14, 2019, 07:06:36 AM »
Sounds kinda like the tracklist to a Tool parody album. Seems like they're going for this vibe.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #680 on: August 14, 2019, 07:11:41 AM »
I think Chocolate Chip Trip sounds cool.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #681 on: August 14, 2019, 07:20:05 AM »

Word! Send me on one of those!

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #682 on: August 14, 2019, 08:16:21 AM »
According to that review the only songs missing from the CD version are just segue tracks. You honestly might be getting the superior version of the album that way. :lol
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline devieira73

« Reply #683 on: August 14, 2019, 08:18:17 AM »
Agreed, I always do that in my MP3 versions of Tool albums 😂

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #684 on: August 14, 2019, 08:19:49 AM »
Agreed, I always do that in my MP3 versions of Tool albums 😂
I don't know. The segues on Lateralus work really well. I think the album wouldn't work as well without them.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #685 on: August 14, 2019, 08:33:49 AM »
Why didn’t they just keep the segues on the cd version and put it on 2 discs? It’s not like they can’t afford it 😂

Offline Rob24

« Reply #686 on: August 14, 2019, 09:44:16 AM »

Yeah, I like this one too, but Legion Inoculant and Pneuma kinda rub me the wrong way.  :lol

Offline devieira73

« Reply #687 on: August 14, 2019, 03:01:06 PM »
A much more interesting review IMO. More solos and keyboards?!
https://metalinjection.net/reviews/tool-fear-inoculum-review

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #688 on: August 15, 2019, 05:47:47 PM »
And the tracklistings:

Physical edition

01. Fear Inoculum
02. Pneuma
03. Invincible
04. Descending
05. Culling Voices
06. Chocolate Chip Trip
07. 7empest

Digital edition

01. Fear Inoculum
02. Pneuma
03. Litanie Contre La Peur
04. Invincible
05. Legion Inoculant
06. Descending
07. Culling Voices
08. Chocolate Chip Trip
09. 7empest
10. Mockingbeat

Honestly most of these titles are absolutely terrible and seem like a parody of prog song titles.

Why is there a random French title? Litany Against Fear is a weird title even in English, and the random French translation doesn't help it. Maybe it'll have some sort of justification in the actual music.

Who thought 7empest was a good title? Like, I get the whole 7 + Septem + Tempest pun fest, but this looks like an early 2010 mediocre R&B song title. Septem would have been fine. Tempest would have been fine. 7 would have been fine. Just because pizza and chocolate are both good doesn't mean you should mix them.

Fear Inoculum kinda makes sense, but Legion Inoculant just sounds like pseudo intellectual gibberish. Is it an inoculant for a legion? Are you inoculating someone with a legion? Y'all got some 'splainin to do, because those just sound like two random words slapped together.

Pneuma is either a) using a random outdated music theory term without any care for the meaning or b) some random reference to Gnosticism.

Chocolate Chip Trip? Come on.

Invincible, Descending, Mockingbeat, and Culling Voices are good. Fear Inoculum is decent. I'm still excited for the music, and maybe when I actually hear the songs I'll warm up to some of the song titles (except probably 7empest and Chocolate Chip Trip), but I'm not gonna lie those song titles deflated me a little bit.

Also Fear Inoculum is a good Tool song. A bit by the numbers and ultimately it feels like it's building to something else that I haven't heard yet. MJK's performance on it is great, and Danny Carey is an octopus as usual

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #689 on: August 15, 2019, 06:06:01 PM »
I'm only a casual Tool fan, but I'm not sure what I'd be expecting if I was a hard core fan.   it might be a parody - and I've already written that in his interview with Sammy Hagar, I thought Maynard was fucking with him pretty bad on everything that wasn't "wine" or "food" related - but it's fitting parody. 

I'm just grateful that a band is putting some effort in.  Even parody takes effort and thought.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #690 on: August 15, 2019, 06:08:52 PM »
Pneuma is either a) using a random outdated music theory term without any care for the meaning or b) some random reference to Gnosticism.

Or any of the other possible meanings? Quoth the Google:

"(in Stoic thought) the vital spirit, soul, or creative force of a person." - philosophy

Pneuma (πνεῦμα) is an ancient Greek word for "breath", and in a religious context for "spirit" or "soul".[1][2] It has various technical meanings for medical writers and philosophers of classical antiquity, particularly in regard to physiology, and is also used in Greek translations of ruach רוח in the Hebrew Bible, and in the Greek New Testament. In classical philosophy, it is distinguishable from psyche (ψυχή), which originally meant "breath of life", but is regularly translated as "spirit" or most often "soul".[3] - wikipedia
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #691 on: August 15, 2019, 06:14:19 PM »

"(in Stoic thought) the vital spirit, soul, or creative force of a person." - philosophy

Pneuma (πνεῦμα) is an ancient Greek word for "breath", and in a religious context for "spirit" or "soul".[1][2] It has various technical meanings for medical writers and philosophers of classical antiquity, particularly in regard to physiology, and is also used in Greek translations of ruach רוח in the Hebrew Bible, and in the Greek New Testament. In classical philosophy, it is distinguishable from psyche (ψυχή), which originally meant "breath of life", but is regularly translated as "spirit" or most often "soul".[3] - wikipedia

Speaking of "putting in the effort".  Nicely done.

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #692 on: August 15, 2019, 07:06:35 PM »
How do you pronounce 7empest? Is it just Tempest, or Sevenpest? Sempest? Confused.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #693 on: August 15, 2019, 07:07:04 PM »
I'm gonna go with Tempest.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #694 on: August 15, 2019, 07:12:37 PM »
I'm gonna go with Tempest.

That’s what I was thinkin. I think the 7 is supposed to represent a disfigured T.

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #695 on: August 15, 2019, 07:15:03 PM »
 SeventhSon

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #696 on: August 15, 2019, 07:35:25 PM »
Sevenempest
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #697 on: August 15, 2019, 08:04:55 PM »
How do you pronounce 7empest? Is it just Tempest, or Sevenpest? Sempest? Confused.

it's likely "Tempest", but I'm forever going to call it "Seven-empest". 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #698 on: August 15, 2019, 08:06:24 PM »
Mike Tyson would call it The Thempetht.

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #699 on: August 15, 2019, 08:08:23 PM »

That's true, and the main definition that's associated with Gnosticism iirc. But even with that, I still think it's pretentious and I still don't like the title.

Mike Tyson would call it The Thempetht.

This is officially now the correct pronunciation. I declare it to be so