Author Topic: TOOL Official Thread.  (Read 110112 times)

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Re: TOOL : Still No Album. V Who Gives A Crap?!
« Reply #350 on: January 07, 2018, 02:39:35 AM »
I've had a nightmare from music only once in my life, and it was the night that I saw the Sober video for the first time.   The only other song that ever "scared" me in any way was listening to "Orgasmatron" one night in CT by myself with the lights off and after a couple glasses of wine. 

:lol
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #351 on: January 07, 2018, 08:38:48 AM »
I've been on the Tool train since Sober first broke. The video was awesome.

In terms of Lateralus, count me in as another that considers it their best. Saw them on that tour and I have the album on vinyl as well.

I saw them again when they came through Chicago in 2017 and it was an amazing show. Easily, one of the best shows I've ever seen. Blew away the show from the Lateralus tour.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #352 on: January 07, 2018, 08:53:49 AM »
I've had a nightmare from music only once in my life, and it was the night that I saw the Sober video for the first time.   The only other song that ever "scared" me in any way was listening to "Orgasmatron" one night in CT by myself with the lights off and after a couple glasses of wine. 

:lol

My story is even more lame in the context of your Zeppelin share.  :).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:33:45 PM by Stadler »

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #353 on: January 07, 2018, 10:52:44 AM »
I've been on the Tool train since Sober first broke. The video was awesome.

In terms of Lateralus, count me in as another that considers it their best. Saw them on that tour and I have the album on vinyl as well.

I saw them again when they came through Chicago in 2017 and it was an amazing show. Easily, one of the best shows I've ever seen. Blew away the show from the Lateralus tour.

I was at that show too, it was outstanding. Only other time I saw them was the 10,000 Days tour at the same arena. Can't decide which show I liked more.

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #354 on: January 19, 2018, 07:13:19 AM »
Per a live stream on Adam Jones' Instagram: "Music is done. Lyrics coming in hard".

Also, Danny Carey said that they're hoping to get the new album out before May 2018,  right before their headlining spot at Coachella.

So...it looks like this might finally be happening.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #355 on: January 19, 2018, 07:44:05 AM »
Per a live stream on Adam Jones' Instagram: "Music is done. Lyrics coming in hard".

Also, Danny Carey said that they're hoping to get the new album out before May 2018,  right before their headlining spot at Coachella.

So...it looks like this might finally be happening.

I'll believe it when i see it...

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #356 on: January 19, 2018, 07:50:25 AM »
I read from blabbermouth yesterday that they haven’t started recording yet. If that’s the case, we will not have it by May. Fall is more likely.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #357 on: January 19, 2018, 09:07:11 AM »
I predict that once they go in to record, they realize what they have written is not up to their "standards" and scrap the whole thing and start over. I expect the album in 2050, just in time for me to enjoy it in my retirement...
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #358 on: January 19, 2018, 05:43:33 PM »
Adam Jones is probably still playing around with the same 4 bar riff for the past 5 years.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #359 on: March 10, 2018, 09:04:48 PM »
This was just posted to their Facebook page an hour ago.   Take it or leave it....

TOOL RECORDING NEWS!

Who’s ready for some major breaking news? Brace yourself; get ready… okay, here we go. We are very excited to announce what is sure to be welcome news for both fans of TOOL and prog-metal enthusiasts in general. After all the years of writing and arranging (and re-arranging) at the band’s loft, I can at this time officially report that the guys have moved into a major studio where the recording process for the next album is about to begin in earnest. For the past few days the band members have been getting sonically adjusted to their new surroundings - dialing in the equipment settings and restaurant catering choices - in preparation for Danny to begin his tracking any time now – perhaps by the time that you read this!

I am also excited to announce that ‘evil’ JOE BARRESI will once again have his capable fingers at the engineering controls for what will certainly be another masterful TOOL offering by the talented team. Pinch yourself if you want, but I have been told that all systems are GO at this point for the upcoming sessions.

I will be posting periodic bits and pieces on the progress of the tracking once the guys get deeper into the recording process, and hope that all of you will keep checking back to the official website for these updates. In the meantime, be sure to also visit the individual band members’ sites and socials (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) for more inside glimpses as TOOL prepares for the next stage in their musical odyssey.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #360 on: March 10, 2018, 09:09:06 PM »
so, 3 years of recording, 2 years of mastering, and a 5 year promotion cycle before they release the first single, i'm excited

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #361 on: March 10, 2018, 09:48:29 PM »
so, 3 years of recording, 2 years of mastering, and a 5 year promotion cycle before they release the first single, i'm excited
Someone's optimistic.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #362 on: March 10, 2018, 11:27:41 PM »
Honestly....

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #363 on: March 11, 2018, 12:00:24 AM »
I genuinely believe we’ll have it by the fall if this news is legit. Seriously this time!

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #364 on: March 11, 2018, 05:50:18 AM »
I put on 10.000 Days after this news, and now I am excited! Let's see who will finish first: Me with graduation from college or Tool with their new album (I started last semester)
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #365 on: March 11, 2018, 07:22:43 AM »
Once again, I'll believe it when I see it!

But really, they have to come out with guns blazing with this new album, in order for the Tool fans to forgive them for sitting on their asses for years and doing nothing.

This could be their best album, and I don't think it will be enough for some fans.

Me? If this is indeed the real thing now, I'll be interested to hear it.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #366 on: March 11, 2018, 07:26:13 AM »
Like everyone else has stated, I'll believe it when I have it in my hand and have listened to it at least twice

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #367 on: March 11, 2018, 10:02:03 AM »
I put on 10.000 Days after this news, and now I am excited! Let's see who will finish first: Me with graduation from college or Tool with their new album (I started last semester)

I put that challenge to them as well. 10,000 days came out my senior year of high school. I just graduated college last May, so I was able to beat em. One bachelors degree, one doctorate degree and a few years of goofing around with multiple different majors, but I beat em man  :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #368 on: March 11, 2018, 10:13:24 AM »
Check out Adam's Instagram. He posted a Day 1 photo in the studio and his most recent pic is him and Joe Barresi in the studio.

Seems pretty legit to me.

Day 1 - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf-DyGrnt74/?hl=en&taken-by=adamjones_tv

Adam and Joe - https://www.instagram.com/p/BgDIF0UnFRQ/?taken-by=adamjones_tv
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #369 on: March 11, 2018, 12:04:15 PM »
It's kinda sad it's gotten to this point but with how much bullshit that has been fed to us and how much back and forth they've done, they could post a video of them playing a new song in the studio and say "Second to last song almost done!" and I'd still not care until it's on my devices waiting to be played.  :lol Seriously, even if they are actually recording and actually doing everything to make the album, it wouldn't surprise me one single bit now if they posted something else after all this saying "Issues with mastering, please look forward to hearing the album sometime in 2019 most likely".

RIP DTP.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #370 on: March 11, 2018, 12:13:02 PM »
And MP thought DT fans were so demanding....haha.

I honestly don't even bother with Tool and their time to make albums. Based off their output since 10,000 Days. How long it took for that album.

But I'm they have gone and said they've had some Legal troubles (who knows what that could be) that delayed them from actually making music. Their priority was in dealing with that situation first. Sadly those also do take time.

So its not like they were sitting on their asses. Plus, Maynard did puscifer, Adam likely was doing art stuff for movies.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #371 on: March 11, 2018, 01:43:50 PM »
Oh, I'm a very casual fan; even in their heyday I wasn't a huge one, and now it's dwindled to "I'll listen to my favorite song of theirs twice a year". And I'm not "demanding" anything; I just find it funny, that's all. There's a line where the media marketing and the updates go from "Thanks for the update" to "Shut the fuck up until there's some actual evidence of something...anything". The circumstances surrounding the band and the album are now the news, not the music itself, which for me has taken a hard back seat in the nosebleeds. I'll definitely be interested when the music does eventually release but till then it's just fun and games.

RIP DTP.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #372 on: March 11, 2018, 02:27:37 PM »
I think the main issue I had with Tool was if they didn't want to do an album they should've not brought making an album until they are. If they don't want to make an album and hang out and do other stuff fine, just don't mention that you're going to be recording a couple of times a year and never do.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #373 on: March 11, 2018, 03:31:41 PM »
Right, it's more of a principal issue than me actually giving a shit whether they release music or not.

Granted, it's a fantastic way to stay relevant. But sadly, only because there's still so many fans that are baited and still love to band. On the other side of that same coin, I'm sure they've lost a decent amount of quasi-fans that would have still bought the album but have long since moved on thanks to the reign of inaccurate or outright fake updates (whether it's their own fault or not).

I'm in the camp that couldn't care less if they ever release music but will check it out if it ever does happen. What's good about my own thoughts on the band is that I have quite literally no expectations at all, so unless it's just laughably bad even as a standalone album, outside of comparisons, then I'm sure I'll enjoy it. But again, till the actual thing is out, this is just a class in "how to stay relevant when you've done nothing at all for years". Works like a charm, too.

RIP DTP.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #374 on: March 11, 2018, 05:15:57 PM »

I put that challenge to them as well. 10,000 days came out my senior year of high school. I just graduated college last May, so I was able to beat em. One bachelors degree, one doctorate degree and a few years of goofing around with multiple different majors, but I beat em man  :lol

Since 10.000 Days came out I changed school once, lived a year in Cordoba, Argentina, finished high school, started studying music, finished studying music, lived half a year in Utrecht, Netherlands and then moved to Austria to start new studies in a new field and changed my whole lifestyle  :rollin

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #375 on: March 13, 2018, 01:43:20 PM »
Here's some perspective. I went from being in my 20s when 10,000 Days was released...to now being into my 40s.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #376 on: March 13, 2018, 02:24:23 PM »
Here's some perspective. I went from being in my 20s when 10,000 Days was released...to now being into my 40s.  :lol

Wow. Same here. That's crazy.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #377 on: March 13, 2018, 02:24:55 PM »
Shit. 10,000 Days was released in 2006. I've graduated Grad School (~25 yrs old), moved twice, got married, I'll be 36 in a couple of weeks...clock keeps ticking.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #378 on: March 13, 2018, 03:38:10 PM »

Nuts, right? ha ha ha. I hope TOOL has evolved a bit, musically, honestly. I really enjoyed their entire catalog, but I honestly sort of identify them with that time period. Twenty years ago. A lot of bands have really taken TOOL's sound and expanded on it while they've not made a record. So it'll be interesting to see if they've continued to evolve, or if they'll just tread familiar ground.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #379 on: March 13, 2018, 04:00:20 PM »

Nuts, right? ha ha ha. I hope TOOL has evolved a bit, musically, honestly. I really enjoyed their entire catalog, but I honestly sort of identify them with that time period. Twenty years ago. A lot of bands have really taken TOOL's sound and expanded on it while they've not made a record. So it'll be interesting to see if they've continued to evolve, or if they'll just tread familiar ground.

Yeah. I bet it'll sound like Soen's latest.  ;D

First record was a Tool clone and they evolved with each subsequent record.

Honestly, I wouldn't complain one bit if it sounded like Lykaia. Doubt it will.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #380 on: March 14, 2018, 06:53:52 AM »
So you guys wanna do the same with the time since Peter Gabriel released an album of original music?  :lol

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #381 on: March 14, 2018, 08:40:40 AM »

Yeah. I bet it'll sound like Soen's latest.  ;D

First record was a Tool clone and they evolved with each subsequent record.

Honestly, I wouldn't complain one bit if it sounded like Lykaia. Doubt it will.

I need to check their last record out. I've been hearing great things about it, but just never got to it.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #382 on: March 14, 2018, 10:04:14 AM »
So you guys wanna do the same with the time since Peter Gabriel released an album of original music?  :lol

If I had a child born that year they'd be driving by now.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #383 on: March 14, 2018, 10:14:59 AM »
But really, they have to come out with guns blazing with this new album, in order for the Tool fans to forgive them for sitting on their asses for years and doing nothing.
Nah. Those guys don't owe me anything. Hell, half of us aren't even going to pay for it anyway.

This could be their best album, and I don't think it will be enough for some fans.
This is certainly true. But then some fans are just dicks.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #384 on: April 19, 2018, 02:10:41 PM »
Hey guys, I thought this was the best place to post this. There's a new album called Legend of the Seagullmen that includes Danny Carey and Brent Hinds from Mastodon. I listened to it the other day and it's interesting. Thought some of you might want to check it out.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants.