Author Topic: TOOL Official Thread.  (Read 110203 times)

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Re: TOOL : Still No Album. V Who Gives A Crap?!
« Reply #315 on: March 25, 2015, 06:56:34 PM »
Honestly, whatever the fuck they use as an excuse is legit because the band is not obligated to write new material. I'm not sure why some people seem to think they're owed an album.

Reminds me of Neil Gaiman telling people complaining about George RR Martin's work habits that "George Martin is not your bitch."  :lol

:lol, awesome.

Btw, it took me a full thirty seconds or so to figure out wtf Fluffy was talking about. I'm kind of... out of the loop with popular shit these days.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #316 on: March 25, 2015, 06:57:58 PM »
I think it gets frustrating about a new album because they don't seem to say "don't hold your breath." Almost feels like a carrot being dangled.

At least with SOAD, they tell us straight up they aren't making an album any time soon (although I heard today they've written some new songs together).

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #317 on: March 25, 2015, 07:09:07 PM »
Before you ask why I don’t just watch the TV show: I’m a snob and like my literature and refuse to let my reading experience be tainted by watching a shitty watered down adaptation.
BTW, it's not shitty or watered down.
I mean comparatively. If I asked which is better, book or TV show, I can almost guarantee what the answer will be, because it’s what the answer is 99% of the time. Other than in rare cases, I’m not interested in reading the book AND seeing the movie. If I enjoyed or am apparently going to enjoy a book, I generally don’t even want to know about its TV/film remake, because I don’t want what someone else saw in the story to define how I experience it.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #318 on: September 23, 2015, 06:17:31 PM »
I don't think you can still say that there is *NO* news.   It seems like something is happening.

From their official Facebook Page:

TOOL VIP EVENT
Thank you for your attention concerning an important announcement from TOOL. For those of you who are planning to go to the MONSTER MASH MUSIC FESTIVAL in Tempe on Halloween, there will be a TOOL VIP EVENT* that includes a Q&A session with some MEMBERS OF THE BAND that will be held in PHOENIX, ARIZONA on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30th. The exact time and location for this special event is still to be determined, and those who are interested should check back with the TOOL WEBSITE or TOOL FACEBOOK PAGE on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30th for the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT. Tickets for the VIP EVENT go on sale on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9th - AVAILABLE at the TOOLBAND.COM WEBSTORE. Again, please check back with the band's website and Facebook page on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30th for the official announcement.
*Please note that this special event involving TOOL is not a performance.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #319 on: September 24, 2015, 07:23:43 AM »
Doesn't look like anything important.  Just cashing a check to answer some questions.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #320 on: September 24, 2015, 11:28:17 AM »
Not that I was ever a diehard fan to begin with, though I do love some of their songs, but I'm treating Tool like I would ordering an item from overseas. Order it, forget about it, and it'll get here when it gets here. (...and then call UPS bitching them out and asking where the fuck my item is  :lol )

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #321 on: September 24, 2015, 05:15:04 PM »
I'm surprised Tool decided to do this Q&A thing. Maybe it could be a special listening session?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #322 on: September 24, 2015, 05:29:55 PM »
I wonder if Maynard will be hiding in the back with a microphone.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #323 on: September 24, 2015, 09:21:08 PM »
A Q&A seems funny when every single question will be "when the fuck is an album coming out?"  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #324 on: September 25, 2015, 02:11:35 AM »
I hope they sell 1 ticket and that guy only asks that question then leaves.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #325 on: September 25, 2015, 02:25:16 AM »
I don't know why but with the way you phrased that...I pictured the dude asking it and then leaving before even getting an answer.  :lol

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #326 on: September 25, 2015, 03:20:48 AM »
They probably start by saying that they won't answer questions about a new album and then there is an hour of awkward silence.

Or maybe they announce, that next year is the 10th anniversary of not doing anything and they want to celebrate it by not releasing an album?
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #327 on: September 25, 2015, 07:30:09 AM »
A Q&A seems funny when every single question will be "when the fuck is an album coming out?"  :lol
:tup
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #328 on: September 25, 2015, 07:31:57 AM »
Spoiler : Either the album is out Next May - making it ten years since 10,000 days GEDDIT ITS A TOOL "JOKE"

Or there's a new tour or they're breaking up.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #329 on: October 03, 2015, 10:25:25 AM »
Yea....I don't think the next Tool album will be coming out anytime soon. someday, but not soon.

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #330 on: October 04, 2015, 11:06:28 PM »
I guess they are literally releasing it on September 17, 2033.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #331 on: December 13, 2017, 01:40:21 AM »
Tom Morello on instagram:

Had the honor of being the first outsider to hear new #TOOL music today!! Still just instrumentals but sounded epic, majestic, symphonic, brutal, beautiful, tribal, mysterious, deep, sexy and VERY Tool. Really great. So excited to hear the record when it's finished.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #332 on: December 13, 2017, 04:10:51 AM »
Read an article that Danny said the album WILL be out sometime in 2018.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #333 on: December 13, 2017, 04:45:12 AM »
:lol

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #335 on: December 13, 2017, 05:14:12 AM »
Who knows, it may happen. I didn't think APC was going to ever release anything.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #336 on: December 14, 2017, 03:40:57 AM »
Tool and Mastodon related, did you heard about this band/project? It seems interesting:
https://legendoftheseagullmen.bandcamp.com/
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #337 on: December 14, 2017, 04:54:23 AM »
That sounds like one hell of a group, I'll check it out later today

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #338 on: December 14, 2017, 07:19:25 AM »

No, but seriously, I'm super excited about the possibility of there finally being a new Tool album (& APC). Hopefully this goes better than all the other release dates so far. The new Tool album is starting to head the way of Book of Revelation doomsday theories and the Artemis Fowl movie (been waiting 17 years for that one! SEVENTEEN YEARS) with all these supposed release dates. I also hope that the band finally releases their music digitally with this new album, since times are a-changin' and streaming is pretty much the de-facto way of listening to music now.

Tool and Mastodon related, did you heard about this band/project? It seems interesting:
https://legendoftheseagullmen.bandcamp.com/

Shipswreck sounds like it would be a blast to play on Rock Band. Not a fan of the effects on the vocals, but everything else is really great (Especially that first solo. Mmmm yes). I'll definitely check this out when it drops in February.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #339 on: December 14, 2017, 09:57:19 AM »
I think this album will be really diverse:
https://youtu.be/eUBPflO8EkE
Almost Quentin Tarantino
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #340 on: December 14, 2017, 10:15:19 AM »
That sounds pretty great actually. I think I like it a little bit more than Shipswreck. Sounds like a mix of Nightwish - The Islander, Pirates of the Caribbean, Gothic Country, and Spaghetti Western.

Also, reading the description for that video, I learned that the director of Horton Hears a Who is the producer for the album. That would NOT have been my first guess. :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #341 on: December 14, 2017, 11:04:40 AM »
That is....Some damn fine music there. The concept is great. Its like Primus Pirate music set in the world of Dr. Seuss.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #342 on: January 06, 2018, 03:32:53 AM »
I hope I'm not getting anyone's hopes up by revitalizing this thread (although most fans probably have given up on a new album by this band just as Peter Gabriel fans have lol).

I have known Tool since around one year after the time I got into DT, which was 2007. I always found them fascinating, the whole mysterious character they had, the fantastic cover artwork and the fact that they made Prog Metal MTV-accessible. Plus, Vicarious always had a special place in my heart. But it took 10 years to rererererediscover them and now I feel like I FINALLY begin to really appreciate them.

I picked up the vinyl re-releases of Opiate and Undertow and liked the rough, garage-like character they have. But I like 10.000 Days better, with its more "progressive" and complex attitude. I know Aenima from the 4-5 times I listened to it. Lateralus seems to be somewhat their "best" album (?) and I have "saved" it for last (haven't really heard it yet apart from one or two songs). I bought the new vinyl version of Lateralus (amazing artwork, as per usual) and even found a Aenima vinyl in almost perfect condition (no idea how I managed to do this, considering the discogs prices https://www.discogs.com/de/sell/list?ev=mb&master_id=1402&format=Vinyl). I'm very much looking forward to listening to these two album tomorrow when I get home. I even found their first demo and the Salival EP on vinyl in a tiny record shop in Dresden.

What does everyone think about the albums Aenima and Lateralus? Did it take you guys so much time to get into Tool too?
any rock can be made to roll

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #343 on: January 06, 2018, 04:06:29 AM »
I didn't take me long at all. There was a six month period after AEnima came out that I could listen to nothing else. I still think Eulogy is as near to perfect as a composition can get. I still get a chill whenever I hear, "He had a lot to say, he had a lot of nothing to say, we'll miss him." Damn, just so brilliant. I love that this album spans the gap between their more conventional heavy rock sound and the full on acid rock of Lateralus and 10,000 days. I would also love to know what the catalyst was for the over use of profanity on this album. It doesn't seem to be a priority in the lyrics of other albums, but AEnima is stuffed to the gills.

I really like Lateralus. It's a weird mix of ambition and self-deprecation--I guess that could probably be said about anything Keenan is involved with--but this album is perhaps a bit too unsure of itself. Not near as accessible as their previous offerings, for sure. Still, a lot to love here, the run of songs from Schism through Lateralus is absolutely hypnotizing and essential prog in my view.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #344 on: January 06, 2018, 04:29:03 AM »
Hilarious to read the first post. The hope of a new Tool album some 3 years after 10000 days. How naive we all were lol. And here we are some 4000 days later still waiting

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #345 on: January 06, 2018, 10:39:36 AM »
Lateralus is a work of art. One of the greatest albums of all time.

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #346 on: January 06, 2018, 12:49:40 PM »
Hilarious to read the first post. The hope of a new Tool album some 3 years after 10000 days. How naive we all were lol. And here we are some 4000 days later still waiting

But they already secretly told us the release date for the new album. 10,000 Days was a not-so cryptic hint: The album will be released on September 12th, 2033. 10,000 Days after 10,000 Days. Just 15 years left!

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #347 on: January 06, 2018, 12:51:46 PM »
The first time I heard Tool, I believe it was the song Sober that came on the radio. I remember thinking that it sounded pretty cool, so I bought the album on a whim along with their album Aenima which had just come out. They quickly became one of my favorite bands. Lateralus is my number 3 favorite album of all time, just behind Marbles by Marillion and Verisakeet by Moonsorrow.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #348 on: January 06, 2018, 01:57:27 PM »
Aenima was my first album, though I had heard some earlier stuff at that point too. I spent a LOT of time watching MTV as a kid so I remember seeing the video for Stinkfist and being like  :o and then I think I got the album shortly after that, when I was 11 or 12. My favorite radio station at the time used to play them a lot, but because it was a Catholic college (Seton Hall's pirate radio! 89.5 WSOU!) they had to censor a lot of band and song names. They played "H with a P" a lot :lol
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #349 on: January 06, 2018, 04:00:21 PM »
I've had a nightmare from music only once in my life, and it was the night that I saw the Sober video for the first time.   The only other song that ever "scared" me in any way was listening to "Orgasmatron" one night in CT by myself with the lights off and after a couple glasses of wine.