Author Topic: TOOL Official Thread.  (Read 110043 times)

Offline senecadawg2

Re: Tool News v. Still No Album.
« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2014, 05:12:53 AM »
I agree. I don't think anything Tool ever releases will top Lateralus for me. It is the complete package.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline adastra

« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2014, 05:41:45 AM »
I actually think that 10000 days is better than lateralus :P
But both albums are masterpieces.... One of the best albums I have ever heard.
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #177 on: June 05, 2014, 06:08:28 AM »
I really ought to listen to 10000 days more; most of my experiences with Tool are limited to the first three albums.

Offline adastra

« Reply #178 on: June 05, 2014, 06:20:10 AM »
Is Undertow good???  I heard that it is more "grungeish" and less "psychedelish" :D
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #179 on: June 05, 2014, 06:28:10 AM »
Is Undertow good???  I heard that it is more "grungeish" and less "psychedelish" :D

All Tool albums are good.

And yes, Undertow is very different in that they had a very aggressive, grungeish thing going on, but its still an excellent album. And its not like tool has 20 albums like Rush. Its 4 proper albums, then the 1 EP and Its worth having them all.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:34:16 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2014, 06:49:58 AM »
Untertwo is great. As Phoenix mentioned, its a quite aggressive. It also has a very raw feel to it, that I really enjoy.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2014, 09:48:44 AM »

And yes, Undertow is very different in that they had a very aggressive, grungeish thing going on, but its still an excellent album. And its not like tool has 20 albums like Rush. Its 4 proper albums, then the 1 EP and Its worth having them all.

You forgot Salival. A dvd of their music videos up to Aenima, and a cd of live and studio tracks, it has the Timothy Leary intro of Third Eye, a badass reinterpretation of Pushit, part of me live, Merkaba (a nice spacey, trip instrumental), A cover of No Quarter, and Maynards Dick after L.A.M.C. its worth tracking down for the live songs and Merkaba.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2014, 10:02:18 AM »

You forgot Salival. A dvd of their music videos up to Aenima, and a cd of live and studio tracks, it has the Timothy Leary intro of Third Eye, a badass reinterpretation of Pushit, part of me live, Merkaba (a nice spacey, trip instrumental), A cover of No Quarter, and Maynards Dick after L.A.M.C. its worth tracking down for the live songs and Merkaba.

Agreed.

Salival is definitely another excellent addition and I completely forgot about it. I think I'm going to have to dig that out, its been a while.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2014, 10:09:02 AM »
I have mine sitting next to me, when I read your post I happened to look at it.

I lucked out when I found it on amazon, like new but used
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online goo-goo

« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2014, 11:04:29 AM »
I'm not a fan of Opiate or Undertow for that matter. Aenima, Lateralus, and 10k days are the only Tool albums I listen to (I think there's one or two songs of Undertow that I really like), Lateralus being my favorite (one of my all time favorite albums actually). It's perfect imo.

If you guys haven't checked out Volto, give it a spin. It's great to hear Danny Carey on a fusion setting. And the music is not too shabby either.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2014, 12:05:17 PM »
oh man, the Volto record is AMAZING. their guitar player clearly goes for the same thing as Adam so it sounds like a Tool jam record!

Offline PolarizeMe

« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2014, 09:52:19 PM »
If I had to rank the Tool albums...

Lateralus > Ænima > 10,000 Days > Undertow

If I included Opiate, I'd actually rank it higher than Undertow believe it or not.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2014, 03:11:17 AM »
Tool is the one and only band I can't rank. I pretty much Like all the albums equally. It just depends on mood, which one I will listen to.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2014, 01:00:24 PM »
I'm not a fan of Opiate or Undertow for that matter. Aenima, Lateralus, and 10k days are the only Tool albums I listen to (I think there's one or two songs of Undertow that I really like), Lateralus being my favorite (one of my all time favorite albums actually). It's perfect imo.

If you guys haven't checked out Volto, give it a spin. It's great to hear Danny Carey on a fusion setting. And the music is not too shabby either.

I was really impressed with the Volto record, I should give it a spin this afternoon.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2014, 01:16:35 PM »
Tool is the one and only band I can't rank. I pretty much Like all the albums equally. It just depends on mood, which one I will listen to.

Oh I can. i think Lateralus is absolutely their best album. After that it goes Aenima > 10,000 Days > undertow. :)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #190 on: June 08, 2014, 04:57:12 PM »
TOOL NEWSLETTER
JUNE 2014 E.V.
MERCURY RETROGRADE
Be prepared for lots of problems as MERCURY GOES RETROGRADE UNTIL... JULY 1. So, if your cell phone call drops out in the canyon... If your order from the shopping bazaar is the wrong shirt size... If your Bic won't spark that blunt after only 2,999 flicks... If your VHS tape of "The Eighteen Year Old SchoolGirls" suddenly has a faulty end-of-tape detection mechanism... If the Cheetos nubs in the bag are smaller than usual... If your car battery goes dead (and there's no alien spaceship that sounds like a broken lawnmower nearby)... If they get your order wrong at the Jack-In-The-Box drive-thru... If your cochlear neural interface implant goes on the fritz... If the commercials are louder than the television show that your watching... If you get bitten by a black widow spider after falling onto the floor after being hit between the eyes by popped champagne cork... YOU NOW KNOW WHAT TO BLAME.
Also, if you are currently working on ANY creative project, you should probably stop until after July 1... Unless, of course, you are in a band called TOOL, and busy working on material for a new record. If this is the case, back up your hard drive... and go with the flow!
SLIART YPPAH

Be prepared for fuck all happening on July 1st :lol

Just like when they advertised November 2009 as a "untitled Tool Project" . . . .

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #191 on: June 08, 2014, 05:21:38 PM »
It's like watching a fuckload of fish storming the food pellets.

Not here, but every other person I know that is into Tool is freaking out, and on other message boards. Ugh... It's cool seeing updates, sure; but yeah, every announcement is nothing but lubrication for an ass-fucking.

Until it isn't. When that time comes, so will I. Till then, I'm just beatin' the meat.  :\ :corn

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #192 on: June 08, 2014, 05:29:19 PM »
I can't ever tell what the newsletter is actually saying. It's just gibberish.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #193 on: June 08, 2014, 05:32:36 PM »
I suppose that's mostly the point. It could be big news, it probably isn't, but it's so faded beneath loads of bullshit that most of the dimwitted tools (LLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL) fall for it anyway. It'd be nice if it was. I'm expecting zilch. Moving along...

RIP DTP.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #194 on: June 08, 2014, 06:05:21 PM »
TOOL NEWSLETTER
JUNE 2014 E.V.
MERCURY RETROGRADE
Be prepared for lots of problems as MERCURY GOES RETROGRADE UNTIL... JULY 1. So, if your cell phone call drops out in the canyon... If your order from the shopping bazaar is the wrong shirt size... If your Bic won't spark that blunt after only 2,999 flicks... If your VHS tape of "The Eighteen Year Old SchoolGirls" suddenly has a faulty end-of-tape detection mechanism... If the Cheetos nubs in the bag are smaller than usual... If your car battery goes dead (and there's no alien spaceship that sounds like a broken lawnmower nearby)... If they get your order wrong at the Jack-In-The-Box drive-thru... If your cochlear neural interface implant goes on the fritz... If the commercials are louder than the television show that your watching... If you get bitten by a black widow spider after falling onto the floor after being hit between the eyes by popped champagne cork... YOU NOW KNOW WHAT TO BLAME.
Also, if you are currently working on ANY creative project, you should probably stop until after July 1... Unless, of course, you are in a band called TOOL, and busy working on material for a new record. If this is the case, back up your hard drive... and go with the flow!
SLIART YPPAH

Fuck that non sense.

I can't even take even take their website seriously, with all that bullshit.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #195 on: June 08, 2014, 06:08:27 PM »
Tool is the chick that fondles you and acts like a Tijuana hooker, then when you try to move in, she slaps you and calls you a womanizer.

RIP DTP.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #196 on: June 08, 2014, 08:40:57 PM »
THAT WAS ONE TIME! IT WAS A BAD DAY!  >:(
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline adastra

« Reply #197 on: June 08, 2014, 11:57:01 PM »
Yeah!  I just bought Aenima!  ;D

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #198 on: June 09, 2014, 12:00:12 AM »
I find it interesting they don't specify whether or not they are referring to July 1st, 2014. :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #199 on: June 09, 2014, 08:56:46 AM »
The Tool site is so shit - they don't even have 10,000 days in the discography section.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: June 09, 2014, 09:26:34 AM »
The Tool site is so shit - they don't even have 10,000 days in the discography section.

They won't add it until it's been out 10,000 days.  :P

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #201 on: June 09, 2014, 11:11:45 AM »
So next week then :p

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #202 on: June 09, 2014, 08:50:22 PM »
10, 000 days Is the fake album that's why. Haha

Offline adastra

« Reply #203 on: July 09, 2014, 02:09:15 AM »
I have listened Aenima for about 20 times now.  It's pretty good album! I think that The Third Eye might be my favourite song from the album at the moment.
But I got to say that Aenima doesn't even come close to the greatness of 10000 days... for now.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #204 on: July 09, 2014, 04:18:09 AM »
For me, Pushit, H., Eulogy and Third Eye are my faves off the album.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #205 on: July 15, 2014, 05:30:22 PM »
I wasn't aware of the legal problems mentioned in this article:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tools-adam-jones-danny-carey-explain-new-album-delay/

Of course, the "it's done when it's done" comment has me thinking we're looking at a 2016 release minimum  :lol
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #206 on: July 15, 2014, 06:10:37 PM »
You know, even though I have no problem waiting for albums anyway, it should shut the whiners right up (not referencing anything here so don't go all drama) with the comment "It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good". I really like that he said that and it's a reminder that the longer you work on something, the more it (hopefully lolz) gets better, more refined. Hopefully everything is finally resolved before the final work begins but it sounds like they just need to figure out their own lives and get shit done, then they can get together and hash out an epic. It's cool to hear they've got one already it sounds.

But y'know, they've been at least keeping us updated as opposed to the last few years and it's been getting more and more steady. Either way it's getting there, good to hear.

RIP DTP.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2014, 09:32:01 PM »
I'm by no means a Tool fan, but I happened across that article today and couldn't help but laugh my ass off. Such a lawsuit wouldn't keep a band of Tool's status from having an album all but on the shelves if they really wanted it. They might not be able to release anything right now, but they've had more than enough time to be one step away from that. For a band that is notorious for making fans wait this "news" seems like nothing but a cop out.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #208 on: July 15, 2014, 09:38:26 PM »
I think that's a bit much, it isn't as if they're making out the lawsuit to be the only reason that they haven't released anything. I don't see why they'd lie about that, they clearly don't feel any need to appease the fans, and I'm fine with that. I think the term 'making the fans wait' is kinda odd...a band releases material when they release it. It's not like they were on a specific schedule for any long period of albums.  :lol I just don't see the cop out in this...it's just news, and 'a part' of the reason for delay.

RIP DTP.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2014, 10:02:37 PM »
I'm by no means a Tool fan, but I happened across that article today and couldn't help but laugh my ass off. Such a lawsuit wouldn't keep a band of Tool's status from having an album all but on the shelves if they really wanted it. They might not be able to release anything right now, but they've had more than enough time to be one step away from that. For a band that is notorious for making fans wait this "news" seems like nothing but a cop out.

It would if its all you can focus on at the moment.