Author Topic: TOOL Official Thread.  (Read 110045 times)

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Re: Tool News - November 12th 2009 !??!
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2014, 12:16:09 PM »
Wow, looks like they added another SF date. Unfortunately they're on weeknights so there's no way :(
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2014, 12:20:36 PM »
Is Tool still touring?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2014, 12:35:39 PM »
Is Tool still touring?

Nope, these are all LIES.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2014, 12:56:43 PM »
APC released a new one-off single that's really popular. Seems like they really want to make more music, but maybe aren't because Tool is working on a new one.

Iv been diggin the newer Puscifer cd. Conditions of my Parole. The first puscifer cd was pretty shitty, other then Momma Sed. But Conditions is so much better. The songs are of high quality, and feel like they were actually crafted with a lot of effort. I assume Maynard played the main role in writing the music, rather then just doing vocals. With Tool and APC he has no role in writing actual music. I read an interview from when 10k days was released where he seemed disappointed with the direction Adam and co. had taken with the music.

I was disappointed with his lyrics. His lyrics for Rosetta stoned turned the song into kind of a joke song. I love the theme of mystical and hallucinatory experiences, but not if it's just a joke.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2014, 03:28:44 PM »
Wow, looks like they added another SF date. Unfortunately they're on weeknights so there's no way :(

Do it. I'll wear the apron with nothing else on for ya  ;)

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2014, 09:32:41 AM »
Fucking tease! I really can't do middle of the week :(
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2014, 12:00:51 PM »
I was disappointed with his lyrics. His lyrics for Rosetta stoned turned the song into kind of a joke song. I love the theme of mystical and hallucinatory experiences, but not if it's just a joke.

:( it just might be my favorite song, lyrically

Offline NotePad

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2014, 10:19:01 PM »
I still think Rosetta Stoned is an incredibly awesome song. But with less silly lyrics it could have been even more.

What do you guys think of Undertown? I got into it after Lateralus and Aenima, so i was turned off at first. But now I think it's pretty impressive. Quite different and more straightforward then what they ended up doing after. Prison Sex is a great songs, I'm surprised Sober ended up being a way bigger hit then it.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2014, 06:24:15 AM »
I think Rosetta Stoned is a great song but it goes on for a bit too long, they should of ended it right after that huge climax.

Undertow is great, it's more a collection of songs, but really great songs.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2014, 08:57:57 AM »
it's more a collection of songs, but really great songs.

It almost sounds like you think slightly less of it for not being a concept or themed album. If I misread that, forgive me.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2014, 09:43:50 AM »
What do you guys think of Undertown? I got into it after Lateralus and Aenima, so i was turned off at first. But now I think it's pretty impressive. Quite different and more straightforward then what they ended up doing after. Prison Sex is a great songs, I'm surprised Sober ended up being a way bigger hit then it.

Lateralus
Aenima
10 000 Days

Opiate

Undertow

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2014, 09:49:37 AM »
Undertow is good, but not my favorite,  I enjoy 4º, Undertow, Swamp Song and the hidden track Disgustipated.

Also, I like Rosetta Stoneds lyrics. It's a funny story of this guy whom was told about things but couldn't remember shit. Its all told in a hospital room as well, so maybe he actually did shit the bed. The song is a nice ying-yang from Third Eye.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline NotePad

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2014, 01:31:19 AM »
I liked how Rosetta Stoned led up to a climax, like the song Lateralus, except totally different.... Not as rewarding, but still a great climax. Like someone said, it may have been better if they ended it after the climax. I'v never had an experience listening to a song like the first time I heard Lateralus from start to finish. The way it builds- just amazing.

I feel like Lateralus the album is somewhat of a concept album, even if it isn't. I may have said this before, but I feel like the album deals with spiritual themes, the soul, and other metaphysical-like ideas. I love that fuckin album. I don't think Tool can ever top it. I feel like they can't go any further mucsically, like Lateralus was the album everything led up to. I hope the do something more amazing and something you could never think of on their next one.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2014, 03:40:30 AM »
Is there a good reason not to retitle the thread to just "Tool News"?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2014, 04:06:55 AM »
Call it...Tools, Tool?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2014, 06:06:41 AM »
Is there a good reason not to retitle the thread to just "Tool News"?

Tool News would be a lie most of the time  :lol, let's just call it the Tool thread
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline krands85

« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2014, 06:18:43 AM »
Or, we could use the actual Tool thread here  :lol
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Tool News v. Still No Album.
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2014, 06:41:09 AM »
:lol It Is Done.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2014, 08:00:59 AM »
it's more a collection of songs, but really great songs.

It almost sounds like you think slightly less of it for not being a concept or themed album. If I misread that, forgive me.

Oh no, not at all, I think it's a great album.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2014, 11:35:21 PM »
Does anyone else remember sometime after 10000 Days was released and the band was touring that there was talk of Tool releasing a live DVD, and how people were seeing professional camera's filming their live shows? Didn't Adam Jones ever address this?

I know a Tool DVD would be amazing, because Jones would not let it be anything less. He has film experience himself, and lots of other creative talent with visual arts. I doubt it would just be a live performance, although that would be amazing. They should at least let one of their filmed shows be released on DVD, and if they have a desire to do something more with another DVD then work on another DVD!!!

I wonder if Alex Grey will be doing the art for their next album. I fucking love what he did with Lateralus and 10k. The Vicarious video is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Maynard is a Tool.
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2014, 04:34:32 AM »
Maynard said there will never be a Tool album because :

" Then people will come to the shows expecting cool angles and zooms "

:facepalm:

Because that's what I expect every time I go to a gig and I wonder why my eyes can't zoom in and switch between members.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2014, 07:02:33 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2014, 12:34:27 PM »
Tool is incredibly popular it seems. If memory serves me right, 10000 days reached #1 and stayed there for quite awhile. That's awesome. I'd say they're like the new pink Floyd, although musically they're more similar to King Crimson or Sabbath.

Anyone ever listen to the first 30seconds to mars album? It's very different from their newer stuff, and is something that will appeal more to fans of bands like Tool, and progressive Space Metal (new subgenre?)

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Maynard is a Tool.
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2014, 03:03:10 PM »
Maynard said there will never be a Tool album because :

" Then people will come to the shows expecting cool angles and zooms "

:facepalm:

album = DVD?

Tool is incredibly popular it seems. If memory serves me right, 10000 days reached #1 and stayed there for quite awhile. That's awesome. I'd say they're like the new pink Floyd, although musically they're more similar to King Crimson or Sabbath.

Anyone ever listen to the first 30seconds to mars album? It's very different from their newer stuff, and is something that will appeal more to fans of bands like Tool, and progressive Space Metal (new subgenre?)

idk about being musically similar to PF or BS...probs some king crimson, though im not familiar w enough of their material.

as for progressive space metal, i'd say the term's been used a bunch. Amplifier, who can actually sound a hell of a lot like tool when they wanna, would definitely fit into that category.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2014, 03:10:04 PM »
I'm pretty sure Ayreon are progressive space metal.

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2014, 07:30:55 PM »
yes, that too.

even Heart of Cygnus and BTBAM try their damndest to qualify.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2014, 10:40:20 PM »
I'v seen a few video's on youtube listed New Tool or something like that. Of course they're fake, but some of them capture that Tool sound really well. I'd say it would be cool in a way if some of the people doing that stuff actually made a complete album imitating Tool. They could get one of those Maynard-wannabe vocalists, like the guy from Chevelle.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2014, 04:09:56 AM »
Except good though.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2014, 08:44:52 PM »
https://consequenceofsound.net/2014/03/tools-new-album-is-finished-finally/

Here’s a sentence eight years in the making: Tool have finished their new studio album.

According to Crave Online, guitarist Adam Jones has confirmed that the long-awaited follow-up to 2006′s 10,000 Days is ”100% done” and should arrive later this year.

In an interview with Loudwire last summer, drummer Danny Carey insinuated that some outside forces were holding up the album’s release. ”We could have the record finished by the end of the year – that’s a possibility, but the logistics of getting it manufactured and getting the record company in line and all this stuff, I doubt we’ll be able to get it out before Christmas. We’ll see how it goes. Most likely, it’ll be early 2014.”

Meanwhile, frontman Maynard James Keenan spoke about the band’s intricate recording process in an interview with Rolling Stone last November. ”I don’t write the music. They write the music,” he said of his bandmates. “I wait for them to bring music to me. They tend to go back over and over stuff. It’s a long process. For a person like me, it can be a very tedious process.”

Keenan continued, ”In some ways, they are bigger perfectionists. But you can only help support their talent so long. They don’t have to go through it 700 times. They can trust that first thought. But that’s their process, so you gotta let them do it.” And is that process happening? “I couldn’t tell you.”

Tool is currently touring the U.S., their first such jaunt in two years. Thus far, they’ve stuck to the greatest hits.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2014, 08:50:34 PM »
lol

5 years later...

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2014, 08:51:38 PM »
....I didn't think this could actually happen.

...I still don't think this can actually happen.

Offline PolarizeMe

« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2014, 09:04:06 PM »
Pinch me, I must be dreaming!

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2014, 09:08:25 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it in the store.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline adace

« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2014, 09:14:10 PM »
 :omg:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2014, 09:24:27 PM »
I know it says it right there, but I find this hard to believe.

Even if they have finished it, I doubt we'll see it this year.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.