Author Topic: TOOL Official Thread.  (Read 110137 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: TOOL : Still No Album. V Who Gives A Crap?!
« Reply #420 on: June 29, 2018, 08:10:24 AM »
I read the original article, and I want to make one thing very clear. 

I think that speaking out is a good thing...because it takes away the veil that creeps hide behind, which is “plausible deniability”.     Once you actually speak up and say no, and educate and encourage others to speak up and say no if you find yourself in this situation, this veil of plausible deniability disappears. 

That being said, by this girls own admission, she went along with it without protesting.....Yes, she did so out of fear.   (Honestly, there are stories about JFK that play out exactly the same way....I mean, how do you say no to the POTUS???).   But still, it creates a situation where it is IMPOSSIBLE to *prove* that you didn’t consent.      I understand that fear can freeze you....but that’s why it is important that we teach everyone to SPEAK UP!!   Because if you don’t, we honestly don’t have anything tangible to base the accusation on.     I’m not even saying it wasn’t rape....I’m just saying that there is no reasonable universe in which we can PROVE it’s rape unless you speak up!!!   If you speak up after the fact, it may help someone in the future....so please, don’t stop speaking up.   Don’t think it does nothing just because you can never prove it.   Because you can at least teach the next person to be on their guard so that maybe they will speak up.    But without saying anything in the moment....you’ve got nothing.   I’m not even saying it’s right....it”s just reality.

Perhaps for another thread, but I want to explore the "I didn't say no, and I did what I did out of fear" notion, but I wonder if you can have those two conditions, but not have it actually be a "consent" issue.  Meaning, the "fear" thing tipped the balance of the "risk/reward" equation, but that was still a conscious decision.   This comes up at work all the time in a non-sexual way.   I might have to go to Dallas-Ft. Worth in two weeks.  I don't want to go.  I have personal things here that I have to attend to.   But I fear that my position in the company might be compromised if I don't go.   

Ever since "Head For Backstage Pass" on Jeff Beck's "Wired" album (what, 1976?), this has always been sort of common knowledge.   Sammy Hagar made no beef about being the recipient of fellatio (I don't think he used that word) to epic proportions across the United States, and legend says Def Leppard had a special room under their "In The Round" stage to specifically accommodate that.   Pam Des Barres and a couple others made an entire career out of being that girl.    I get it, and I totally accept that a woman's body - or a man's - is their sole purview, unequivocally, but I shouldn't really be able to go to a strip bar and then formally complain about the "breasts" or the "loud music".   I shouldn't be able to go to a race track and formally complain about the "smell of fuel everywhere".   

I'm no fan of Maynard - I just don't get the notion that he's something special, like some Tool fans - but fair is fair.   

Offline Lethean

« Reply #421 on: June 29, 2018, 08:54:46 AM »
The alleged situation with Maynard and you being afraid of not going to Dallas because you'll get fired are two totally different things.  "Freezing" is a response to a traumatic event, like fight or flight - I believe it's now fight, flight, or freeze.  It's not necessarily something that the victim always has control over.  So while Jammin's advice isn't bad at all - we should encourage people to speak up, scream, etc, if there's any chance that encouragement will help them when the occasion calls for it - there might be a scientific/biological reason why the person doesn't/can't.

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #422 on: June 29, 2018, 09:53:24 AM »
"Freezing" is a response to a traumatic event, like fight or flight - I believe it's now fight, flight, or freeze.  It's not necessarily something that the victim always has control over.  So while Jammin's advice isn't bad at all - we should encourage people to speak up, scream, etc, if there's any chance that encouragement will help them when the occasion calls for it - there might be a scientific/biological reason why the person doesn't/can't.

Totally this, totally agree.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #423 on: June 29, 2018, 11:05:01 AM »
Looks like this was just a bunch of trolling:

Besides the suspicious fact that those two accounts were created within an hour of each other, there was a thread on The Imageboard That Shall Not Be Named in which some dude hinted that he created the account accusing Reznor ("Trent is next, isn't he?") and therefore probably the one about Maynard too. Also, some publications reached out to the Maynard accuser for a comment, but none of them got a response.

But even if Maynard is innocent, the whole deal with the graphic backstage passes, bringing in a whole harem and then only banging a few of them, and attempting to invite girls backstage despite them clearly being with their boyfriends is really skeevy IMO.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #424 on: June 29, 2018, 01:40:35 PM »
The alleged situation with Maynard and you being afraid of not going to Dallas because you'll get fired are two totally different things.  "Freezing" is a response to a traumatic event, like fight or flight - I believe it's now fight, flight, or freeze.  It's not necessarily something that the victim always has control over.  So while Jammin's advice isn't bad at all - we should encourage people to speak up, scream, etc, if there's any chance that encouragement will help them when the occasion calls for it - there might be a scientific/biological reason why the person doesn't/can't.

I don't think we're talking about the same thing.  I'm not talking about the physical fear of being violently assaulted physically and sexually.  I'm talking about the after-the-fact, "oh I felt scared" scenario where you COULD have physically left, but perhaps you didn't like the potential consequences of doing so. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #425 on: June 29, 2018, 01:41:42 PM »
Looks like this was just a bunch of trolling:

Besides the suspicious fact that those two accounts were created within an hour of each other, there was a thread on The Imageboard That Shall Not Be Named in which some dude hinted that he created the account accusing Reznor ("Trent is next, isn't he?") and therefore probably the one about Maynard too. Also, some publications reached out to the Maynard accuser for a comment, but none of them got a response.

But even if Maynard is innocent, the whole deal with the graphic backstage passes, bringing in a whole harem and then only banging a few of them, and attempting to invite girls backstage despite them clearly being with their boyfriends is really skeevy IMO.

It's skeevy, but it's not illegal.   That was my point above.  If the "boyfriend" thing really mattered, the girl wouldn't go, it's that simple.   Women are consenting adults; if they want to cheat on their boyfriends, that's their decision - and their decision alone - to make.   

Offline Lethean

« Reply #426 on: June 29, 2018, 02:15:48 PM »

I don't think we're talking about the same thing.  I'm not talking about the physical fear of being violently assaulted physically and sexually.  I'm talking about the after-the-fact, "oh I felt scared" scenario where you COULD have physically left, but perhaps you didn't like the potential consequences of doing so.

Those are 2 different things, but what I got from the tweets is that it was the physical fear for her - assuming, of course, that this is true and not trolling as ? suggests.  It wasn't "I thought he wouldn't like me so I went with it."  Speaking more broadly - if it's the latter - "fear" that your favorite singer won't like you or wouldn't let you backstage again or something like that, then no, I don't think anything illegal was done.  However, if it's a situation where you're an employee and it's "sleep with me or you're fired" - that's also a totally different situation than "go to Dallas to do your actual job or you're fired."  Travel is part of a lot of jobs.  Sleeping with a superior isn't. 

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #428 on: July 16, 2018, 11:25:46 AM »
Thats the best thing to ever happen. Haha...
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #429 on: July 17, 2018, 04:08:09 AM »
Almost spilled my coffee there.  :loser:
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #430 on: September 11, 2018, 11:14:08 AM »

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #431 on: September 11, 2018, 04:00:37 PM »
yeah right

still excited though
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #432 on: September 12, 2018, 08:08:07 PM »
yeah right

still excited though

At this point it's like all those groups who "know" which year the world will end.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #433 on: September 12, 2018, 09:44:03 PM »
For real though. :lol

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #434 on: October 23, 2018, 07:47:17 AM »
This is awesome. THIS. IS. AWE. SOOOOOOOME

I have the biggest exam of the year 20 days later but I'm still going to Vienna.

YES

TOOL EUROPE TOUR 2019
SUNDAY, JUNE 2 @ MERCEDES-BENZ ARENA – BERLIN, GERMANY
ON SALE FRIDAY, OCT. 26 (9 am local)
https://www.livenation.de/arti...
TUESDAY, JUNE 4 @ O2 ARENA – PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
ON SALE FRIDAY, OCT, 26 (9am local)
https://www.livenation.cz/arti...
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 5 @ WIENER STADHALLE – VIENNA, AUSTRIA
ON SALE FRIDAY, OCT. 26 (9 am local)
https://www.livenation.de/arti...
FRIDAY, JUNE 7 @ ROCK AM RING FESTIVAL – NURBURG, GERMANY
(ALREADY ON SALE)
https://www.rock-am-ring.com/t...
SUNDAY, JUNE 9 @ ROCK IM PARK FESTIVAL – NUREMBERG, GERMANY
(ALREADY ON SALE)
https://www.rock-im-park.com/t...
TUESDAY, JUNE 11 @ IMPACT FESIVAL – TAURON ARENA – KRAKOW, POLAND
ON SALE FRIDAY, OCT. 26 (10:00 am local)
https://www.livenation.pl/arti...
THURSDAY, JUNE 13 @ FIRENZE ROCKS FESTIVAL – FLORENCE, ITALY
ON SALE FRIDAY, OCT 26 (11:00 local)
https://firenzerocks.it/tickets
SUNDAY, JUNE 16 @ DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL – DONINGTON, UK
ON SALE THURSDAY, OCT. 25 (7 pm local)
https://downloadfestival.co.uk...
TUESDAY, JUNE 18 @ ZIGGO DOME – AMSTERDAM, HOLLAND
ON SALE THURSDAY, OCT. 25 (10:00 local)
https://www.livenation.nl/arti...
THURSDAY, JUNE 20 @ COPENHELL FESTIVAL – COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
ON SALE THURSAY, OCT 25 (10:00 am local)
https://www.copenhell.dk
https://www.ticketmaster.dk/fe...
TUESDAY, JUNE 25 @ HALLENSTADION – ZURICH, SWITZERLAND
ON SALE FRIDAY, OCT. 26 (9am local)
https://www.ticketmaster.ch/ar...
SUNDAY, JUNE 30 @ DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL SPAIN – MADRID, SPAIN
ON SALE TUESDAY, OCT. 23 (5pm local)
https://downloadfestival.es/es...
TUESDAY, JULY 2 @ ALTICE ARENA – LISBON, PORTUGAL
ON SALE THURSDAY, OCT. 25 (10:00 local)
https://downloadfestival.es/es...

Offline hauswife

« Reply #435 on: October 25, 2018, 03:43:17 AM »
Hey, my dad wanted to buy two tickets for the amsterdam show, but we cant pay at the ticketmaster website ?! dont know why.
do you have the same problem?
now we are searching for two tickets

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #436 on: October 25, 2018, 04:05:54 AM »
Hey, my dad wanted to buy two tickets for the amsterdam show, but we cant pay at the ticketmaster website ?! dont know why.
do you have the same problem?
now we are searching for two tickets

It looks like that concert is already sold out  :omg:

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #437 on: October 25, 2018, 04:11:34 AM »
Amsterdam gig was sold out within 30 seconds
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline hauswife

« Reply #438 on: October 25, 2018, 04:14:13 AM »
Yeah I know. He had two tickets but couldnt pay because the system required a Pin with 5 numbers but we only have 4 numbers ?!?! Because of that he couldnt buy them. Im really disappointed!!!!!!! Edit: Seems like the system was changed this year from 4 to 5 numbers. but you have to change that by your own. didnt know that :(:(:(:(

Now were searching for two tickets :D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 04:35:03 AM by hauswife »

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #439 on: October 25, 2018, 06:38:04 AM »
Yeah I know. He had two tickets but couldnt pay because the system required a Pin with 5 numbers but we only have 4 numbers ?!?! Because of that he couldnt buy them. Im really disappointed!!!!!!! Edit: Seems like the system was changed this year from 4 to 5 numbers. but you have to change that by your own. didnt know that :(:(:(:(

Now were searching for two tickets :D

I don't know if it's legal to post this here (if not, please admin remove this post), but in my experience, a lot of tickets will be sold on eBay a while after a concert is sold out. Seems like a very obvious information, but I actually found some tickets (for good prices too!) a bunch of times there.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #440 on: October 26, 2018, 01:34:21 AM »
Ok I just tried to order tickets for Tool for Vienna AND Berlin. The second the clock went to 9:00, I refreshed the page and clicked on standing tickets for Berlin AND THEY WERE ALREADY SOLD OUT!!!!!
I immediately went to my (already open) Vienna tab and refreshed it and there were still some standing tickets and I got 2  ;D
Only problem is, my friend really wanted to go to Berlin because it's a Sunday and Vienna is in the middle of the week (and a 5 hs drive for him). So now I have two tickets for Vienna and no one to go there with ( :'( ) and no tickets for Berlin where I would have someone to go with... Well, June is still a few months ahead so maybe things will clear up a little or I find a friend who wants to go after all.

But I'm so happy that I will see Tool!  :metal

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #441 on: December 15, 2018, 07:11:24 PM »
https://youtu.be/P0YXI14yLg0

This just popped in my Youtube recommended videos.  I know that the band likes to troll its fans sometimes, but if a new album is on the horizon...  :hat
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #442 on: December 15, 2018, 07:49:59 PM »
https://youtu.be/P0YXI14yLg0

This just popped in my Youtube recommended videos.  I know that the band likes to troll its fans sometimes, but if a new album is on the horizon...  :hat

A comment under the video made me laugh until I realized that it also applied to me as well.

I was in my 20's when the last album came out. I'm in my 40's now.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline jammindude

« Reply #443 on: December 15, 2018, 11:04:01 PM »
I just want to say this. 

Unlike the GnR album everyone waited for and didn't care about...I really think this album *IS* going to be an album that people will flock to and buy.    And while I'm not thinking it will be the equal of Lateralus, I think it will at least be worthy of bearing the Tool name.   With their attention to detail, I just don't see this being a "bad" album.     The worst it could possibly be is the equal of 10,000 Days, and that wouldn't be a bad thing.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #444 on: December 17, 2018, 03:31:09 PM »
I knew I would be displeased by the Axl Rose solo record trying to be a Guns n Roses record, and I was. In retrospect, it just doesn't have an evenness in terms of style of what it wants to be. As a result, A few good songs, and a lot of "eh."

TOOL on the other hand - same dudes. Same process. I expect a lot. Sure Lateralus level is hard to expect, but I do expect something of absolutely stellar quality. And I think they'll deliver.

And yeah, I was barely still in my 20s when 10,000 was released. and I'm in my early 40s now. Crazy to think about it that way.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #445 on: December 17, 2018, 03:50:06 PM »
I was in high school when 10,000 days came out.

Since then I am now post 1 bachelors degree, 1 doctorate degree, 10 years of college total and almost 2 years of working career, 1 failed long term relationship and one failed engagement to a fiancé that never made it to marriage. (thank god) 

So yeah, its been a while. Whoever's still alive when the next next album comes out, just chuck it on my grave, lol.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #446 on: January 04, 2019, 04:31:15 PM »
Vocals for new Tool album are done.

https://twitter.com/mjkeenan/status/1081207270342447105

@mjkeenan
Update- Final vocals tracked MONTHS ago. Then U.S.-UK-Euro run w #APC. If Tool all inst are tracked, long process of Mixing now. Meanwhile write/film/track w @puscifer for #puscifer2020 & troll the band FBs with wine posts. #funnyshit #whileyouwerewhiningiwasworking

9:14 AM - 4 Jan 2019

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #447 on: January 04, 2019, 06:17:33 PM »

@mjkeenan
Update- Final vocals tracked MONTHS ago. Then U.S.-UK-Euro run w #APC. If Tool all inst are tracked, long process of Mixing now. Meanwhile write/film/track w @puscifer for #puscifer2020 & troll the band FBs with wine posts. #funnyshit #whileyouwerewhiningiwasworking

I call BS on the vocals being "tracked months ago"
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #448 on: January 05, 2019, 02:58:01 AM »

@mjkeenan

I call BS on the vocals being "tracked months ago"

Same. Didn't MJK say he wanted the other guys to finish their tracking finally so he can begin his work?
I think that was not THAT long ago...

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #449 on: January 05, 2019, 09:29:42 AM »
I'm guessing mixing will take another 5 yeard, mastering another 5.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #450 on: January 27, 2019, 08:21:05 AM »
"Yeah, it should be out mid-April," the drummer replied, adding, "That's the plan anyway."

http://loudwire.com/tool-new-album-april-2019-release/?fbclid=IwAR1i2qFOYcu__pQbkhbfxQKZH_Ege0XmDZpUvVyNxOVKKzbRF07fizS-4jA

Offline Fritzinger

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #452 on: February 08, 2019, 12:49:48 PM »
and it goes on:

Update- Midway through mixing. Most likely be a few recalls. Then some arguing. Then Mastering, Artwork, Video, Special Packaging, etc. Best Ballpark Guess- Release date somewhere between Mid May and Mid July. More focused updates to follow as we progress.

https://twitter.com/mjkeenan/status/1093896093346127872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1093896093346127872&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdc101.iheart.com%2Fcontent%2F2019-02-08-new-tool-album-will-be-out-mid-may-to-mid-july-says-maynard-james-keenan%2F
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #453 on: February 08, 2019, 01:00:01 PM »
I don't understand how this guys can be so good while at the same time having so many problems to put together a record.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline jammindude

« Reply #454 on: February 08, 2019, 01:03:56 PM »
 Hey, at least we are getting some updates. Unlike the years of silence. LOL

The updates at least give me hope that it is ACTUALLY happening.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude