Author Topic: TOOL : Still No Album. V Who Gives A Crap?!  (Read 18194 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• Do a nice one for grandma
Re: TOOL : Still No Album. V Who Gives A Crap?!
« Reply #385 on: April 19, 2018, 02:35:34 PM »
Hey guys, I thought this was the best place to post this. There's a new album called Legend of the Seagullmen that includes Danny Carey and Brent Hinds from Mastodon. I listened to it the other day and it's interesting. Thought some of you might want to check it out.

I spaced this out. Didn't know it was out already.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

I Love You...Poppin Fresh

Offline jammindude

• The Jammin Dude Show
« Reply #386 on: April 26, 2018, 09:00:54 PM »
THE WAIT IS OVER!!!!!

No date yet.....and this is not a full song, heck it's really only a teaser....but THERE IS NEW MUSIC FROM TOOL!!!!!!

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/04/tool-debut-new-music-in-tour-promo-video/
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - http://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Puppies_On_Acid

• MP.com Refugee
« Reply #387 on: April 26, 2018, 10:13:35 PM »
THE WAIT IS OVER!!!!!

No date yet.....and this is not a full song, heck it's really only a teaser....but THERE IS NEW MUSIC FROM TOOL!!!!!!

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/04/tool-debut-new-music-in-tour-promo-video/
I wouldn't call this new music. This song has been floating around for a few years now. They've been playing it in concert. And something tells me this won't be on the new album either.

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #388 on: April 27, 2018, 10:35:28 AM »
I hope that's not on the album, cause that sounds like them just dicking around. That doesn't sound like a song that took years to meticulously put together.
Live to ride

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Inventory!
    • Overhaul
« Reply #389 on: April 27, 2018, 10:55:04 AM »
Yup to both
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #390 on: April 27, 2018, 12:03:14 PM »
I was gonna say...pretty sure I'd heard that before.

Them releasing that as a teaser does not bode well for my non-existent expectations.  :lol

"Here is a song we've been playing live and have had in the works for a while but are now releasing as a teaser because we have nothing else" is what that says to me. Why...would you release a song you've played more than a few times and that has been in the media already for an album that has only gotten *Insert Semi Famous Person* says new Tool album is "totally radtacular". Seems, at the very least, a poor choice; at worst, speaks to their lack of faith in their own work (or lack thereof). I'd think they'd want to release snippits of a the album itself...like most bands do when a new album is in the works.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"

Offline jammindude

• The Jammin Dude Show
« Reply #391 on: April 27, 2018, 12:17:57 PM »
 I guess Iím late to the party. I had not heard this song. But the other glimmer of hope I got from that article is that Maynard has actually written the lyrics and the melodies. So now itís just a matter of properly recording the demos and recording the vocals. At this point, I do sincerely believe that we will have a new Tool album within the year.

Online goo-goo

« Reply #392 on: April 27, 2018, 12:36:08 PM »
I guess Iím late to the party. I had not heard this song. But the other glimmer of hope I got from that article is that Maynard has actually written the lyrics and the melodies. So now itís just a matter of properly recording the demos and recording the vocals. At this point, I do sincerely believe that we will have a new Tool album within the year.

They could possibly wrap up the recording before they head out for that clinic tour they are doing.
"There's no way in hell that John Petrucci's gonna do something that sucks.  It just doesn't happen." - Jordan Rudess

Offline Puppies_On_Acid

• MP.com Refugee
« Reply #393 on: April 27, 2018, 03:28:32 PM »
The problem with that is he has said things like this before over the last 3 or 4 years...

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #394 on: April 27, 2018, 07:24:40 PM »
I canít recall anything remotely as concrete as whatís been coming out recently confirming that they are actually in the studio recording the new album. I therefore choose to be optimistic and would take Tool ďdicking aroundĒ with MJKís incredible vocals over the top of it above most bands I listen to.

The new A Perfect Circle album is not perfect but the joy of hearing MJK sing for the first time in so many years (Iíve never really tried Puscifer) makes it eminently listenable to me. Tool will be another level again.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #395 on: May 14, 2018, 09:18:41 AM »
Every track will be at least 10 minutes?? So either there will only be 6 or 7 tracks, or itíll be a double album!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tool-members-hold-their-first-music-clinic/

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #396 on: May 14, 2018, 08:55:07 PM »
I really wish I could attend one of these clinics, and I really don't want my heart broken, I want this album to come out soon.

Offline Parama

• Six Roaming Owls
  • Official Fanclub President
« Reply #397 on: May 14, 2018, 09:01:08 PM »
Every track will be at least 10 minutes?? So either there will only be 6 or 7 tracks, or itíll be a double album!

reminds me of that rumor a few years back that said every track would be over 20 minutes and it'd be double album :V

not holding my breath

Offline Puppies_On_Acid

• MP.com Refugee
« Reply #398 on: May 14, 2018, 09:06:10 PM »

All I see in this article is the last line. "will arrive either later in 2018 or early next year." So basically never... ::)

Offline RoeDent

And you may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #400 on: May 17, 2018, 02:44:56 PM »
https://www.loudersound.com/news/maynard-calls-on-tool-bandmates-to-finish-new-album

This band are an absolute joke...

I saw that this morning. Any minimal amount of hope we had should vanish now
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2018
« Reply #401 on: May 17, 2018, 07:40:29 PM »
I didnít really think it had any impact on my thinking towards release. It seemed more lighthearted. Dannyís parts are already done I thought?
"Keep your stick on the ice. I'm pulling for ya. Remember we're all in this together."
-Red Green

Offline Puppies_On_Acid

• MP.com Refugee
« Reply #402 on: May 17, 2018, 07:50:30 PM »
I didnít really think it had any impact on my thinking towards release. It seemed more lighthearted. Dannyís parts are already done I thought?
They've said stuff like this many times before though....

Offline jammindude

• The Jammin Dude Show
« Reply #403 on: May 17, 2018, 08:26:03 PM »
I agree that it seemed like more of a lighthearted jab.   I know it's been frustrating, and I know they are taking too long....but I do believe that they are really where they say they are in the process.   They had to get through some stuff, and now they are through it, and they are at the next phase.   

I still think it might take another year or two (which is still longer than it should be) but I honestly believe it's coming.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2018
« Reply #404 on: May 17, 2018, 08:32:44 PM »
The one thing I do think is that waiting this long to release a new album and with so many false starts, it does do them a sort of disservice, and I think Maynard has hinted at this. Theyíre pushing themselves to create a masterpiece or second guessing themselves and in the end people lose interest. Theyíll always draw a crowd with their shows, itís one of the best Iíve seen, but Iím not expecting anything groundbreaking or something theyíll be remembered foróI feel like they already hit that peak awhile ago.

Or maybe theyíll release a new album and teenagers will think itís some new group and the music will speak to them and draw in a whole new fan base.
"Keep your stick on the ice. I'm pulling for ya. Remember we're all in this together."
-Red Green

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
« Reply #405 on: May 17, 2018, 10:28:50 PM »
Adam has posted a few pics from the studio on his Instagram. It does seem from them that Danny's stuff is done. Last I read somewhere, Justin was next followed by Adam and then Maynard.

He's got a pic of Danny recording drums and a pic of Danny and Joe in front of a board 'dialing in the drums'.

I'm being less pessimistic and saying it is finally progressing.

That Maynard thing absolutely looks like Maynard being Maynard and poking the bear for fun.
"It is I - Turkey Volume Guessing Man!" - Crow from MST3K
"Military Intelligence - Two Words Combined That Can't Make Sense." - Hangar 18

Offline SoundscapeMN

• allmediareviews

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #407 on: June 12, 2018, 07:58:29 PM »
See some new music as in a 10 second clip on youtube :lol

If it comes out, I look forward to listening to it.

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #408 on: June 12, 2018, 08:26:45 PM »
He said "see" new music, but he didn't say "hear" knew music. Nice try Maynard...
Live to ride

Offline MinistroRaven

• LotsOfMuzik
« Reply #409 on: June 13, 2018, 08:59:29 PM »
I wish they stop posting things, and just release the danm thing already