Author Topic: The Official Rhapsody Of Fire Thread!!  (Read 5534 times)

Offline gazinwales

Re: The Official Rhapsody Of Fire Thread!!
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2018, 06:27:50 PM »
Bumping this thread, just got the re-issues of Luca Turilli's first 2 solo albums, which I always thought were underrated.
Both are great albums, slightly less cheese and certainly less bombastic than Rhapsody and also of course a different singer, with no accent.

Online Kattelox

• Cart Corral Crusader
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2018, 06:31:31 PM »
Bumping this thread, just got the re-issues of Luca Turilli's first 2 solo albums, which I always thought were underrated.
Both are great albums, slightly less cheese and certainly less bombastic than Rhapsody and also of course a different singer, with no accent.

Funny you say that, because I think they're actually cheesier and (at times) just as bombastic as Rhapsody. Great stuff all around though. I love Olaf Hayer's voice.
RYM || Last.FM
"No Christ, God, nor religion gave me the answers I was looking for" - Timo Tolkki

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2018, 06:38:18 PM »

There's a song called Ancient Forest of Elves.

I love his albums (minus the third one) but they are pure cheese.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Kattelox

• Cart Corral Crusader
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2018, 06:42:36 PM »
Thanks for reminding me... Dragonforce ripped off Ancient Forest of Elves' verse vocal melody for its verse melody in The Last Journey Home.
RYM || Last.FM
"No Christ, God, nor religion gave me the answers I was looking for" - Timo Tolkki

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2018, 10:08:50 PM »
From the first notes from the debut Rhapsody album back in 1997 I was in love.
I love the cheese fest and all the over the top song titles and lyrics.

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2018, 10:11:21 PM »

The only huge criticism I have for them is their original narrator(s) before Sir Christopher Lee. The main guy was just.....painful.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2018, 02:33:02 AM »

I couldn't bother with the rest, but Kings of the Nordic Twilight is actually a great album for the genre, full of great and memorable songs. It goes by the book, sure, with all the mandatory kind of songs - the fast opener, the catchy tune, the mid.-tempo, the unforgettable single, the ballad and the big epic, but it works damn fine. And Olaf Hayer is indeed a kickass singer.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2018, 02:34:28 AM »

The only huge criticism I have for them is their original narrator(s) before Sir Christopher Lee. The main guy was just.....painful.

Yeah they struck gold when they got CL, I wonder how they got him and how much he cost?