Author Topic: Can we talk about Tiger King for a sec?  (Read 14743 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Can we talk about Tiger King for a sec?
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2020, 06:47:42 AM »
If my memory is correct, the guy telling the story who saw it happen said Travis said it wasn't loaded, and even if it was empty he still didn't want it pointed at him.

I remember that part, but I thought that was about Travis pointing the gun at the other dude to mess with him. I didn't think he meant in that moment. Again, could be wrong.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2020, 06:50:08 AM »
People didn't like him pointing a gun at them, so he says "its a ruger, it won't fire if the clip isn't in" and then puts it to his head to demonstrate and it goes off.

Guns can still have a round in the chamber after removing the clip and while its true that some models have that clip lock safety that engages when the clip is taken out, his model either didn't or it was not functioning.

Online Adami

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2020, 06:51:55 AM »
People didn't like him pointing a gun at them, so he says "its a ruger, it won't fire if the clip isn't in" and then puts it to his head to demonstrate and it goes off.

Gotcha. That makes sense.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2020, 07:00:54 AM »
Yeah, they made it sound accidental, but from his situation, a public suicide like that wouldn't be too far of a stretch. Being a tweeker puts one notoriously close to batshit insane to begin with, add all the other stuff (especially the three way gay marriage when you're not even gay just to get your fix) and a bullet in the head is a pretty reasonable solution.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2020, 08:04:28 AM »
Man, r/TigerKing is filled with some gems.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2020, 08:10:06 AM »
:clap:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2020, 09:06:44 AM »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2020, 09:07:06 AM »
The memes are delicious

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2020, 10:06:14 AM »
The GoT one.... :lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2020, 01:13:10 PM »
 :rollin :rollin

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2020, 03:36:33 PM »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2020, 05:25:13 PM »
Yeah, the waveracer made my day. That was soo utterly random in the show, but also one of the best parts  :lol

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2020, 06:52:31 PM »
Let's face it, we're all waiting to hear 'Eye of the Tiger' at one point during this series, and this was where they used it.   :lol
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 09:02:24 AM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2020, 07:12:22 PM »
Carol refutes the “sensationalized claims” that she killed her husband. My favourite quote:

“Don was a man who wanted to have sex daily. He would go to Costa Rica during the week I was having my menstrual cycle. I accepted this as something I had to live with.”   :lol

https://bigcatrescue.org/refuting-netflix-tiger-king/?amp

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2020, 08:45:44 PM »
She's out of her god damn mind  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2020, 09:21:45 PM »
Three episodes in, this is some wild, wild stuff. 

Call me crazy, but Carol seems worse than Joe.  He seems like a white trash redneck POS, while she strikes me as a sociopath.  The way she was almost laughing off stuff she did after her husband "disappeared" was f'd up.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2020, 09:25:56 PM »
Wife and I just finished this series because it's fucking everywhere. Decided what the hell the fuss is all about and plugged away. Bat shit fucking insane is probably too timid a description for this series. Like seriously what the fuck did we just watch.

All that time I was watching, I always felt so bad for the animals. I mean I'm not an animal person, don't own any pets but seeing those cubs and those chimps and the handling of those animals just made my heart hurt.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline faizoff

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2020, 09:36:59 PM »
One other thing I'm assuming the documentary makers on purpose played down in the entire show was how much drugs were part of those big cat reserves. I can't imagine those shows or tours or even selling those cubs paid for all the upkeep of the animals, I wondered why they only brought it up towards the end. I guess it would distract from all the bat shit insane things on the show being dismissed as drugs... bad hmmkk.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2020, 09:38:48 PM »
One other thing I'm assuming the documentary makers on purpose played down in the entire show was how much drugs were part of those big cat reserves. I can't imagine those shows or tours or even selling those cubs paid for all the upkeep of the animals, I wondered why they only brought it up towards the end. I guess it would distract from all the bat shit insane things on the show being dismissed as drugs... bad hmmkk.

I was curious about that too, especially since the moment we saw homeboy's mouth, we knew a shit ton of meth was involved somewhere.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2020, 02:42:47 AM »
Been binging this over the last 2 days and only got 1 episode left now and holy crap. Every episode pretty much had a new twist or cliffhanger and the story just kept getting crazier. It's also interesting the way they have structured the episodes where you get 1 piece of the pie with each episode but then you get a whole different side of the story in the next one. Though I kinda figured something had happened to the one husband of Joe because he didn't feature in any of the interviews (though I thought maybe it was a tiger related accident) but it was also interesting to see the 'dark side' of the other characters.

Seeing Joe's journey through this documentary is like seeing a real life Walter White because I think in the first episode or so, he does seem like a fairly genuine nice guy who does have a weird hobby but he likes his tigers and he's a bit quirky but then holy crap does it go off the rails.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2020, 06:36:54 AM »
Totally bonkers. I couldn't believe what I was watching.

I finished the series feeling like every single last one of them should be in jail. It seems like Joe got the shaft, but I'm sure he won't be in there on his own for long.

That final stat of there being up to 10,000 tigers in captivity in US, when there are only 4000 left in the wild, is totally shocking. The whole industry should be heavily regulated or shut down completely.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2020, 03:32:09 PM »
Finished the series today. Wow... Just ... Wow.

Online Adami

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2020, 03:34:14 PM »
Totally bonkers. I couldn't believe what I was watching.

I finished the series feeling like every single last one of them should be in jail. It seems like Joe got the shaft, but I'm sure he won't be in there on his own for long.

That final stat of there being up to 10,000 tigers in captivity in US, when there are only 4000 left in the wild, is totally shocking. The whole industry should be heavily regulated or shut down completely.

Shut down. 100%.

And I agree with Joe being in Jail. Seems like Carol and Jeff should be there too. A few of the others as well, but not most of the works. They're just trying to get by.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2020, 01:54:40 AM »
Even though Joe 100% deserves to be in jail and he got it coming, I couldn't help but feel just a tiny bit bad for the fact that he basically became the fall guy and all these other people got away. Whether it's Jeff or Carole, or that other guy with the hippie zoo who seemed very suspect, it just felt like more people should have ended up in jail.  :lol

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2020, 02:56:47 AM »
And I agree with Joe being in Jail. Seems like Carol and Jeff should be there too. A few of the others as well, but not most of the works. They're just trying to get by.

I think that was the sad thing. Joe was actually providing work for people that may not have had many other options. None of the illegal shenanigans were their fault.

Also, the loyalty of the girl who lost her arm was unbelievable. I thought she would sue them for all she could.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2020, 03:27:55 AM »

I think that was the sad thing. Joe was actually providing work for people that may not have had many other options. None of the illegal shenanigans were their fault.

Also, the loyalty of the girl who lost her arm was unbelievable. I thought she would sue them for all she could.

Maybe I missed something but I felt we didn't really get that much information of how the situation happened when she lost her arm. I mean we got some video from after it happened when ambulance showed up and she told the story of when the doctor told her she could amputate, but I mean more how it happened in the first place. I kinda assumed maybe she did something 'risky' or impulsive and that's why she ended up being loyal and coming back so soon, that it was one of those "you let loose on the rules a bit and get punished" situations. I feel like if she played everything by the book and followed the zoo's protocol and ended up losing her arm and it was all their fault, she probably would have sued. :p

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2020, 06:23:13 AM »
Wife and I just finished this series because it's fucking everywhere. Decided what the hell the fuss is all about and plugged away. Bat shit fucking insane is probably too timid a description for this series. Like seriously what the fuck did we just watch.

All that time I was watching, I always felt so bad for the animals. I mean I'm not an animal person, don't own any pets but seeing those cubs and those chimps and the handling of those animals just made my heart hurt.

This sums up my stance perfectly as well. Watched the whole thing with my girlfriend in just a few nights and it's so completely ridiculous and over-the-top weird, that it keeps you engaged. What a bunch of nut-jobs, all of them.

Even though Joe 100% deserves to be in jail and he got it coming, I couldn't help but feel just a tiny bit bad for the fact that he basically became the fall guy and all these other people got away. Whether it's Jeff or Carole, or that other guy with the hippie zoo who seemed very suspect, it just felt like more people should have ended up in jail.  :lol

Yeah, it really does appear that Joe got screwed here. He's not the smartest guy, you can tell that, but the way they finally got him is sneaky as hell. Paying a hitman to kill Carole? That's not exactly what happened, since the guy who was supposed to actually do it ran off with the money to get the hell out of there (oh, and this dude definitely isn't clean either, but who knows). And then he 'took' the fall, while the others got away. Not saying Joe is innocent, absolutely not, but the way he has to pay for the actions of a bunch of other guys as well doesn't sit well with me. Lots of sneaky bastards going untouched. Anybody got the feeling that James Garretson has shit to hide as well?

I did feel bad for most of the workers, especially Eric, who clearly had a big heart for all the animals, and John Reinke, who might just be the most sympathetic guy on there.

And this Jeff Lowe character ... holy crap. Everything about him makes you want to punch him in the face. What a complete douchebag with his twisted view on reality. Absolutely ridiculous how he treats other people.

Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2020, 06:44:21 AM »
I am at a complete loss how Jeff, Doc, and Joe seem to just draw sexual partners to themselves. Heck even Carole draws in volunteers like crazy rather than sexual partners. I have no idea how the guys (who are not attractive and seem to have very odd or off-putting personalities) manage to do that. I get there's almost a cultish sort of thing going on with these places, but it just makes no sense to me. Part of it is the illusion of wealth for Jeff, which will draw a certain type of woman... but still...

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2020, 06:49:54 AM »
Joe lures drug addicts
Doc takes in insecure women and promises them lots of cool stuff
Jeff is this typical asshole that some women fall for
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2020, 07:23:32 AM »
Joe lures drug addicts

Carol killed her husband for his money then married a push over she could manipulate. Plus, she's a medium fry short of a value meal.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2020, 07:37:03 AM »
This pic said it all when it comes to Carol Baskin

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2020, 07:50:31 AM »
Don't knock it; I was there of my own free will.

;)

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2020, 08:06:55 AM »
Joe lures drug addicts

Carol killed her husband for his money then married a push over she could manipulate. Plus, she's a medium fry short of a value meal.

It's amazing how the guy that Scarface was based off of seemed to be the most normal of the bunch.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2020, 08:29:21 AM »
Joe lures drug addicts

It's amazing how the guy that Scarface was based off of seemed to be the most normal of the bunch.

:lol  No kidding. I mean, when you cut past just how odd and unbelievable this whole saga is.....at the root of it all it's just sad. We all feel for those poor animals as we should but I also can't help but think that what we watched was actual reality for those people. It's crazy
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2020, 08:34:04 AM »
I keep forgetting about the scarface guy since he seemed like the most normal in comparison  :lol