Author Topic: Can we talk about Tiger King for a sec?  (Read 14750 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Can we talk about Tiger King for a sec?
« on: March 27, 2020, 07:26:03 AM »
Has anyone else watched this limited series yet?

What in the hell did I just watch?

That was some serious entertainment.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Can we talk about Tiger King for a sec?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 07:26:55 AM »
Best show ever  :metal

Its utterly mental  :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 09:11:57 AM »
It’s literally unreal. I don’t know how many times I said to my wife “This can’t be real?”
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 09:27:27 AM »
Watched the first episode this morning, saving the rest for after my weekend move.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 09:27:58 AM »
After years of telling my friends how much I love cats and big cats and how much I'd love if it I could live with a gigantic cat if it were guaranteed to never harm me, they've been insisting I watch this. This isn't the one that's got all that really f'ed up violence I heard about a month or so ago is it? 'cause as a cat lover I'm not watching that.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 09:40:52 AM »
After years of telling my friends how much I love cats and big cats and how much I'd love if it I could live with a gigantic cat if it were guaranteed to never harm me, they've been insisting I watch this. This isn't the one that's got all that really f'ed up violence I heard about a month or so ago is it? 'cause as a cat lover I'm not watching that.

There is little to no harm to animals being shown (you might have different opinions about their enclosures).

My mom can't watch stuff with animals being tortured, but she got through this. I'll give you the disclaimer I gave her. I wouldn't count these as spoilers.

- You see chunks of already butchered cows being dragged to cages for feeding time.
- You will see a photo of three women holding dead rabbits with the fur still on them (killed for tiger food)
- At one point, a dead and buried tiger is being excavated and you kind of see part of its paw (I think) sticking out of a dirt wall.
- At one point, a gun is pulled on a tiger in self defense - the tiger does not get shot.

Those were the only things I could think to warn my mother about. There's honestly very little (virtually none) content that's hard to stomach

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 09:42:38 AM »
It’s literally unreal. I don’t know how many times I said to my wife “This can’t be real?”

:lol :lol I turned to the person next to me and said "Are you sure this isn't one of those reality shows like Amish Mafia?"

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 10:29:56 AM »
Oh okay, that stuff I can handle easily. I'll check it out.

"Don't F*** with Cats" is apparently the one I was being told about.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2020, 06:15:02 AM »
I'm on episode 5 of 7.

I have watched a crap load of Netflix and this may be the best show they've ever done.

Exotic animals, love triangles, murder, maulings, intrigue, politics, the justice system, betrayal, back stabbings, double crosses, polygamy, cults, cult of personality, egomania, narcissism, greed, drug deals, exploitation. My god  :lol

Its a must watch
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 06:21:20 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2020, 07:56:58 AM »
Yeah, I was planning on starting it today, but I was on the phone with a friend last night who said pretty much the same thing. Every time she brought up a new piece of info, I was like, wait what? This sounds like the best thing ever  :lol So right after that I went through the first episode and part of the second, and I'm about to start the third now. Definitely one of the most insane/entertaining things I've watched in a long time. Love this.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2020, 09:48:39 AM »
It’s like these people live in a whole other universe. Just insane.  :lol

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2020, 10:19:51 AM »
Saw 3 episodes.

WHAT THE HELL BRO?!?!

Will finish today. Good lord.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2020, 10:51:25 AM »
I think it's episode 4 where it just really hits the fan. I'm almost on the last episode already. This is so freaking wild  :rollin

Offline Adami

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2020, 11:08:58 AM »
I think it's episode 4 where it just really hits the fan. I'm almost on the last episode already. This is so freaking wild  :rollin

Parts of episode 4. Specifically the breeding and selling really was hard for me to watch.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2020, 12:38:05 PM »
Just finished this. Every episode kept getting better. It's crazy that the drug dealer seemed like the most normal guy on the show.

Spoilers:

I legit felt bad for the cats and the employees and Joe's place at the end. They seemed to really love the zoo and really love the cats.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2020, 03:43:03 PM »
They were making ridiculous amount of money daily with the Mall tours, they could have stick to that and live forever rich

Offline Adami

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2020, 03:44:55 PM »
They were making ridiculous amount of money daily with the Mall tours, they could have stick to that and live forever rich

That was weird. It looks like Joe kept basically most of the money or it all went back into the zoo? Cause most of those employees said they had to eat that rotten meat off the WalMart truck because they were being paid so little. Yet he was buying his husbands trucks and stuff.

So I doubt the employees could've lived off any of it, but Joe could have easily. In fact, if he had scaled back he would've done even better.

Still strongly...STRONGLY...disagree with the entire business of keeping these kinds of animals in captivity.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2020, 05:43:32 PM »
I disagree with keeping animals like that as well. I think he really went off the rails with the whole presidential and governor campaign.

What did you guys think of Carol? Do you guys think she had anything to do with her husbands disappearance?

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2020, 06:16:50 PM »
I disagree with keeping animals like that as well. I think he really went off the rails with the whole presidential and governor campaign.

What did you guys think of Carol? Do you guys think she had anything to do with her husbands disappearance?

No fucking doubt. That disappearing was super strange, and the husband telling everyone that he was in fear for his life was very telling, and one day he just vanished having many plans in Costa Rica, and a lot of money. Carol is a bitch.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2020, 07:09:57 PM »

She killed him as far as I'm concerned. And not only a murderer, but a complete and total hypocrite. She goes after other people for doing exactly what she is doing, and acts all self righteous while doing it.  :tdwn

Offline Adami

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2020, 07:15:50 PM »
Yea, the big difference between Carol and Joe was that Carol was much much smarter and had WAY more money.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2020, 08:03:08 PM »
Damn, just reading these replies makes me want to go back and watch it again :lol

Offline romdrums

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2020, 10:46:39 PM »
Two episodes in. This is the best cat fight I have ever seen.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2020, 07:05:53 AM »
My family and I watched the whole thing on Saturday.

Glorious, glorious, glorious.

Hopefully Dream Theater does a cover of "I Saw a Tiger" during this extended coronavirus break.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2020, 08:16:18 AM »

If by 'anything to do' you mean....have him killed......then yes. She most certainly did. Had he just ran away they'd have found the dude.

One thing that sticks out to me from the series is just how inept Law Enforcement is. Carol kills her husband and then re-drafts a Will....Joe burns down a studio.....constantly threatens Carol online.....just non stop stuff and the police are just like.........whatev's.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Adami

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2020, 03:48:10 PM »
David Spade has been interviewing random people from Tiger King on youtube. Interesting stuff, if you're interested.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2020, 04:19:53 PM »

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2020, 06:21:43 PM »
We couldn't resist, so we watched two episodes Saturday.  Last night at 9pm, we sat down to watch two more.  It was so mesmerizing, that somehow us ol' farts watched the remaining five.  This and 'McMillion$' were done so well, with little to no filler. 

Did some googling, and found out Joe was in an automobile accident in 2018 (thus the never explained brace and crutch).

For your reading entertainment,  https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/joe-exotic-a-dark-journey-into-the-world-of-a-man-gone-wild/

I felt for the three ex employees who had their hearts ripped out of them (figuratively, not literally ;)).  Almost all of the rest in all of the other camps were the most despicable people you'd want to run into.  If someone wrote a Hollywood script of this, anyone in their right mind would have dismissed it as phony.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Adami

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2020, 06:31:33 PM »
On a positive note, it seems that John Finlay has gotten a full mouth of teeth implants. Dude looks almost respectable now.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2020, 05:42:34 AM »
Two episodes in. I see what all the fuss is about. What a bizarre world we live in.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2020, 05:58:44 AM »
Spoilers for one of the later episodes, 5 I think? What was actually the single most shocking event of the series for me... SPOILERS

... was Travis accidentally shooting himself in the head, and the live reaction of the guy watching because it was caught on video. Holy s&$!.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2020, 06:24:01 AM »
Yea I couldn't believe that was caught on camera.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2020, 06:29:20 AM »
I couldn't believe when he shot himself.

Totally wasn't expecting that, but he was playing around with guns all day everyday so I guess it was only a matter of time before someone got hurt  :P

Offline Adami

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2020, 06:30:31 AM »
Was it an accident? Maybe I missed that part. I thought it was intentional.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2020, 06:33:27 AM »
If my memory is correct, the guy telling the story who saw it happen said Travis said it wasn't loaded, and even if it was empty he still didn't want it pointed at him.