Author Topic: Nobody Does it Better cover. AKA 'Spy who Loved me'.  (Read 2042 times)

Offline cosmicwxdude

Nobody Does it Better cover. AKA 'Spy who Loved me'.
« on: April 04, 2020, 08:24:28 PM »
Well, stuck at home but have new tools and toys for my home studio and put this cover song 'Nobody does it Better' together as practice on the new systems. Originally sung by Carly Simon of course and I'm male, so well...there's that!  But I've always loved the song and tried to stretch myself/singing range and see if I could do at least  a semi-respectable version.  So I just made a little honorary/show of respect, type of video with a montage of imagery depicting the first responder's, front of the line types for the covid 19 etc as a backdrop to the song.. I felt the song's lyrics were mostly relevant.  :hat   

Anyways, if you're bored have a watch/listen if you care.

Thanks as always. Rock on!! :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpyCvI6dw9c&feature=youtu.be

Offline Architeuthis

Re: Nobody Does it Better cover. AKA 'Spy who Loved me'.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 12:30:30 PM »
Nice job!   :tup
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 07:30:31 AM »
(This is a full-on compliment):   You really captured the plaintive vibe of the original, which is the part I loved best (it's one of my favorite songs ever).   It wasn't the typical love song; there was an air of wistfulness that Carly really was (is?) good at, and you got that.  Nice job. 

Offline cosmicwxdude

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 04:27:51 PM »
Stadler,

I really appreciate it.  I just kinda learned the song then recorded it for the hell of it.  The intro was a bit off time but I caught it quick as we got going ;-).   Thanks again!