Poll

Please vote for the song that you'd like to see win this match

Blackened
15 (83.3%)
...And Justice For All
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: March 20, 2020, 06:06:37 AM

Author Topic: Metallica the League - Week 12 ...and MotW For All  (Read 552 times)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Metallica the League - Week 12 ...and MotW For All
« on: March 18, 2020, 06:06:37 AM »
Match of the Week

Please vote for the song that you'd like to see win this match.

Blackened vs. ...And Justice For All

48 hours to vote.

Offline MirrorMask

Re: Metallica the League - Week 12 ...and MotW For All
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 06:07:35 AM »
Blackened is the end (and my vote)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 09:20:49 AM »
Blackened...by a good margin.

AJFA is Metallica's ultimate "hey, let's make this song long just for the sake of being long" song.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 11:05:15 AM »
Finally someone that gets it.

Now if you please can explain it to those who granted 11 victories out of 11 to it, making it currently a top 7 song....  :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 12:21:56 PM »
Finally someone that gets it.

Now if you please can explain it to those who granted 11 victories out of 11 to it, making it currently a top 7 song....  :D

Don't take my criticism of the song to mean I don't like it.  I do like it; I just think it would be a lot better if it had been edited a bit.

Also, match-ups matter.  AJFA's 11 wins have come against 8 post-Black Album songs,** 2 Black Album songs, and Harvester of Sorrows.  I think the 8 wins against post-Black Album songs should surprise no one.  I'm not surprised about the other 3 results (I voted for AJFA in all 3 matches), although I am a little surprised by the margins of victory:  Unforgiven (12-8), Nothing Else Matters (10-2), and Harvester (10-5).  A decisive win against NEM is particularly surprising to me.  However, in my opinion, NEM is probably more overrated than AJFA.  For me, the margin between AJFA and Harvester is quite thin.  In any event, with those match-ups, it would have surprised me greatly if AJFA had anything worse than a 10-1 or 9-2 record.

** - The post-Black Album songs are Slither (21-0), Wasting My Hate (15-3), Where the Wild Things Are (13-2), Murder One (13-2), Prince Charming (15-0), Sweet Amber (15-0), All Nightmare Long (12-4), and Judas Kiss (16-1) (combined margin:  120-12).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 01:04:30 PM »
Nothing Else Matters is not overrated, it's a damn fine song; it's over played and over famous. The issue with the song is its saturation, the song itself is quite good.