0 (0%)
Cyril
1 (10%)
Romdrums
0 (0%)
Kevin Moore
9 (90%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: STAY AT HOME - MINI HOME ROULETTE v.2 fiiiinal results my bois! W H O WON?  (Read 22416 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
i've got something for you by the end of the week

edit: sent my homie p

threw this together real quick, typed up short story blurbs real quick, it's real sadboy stuff with like the most objective downer ending i've ever put in a concept EP/album lol but all the songs are really good
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 07:03:51 PM by Cyril »

Offline romdrums

Cool, I'll have something for you by the end of the week. :metal
As long as you have something for me by the end of the week   :biggrin:

;D

I should have something for you within the next day or two, puppies.  I've got the playlist done, just need to come up with a title and a story.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Thanks for having me, shame I couldn't get any further. See you at a random concert whenever we can go again :lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Oh damn forgot this was a pretty short roulette. Welp, thanks for having me :metal

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
dang, this EP i made is really damn good (8.5/25)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
 :corn :corn :corn

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
Still waiting on recieving one more EP before I post the tracklists :D

By the way can I then also include your descriptions?
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
yeah go for it, my story is really funny anyways

whoever you're waiting for should get angry dragoned at this point :P

Offline home

whoever you're waiting for should get angry dragoned at this point :P
They were on time. Good for them, because otherwise... I would listen to their EP on shuffle  ::)

Alright here are the three EPs  ;D

Cyril: Life On A Screen
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0NhPi6aBPlqnIU3ruGoVsK

1. fun. - Be Calm

Story: A man moves to a new town and feels overwhelmed by the stress it and life and general has caused, but tries to tell himself to be calm and he can get through it all.

Music: This is the only remotely happy song on the EP, in my opinion. Savor it. Have loved this one forever.

2. Spanish Love Songs - Losers, Pt. 2

Story: Flashback to before Be Calm. We see why the man had moved; he couldn't afford to live where he used to, and expresses general frustration with life in general. He knows this won't solve his problems but still wishes for a fresh start all the same.

Music: The newest song on this EP, fresh off an album that came out only months ago and I've already quite grown to like. The catchiest depression you'll ever hear. The spotify listing names it wrong btw.

3. PUP - Scorpion Hill

Story: The man tries to survive in the city but things keep taking a turn for the worse - he loses his job and turns to drinking. Ultimately culminating in a friend finding a gun in his house, that only he could have bought. It is implied that at the end he uses this gun on himself...

Music: This song is kind of a modern masterpiece. And depressing as hell. Sorry.

4. My Chemical Romance - Disenchanted

Story: The man, as he lays dying, reflects on his life as if he was watching it from afar, all the hardships and struggles that lead to his final decision, and ruminating on how pointless it all felt, and how nobody will miss him.

Music: Love how anthemic this song is for how gut-wrenchingly sad it is! Woo! This is not a happy EP!

5. The Reticent - Funeral For A Firefly

Story: From the perspective of the man's lover, anguished by his passing, going through the stages of grief in shock.

Music: This is very out of sync with everything else on this EP, almost intentionally. With a bit of a spicy surprise. I won't say anything else.

6. Glass Beach - Orchids

Story: The lover opts to burn the house down with the man's body still inside, believing they may be reunited in heaven, or amongst the stars.

Music: This song has a guitar line that sounds like a reprise of part of Be Calm, which is an unintentional and neat context.  As someone who has played To the Moon I cannot listen to this song without crying also. I've completely changed the context of it to fit the narrative but it basically works. I have no clue why this is 30 seconds longer on spotify than on the album. I think it might put the EP time slightly over 30 minutes but it ends by the 4 minute mark.

Romdrums: Post Cards From The Road[/b]
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4hccGp50QtXfeoDDnie27B?si=pl_vLQSSS5GDlI3lkbcxEA

1. Tides From Nebula - Safehaven

2. Aesthesys - Filis Aureis

3. Solkyri - Sad Boys

4. we.own.the.sky - Youth

5. Aesthesys - Apogeion

This is more of a theme than a story, but these five songs are very cinematic, very visual, and somewhat escapist in nature.  I was listening to each album these songs come from today while working from home, and they helped pull me out of a gray day here in Indiana, which is just what I needed while working from home and feeling like I was being grounded and forced to stay in my room until my work was done.  Not a lot of fun!  Anyway, these songs gave me a feeling of being out in the world, driving the open roads, and getting away from my surroundings.  Hope you dig it!

Tomislav: CreepEP
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3ELEBktpQqYDbsYqssn43A?si=d7d7wzujR3WZbir9CeQBtA

Basically, it's ep with creepy songs, being lyrically or just by feel.

1. Micah P. Hinson - Beneath the Rose
Don't know what it's about but lyrics are definitely creepy and his voice adds to that creepy atmosphere.

2. Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds feat. Kylie Minogue - Where the Wild Roses Grow

This one and next song are off album Murder Ballads and most songs are about murder. Here, protagonist kills a beautiful women when he realizes nothing can't be better than the first day they were together.

3. Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - The Kindness of Strangers

Song about a woman Mary Bellows. I think it's fictional story, she was tortured and murdered in her house. It's interesting, if you didn't lsiten to lyrics, it (until near end) wouldn't seem as awful story.

4. Phoebe Bridgers - Killer
Kind of creepy, don't know what it's really about but it mentions serial killer so it fits 😛

5. Phoebe Bridgers - Funeral
Not so much creepy but really sad and depressing song. It's really great song though, hope it won't make you sad...

6. Low - Lullaby
One of my favorite songs ever and it definitely sounds creepy. It's almost 10 minutes long and slow paced but it's worth every second IMO. Here are all the lyrics:

Cross over and turn
Feel the spot don't let it burn
We all want we all yearn
Be soft don't be stern

Lullaby
Was not supposed to make you cry
I sang the words I meant
I sang

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Re: STAY AT HOME - MINI HOME ROULETTE v.2 EP Reveals! Come and cast a vote!
« Reply #184 on: April 27, 2020, 11:46:25 AM »
haha, i considered phoebe bridgers for my EP too  :lol that felt like cheating though since i already sent better oblivion community center & didn't quite fit the style i was going for anyways

anyways! congrats kevin moore

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Gonna listen to all three of these tomorrow, I know a couple of songs on Cyril's and Tomislav's (I thought everyone and their mother knew Where the Wild Roses Grow, huh), and literally nothing on romdrums' EP, curious about that one.

Also yeah The Reticent is probably going to royally screw up the flow :lol Amazing song though.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2020, 12:40:23 PM »
i don't know what a where the wild roses grow is but i'm banning nick cave from any future roulettes i hold because i just flat do not like his voice and wish people would stop wasting my time sending him to me  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #187 on: April 27, 2020, 06:24:54 PM »
tomi EP review:
those nick cave songs are better than any other nick cave songs i've ever heard
killer still isn't a particularly good phoebe bridgers song, might be one of my least faves on that album, funeral is great tho
lullaby at one point has a melody that sounds like part of billie eilish's you should see me in a crown and now i can't help but imagine a mashup of these two songs that would be completely ill fitting

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #188 on: April 28, 2020, 03:17:51 AM »
Listened to all three EPs:

Cyril's has a nice flow even with The Reticent song. However the general style of the EP (excluding Funeral for a Firefly) isn't quite my thing. Strangely I liked that fun. song more than I did in my first roulette. Still a pleasant listen though, made it to the end and enjoyed some of it.

romdrums has some big balls, sending an instrumental EP like that. Nice enough but the only song I remember is the last one.

Tomi's is good but I knew four songs on it already. Really enjoyed the closing track. Definitely my favourite EP out of three so far.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #189 on: April 28, 2020, 10:21:10 AM »
yeah i haven't listened to romdrums' yet but tomi's is pure homegaze
meanwhile i'm just sending everyone my sad emo kid music now

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #190 on: April 28, 2020, 01:55:48 PM »
romdrum EP: this is basically a post-rock EP i can't really provide an opinion on as none of it really interests me at all lol.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #191 on: April 29, 2020, 05:40:26 AM »
Listened to both and both are bangers. Romdrums' EP is really consistent but samey as is most post-rock for me. Cyril's has Be Calm which is my favorite song since I received it in my roulette :lol and most other songs are great, didn't like the last one that much...
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #192 on: April 30, 2020, 09:54:53 PM »
 :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #193 on: April 30, 2020, 10:17:44 PM »
Congrats, Puppies!

Offline home

Whoops, classes started again (online) so I've been busy. But anyway snippets Sunday evening and results next week  :D

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
 :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn

i'm gonna diiiIIEIEEIIiiiEEEIiiiEeiiieeeii

Offline home

Here's one snippet for every song and one snippet for every EP.  ;D

Song snippets:

1. Love how this song starts kind of cinematic, it's a great way too start the journey of this EP

2. Her voice sounds so gorgeous here; the vocal melodies are more interesting, the sparsely used harmonies great.

3. I have to at least mention the production here, it's bad in a really, really good way: parts of it are flat out noisy and unclear, yet it still breathes and makes for a great listening experience

4. It does take really long to get to the point

5. I like how the mood of this song is immediately more intense than the rest of the songs on this EP - kind of pulls me back in.

6. Dig the positive vibes this song has.

7. While the atmospheric parts sound great, the production on this song is just too flat in the louder sections.

8. Love how this is so high-energy while still portraying a low, depressed mood

9. It lacks both the interesting composition or the more rawer feelings of the songs surrounding it

10. I just love it when harsh vocals are used like this!

11. That last half minute is just heavenly and makes the song

12. Love the vocal melodies, They’re both very enchanting and catchy.

13. Kind of waiting for it to pass, or something interesting to happen but it doesn't…

14. The man and woman's voice together make it feel  kind of like this is a dialogue or a mutual sentiment to me

15. Musically maybe a bit more straightforward than the previous song but the feelings do mostly make up for it.

16. While it has a nice build up and atmospheres it is kind of post-rock by the numbers

17. Probably the best climax on this EP

EP Snippets:

1. While the whole EP felt only just pleasant but passable at the start, it has already grown on me somewhat.

2. This EP is of to a great start, but then you completely lose me in the middle before drawing me back in near the end.

3. Honestly, the only thing that would have made me like the EP more is excluding <song-name>

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Re: STAY AT HOME - MINI HOME ROULETTE v.2 EP Reveals! Match the Snippets!
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2020, 04:06:35 PM »
10 literally can't be anything other than Funeral For A Firefly as it's the only song on any of the three EP's with harsh vocals  :lol

1 could be Be Calm, 8 could be Scorpion Hill. Not so sure on the rest.
14 feels like it could be Funeral For a Firefly if not for the fact that 10 is already Funeral For a Firefly too but I think it's one of the nick cave songs

I'm gonna guess #3 is my EP snippet too.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Actually i'mma play a game

Song snippets:

1. Love how this song starts kind of cinematic, it's a great way too start the journey of this EP
fun. - Be Calm

2. Her voice sounds so gorgeous here; the vocal melodies are more interesting, the sparsely used harmonies great.
Phoebe Bridgers - Funeral

3. I have to at least mention the production here, it's bad in a really, really good way: parts of it are flat out noisy and unclear, yet it still breathes and makes for a great listening experience

4. It does take really long to get to the point

5. I like how the mood of this song is immediately more intense than the rest of the songs on this EP - kind of pulls me back in.
Aethesys - Apogeion

6. Dig the positive vibes this song has.

7. While the atmospheric parts sound great, the production on this song is just too flat in the louder sections.

8. Love how this is so high-energy while still portraying a low, depressed mood
PUP - Scorpion Hill

9. It lacks both the interesting composition or the more rawer feelings of the songs surrounding it

10. I just love it when harsh vocals are used like this!
The Reticent - Funeral For a Firefly

11. That last half minute is just heavenly and makes the song
Micah Henson - Close Your Eyes

12. Love the vocal melodies, They’re both very enchanting and catchy.

13. Kind of waiting for it to pass, or something interesting to happen but it doesn't…

14. The man and woman's voice together make it feel  kind of like this is a dialogue or a mutual sentiment to me
Nick Cave - Where the Wild Roses Go

15. Musically maybe a bit more straightforward than the previous song but the feelings do mostly make up for it.
My Chemical Romance - Disenchanted

16. While it has a nice build up and atmospheres it is kind of post-rock by the numbers
one of romdrums' songs i dunno

17. Probably the best climax on this EP

EP Snippets:

1. While the whole EP felt only just pleasant but passable at the start, it has already grown on me somewhat.
Tomi

2. This EP is of to a great start, but then you completely lose me in the middle before drawing me back in near the end.
Romdrums

3. Honestly, the only thing that would have made me like the EP more is excluding <song-name>

Cyril

i'll try and figure out the rest later :P tell me if i'm wrong, anyways

Offline home

« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2020, 04:41:44 PM »
Not bad at all! Two wrong in the song snippets and two wrong in the EP snippets  :hat

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
EP Snippets:

Romdrums

Tomi

Cyril
hmm  :corn

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #201 on: May 05, 2020, 06:39:37 PM »
welp, i tried  :corn

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2020, 02:52:55 AM »
Results when :corn
I'm pretty confident about you liking my EP, don't disappoint me, man :P
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline romdrums

« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2020, 06:42:04 AM »
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

• DTF.org Member
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2020, 12:01:36 PM »
oh i see what you did there
:splodetard:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2020, 04:23:24 PM »
homedawg where ya at

Offline home

« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2020, 01:03:01 AM »
homedawg where ya at
Buried under a big pile of assignments  :P I'll try to finish it this weekend though  :angel:

Results when :corn
I'm pretty confident about you liking my EP, don't disappoint me, man :P