Author Topic: The Politics Of The Coronavirus  (Read 4739 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
Re: The Politics Of The Coronavirus
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2020, 10:33:25 AM »
I'm not willing to sacrifice someone I love because of the stock market.  I'm just not.  I hope that you aren't willing to do that either.

I addressed this to Chad as well, but felt I owed you a reply too.  If the calculus is "life versus the stock market", I agree.  If the calculus is "balancing the most restrictive possible constraints we can versus the potential of economic ruin that some people may not ever fully recover from", then I think that's a conversation worth having.  The stock market is a valuable tool to assess various other variables that are important to our citizenry, even those not invested in the market, and which signal conditions on the ground. 

I strongly reject the narrative that is prevailing - again, not here, but generally - that this is a strictly binary "we don't care if people die as long as we're makin' Benjamins" assessment (trying to be funny, not disrespectful).  I think if we're going to rely on government, government has to account for all the factors that impact the people it governs.  Like it or not, economic viability is one of them.  I'm frankly sick and tired of Trump saying it like a school kid with a new catchphrase, but there's SOME legitimacy to at least having a dialogue about the notion that the cure can't be worse than the cause. 

Online Kattelox

• Son of a Shepherd and Head of Urban Rangers
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Filthy animals do not belong in Rolf's shed!
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2020, 10:35:41 AM »
I love when people try to shame others for not handling something exactly the way they are
DOWN, LOWER, BELOW, AT THE BOTTOM, WHERE THE TRAIN OBSERVES YOU
RYM | Last.FM | Top 50 Albums

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2020, 10:38:30 AM »
I love when people try to shame others for not handling something exactly the way they are

I don't love it, and I think you're a monster for loving it.

SHAME ON YOU!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2020, 10:40:41 AM »
To add to DragonAttack's post, a lot of people (myself included) are railing against China for how they handled this. I believe Trump also said he would've liked 2-3 months prior notice.

Well, it seems Trump made aware in early-mid January at the latest, which was maybe 2-3 weeks after all of this STARTED. It didn't become a noticeable threat until the beginning of Jan/very very end of December. I'm not sure how much more time would have helped America make a drastically different approach. It seems how America handled this is at least 98% on America.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see any "railing against China" in that entire post, except for mocking Trump for doing just that.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: March 25, 2020, 10:41:09 AM »

Ha, that's the American way!  You don't like what someone's doing? Get on social media and bully them into submission!

Online jingle.boy

• I ain't got time to bleed
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat
« Reply #215 on: March 25, 2020, 10:41:44 AM »

Rite?  Things would be so much easier if everyone just saw things the way I do?  The right way.

:lol :biggrin:  Joking of course.

You do make a great point MJ, and I have to be better at having a wider aperture that there are other valid views/perspectives/beliefs etc... out there.

Online Adami

« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2020, 10:43:52 AM »
To add to DragonAttack's post, a lot of people (myself included) are railing against China for how they handled this. I believe Trump also said he would've liked 2-3 months prior notice.

Well, it seems Trump made aware in early-mid January at the latest, which was maybe 2-3 weeks after all of this STARTED. It didn't become a noticeable threat until the beginning of Jan/very very end of December. I'm not sure how much more time would have helped America make a drastically different approach. It seems how America handled this is at least 98% on America.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see any "railing against China" in that entire post, except for mocking Trump for doing just that.

In which post? Dragon's? No. I meant in general. A lot of people here, you included it seem, blame this on China. And they are definitely to blame for much of this, but they are NOT to blame for how Trump/America is handling it. The narrative (here and elsewhere) was that because China kept this hidden for so long, America didn't have enough time to react appropriately. I disagree with that. America had basically as much time as they would've either way. Trump's reaction was going to be the same 2 weeks earlier. So while you are free to hold China 100% responsible for the virus, I'm going to hold America's government 100% responsible for their reaction to it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2020, 10:50:12 AM »
Agreed.  Blame all you want the instigation of this, but when you see a 10-car pileup on the highway, you don't keep accelerating into it.  Pump the breaks, and maybe you'll avoid it, maybe you at least lessen the impact.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2020, 10:58:52 AM »
...but I'm also not simplifying the calculus to as simple as "Life versus economic gain/the stock market".  I think it's a balance, and a balance with multiple variables, one of which is "the economy".  "The economy" isn't just about "economic gain", it's about sustenance and survival for many.

This is the great point that so, SO often is completely missed. 

And, look, before I say anything further, for the record:  I am NOT saying that any of the precautions being taken are a bad idea.  I'm not.  Like most people here, I have been very diligent with doing everything we have been asked/told/recommended to do, and will continue to do so, and will continue to think that we SHOULD be doing all of that and, possibly, more.

But to dismiss the economics or to draw a false comparison between "economics vs. death" is really myopic and ignores other potentially much, MUCH worse issues, IMO.  The "economics" isn't just "the government can point to a great GDP," or "the stock market is up, and so is my 401k!"  It is people being able to work and survive.  When people cannot take care of the basic necessities of life on a large enough scale--or just as bad, fear that they cannot, even if that is not the reality--REALLY bad things can happen that can destroy, or at least, irreparably damage a society.  As one example, rioting and civil unrest can happen simply because people cannot work, and the stores near them are out of basic necessities, and people are afraid/angry/etc.  And then it's like a powder keg.  The rioting intensifies.  And because this crisis is not limited to an isolated geographic area, THAT can spread to other areas faster than any virus.  And then if the government cannot maintain order, what then?  Attacks from terrorists?  Attacks from opportunistic countries who see a weakened rival?  Attacks from homegrown fundamentalist groups that further contribute to disorder?  Yeah, I'm throwing out some pretty far-fetched scenarios.  But they are only far-fetched until they aren't, and the "fire" actually starts burning, right?  And those are only a handful of examples. 

I'm not counting on any of the above happening.  I'm just saying, there is FAR more to "economics" than simply pointing to the stock market or GDP.  And a lot of those concerns are valid, IMO, and really need to be balanced against whatever action or inaction is taken in response to the virus.  Again, it's not just "stock market vs. mass deaths."  It is far more complicated and nuanced than that.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2020, 11:18:07 AM »
Couldn’t all of the hypotheticals listed above happen.....perhaps even easier, also broader in scope and degree, if the virus is not handled properly?  I would say that the downside is greater if the economy takes a shit AND the virus takes a huge toll, than if just the economy takes a shit BECAUSE we mitigated the effects of the virus.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 11:32:55 AM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2020, 11:20:14 AM »

In which post? Dragon's? No. I meant in general. A lot of people here, you included it seem, blame this on China. And they are definitely to blame for much of this, but they are NOT to blame for how Trump/America is handling it. The narrative (here and elsewhere) was that because China kept this hidden for so long, America didn't have enough time to react appropriately. I disagree with that. America had basically as much time as they would've either way. Trump's reaction was going to be the same 2 weeks earlier. So while you are free to hold China 100% responsible for the virus, I'm going to hold America's government 100% responsible for their reaction to it.

Fair enough, I need to be clearer.  I'm not excusing Trump for his handling of this.  Team Cuomo all the way, and I'm not trying to be funny.   All I'm saying is Trump wouldn't have to handle this - nor would Johnson, Merkl, Putin, Mattarella, et al. - had China been more of a team player.  I also have said here that I think we can reasonably expect this type of response from them when the excrement hits the rotating oscillator on climate change, intellectual property, and any other trans-national issue arises. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #221 on: March 25, 2020, 11:36:46 AM »
Couldn’t all of the hypotheticals listed above happen.....perhaps even easier, also broader in scope and degree, if the virus is not handled properly?  I would say that the downside is greater if the economy takes a shit AND the virus takes a huge toll, than if just the economy takes a shit BECAUSE we mitigated the effects of the virus.

Absolutely.  And that's a really good point putting it in that perspective as well.  And, AGAIN, I'm not arguing in the least bit against mitigation.  I am just saying that there are a LOT of variables, and it isn't just "stock market vs. mass deaths," that's all.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #222 on: March 25, 2020, 11:45:19 AM »

Absolutely.  And that's a really good point putting it in that perspective as well.  And, AGAIN, I'm not arguing in the least bit against mitigation.  I am just saying that there are a LOT of variables, and it isn't just "stock market vs. mass deaths," that's all.

Fair points, but the way POTUS talks, "economics" is all about GDP and stock market.  There are a LOT of potential medium and long-term terrible outcomes.  But (imo) the most immediate short-term threat is spread of the virus and resulting crush on the healthcare system.

Look, it's like the fundamental ABC of medicine ... Airway, Breathing, Circulation.  In that order.  If someone can't breath, you don't treat the gaping wound on the leg first.  If you don't fix the airway, they won't have to worry about bleeding out.  Ditto on breathing in general.  If the lungs are collapsed (ironic metaphor I'm using here), you treat the ability to breath before the gushing wound.  IMO, the spread of the virus is the A part of society that needs to be addressed first.  If we can .... 'control' the spread of the virus, then we can address the other things.  If the virus gets to 225M people, getting back to work won't make any difference.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #223 on: March 25, 2020, 11:56:25 AM »
I'm not willing to sacrifice someone I love because of the stock market.  I'm just not.  I hope that you aren't willing to do that either.

I addressed this to Chad as well, but felt I owed you a reply too.  If the calculus is "life versus the stock market", I agree.  If the calculus is "balancing the most restrictive possible constraints we can versus the potential of economic ruin that some people may not ever fully recover from", then I think that's a conversation worth having.  The stock market is a valuable tool to assess various other variables that are important to our citizenry, even those not invested in the market, and which signal conditions on the ground. 

I strongly reject the narrative that is prevailing - again, not here, but generally - that this is a strictly binary "we don't care if people die as long as we're makin' Benjamins" assessment (trying to be funny, not disrespectful).  I think if we're going to rely on government, government has to account for all the factors that impact the people it governs.  Like it or not, economic viability is one of them.  I'm frankly sick and tired of Trump saying it like a school kid with a new catchphrase, but there's SOME legitimacy to at least having a dialogue about the notion that the cure can't be worse than the cause.

You know, if Cuomo was in the WH I'd probably agree with you.  But the best indicator of future behavior is relative past behavior.  Trump listens to experts like Fauci until Fauci says/does something he doesn't like.  Then he's out the door.  We've seen this countless times with Trump.  I can make a list if anyone cares.

Fauci and other medical experts are the ones that need to be listened to right now.  Not Mnuchin, not Kudlow, not his fucking kids and in-laws. 

Everybody here knows it is killing Trump inside right now that the market has tanked and he no longer has "the best most beautiful" economy in the world.  Well, he needs to suck it up for the good of the nation and make decisions with an eye on the long prize and not just November.  I for one, do not trust him to have the ability to do that. 

Tens of thousands of dead people are not going to help the economy recover.
I'm (literally) old enough to remember when 3,000 people died in New York City and the whole country treated it like an attack on the whole country

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #224 on: March 25, 2020, 12:29:29 PM »

Fair points, but the way POTUS talks, "economics" is all about GDP and stock market.  There are a LOT of potential medium and long-term terrible outcomes.  But (imo) the most immediate short-term threat is spread of the virus and resulting crush on the healthcare system.

Look, it's like the fundamental ABC of medicine ... Airway, Breathing, Circulation.  In that order.  If someone can't breath, you don't treat the gaping wound on the leg first.  If you don't fix the airway, they won't have to worry about bleeding out.  Ditto on breathing in general.  If the lungs are collapsed (ironic metaphor I'm using here), you treat the ability to breath before the gushing wound.  IMO, the spread of the virus is the A part of society that needs to be addressed first.  If we can .... 'control' the spread of the virus, then we can address the other things.  If the virus gets to 225M people, getting back to work won't make any difference.

All fair points as well.  To take the analogy farther, I am also stressing that, when treating that same victim, you also DO have to take into account the fact that, if you don't also check the leg wound and come up with a plan for that, they WILL bleed out and die.  And, yes, there is an order that you deal with certain things.  But as part of the triage process, you have to at least try to assess and take into account the entire picture, as best you can.  Is the respiratory issue only a partial obstruction that allows the victim to minimally breathe, but the leg wound hit an artery, and he/she is only seconds away from reaching critical blood loss stage?  In that scenario, you break from standard protocol order and leave the breathing alone for the time being and get on that leg wound immediately. 

Anyhow, not to beat a dead horse--just saying the situation is more complex than some of the rhetoric may imply if we don't dig a little deeper.  I think I've said my piece on that.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #225 on: March 26, 2020, 01:18:10 AM »
I do agree that the issue is more complex than the rhetoric would suggest (as is the case, I would assert, for most divisive issues).  This isn't just a simple matter of weighing the stock market vs. the deaths of Americans. 

However, I also think that if you look at Donald Trump's actions over the past week or so as a collective whole, they paint the picture of a man who is making every effort to downplay the situation.

As usual, we start with Fake News.  The whole thing is overhyped and will blow over soon.  That seems to be his starting point here.  He maintains this as long as possible, which is not very long at all.  Soon such a perspective is drowned out by the vocal reaction of the medical community, the actions of other nations, the actions of individual businesses in the US, and of course the ongoing spread of the disease itself.  So he makes a speech: okay, this is a big deal, and here's what we're going to do about it.  And he maintains this for as long as possible, which is not very long at all, because the stock market keeps crashing, and so he moves to hard choices and we can't let the cure be worse than the disease.  The thing is - and I'll admit this is subjective, based only on my own interpretation of his tone and attitude - I don't get the sense that he's trying to stress the dangers of the cure.  If he was, I would be more inclined to the discuss the complexities of the issue.  But it seems to me that he is instead trying to downplay the dangers of the disease.  To keep with the triage metaphor, I understand the argument that we need to keep our eye on the gaping leg wound while we address the primary concern of not being able to breathe.  But it's hard for me to take that argument seriously from a man who argued a few short days ago that everyone was breathing fine and there was nothing to worry about. 

A lot of the loudest conservative voices in the country are shouting that we need to get back to work and move past this.  This may or may not be a valid concern.  The problem is that they were shouting basically the same thing a week ago. 

To me, it suggests that many of them are not taking Covid 19 seriously.  They (and chief among them Donald Trump) tried to downplay it in the beginning, and when that failed, they had no choice but to let it run its course, and now they are desperately impatient to get back to downplaying it.  Or so it seems to me. 

This is why Trump's attitude bothers me.  It's one thing to talk about hard trade-offs when you've taken the issue seriously, but it's another to talk about hard trade-offs while continuing to downplay the problem and refusing to take any responsibility for the course of events. 

For context, I may soon lose my job because the store I'm working for has decided to close for a while.  I don't hold it against them, because I know their decision is informed by compassion and responsibility.  I am in no way convinced that compassion and responsibility are Trump's primary motivations here, so I'm hesitant to give him the same benefit of understanding. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Podaar

• I am the legend.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Iran #1, Russia #2, USA hacktui
« Reply #226 on: March 26, 2020, 05:05:00 AM »
I sincerely hope you are able to post here more frequently Jaffa. Well, and actually want to, as well.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #227 on: March 26, 2020, 06:21:32 AM »
I sincerely hope you are able to post here more frequently Jaffa. Well, and actually want to, as well.

+1.  Excellent post Jaffa.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #228 on: March 26, 2020, 08:20:16 AM »
This is an opinion piece in the NYT but that isn't why I'm posting it.  I'm posting because a short way down the article is an interactive graph that shows how the curve is flattened in the US (aka how many infected, hospitalized, died) over time depending upon the length of time we are sheltering in place.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/25/opinion/coronavirus-trump-reopen-america.html
I'm (literally) old enough to remember when 3,000 people died in New York City and the whole country treated it like an attack on the whole country

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2020, 11:54:53 AM »
I share Stadler's frustration at the way old folks v. economy is being presented. I'm spending a bit more time on Facebook and the way some people are phrasing it you'd think we're all supposed to report and have life clocks installed in our palms. It's as disingenuous as most political arguments you see on FB. At the same time, republicans are fucking talking about sacrificing old folks. Their words, not mine. Is this really the best they can come up with? For all of their bluster about how great we are, how strong we are, how resilient we are, their best solution is that maybe we just need to let some percentage of the country fucking die? This is madness. Carter suggested during the energy crisis that maybe Americans should turn the heat down a little and put on a sweater instead, and he's America's worst president. Greg Abbott is saying that we need to get back to work at the expense of granny and gramps and people are defending him? If this is really what America has become then I'd posit that Covid-19 is grossly inadequate for what needs to be done here. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2020, 02:37:45 PM »
To me, it suggests that many of them are not taking Covid 19 seriously. 

yup yup yup

Offline Harmony

« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2020, 10:58:06 PM »
Trump: "I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You know, you go into major hospitals sometimes and they'll have two ventilators. Now all of a sudden they're saying, 'Can we order 30,000 ventilators?'"

This guy is the biggest dipshit of them all.

A lot of people are going to die because of what Donald Trump believes. Earlier this week, Gov. Cuomo exhorted the president to invoke the Defense Procurement Act to compel businesses to manufacture ventilators. Cuomo explained that businesses are ready and willing to do this, but the need the start-up capital that only the federal government can provide — and would provide under the Act. In an emotional conclusion, he said that thousands and thousands would die from a lack of ventilators.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/trump-let-them-breathe-cake-we-dont-need-ventilators-hannity/

Online DragonAttack

« Reply #232 on: March 27, 2020, 08:56:54 AM »
^
He's constantly grabbing at his bone spurs throughout this entire process. :facepalm:

Not sure if I need a clarification, but my earlier post did receive much attention.  *I* was not calling out any race, region, etc. in my earlier post.  I was merely quoting the current occupant's statements.  Yes, I was mocking him.  His words, not mine.   He deserves to be mocked.
'Discretionary posting is the better part of valor.'  Falstaff

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #233 on: March 27, 2020, 09:09:48 AM »
Wow, that was a pretty irresponsible way to "report" what is going on.  Reporters are like children sometimes.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #234 on: March 27, 2020, 09:26:42 AM »
Wow, that was a pretty irresponsible way to "report" what is going on.  Reporters are like children sometimes.

I only skimmed thru the article (from the link in Harmony's post).  Is that what you're referring to as irresponsible reporting?  If so, would you elaborate?

Online Kattelox

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #235 on: March 27, 2020, 09:31:01 AM »
*looks at post*

*sees "the american conservative" in URL*

Reading the 'reporting' in that article makes me embarrassed for the writer. Whole lot of emotion and personal opinion jammed in there. We should be reading news, not opinion pieces. People should come for information, not vindication of their personal beliefs and attitudes
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 09:38:06 AM by Kattelox »

Offline Harmony

« Reply #236 on: March 27, 2020, 09:52:44 AM »
So you don't believe that hospitals are desperate for ventilators and the president is refusing to enact the Defense Production Act?

You don't believe that some conservatives are starting to understand that this president is discounting what healthcare workers are sharing from the front lines?

You don't believe that people will die because of a lack of adequate PPE and ventilators?

You don't believe that hospitals are starting to draft plans for what to do when choices have to made about who gets precious resources?

Oh - ok.  Well, here is a nice handy dandy list of major publications all reporting  pretty much the same thing.  Maybe you'll find a source that you trust since it appears that many people discount the first hand accounts of what is actually happening in hospitals across America right now.

https://khn.org/morning-breakout/amid-grave-shortage-of-ventilators-some-hospitals-start-sharing-between-patients-searching-for-alternatives/

Edit to add a few more links for Kattelox

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/coronavirus-pandemic-surges-hospitals-prepare-grim-possibility-ventilator/story?id=69770794

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/26/trump-ventilators-coronavirus-151311

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/27/trump-ventilators-coronavirus-cuomo-new-york

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-coronavirus-ventilators-new-york-state_n_5e7d651cc5b6256a7a27c911

Online Adami

« Reply #237 on: March 27, 2020, 09:56:02 AM »
*looks at post*

Reading the 'reporting' in that article makes me embarrassed for the writer. Whole lot of emotion and personal opinion jammed in there. We should be reading news, not opinion pieces. People should come for information, not vindication of their personal beliefs and attitudes

I think both serve their purpose, but I will disagree on the last bit. Some of us go for news, but most people? They go to have their personal beliefs and attitudes validated. That's WHY that stuff sells so much.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Kattelox

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2020, 09:56:47 AM »
Well, Harmony, you're very clearly a level-headed and rational person, and also telepathic, since you can apparently read my mind! Can I take a few minutes to make a bunch of stupid assumptions about you, too?

HuffPo is like the Mecca of liberal journalism.

My only point was, if you're gonna share something, maybe sharing from something that isn't a strongly emotional opinion piece is a better way to go. Even if there are facts in there, the biased nature of the reporting makes it unpalatable.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2020, 09:58:12 AM »
Well, Harmony, you're very clearly a level-headed and rational person, and also telepathic, since you can apparently read my mind! Can I take a few minutes to make a bunch of stupid assumptions about you, too?

Well please, do elaborate and let us all in on what's in your mind.

Online Kattelox

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #240 on: March 27, 2020, 09:58:47 AM »

Well please, do elaborate and let us all in on what's in your mind.

You've already figured it out, apparently! Why bother? You've got the big brains here and know everything.

Online Kattelox

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #241 on: March 27, 2020, 09:59:55 AM »
*looks at post*

I think both serve their purpose, but I will disagree on the last bit. Some of us go for news, but most people? They go to have their personal beliefs and attitudes validated. That's WHY that stuff sells so much.

Well, I said what we should be doing, not what they are doing. I am in full agreement with what you're saying.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #242 on: March 27, 2020, 10:00:44 AM »

My only point was, if you're gonna share something, maybe sharing from something that isn't a strongly emotional opinion piece is a better way to go. Even if there are facts in there, the biased nature of the reporting makes it unpalatable.

Well HuffPo is one of many  links I shared.  Why not try and find one that passes your smell test then.  Sorry about your palate issue.  I guess I'm a little bit more concerned about the healthcare workers in the trenches right now.  Mea Culpa

Online Kattelox

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: March 27, 2020, 10:01:24 AM »

Well HuffPo is one of many  links I shared.  Why not try and find one that passes your smell test then.  Sorry about your palate issue.  I guess I'm a little bit more concerned about the healthcare workers in the trenches right now.  Mea Culpa

It's like you didn't even digest the point I was making and don't understand how incredibly biased HuffPo is and why I said what I said. Have a good day, Harmony. Thanks for also insinuating I don't care about healthcare workers when my own sister is a fucking nurse. Catch you later today when you're ready to make more kneejerk assumptions about people and what they believe.

Online Adami

« Reply #244 on: March 27, 2020, 10:02:18 AM »
Ah, totally missed the word should. My bad. Then yes, you're right.
fanticide.bandcamp.com