Author Topic: Hunters (Amazon Prime)  (Read 1346 times)

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Hunters (Amazon Prime)
« on: March 04, 2020, 05:54:57 PM »
Started watching this the other night. Was intrigued by it months ago when they announced it. I’m only three episodes in, but it’s enough to draw some conclusions.

I will say that Al Pacino is really good in his role, he makes the role his own and the accent isn’t really that jarring to me. It’s an interesting show, there’s one bad guy in here that just makes my stomach turn. It is a fairly tense show.

With that being said, holy crap, is this show wildly inconsistent with its tone and it can be really jarring to watch because you go from Auschwitz with some pretty brutal stuff happening to a parody informercial talking about spotting a Nazi in everyday life. It just feels weird. There was a weird Bee Gees dance sequence after another Holocaust flashback, it just feels weird. And the show follows some usual annoying movie/show tropes such as: Everyone leaves room except one person “Keep an eye on him!” Something bad happens.

I will be watching it through though as it keeps me hooked and I want to see what happens. It just seems like it doesn’t know what it wants to be. I’ve seen the show compared to Tarantino movies. He does a good job with tone balance and taking on some serious subjects. This show just doesn’t seem to know what it wants to be.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 06:00:12 PM by SystematicThought »
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
Re: Hunters (Amazon Prime)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 11:57:24 AM »
I watched and liked the whole series. Keep at it, there's an interesting plot twist in the last episode.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Hunters (Amazon Prime)
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 08:37:42 AM »
So far it's interesting.  We're 2 episodes in and enjoying it.  Couple things, yes it's very Tarantino-esque.  Also, man... Seems like I'm watching the intro to GOT's while watching this one.   :lol