Author Topic: Battlebots 2020 - Biggest Season Yet - Returns May 15th!  (Read 1238 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Battlebots 2020 - Biggest Season Yet - Returns May 15th!
« on: February 28, 2020, 06:35:45 AM »
I am hell bent on getting some of you to follow along this season for what is shaping up to be the most incredible combat robot tournament to date. Discovery Channel has been pulling out all the stops.

Last year there were 69 teams in the tournament. This year, there are 80 (500+ entries). Last year we got 20 2 hour episodes. This year we are getting 25 2.5 hour episodes. There are more countries representing than ever before, but sadly a lot of the Chinese teams can't come because of the virus. There was a pretty big rule change this year regarding weight. Up until now, bots have been limited to 250lbs. Starting this year, if you build a bot that walks rather than rolls, you have a 500lb limit.

There is an official championship bracket at the end of the season. It's a lot of fun. My buddy and I fill them out every year. I'd like to do a DTF one if anyone else is interested.

These were the greatest hits of last season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn18RSTtiGo

So far this year we have the following teams confirmed:

End Game:

Mammoth:

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 01:13:24 PM by Chino »

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Battlebots 2020 - Biggest Season Yet - Returns May 15th!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 10:49:33 AM »
I've watched a handful of episodes, and always enjoy it.  But, no way in hell I'm investing 60 minutes in this.  At best, I'd record it and just watch the fights.

My disposable time is already so constrained, I'm not sure I have it in me to commit to doing this.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 11:29:27 AM »
Just to clarify, the brackets won't be made until week 21 or 22. Everything leading up to that are just the regular fight nights. Each bot will get 4 matches, and then a combination of their record and judge's decisions will ultimately decide the championship bracket. Last year it was 16, but that was tough because so many bots had outstanding records. We're anticipating a larger championship bracket this year.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 11:17:58 AM »