Author Topic: Avatar: The Last Airbender & The Legend of Korra  (Read 10566 times)

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & The Legend of Korra
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2024, 10:20:47 AM »
Yeah, but I called those people morons. I don't want shows made for them. :lol

You can look down your nose at . . . most of the Western world, and consider yourself superior to those "morons".  Or you can come to terms with the fact that not everyone likes the same thing.  Personally, I really liked the animated series, but generally prefer live action. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2024, 12:18:22 PM »
Who has all watched the new live series?

I am halfway through the season and I think it's good. What I like about this series is the "realness" of it. I never expected this to be an exact carbon copy of the Anime, so I am not upset that some things were cut or changed to better fit the narrative and "realness" of the show. I consider the changes quite similar to a book being adapted into a live action movie, such as how much was changed from the book to the film "Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory" with Gene Wilder. One great change I enjoy is the effects of fire bending, specifically how they burn people, like what a real fire would actually do, a great example of what I mean by the "realness" the live action portrays.

I can't wait for season two.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2024, 02:07:16 PM »
Two episodes in, really enjoying this show.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2024, 06:54:06 PM »
Finished it today, that final episode was outstanding, can't wait to see where they take this. Does it follow the animated show closely?

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2024, 09:05:56 AM »
Finished it the other day. I liked it, it was a fun and good time. As a fan of the original show, there was plenty of stuff to like, and some decisions that I question, but nothing that took away my ability to enjoy the show. Some changes they made were actual improvements in my opinion, like making Omashu more of a location we are meant to connect to and care about, and the story of Zuko's crew being the people he saved from being sacrificed. That was a brilliant twist on that story from the og show.

Speaking of Zuko, he was the character I was most worried about, as he is probably the most important character to get right. I was really happy to see that they actually did get him right. He feels like Zuko, the character beats are there and they mostly work really well. They set the stage nicely for his arch in the next seasons.

Also, loved Azula. Glad we got to see more of her in the first seasons.

Finished it today, that final episode was outstanding, can't wait to see where they take this. Does it follow the animated show closely?

I thought it followed it surprisingly close. Obviously they had to shift some stuff around and cut certain plotlines because they only have 8 episodes instead of 20, but the cut stuff is mostly side quests in the og show that don't really affect the overall plot of the show too much. There are some exceptions of course, where the show does it's own thing, but nothing too big.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2024, 10:20:21 AM »
I loved the reveal with Zuko's crew, such a great emotional moment.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2024, 10:32:31 AM »
I'm debating on starting with the anime show first or the live action one. I don't expect the live action one to be a carbon copy of the original, I just want it to be entertaining. There's a lot of reverence for the original and the fact that the new show isn't being treated as hot garbage as the movie is a good sign.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2024, 10:37:20 AM »
I'm debating on starting with the anime show first or the live action one. I don't expect the live action one to be a carbon copy of the original, I just want it to be entertaining. There's a lot of reverence for the original and the fact that the new show isn't being treated as hot garbage as the movie is a good sign.

My only previous experience was with the movie, and the new series is vastly superior.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2024, 10:59:22 AM »
I'm only two episodes in and I'm enjoying it so far, specially for someone like me, who grew up watching the animated series. If you were to ask me, I'd say work your way around the original animated series (not Korra), and then dive into the live action series. That way you can be familiar with the whole thing and catch on the little nuances they might have taken or changed from the original. I never bothered to watch the movie, so can't comment on that, but apparently it was a big mess.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."