Author Topic: Possible “35th Anniversary Tour” After D/T Tour?  (Read 4313 times)

Offline hunnus2000

Re: Possible “35th Anniversary Tour” After D/T Tour?
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2020, 04:36:30 PM »
Put me in the camp of Blind Faith. That song rocks!!!!  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline pg1067

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2020, 06:05:23 PM »
In the recent Dream Theater "league," Blind Faith finished second (to the title track) in the SDOIT album tournament and finished 3rd in the "Labrie Division" in the overall tournament (meaning tied for 9th place with the third place songs in the other three divisions.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2020, 12:11:15 AM »
I think Blind Faith has one of the awesomest instrumental sections in DT's catalogue, but not the strongest chorus.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2020, 02:13:58 AM »
Put me in the camp of Blind Faith. That song rocks!!!!  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal
  :metal :metal :metal  :hat
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2020, 08:07:36 AM »
I think Blind Faith has one of the awesomest instrumental sections in DT's catalogue, but not the strongest chorus.

Yea, the instrumental section and MP's drumming really puts this song near the top of my overall DT rankings with the chorus holding it back from being a truly great song.

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2020, 06:16:47 PM »
Love some of the instrumental stuff in Blind Faith and enjoy it for that reason but, as a song, it’s not very strong for me. Chorus is particularly weak imo. I think Misunderstood would be great to see again live but, for whatever reason, TGD does not work live and that was initially my favourite song on the album.  I remember really looking forward to hearing it on the SDOIT tour and was bored stiff, it went down like a lead balloon even back then.

Not as huge a fan of TGP as some but it is a fan favourite and I think it would get a big reaction live if they pulled it back out assuming JP can still play it! Nothing on disc two particularly grabs me unless they were going to do the whole song. For me then TGP and Misunderstood are well overdue.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2020, 07:46:24 AM »
The only time I saw TGD was on the AFTR tour, and it was fantastic.  I have seen TGP and Misunderstood live, and they were good as well (although I was severely distracted the one time they played TGP, so I couldn't really pay attention as I would have liked).
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2020, 08:41:25 AM »
The only time I saw TGD was on the ADToE tour, and it was fantastic.
FTFY   :)
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2020, 08:55:35 AM »
Ha--you're right!  I think I was thinking of TSF.  But, yes, BOTH were fantastic.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2020, 09:38:37 AM »
Ha--you're right!  I think I was thinking of TSF.  But, yes, BOTH were fantastic.
YOU'RE fantastic.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2020, 10:28:06 AM »
Well, yes, but that's largely irrelevant.  :hearts: