Author Topic: Future Tour Setlist...  (Read 45391 times)

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Future Tour Setlist...
« Reply #420 on: February 01, 2022, 01:46:10 PM »
I don’t think I’d want ~50/120 min of the set to be 2 songs. Octavarium will have its time I’m sure, but I don’t think this is the tour for it. To maximize the shorter set time (and 2 hours is still not short when almost every other band I’ve seen headline has played 60-105 min), I don’t think they’d play more than one song above 10 min besides A View. I want that song to be The Glass Prison, but they just don’t seem keen on playing it so I’m curious to find out what they actually play.
I thought there'd been reports from a member of the crew that most of the songs in the set are gonna be long ones?
I know of no such reports.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Blazinarps

« Reply #421 on: February 01, 2022, 02:28:18 PM »
I don’t think I’d want ~50/120 min of the set to be 2 songs. Octavarium will have its time I’m sure, but I don’t think this is the tour for it. To maximize the shorter set time (and 2 hours is still not short when almost every other band I’ve seen headline has played 60-105 min), I don’t think they’d play more than one song above 10 min besides A View. I want that song to be The Glass Prison, but they just don’t seem keen on playing it so I’m curious to find out what they actually play.
I thought there'd been reports from a member of the crew that most of the songs in the set are gonna be long ones?
I know of no such reports.

That's because they don't exist.

Why woukd crew members be discussing this. And who would even interview them?

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #422 on: February 01, 2022, 03:10:03 PM »

Figured I would take a crack at it. I think this is their best chance to do a show exclusively celebrating Mangini's era, and that is what I have come up with! Just shy of two hours, with pleasant transitions in mind:

The Alien
The Enemy Inside
Barstool Warrior
Lost Not Forgotten
Room 137
Invisible Monster
On the Backs of Angels
Moment of Betrayel
Behind the Veil
Surrender to Reason
Awaken the Master
A View From the Top of the World
Breaking All Illusions

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #423 on: February 01, 2022, 03:59:58 PM »

Figured I would take a crack at it. I think this is their best chance to do a show exclusively celebrating Mangini's era, and that is what I have come up with! Just shy of two hours, with pleasant transitions in mind:

The Alien
The Enemy Inside
Barstool Warrior
Lost Not Forgotten
Room 137
Invisible Monster
On the Backs of Angels
Moment of Betrayel
Behind the Veil
Surrender to Reason
Awaken the Master
Breaking All Illusions

I would love this set list ! Hoping the Toronto show is still a go !

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #424 on: February 01, 2022, 04:17:22 PM »
Haven't paid too much attention to this thread, but I thought I'd give it a stab. My guess is that they'll alternate between an A and B setlist like what they did for the Dramatic tour. So here's my best guess at what they might do:

The Alien
I Walk Beside You
Blind Faith
Invisible Monster / Transcending Time
On the Backs of Angels / Moment of Betrayal
Out of Reach / Disappear
Answering the Call / Sleeping Giant
Only a Matter of Time
Erotomania
Barstool Warrior
Awaken the Master
~~~encore~~~
In the Name of God

• My gut feeling is that they're going to play every song from the album, but 4 of them will be alternated.
• It's a given that every show will open with The Alien and either the final song or the encore will be the title track.
• Awaken the Master is also a given since JP will want to exhibit his brand new 8-string at every show.
• To give JL a break, they'll include an instrumental and I'm guessing it will be Erotomania since they haven't played it with MM yet.
• I also think they'll finally add another WDaDU track to the setlist and I would say OaMoT has a better chance than TKH; with the instrumental following, it will give JL a chance to catch his breath.
• I also think they'll bring back Barstool Warrior again since I sense JP is super proud of that song.
• And SDoIT will have some representation since it is the 20th anniversary, although I doubt they'll draw any attention to that fact; I'm guessing BF.
• There will be a ballad from an older album since there's not one on the new album, and I'm thinking they might do Out of Reach but maybe alternate it with Disappear, another song that has almost not been aired at all.
• To fill out the setlist, I can see them bring out one more MM-era track that was more popular, so I'm guessing they might alternate between OtBoA and MoB.
• While I don't have any listed, I have a sneaky suspicion that one IaW track will make the setlist - maybe alternating between PMU and Metropolis. If so, then I doubt there will be anything from WDaDU in the set.
• I don't think (hope) they'll include anything from SFaM since they just did that album in full last tour.
• I don't believe any of the other d/t tracks that weren't played last tour will be on this tour, nor will Surrender to Reason despite being the only song from the s/t album that hasn't been played live.
• The fact that all my guesses for alternating are in one block wasn't intentional - it just seemed the best way to have the setlist flow from my perspective.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #425 on: February 01, 2022, 04:43:56 PM »
Here’s mine:

The Alien
The Glass Prison
Invisible Monster
Sleeping Giant
Erotomania
Surrender To Reason
Blind Faith
Lines In The Sand
Awaken The Master
Surrounded
A View From The Top Of The World

Encore:
At Wit’s End

Total Length: 2 hrs 2 min

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #426 on: February 01, 2022, 04:51:16 PM »
Here’s mine:

The Alien
The Glass Prison
Invisible Monster
Sleeping Giant
Erotomania
Surrender To Reason
Blind Faith
Lines In The Sand
Awaken The Master
Surrounded
A View From The Top Of The World

Encore:
At Wit’s End

Total Length: 2 hrs 2 min

I like this one!

Offline Rushspirit2112

« Reply #427 on: February 01, 2022, 04:53:06 PM »
Here is what I can come up with...
The Alien
Blind Faith
On the Backs of Angels
Answering the Call/Invisible Monster
As I Am
Awaken the Master
Forsaken
I Walk Beside You/Out of Reach
Peruvian Skies
Transcending Time
S2N
A View from the Top of the World
The Count of Tuscany

I know its very basic and the order could be rearranged but I feel this could be realistic

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #428 on: February 01, 2022, 05:27:43 PM »

If they play Disappear I will be delighted.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #429 on: February 01, 2022, 05:40:50 PM »
Light Fuse and Get Away / Wait for Sleep / The Silent Man / Anna Lee / Take Away My Pain / Disappear / Vacant / The Answer LIes Within / Prophets of War / Repentance / Wither / Far from Heaven / Along for the Ride / 6 songs from Astonishing / Out of Reach / Viper King

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #430 on: February 01, 2022, 05:59:06 PM »
Light Fuse and Get Away / Wait for Sleep / The Silent Man / Anna Lee / Take Away My Pain / Disappear / Vacant / The Answer LIes Within / Prophets of War / Repentance / Wither / Far from Heaven / Along for the Ride / 6 songs from Astonishing / Out of Reach / Viper King
C'mon Rodrigo - you can do better than that!

Winter World of Love (Engelbert Humperdinck intro tape)
The Alien (intro only)
Losing Faythe
You Not Me
Mike Thinks He's Dee Dee Ramone Introducing a Song Song
Build Me Up Break Me Down
The Best Repentance of Thy Father (medley of The Best of Times, Repentance, Honor Thy Father)
In the Presence of Enemies part II
Innocence Faded
Your Majesty
Raw Dog
Viper King (w/ Highway Star excerpt)
Room 137
Where Are You Now?
A Rite of Passage (w/ extended Bebot solo)
2285 Entr'acte
The Answer
Power Down
Descent of the NOMACS
Prophets of War (w/ extended disco section)
Anna Lee
The Answer Lies Within
Through My Words
~~~WDaDU tribute encore~~~
Status Seeker
Light Fuse and Get Away
The Ones Who Help to Set the Sun
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #431 on: February 01, 2022, 06:53:10 PM »
C'mon Rodrigo - you can do better than that!

Winter World of Love (Engelbert Humperdinck intro tape)
The Alien (intro only)
Losing Faythe
You Not Me
Mike Thinks He's Dee Dee Ramone Introducing a Song Song
Build Me Up Break Me Down
The Best Repentance of Thy Father (medley of The Best of Times, Repentance, Honor Thy Father)
In the Presence of Enemies part II
Innocence Faded
Your Majesty
Raw Dog
Viper King (w/ Highway Star excerpt)
Room 137
Where Are You Now?
A Rite of Passage (w/ extended Bebot solo)
2285 Entr'acte
The Answer
Power Down
Descent of the NOMACS
Prophets of War (w/ extended disco section)
Anna Lee
The Answer Lies Within
Through My Words
~~~WDaDU tribute encore~~~
Status Seeker
Light Fuse and Get Away
The Ones Who Help to Set the Sun

That would be massive! They'd have to play I&W, Awake and Scenes in full on the next tour to recover from that setlist!

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #432 on: February 01, 2022, 07:45:02 PM »

There's actually a lot of great songs in that list that I would love to see live.

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #433 on: February 01, 2022, 08:12:18 PM »
Here is my take. I do think they kinda celebrate SDOIT anniversary like they did Awake anniversary back in 2014-15. There can be more than one song from SDOIT in this tour.

The Alien
Bridges In The Sky
Invisible Monster
Blind Faith/*The Glass Prison
Awaken The Master
Disappear / )*Goodnight Kiss
Lie
Erotomania/ *Drum or *Guitar-Keyboard Solo
About To Crash - Grand Finale / *Solitary Shell
The Count of Tuscany

-

Transcending Time
A View

*Alternative song
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline illusionist

« Reply #434 on: February 02, 2022, 12:58:19 AM »

The Alien
The Enemy Inside
Barstool Warrior
Lost Not Forgotten
Room 137
Invisible Monster
On the Backs of Angels
Moment of Betrayel
Behind the Veil
Surrender to Reason
Awaken the Master
Breaking All Illusions

Doing an exclusive MM era setlist is a brilliant idea!
And this setlist is spectacular! :hefdaddy
I''ll add it to my Spotify!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #435 on: February 02, 2022, 06:48:07 AM »
The tour starts today, folks! :metal
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #436 on: February 02, 2022, 07:01:36 AM »
The tour starts today, folks! :metal

Time for some final setlist predictions!  :metal :o

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #437 on: February 02, 2022, 07:39:29 AM »
• There will be a ballad from an older album since there's not one on the new album, and I'm thinking they might do Out of Reach but maybe alternate it with Disappear, another song that has almost not been aired at all.

Let me just say that if I get Out Of Reach,and the next city gets Disappear, I'm going to throw a fucking nutty. Nothing would piss me off more. That's worse than getting Paralyzed instead of Fall Into The Light which pissed me off big time.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #438 on: February 02, 2022, 07:50:17 AM »
Haven't paid too much attention to this thread, but I thought I'd give it a stab. My guess is that they'll alternate between an A and B setlist like what they did for the Dramatic tour. So here's my best guess at what they might do:

The Alien
I Walk Beside You
Blind Faith
Out of Reach / Disappear
Only a Matter of Time
Erotomania
Barstool Warrior
Awaken the Master
~~~encore~~~
In the Name of God

• My gut feeling is that they're going to play every song from the album, but 4 of them will be alternated.
• It's a given that every show will open with The Alien and either the final song or the encore will be the title track.
• Awaken the Master is also a given since JP will want to exhibit his brand new 8-string at every show.
• To give JL a break, they'll include an instrumental and I'm guessing it will be Erotomania since they haven't played it with MM yet.
• I also think they'll finally add another WDaDU track to the setlist and I would say OaMoT has a better chance than TKH; with the instrumental following, it will give JL a chance to catch his breath.
• I also think they'll bring back Barstool Warrior again since I sense JP is super proud of that song.
• And SDoIT will have some representation since it is the 20th anniversary, although I doubt they'll draw any attention to that fact; I'm guessing BF.
• To fill out the setlist, I can see them bring out one more MM-era track that was more popular, so I'm guessing they might alternate between OtBoA and MoB.
• While I don't have any listed, I have a sneaky suspicion that one IaW track will make the setlist - maybe alternating between PMU and Metropolis. If so, then I doubt there will be anything from WDaDU in the set.
• I don't think (hope) they'll include anything from SFaM since they just did that album in full last tour.
• I don't believe any of the other d/t tracks that weren't played last tour will be on this tour, nor will Surrender to Reason despite being the only song from the s/t album that hasn't been played live.
• The fact that all my guesses for alternating are in one block wasn't intentional - it just seemed the best way to have the setlist flow from my perspective.
That would be sweet.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #439 on: February 02, 2022, 08:20:45 AM »
The only song I really hope they play is Blind Faith. But any 6DOIT song, I would like to hear. I didn't bring my laptop with me to post the new playlist I made, but oh well.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Kram

« Reply #440 on: February 02, 2022, 10:57:53 AM »

The Alien
I Walk Beside You
Blind Faith
Out of Reach / Disappear
Only a Matter of Time
Erotomania
Barstool Warrior
Awaken the Master
~~~encore~~~
In the Name of God

Great set-list Scotty!  I'd be absolutely ecstatic if we get Blind Faith, Disappear and In the Name of God!  For some reason, I have a gut feeling they're going to play The Enemy Inside as well.

Online Kram

« Reply #441 on: February 02, 2022, 10:58:19 AM »
LOL

Offline MrMike

« Reply #442 on: February 02, 2022, 12:10:22 PM »
Here's my final prediction.  Since they included a shot of the big bug on Jordan's keyboard in the rehearsal teaser, I have a feeling there'll be something from Systematic Chaos too, but I couldn't decide what would fit, so didn't include any from it.

1.  The Alien
2.  Answering The Call
3.  6:00
4.  Sleeping Giant
5.  The Root Of All Evil
6.  Invisible Monster
7.  Awaken The Master
8.  Erotomania
9.  About To Crash
10. Through My Words/Fatal Tragedy
11. Barstool Warrior
12. A View From The Top Of The World

encore:
13. Under A Glass Moon (or something else from I&W)

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #443 on: February 02, 2022, 12:14:56 PM »
John Petrucci’s latest Instagram post shows him posing backstage with the eight string, which all but confirms Awaken the Master.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KidInTheDark666

• Traveling through both space and time.
« Reply #444 on: February 02, 2022, 12:17:51 PM »
I made two variations a while back:

1. The Alien
2. Answering the Call
3. Constant Motion
4. Transcending Time
5. Goodnight Kiss
6. Solitary Shell
7. Invisible Monster
8. I Walk Beside You
9. Sleeping Giant
10. Awaken the Master
11. Lifting Shadows Off A Dream
12. A View From the Top of the World
—-
13. Bridges In the Sky
14. Learning to Live

1. The Alien
2. Answering the Call / Transcending Time (rotation)
3. Constant Motion
4. Burning My Soul
5. Invisible Monster
6. Sleeping Giant
7. Blind Faith
8. I Walk Beside You
9. Surrounded
10. Awaken the Master
11. A View From The Top Of The World
--
12. The Count of Tuscany

Offline DTA

« Reply #445 on: February 02, 2022, 12:27:38 PM »
I think I would be devastated if they rotated Disappear with another song. Disappear is a top 5 DT track for me, and I always seem to be in cities that get the song I want less of the two. Only A Matter of Time would be an awesome addition as it's one of the few WDADU I've never seen live yet.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #446 on: February 02, 2022, 01:17:48 PM »

1. The Alien
2. Answering the Call
3. Constant Motion
4. Transcending Time
5. Goodnight Kiss
6. Solitary Shell
7. Invisible Monster
8. I Walk Beside You
9. Sleeping Giant
10. Awaken the Master
11. Lifting Shadows Off A Dream
12. A View From the Top of the World
—-
13. Bridges In the Sky
14. Learning to Live

I loooooooooove this setlist

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #447 on: February 02, 2022, 01:42:55 PM »
Okay, guys. If anyone wants to follow along. I will be posting the set-list in real time in the Mesa thread in the concert section.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #448 on: February 02, 2022, 01:45:03 PM »
Okay, guys. If anyone wants to follow along. I will be posting the set-list in real time in the Mesa thread in the concert section.

:hefdaddy
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #449 on: February 02, 2022, 01:55:07 PM »

Make sure to enjoy the show too!

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #450 on: February 02, 2022, 02:01:44 PM »

It's why I'll be posting after the song is done. :biggrin:

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #451 on: February 02, 2022, 02:05:29 PM »

It's why I'll be posting after the song is done. :biggrin:

Word! Appreciated! I'll be checking that setlist later!

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #452 on: January 22, 2023, 03:14:06 PM »
My guess at the set list...  taking into account the 20th anniversary of 6 Degrees...

The Alien
Invisible Monster
S2N
Awaken the Master
Beneath the Surface
Sleeping Giant
Surrender to Reason
Solitary Shell
About to Crash (Reprise)
Losing Time/Grand Finale
A View from the Top of the World

Encore:  The Count of Tuscany

Just under 1 hr, 49 minutes...

You got pretty close to this on the current leg.  :biggrin:

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #453 on: January 22, 2023, 03:42:31 PM »
I hope they'll change it for the future US dates.

Need some Voices, The Killing Hand, Lines in the Sand and Disappear.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #454 on: January 22, 2023, 04:12:28 PM »
I hope they'll change it for the future US dates.

Need some Voices, The Killing Hand, Lines in the Sand and Disappear.

Those songs need to come back at some point for sure! There's lots of great tracks they haven't played in a long, long time.