Author Topic: Future Tour Setlist...  (Read 45845 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: Future Tour Setlist...
« Reply #385 on: January 26, 2022, 09:39:05 AM »
The band just released a video for transcending time. Now that sort of cements that song.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline evilasiojr

« Reply #386 on: January 26, 2022, 10:22:18 AM »
Don't know if this has been stated before, but you can see the band playing Awaken The Master on that little before tour clip they released last week. Mike makes the drum fill that starts the riff for the solo section and JM is using a capo on his bass. So big chances the song will be played live!!  :metal

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #387 on: January 26, 2022, 12:14:25 PM »
TT was the last song I expected off the new album honestly so that’s a surprise! They seem to usually play the songs they create videos like that for. And good  catch evilasiojr! I tried to figure out what they were playing haha. If you follow the drum pattern that is definitely the section right before the keyboard solo.

I’ll be bummed if they skip Answering the Call and/or Sleeping Giant. I really wouldn’t mind it if they just played the whole album on this tour since it’s all so good.

Online sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #388 on: January 26, 2022, 01:14:48 PM »
TT was the last song I expected off the new album honestly so that’s a surprise! They seem to usually play the songs they create videos like that for.

They did videos for the whole album. It's on the bluray. 🙂
I'll also be bummed if they leave out "Answering The Call". That's probably my favorite on the new album.
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #389 on: January 26, 2022, 01:44:32 PM »
I know I've said this before, but to me TA, IM, ATM and the epic definitely going to be played live. SG has some chances of appearing too.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline evilasiojr

« Reply #390 on: January 26, 2022, 02:54:26 PM »
I'd say The Alien, Invisible Monster, Awaken the Master and the title track are practically certain in the set list.

Sleeping Giant won as best song of the year in the Prog Report pool and James is really into the song, it might have chances. After releasing the video so close like this to the tour, I think Transcending Time also got big chances.

Following my logic, only Answering the Call is missing, would really be unfortunate like the guys have said, it is the best song on the album for me. But I don't think they would play like aaaalmost the whole album, missing only one song. Maybe they will play the entire album, or either SG or TT will not appear on the set, or they'll swap a few songs from night to night.

Anyway, can't wait to see how this set list will be like!

Offline Trav86

« Reply #391 on: January 26, 2022, 05:28:51 PM »
Answering the Call is, I feel, the one that’s least likely to get played. But what do I know.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #392 on: January 26, 2022, 05:44:34 PM »
Answering the Call is, I feel, the one that’s least likely to get played. But what do I know.

Too bad. My favorite at the moment.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #393 on: January 26, 2022, 06:25:57 PM »
It's probably my least favorite...which means it's definitely getting played.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #394 on: January 26, 2022, 07:19:24 PM »

:rollin
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #395 on: January 26, 2022, 09:01:16 PM »
Looks like Awaken the Master is a for sure. Jordon posted an "Awaken the Practice" video.

Online sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #396 on: January 26, 2022, 09:39:59 PM »
Not too long ago, he posted a Count of Tuscany video as well. I think around the time the tour was originally supposed to start.

Edit: Nevermind. It was around August last year. I think he just likes that song. :D
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #397 on: January 26, 2022, 10:04:44 PM »
I love Answer The Call and will be sad if not played because it will be a fantastic live song.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #398 on: January 27, 2022, 06:51:10 AM »
I really really hope we get an extended Transcending Time outro. The piano at the end is perfectly primed for that.

Offline Kram

« Reply #399 on: January 27, 2022, 11:13:15 AM »
LOL - probably a middle of the pack song for me.  I agree that the only "givens" are The Alien, Invisible Monster, Awaken the Master and A View.  If we get some more, great.  I don't think it makes sense though to play ever song except Answering The Call.  Just play the whole album at that point.

Offline mariner

« Reply #400 on: January 28, 2022, 10:38:48 AM »
My guess at the set list...  taking into account the 20th anniversary of 6 Degrees...

The Alien
Invisible Monster
S2N
Awaken the Master
Beneath the Surface
Sleeping Giant
Surrender to Reason
Solitary Shell
About to Crash (Reprise)
Losing Time/Grand Finale
A View from the Top of the World

Encore:  The Count of Tuscany

Just under 1 hr, 49 minutes...

Offline Kram

« Reply #401 on: January 29, 2022, 11:27:00 AM »
I was just listening to The View this morning and two things struck me. 
1 - Sleeping Giant seems like it would come across great live, I hope they play it. 
2 - I really feel like Awaken the Master is a prelude/companion piece of sorts to the title track.  I think they should close the show with those two (encore of course to follow).

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #402 on: January 29, 2022, 01:57:42 PM »
2 - I really feel like Awaken the Master is a prelude/companion piece of sorts to the title track.  I think they should close the show with those two (encore of course to follow).
That’s how I’ve always envisioned it as well. It just feels right for them to close the show together.

I’ll honestly be surprised if they skip SG. It seems to be very well liked already by the fan base and it now has the extra boost in exposure thanks to The Prog Awards.  The only reason I could see them skipping Sleeping Giant in favor of TT or AtC is to save the extra 3-5 min from SG to fit in an extra song. Since A View is 20 min, I expect the set to be between 12-14 songs, depending on what else they decide to play.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #403 on: January 29, 2022, 04:53:54 PM »
I had a dream last night that the show opener was Space-Dye Vest and it was so beautiful.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #404 on: January 30, 2022, 01:58:50 PM »
That’s how I’ve always envisioned it as well. It just feels right for them to close the show together.

I’ll honestly be surprised if they skip SG. It seems to be very well liked already by the fan base and it now has the extra boost in exposure thanks to The Prog Awards.  The only reason I could see them skipping Sleeping Giant in favor of TT or AtC is to save the extra 3-5 min from SG to fit in an extra song. Since A View is 20 min, I expect the set to be between 12-14 songs, depending on what else they decide to play.

I think they may do alternating setlists, which they did last time they toured with the non “evening with” format. This would allow them to play more music while compensating for the shorter setlist.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Lowe2005

« Reply #405 on: January 30, 2022, 02:03:48 PM »

I think they may do alternating setlists, which they did last time they toured with the non “evening with” format. This would allow them to play more music while compensating for the shorter setlist.

I don't think they'll alternate as much as on the ADTOE tour but I could see them having one or two spots where they switch between two new songs like they did with Paralyzed and Fall Into the Light in 2019/2020.

I also think it's important to take into account that they probably had the setlist pretty much sorted out before the album was released considering the tour was originally meant to start very shortly after release. Therefore, I doubt fan and critical reactions are gonna have much influence over what new stuff they play.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #406 on: January 30, 2022, 02:07:18 PM »

I don't think they'll alternate as much as on the ADTOE tour but I could see them having one or two spots where they switch between two new songs like they did with Paralyzed and Fall Into the Light in 2019/2020.

I also think it's important to take into account that they probably had the setlist pretty much sorted out before the album was released considering the tour was originally meant to start very shortly after release. Therefore, I doubt fan and critical reactions are gonna have much influence over what new stuff they play.

Invisible Monster and Transcending Time would be good songs to alternate. Both are similar in length, and just like Paralyzed and Fall Into the Light from the last album, they’re secondary singles after the lead single that will most likely be the set opener, so while they will make it to the set, they can be swapped from show to snow.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #407 on: January 30, 2022, 09:09:02 PM »
Here's my take. 1 hour 59 minutes.

Alien
S2N
Invisible Monster
Bridges in the Sky
Lie
A New Beginning
Surrender to Reason
The Glass Prison
At Wit's End
Sacrified Sons.

Break

Awaken the Master
A View From The Top Of The World

Offline CharlesPL

« Reply #408 on: January 30, 2022, 10:39:39 PM »
My set, 135 min

1. The Alien
2. Transcending Time
3. S2N
4. This is the Life
5. Surrender To Reason
6. Erotomania
7. Voices
8. Invisible Monster
9. Awaken the Master
10. I Walk Beside You
11. A New Beginning
12. Lines in the Sand
13. A View From the Top of The World

Encore

14. The Glass Prison
15. Disappear
16. Only a Matter of Time

Offline illusionist

« Reply #409 on: January 31, 2022, 05:01:30 AM »
I haven't bought the Blue Ray of the new album,but every song of the album has its own video on Spotify for Android.
And i am very much looking forward to see videos popping up on YT with the first live performances of the tour/album!
I really hope the guys will have put some work on adding some extra solos,or maybe extending outros as well.
PS. I read somewherein a recent James interview that this time the band isn't interested in doing a 6DoIT anniversary,
but playing both new and old material that they all love.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #410 on: January 31, 2022, 06:23:12 AM »
I haven't looked at any of the hints and clues, but here's what I'd put my money on:

1. The Alien
2. Surrender to reason
3. The Glass prison
4. Invisible monster
5. Sleeping giant
6. Erotomania
7. Voices
8. The Silent man
9. Take the time
10. A View from the top of the world
---
11. Octavarium

Given that Distance over time, Systematic chaos, Scenes and Black clouds were represented on the last tour, I left out songs from those albums. I also think it's a long shot that songs from The Astonishing will be played. At the end of the day, I also have a feeling that the band is aware that The Glass prison, Octavarium and some Awake tunes are due for a comeback. Given the length of those tracks, there was no space from anything off of Dramatic, Train, Falling and the debut.

Offline Kram

« Reply #411 on: January 31, 2022, 11:22:57 AM »
Here's my take. 1 hour 59 minutes.

Alien
S2N
Invisible Monster
Bridges in the Sky
Lie
A New Beginning
Surrender to Reason
The Glass Prison
At Wit's End
Sacrified Sons.

Break

Awaken the Master
A View From The Top Of The World
Great setlist!

Offline Blazinarps

« Reply #412 on: January 31, 2022, 12:04:44 PM »
I haven't looked at any of the hints and clues, but here's what I'd put my money on:

1. The Alien
2. Surrender to reason
3. The Glass prison
4. Invisible monster
5. Sleeping giant
6. Erotomania
7. Voices
8. The Silent man
9. Take the time
---
11. Octavarium

Given that Distance over time, Systematic chaos, Scenes and Black clouds were represented on the last tour, I left out songs from those albums. I also think it's a long shot that songs from The Astonishing will be played. At the end of the day, I also have a feeling that the band is aware that The Glass prison, Octavarium and some Awake tunes are due for a comeback. Given the length of those tracks, there was no space from anything off of Dramatic, Train, Falling and the debut.

No chance of that set list- voices and TTT will never happen in same show.

Offline TerryTT

« Reply #413 on: January 31, 2022, 12:32:36 PM »
Opening act:
Threshold or Pain of Salvation

DT Setlist:
The Alien
A Rite of Passage
Caught In A Web
Invisible Monster
Misunderstood
Peruvian Skies
Awaken the Master
Fall into The Light
Through Her Eyes
Sleeping Giant
Breaking All Illusions
ENCORE
Ytse Jam
Take The Time

Offline Mladen

« Reply #414 on: February 01, 2022, 01:47:39 AM »

1. The Alien
2. Surrender to reason
3. The Glass prison
4. Invisible monster
5. Sleeping giant
6. Erotomania
7. Voices
8. The Silent man
9. Take the time
---
11. Octavarium

Give it another thought. All of the songs from Images and words and A Change of seaons happened at the same shows throughout the entire 2017. This time around, the set will be shorter and will give James the time to rest.

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #415 on: February 01, 2022, 06:31:23 AM »
I don’t think I’d want ~50/120 min of the set to be 2 songs. Octavarium will have its time I’m sure, but I don’t think this is the tour for it. To maximize the shorter set time (and 2 hours is still not short when almost every other band I’ve seen headline has played 60-105 min), I don’t think they’d play more than one song above 10 min besides A View. I want that song to be The Glass Prison, but they just don’t seem keen on playing it so I’m curious to find out what they actually play.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #416 on: February 01, 2022, 06:40:52 AM »
Personally, I hope they don't play Glass Prison. Not a big fan of that one and it would take up a lot of the set. I know it's not a popular opinion. Don't hate me!  :lol

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #417 on: February 01, 2022, 06:49:38 AM »

1. The Alien
2. Surrender to reason
3. The Glass prison
4. Invisible monster
5. Sleeping giant
6. Erotomania
7. Voices
8. The Silent man
9. Take the time
---
11. Octavarium

Give it another thought. All of the songs from Images and words and A Change of seaons happened at the same shows throughout the entire 2017. This time around, the set will be shorter and will give James the time to rest.
Take The Time is absolutely unlikely to be played again on this tour (if ever), since I/W and Met2 material had been featured majorly on the last 2 tours.  No Octa either, since Jordan shared clips of him rehearsing The Count on his Insta.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline Lowe2005

« Reply #418 on: February 01, 2022, 12:16:48 PM »
I don’t think I’d want ~50/120 min of the set to be 2 songs. Octavarium will have its time I’m sure, but I don’t think this is the tour for it. To maximize the shorter set time (and 2 hours is still not short when almost every other band I’ve seen headline has played 60-105 min), I don’t think they’d play more than one song above 10 min besides A View. I want that song to be The Glass Prison, but they just don’t seem keen on playing it so I’m curious to find out what they actually play.
I thought there'd been reports from a member of the crew that most of the songs in the set are gonna be long ones?

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #419 on: February 01, 2022, 01:45:03 PM »
Does anyone know if the Canadian dates are confirmed at this point?