Author Topic: Future Tour Setlist...  (Read 45759 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Future Tour Setlist...
« Reply #350 on: January 12, 2022, 01:38:58 PM »
I'd be pissed if I got Answering The Call instead of Sleeping Giant.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #351 on: January 12, 2022, 01:54:43 PM »
ATC has become my favorite as of late.  At the beginning it was probably number 6, but it really grew!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #352 on: January 12, 2022, 07:58:26 PM »
This is what I mean by waiting to see the set list.  Playing Invisible Monster and not playing Transcending Time would be more than a bit questionable, IMO.  I know, personal tastes and all of that, but it feels like they missed the boat a little with both DT12 and Distance over Time when it came to what songs they played from those albums on those tours (At Wit's End not getting played until later in the year; Surrender to Reason and The Bigger Picture not getting played at all on the Along for the Ride tour).  Even with the set lists being mostly static, DT has done a very good job since Mangini joined the band, but it seems like their choices when it comes to what new songs to play are WTFs at times.  Heck, remember they even left Breaking All Illusions off of the set list on the first night of the A Dramatic Turn of Events tour.  :eek :eek

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #353 on: January 12, 2022, 08:38:47 PM »
This is what I mean by waiting to see the set list.  Playing Invisible Monster and not playing Transcending Time would be more than a bit questionable, IMO.  I know, personal tastes and all of that, but it feels like they missed the boat a little with both DT12 and Distance over Time when it came to what songs they played from those albums on those tours (At Wit's End not getting played until later in the year; Surrender to Reason and The Bigger Picture not getting played at all on the Along for the Ride tour).  Even with the set lists being mostly static, DT has done a very good job since Mangini joined the band, but it seems like their choices when it comes to what new songs to play are WTFs at times.  Heck, remember they even left Breaking All Illusions off of the set list on the first night of the A Dramatic Turn of Events tour.  :eek :eek

I'd take IM over TT any day personally.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #354 on: January 12, 2022, 09:16:30 PM »
The Alien
Surrender To Reason
Invisible Monster
Sleeping Giant
Our New World
Hollow Years
Solitary Shell
The Answer Lies Within
Lost Not Forgotten
Octavarium

A View From The Top Of The World

Around 1:47 in length.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #355 on: January 12, 2022, 09:17:14 PM »
But I could see Octavarium not being played til next tour when the album turns 20.

Offline NoFred

« Reply #356 on: January 12, 2022, 10:57:27 PM »
I'd be pissed if I got Answering The Call instead of Sleeping Giant.

Easily my top 2 on the album, and rising daily… at this point I’m entertaining the idea that it’d be better to *not* play the title track :omg: I’d be thrilled if that time was spent on songs 1-6.

ETA: also yeah the main song I’m hoping for is AWE, wasn’t in the set list on first NA leg and definitely missed

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #357 on: January 12, 2022, 10:58:06 PM »
I hope DT is not making set list decisions based on what may be played on the "next" tour.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #358 on: January 13, 2022, 12:08:00 AM »
I have been lucky enough to see most of my absolute favorite DT songs live.  The big one I'm missing is The Glass Prison, so I would be stoked if they played that on this tour (although I'm not expecting it).

The first time I saw them, on the tour with Queensryche, they opened with it. I was thrilled.  ;D
I think it's definitely time to bring it back. They haven't played it in 17 years.
I've been lucky enough to see a lot of my favorite songs played through the years but Scarred is one of the ones I haven't gotten to see yet. I know they've played it in the last eight years, but I really hope they bring that back for the next tour.
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #359 on: January 13, 2022, 01:34:02 AM »
I have been lucky enough to see most of my absolute favorite DT songs live.  The big one I'm missing is The Glass Prison, so I would be stoked if they played that on this tour (although I'm not expecting it).

The first time I saw them, on the tour with Queensryche, they opened with it. I was thrilled.  ;D
I think it's definitely time to bring it back. They haven't played it in 17 years.
I've been lucky enough to see a lot of my favorite songs played through the years but Scarred is one of the ones I haven't gotten to see yet. I know they've played it in the last eight years, but I really hope they bring that back for the next tour.

So do I. I wasn't able to attend the tour for both Scarred and Space Dye-Vest.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Kram

« Reply #360 on: January 13, 2022, 10:37:18 AM »

I was lucky enough to see them on that tour in San Diego and they played both The Glass Prison and Scarred at that show.  I would love to see either or both again for sure - and other than Octavarium, I'd really like to see them bring Voices back into the setlist as well!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #361 on: January 13, 2022, 12:00:21 PM »

I was lucky enough to see them on that tour in San Diego and they played both The Glass Prison and Scarred at that show.  I would love to see either or both again for sure - and other than Octavarium, I'd really like to see them bring Voices back into the setlist as well!

I'm almost certain I saw them open with The Glass Prison when the headlined Gigantour at Jones Beach.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #362 on: January 13, 2022, 12:01:57 PM »
I hope DT is not making set list decisions based on what may be played on the "next" tour.

It certainly would make sense to me for them to say "ok, we wanna bust out octavarium when it turns 20".

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #363 on: January 13, 2022, 09:06:56 PM »

It certainly would make sense to me for them to say "ok, we wanna bust out octavarium when it turns 20".

I do not mean this in a disrespectful way, but if a band wants to play a song, and the fans want to hear it, play the damn song. Who cares what anniversary may be coming up. And at some point, they can't be basing their thinking on the "next" anything.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #364 on: January 14, 2022, 03:18:37 PM »
My bet:

The Alien
Invisible Monster
The Glass Prision
S2N
Lines in the Sand
Sleeping Giant
Trancending Time
Panic Attack
AVFTTOTW

Metropolis
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #365 on: January 14, 2022, 03:19:41 PM »
I'd go see that!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #366 on: January 14, 2022, 03:27:15 PM »
Well, we can dream... ;)
Imagine that on Rock in Rio! :metal
I must admit that setlist is a lot for the band to learn, a lot of songs that they haven’t played with MM.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 03:32:18 PM by devieira73 »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #367 on: January 14, 2022, 03:59:16 PM »
My bet:

The Alien
Invisible Monster
The Glass Prision
S2N
Lines in the Sand
Sleeping Giant
Trancending Time
Panic Attack
AVFTTOTW

Metropolis
That’s probably the most realistic looking setlist I’ve seen yet.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #368 on: January 17, 2022, 06:25:26 PM »
Going through my Awake Era boots this week, and I have to say the Voices needs to be dusted of. Still has not been played in the Mangini Era.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #369 on: January 17, 2022, 06:33:35 PM »
My bet:

The Alien
Invisible Monster
The Glass Prision
S2N
Lines in the Sand
Sleeping Giant
Trancending Time
Panic Attack
AVFTTOTW

Metropolis

If this were official, I wouldn’t even be surprised. I think they’ll play Awaken the Master because JP will want to advertise his new 8-string guitar. But they could trade that in and out with Sleeping Giant.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Kram

« Reply #370 on: January 17, 2022, 07:38:32 PM »
Going through my Awake Era boots this week, and I have to say the Voices needs to be dusted of. Still has not been played in the Mangini Era.
Yes I agree.  Voices, The Glass Prison, Blind Faith, Octavarium, The Count of Tuscany, Bridges in The Sky, Trial of Tears, In the Name of God are all on my "wish list".

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #371 on: January 18, 2022, 12:52:07 PM »
My bet:

The Alien
Invisible Monster
The Glass Prision
S2N
Lines in the Sand
Sleeping Giant
Trancending Time
Panic Attack
AVFTTOTW

Metropolis

This is solid, but I think I'd swap Panic Attack. It's already a pretty metal-stacked set and the band might need a breath. I'd actually love to see Jordan take advantage of the Transcending Time outro and go ham, kind of like JP did with the outro of A New Beginning on the tour for The Astonishing. I'd welcome 6 minutes of band play on stage before going into AVFTTOTW.

Offline Lowe2005

« Reply #372 on: January 19, 2022, 02:36:21 PM »
Looking at some of these, one thing I would say if we wanna think about realistic setlists is that pacing-wise there's probably gonna be a couple of ballads/soft songs included and I feel like an instrumental is very likely too to give James a break.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #373 on: January 21, 2022, 05:28:30 PM »
My hope is that they play:

A View From the Top of the World
2 more new ones

A few from Six Degrees
A few from FII
A few from I&W

The latter three records are all enjoying anniversaries, I believe - 20 for Six Degrees, 25 for FII, and 30 for I&W. So it would be nice to get a dose of the new record and a smattering in tribute to those three albums.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #374 on: January 22, 2022, 01:35:18 AM »
Yes I agree.  Voices, The Glass Prison, Blind Faith, Octavarium, The Count of Tuscany, Bridges in The Sky, Trial of Tears, In the Name of God are all on my "wish list".

Those are all songs I would also love to see live...Right now, the one song I really want and they could play is Blind Faith. I'd take Voices out of them all though.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #375 on: January 24, 2022, 06:20:28 PM »
The Alien
The Glass Prison (please? Can it finally be time?)
Erotomania
Voices
Invisible Monster
Sleeping Giant
Only A Matter of Time
Bridges in the Sky
S2N
Surrender to Reason
Awaken the Master

Metropolis

Comes out to 127 min. I really appreciate how much DT varies their sets each tour. There isn’t even one song they play every single tour, so it’s always a fun surprise finding out what they decide to play.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #376 on: January 24, 2022, 06:26:32 PM »
You know I would actually enjoy it if they did not start the show with the new album single, or first song from the new album. Starting off with an older Mangini song then go into The Alien would be neat I think...

...Or doing something like this...

Sleeping Giant
S2N
Paralyzed
Invisible Monster
On The Backs of Angels
The Alien
The Enemy Inside
Answering The Call
Stream of Consciousness
Awaken The Master
Surrender to Reason
At Wit's End
A View From The Top of The World
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 06:52:22 PM by Ben_Jamin »

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #377 on: January 24, 2022, 06:53:43 PM »
You know I would actually enjoy it if they did not start the show with the new album single, or first song from the new album. Starting off with an older Mangini song then go into The Alien would be neat I think.

I agree. TGP into The Alien would be perfect, but I just expect them to open with it.

Mike posted this comment on Facebook: “…It's time to practice this whole show. I asked our lighting engineer to light my feet for the beginning of "A View" so you could see the feet 3 pattern while we play in 23/16. It's not that it is that hard to sit and practice. It's hard to do for real when the live setting is so hard to deal with. I need to see which of the 3 foot "sounds" is on "one."”
So there’s hard confirmation of AVFTTOTW being a part of the show.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #378 on: January 24, 2022, 06:58:07 PM »
You know I would actually enjoy it if they did not start the show with the new album single, or first song from the new album. Starting off with an older Mangini song then go into The Alien would be neat I think.

I agree. TGP into The Alien would be perfect, but I just expect them to open with it.

Mike posted this comment on Facebook: “…It's time to practice this whole show. I asked our lighting engineer to light my feet for the beginning of "A View" so you could see the feet 3 pattern while we play in 23/16. It's not that it is that hard to sit and practice. It's hard to do for real when the live setting is so hard to deal with. I need to see which of the 3 foot "sounds" is on "one."”
So there’s hard confirmation of AVFTTOTW being a part of the show.

I figured AVFTTOTW was given already, considering the album and tour is based off of the song.  :biggrin:

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #379 on: January 24, 2022, 07:05:38 PM »
I think it'd be cool to see them kick off the show with the title track, but that's highly unlikely. We'll probably see that before the encore, as with all the other big epics they've done. "Awaken The Master" could also make a great opener.
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #380 on: January 24, 2022, 07:09:38 PM »
I think it'd be cool to see them kick off the show with the title track, but that's highly unlikely. We'll probably see that before the encore, as with all the other big epics they've done. "Awaken The Master" could also make a great opener.

I was wondering the same exact thought as well. It'd be fascinating a great left-turn for them to do that. I wouldn't mind it at all, and would actually welcome it as it would totally mess with the set predictions.  :lol

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #381 on: January 24, 2022, 08:57:27 PM »
Would be nice, but I don't think it will happen because of the tough vocal sections in that song. I doubt JL's gonna wanna go through something similar to what he suffered through performing TtT in full at all the 2017 shows.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #382 on: January 24, 2022, 09:15:32 PM »
Would be nice, but I don't think it will happen because of the tough vocal sections in that song. I doubt JL's gonna wanna go through something similar to what he suffered through performing TtT in full at all the 2017 shows.

I know this one is also very challenging vocally, but I'm rooting for Innocence Faded to return.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Kram

« Reply #383 on: January 25, 2022, 11:48:01 AM »
The Alien
The Glass Prison (please? Can it finally be time?)
Erotomania
Voices
Invisible Monster
Sleeping Giant
Only A Matter of Time
Bridges in the Sky
S2N
Surrender to Reason
Awaken the Master

Metropolis

Comes out to 127 min. I really appreciate how much DT varies their sets each tour. There isn’t even one song they play every single tour, so it’s always a fun surprise finding out what they decide to play.
I like this setlist

Offline Lowe2005

« Reply #384 on: January 25, 2022, 12:28:54 PM »
I think The Glass Prison has a decent chance because Myung mentioned it in that interview last year about difficult songs to play live. It seems like an odd inclusion in that list when the songs listed are ones he's played relatively recently plus the new title track.