Author Topic: DT collection  (Read 90131 times)

Offline TheSoylentMan

• Nothing ever happens on Mars
Re: DT collection
« Reply #315 on: July 03, 2023, 09:10:13 AM »
Very cool!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #316 on: July 05, 2023, 08:16:36 AM »
Today I found the contents of an envelope given to me and the 49 other "fan chanters" by Mike Portnoy that were part of the Systematic Chaos gang vocal bit that he initiated on his old forum. This was the tail end of my decade of living in NYC which allowed me to see a ton of cool DT and sideprojects related stuff in person. But this was such a highlight. Getting to be part (albeit a really really tiny one) still feels surreal 16 years later.

We weren't allowed to peek inside the envelope until we got in so it was pretty exciting. Again, not much of a collection thing perhaps but I thought it was worth a share :)

That's awesome!  I know a few other people/members here that were there, so I've seen these before.  So cool to be a part of that!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline efx

« Reply #317 on: July 05, 2023, 09:40:11 AM »
Thank you! Yeah, living in NYC 97-07 was a cool time to be a DT fan and of all the things I was privileged to experience from them
this was probably the most unique. I don't listen to the album
much but when any of those choir moments appear I can't help but smile to myself:)