Author Topic: DT filming in London  (Read 5950 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
DT filming in London
« on: February 19, 2020, 06:24:03 AM »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: DT filming in London
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 08:38:42 AM »
Assuming it's the same setlist? I'll pass on that purchase.

I already have all of SFAM on DVD, and a bunch of songs from it on other DVDs. Don't really yet another DVD of SFAM songs.

I'll check out some of it on youtube though. That should be enough for me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 08:42:31 AM »
Yeah, I have little to no interest in another live version of Scenes

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 08:49:01 AM »
Well, it's not that everyone who isn't inclined should buy it at all costs, but it's a new show. The songs are the same of course, but the stage is different and arguably bigger than Roseland, the animations are all new and there are minor differences here and there (mini drum solo in Fatal Tragedy, ending of Through Her Eyes and Finally Free). Granted, it's not that much but it's not that they're redoing the exact August 2000 show only 20 years later.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 09:20:56 AM »
I'm just hoping they do something different for the recording.  I will buy it as I love well done live releases on blu-ray, but I'm more interested in owning the first set they've been doing so if they change that up between the two nights (more than just swapping FitL/Paralyzed) then I will not just buy it, but I will actually really want it.  How about adding in some TA songs?  I'd love a TA album much more than this release if you are comparing to the standard DT set they've been doing.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 10:13:54 AM »
Assuming it's the same setlist? I'll pass on that purchase.

Likely the same with me.  The SFAM set isn't likely to improve on LSFNY, and the first set was fairly lackluster.  The handful of DOT songs isn't enough to get me exicited, but I'll reserve judgment until we know exactly what's on the DVD.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 10:27:15 AM »
Bring in Mikael Akerfeldt for a guest appearance for the growl part in A Nightmare!!!  :lol JLB did his best performing that section "his way", but it still sounded weird. The song was still my highlight of the concert, right next to the awesome drum solo in Finally Free. MM was really finally free to do whatever he liked during that outro, unlike on the Breaking The Fourth Wall DVD.

I will buy this release, even if the setlist contained a little too much D/T songs for my taste.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 10:35:51 AM »
Bring in Mikael Akerfeldt for a guest appearance for the growl part in A Nightmare!!!  :lol JLB did his best performing that section "his way", but it still sounded weird. The song was still my highlight of the concert, right next to the awesome drum solo in Finally Free. MM was really finally free to do whatever he liked during that outro, unlike on the Breaking The Fourth Wall DVD.

I will buy this release, even if the setlist contained a little too much D/T songs for my taste.

You do realize Mikael literally just got sick and can't sing  :lol

The SFAM set isn't likely to improve on LSFNY

Where it will improve is in video quality I would imagine.  I hardly ever watch my LSFNY DVD because it's not an easy watch.  Nothing will replace that show and live album, but I do think this release should vastly improve upon the actual video aspect of it without the annoying effects and full HD blu ray quality.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 10:52:04 AM »
I never had a problem with anything video-wise (or anything else from that release, for that matter).  But those who hated the graphic overlays will likely go full-on rage mode with a non-DT upcoming video release that MP has his hands in. 

Back on topic, the only slight criticism I have about LSFNY is the omission of some songs from the second set.  I don't mind that the keyboard solo and Another Day are bonus videos hidden on the audio release.  I wouldn't really visit them in video form anyway.  But I'm bummed that we don't get video of Metropolis Pt. I (other than some pieces of it on the doc), The Mirror, or Caught In A New Millennium.  Acid Rain would have been nice as well.  I had always hoped we would eventually get that through a Ytsejam release, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I do not anticipate a similar occurrence this time around.  We should get both sets in their entirety, as far as I know.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 10:57:39 AM »
Well you can't mean we will get both SFAM sets?  I'd imagine they plan on mixing both nights visually and using the audio from the better of the two nights.  Isn't that what they did with Live at Luna Park?  And if they did switch up songs, one set ends up as the bonus tracks. 

Totally agree about not getting the full set on video last time, I do wish those made their way out to the public.

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 10:58:22 AM »

Where it will improve is in video quality I would imagine.  I hardly ever watch my LSFNY DVD because it's not an easy watch.  Nothing will replace that show and live album, but I do think this release should vastly improve upon the actual video aspect of it without the annoying effects and full HD blu ray quality.
I'm sure yes, but I think it may improve in audio quality. IIRC, the DVD of Scenes had a Dolby stereo mix of 224 kbps or less, so not real full stereo (1536 kpbs). With this being a Bluray, you could go up to 96 kHz-24 bit stereo (4,xx Mbps). That will be worth it for me.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2020, 11:00:00 AM »
I never had a problem with anything video-wise (or anything else from that release, for that matter).  But those who hated the graphic overlays will likely go full-on rage mode with a non-DT upcoming video release that MP has his hands in. 

Back on topic, the only slight criticism I have about LSFNY is the omission of some songs from the second set. I don't mind that the keyboard solo and Another Day are bonus videos hidden on the audio release.  I wouldn't really visit them in video form anyway.  But I'm bummed that we don't get video of Metropolis Pt. I (other than some pieces of it on the doc), The Mirror, or Caught In A New Millennium.  Acid Rain would have been nice as well.  I had always hoped we would eventually get that through a Ytsejam release, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I do not anticipate a similar occurrence this time around.  We should get both sets in their entirety, as far as I know.
Your criticism is mine as well and I'm relieved we will get the entire show as well.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 11:02:14 AM »
Well you can't mean we will get both SFAM sets? 

No, not the entirety of both shows.  Just the entirety of set 1 and the entirety of set 2 (and the encore).  That is my assumption.  But I have not asked.  Working on other things at the moment.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2020, 11:11:22 AM »

No, not the entirety of both shows.  Just the entirety of set 1 and the entirety of set 2 (and the encore).  That is my assumption.  But I have not asked.  Working on other things at the moment.
as is mine (so the Luna Park treatment as it were, which I would favour actually). Sorry I was misunderstanding something.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2020, 11:12:11 AM »
I'm stoked for this release!  :metal
They skipped the Pacific Northwest on both legs of the U.S. tour and I really want to see this show, especially for the d/t material and the other gems in the first set. ANTR and ITPOE pt1 comes to mind.
It will also be cool to see all of Scenes and how the band presents it some 20 years later.

You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 11:13:06 AM »

Oh ok, yea I totally expect this, in fact I would be disappointed if they did not

I'm sure yes, but I think it may improve in audio quality. IIRC, the DVD of Scenes had a Dolby stereo mix of 224 kbps or less, so not real full stereo (1536 kpbs). With this being a Bluray, you could go up to 96 kHz-24 bit stereo (4,xx Mbps). That will be worth it for me.

Yea, I'd imagine the audio would be better but couldn't recall the sound of the DVD off my head since it's been so long since I watched.  I would imagine this could be improved upon, but sometimes audio isn't always better on newer releases.

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2020, 11:13:37 AM »
I'm stoked for this release!  :metal
They skipped the Pacific Northwest on both legs of the U.S. tour and I really want to see this show, especially for the d/t material and the other gems in the first set. ANTR and ITPOE pt1 comes to mind.
It will also be cool to see all of Scenes and how the band presents it some 20 years later.
evolved, I would guess.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2020, 11:40:54 AM »
Well you can't mean we will get both SFAM sets?  I'd imagine they plan on mixing both nights visually and using the audio from the better of the two nights. 
It would be funny if JP shaved his heard for the second night and still mixed both nights for the video and audio.
 He has a beard for one song and the next it's gone, and then it grows back immediately for the song after and disappears again.  "Scenes from a Beard"   :yarr
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2020, 11:45:47 AM »
 :lol it's already distracting enough when bands mix two shows and wear different outfits

Offline pg1067

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2020, 12:02:50 PM »
Well you can't mean we will get both SFAM sets?  I'd imagine they plan on mixing both nights visually and using the audio from the better of the two nights. 
It would be funny if JP shaved his heard for the second night and still mixed both nights for the video and audio.
 He has a beard for one song and the next it's gone, and then it grows back immediately for the song after and disappears again.  "Scenes from a Beard"   :yarr

Now THAT might get me to buy it!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2020, 12:08:44 PM »

Now, we all remember A Nightmare Of A Neckbeard, don't we? :D (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvAR3woX_qE)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2020, 12:14:08 PM »
Jordan and James should do the same thing.  And then in different shots, they should randomly digitally insert different beards onto different members. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2020, 12:37:01 PM »

Now, we all remember A Nightmare Of A Neckbeard, don't we? :D (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvAR3woX_qE)

"He was gonna give me $20 dollar bill, they might be the greatest band to ever live"  :lol
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2020, 12:59:08 PM »
Jordan and James should do the same thing.  And then in different shots, they should randomly digitally insert different beards onto different members.
Beards all around!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2020, 01:14:14 PM »
:rollin

Could you imagine Myung with a Rudess or Pretrucci beard!

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2020, 04:26:11 PM »
Part of the reason I want this album is because I can't find a Metropolis 2000 DVD for the US region; I can only find ones for EU/UK regions. Regardless of that, though, I loved the first half of the concert, so I'd be getting it for that alone.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2020, 12:34:35 AM »
I could be pretty interested in this (I suspect I will wind up buying it, since I've got the other DVDs).

How many songs off of Distance Over Time are getting played on this tour?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2020, 12:47:48 AM »
How many songs off of Distance Over Time are getting played on this tour?

6 in total, but only 5 each show.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Lowe2005

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2020, 06:08:14 AM »
Part of the reason I want this album is because I can't find a Metropolis 2000 DVD for the US region; I can only find ones for EU/UK regions. Regardless of that, though, I loved the first half of the concert, so I'd be getting it for that alone.

Really? We kept trying to get a Region 2 one and it took 3 tries and we have 2 spare Region 1 dvds.

Online faizoff

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2020, 06:36:46 AM »
I can't wait for the release, though I assume it's at least a year out from release. This tour was so much fun and the SFAM show was a joy to be there, hearing and seeing your favorite album being performed live start to finish with some updated visuals was fantastic. Sure there's LSFNY and that magic will never be recaptured, I just want  to relive the tour I went to with the additional songs that I wasn't able to see.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2020, 07:52:32 AM »
I can't wait for the release, though I assume it's at least a year out from release.
Well, 'Breaking The Fourth Wall' was recorded in March and released in September. So, it's possible you'll only need to wait for 6 months.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2020, 08:01:19 PM »
I am highly interested to see the stage production of Scenes, much more so than I have a desire to have another live recording of it. And i like DoT enough to see how those songs play live. I didn't get to see them this last tour. But with my limited time these days, and based on a few comments I've seen online, I highly doubt I will buy this, which will make it the first time I haven't bought a release of theirs since Once in a Livetime.

Wait, I didn't buy Chaos in Motion but that was garbage so I am not counting it.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2020, 08:57:54 PM »
To hear James had a tough night isn't making me feel good. I'd be fine with a release as is, but there will likely be tons of dubbing if that's the case.

Chris, you mention Chaos In Motion as garbage, but at least it's live. I can definitely appreciate that.

I literally cannot listen to LALP or BTFW because they basically sound like studio albums. I'd much rather listen to the boot to BTFW than the live CD.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2020, 09:06:34 PM »
Can't really argue with any of those three things. Though I am not a bootleg guy so can't speak to those.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2020, 09:11:47 PM »
Can't really argue with any of those three things. Though I am not a bootleg guy so can't speak to those.

Well, no biggie about being a bootleg guy, but after being familiar with the actual live recording of the show, and seeing it live, the official release sounds quite cheesy in spots.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol