Author Topic: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)  (Read 353942 times)

Offline nikatapi

Re: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)
« Reply #2905 on: August 16, 2021, 05:30:46 AM »
Ok having had the time to digest the new single, i'm still very much hyped for the album, mostly because i was hoping that MM would be going nuts on this and based on what i heard on The Alien, it's going to be what i asked for.

I wonder if Noxon would give us any more details about the songs now the single is out and we got the first taste. In terms of musical direction of the rest of the album and so on.

Offline dream75

« Reply #2906 on: August 16, 2021, 06:26:14 AM »

I wonder if Noxon would give us any more details about the songs now the single is out and we got the first taste. In terms of musical direction of the rest of the album and so on.

Noxon hasn't commented here for a week ...

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2907 on: August 16, 2021, 10:21:17 AM »

Perhaps after listening to the whole album it ended up being too much of an overload of information. Now he is recovering from a nervous breakdown?  🤪
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2908 on: August 16, 2021, 10:25:48 AM »
It's included in the Artbook version as well not just the deluxe boxset.

What does "the Artbook version" mean?

All I'm interested in is the album (on a CD) and the documentary.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2909 on: August 16, 2021, 10:30:59 AM »

2CD + Blu-ray in an album-sized book for about $50.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2910 on: August 16, 2021, 10:32:56 AM »

What's the second CD?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2911 on: August 16, 2021, 10:33:52 AM »

Artbook means where you get the album art in a vinyl size package without having to buy the vinyl. Plus, it comes with more artwork. If you are a fan of album art, then getting the Artbook is a good deal.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline dream75

« Reply #2912 on: August 16, 2021, 10:41:25 AM »

Perhaps after listening to the whole album it ended up being too much of an overload of information. Now he is recovering from a nervous breakdown?  🤪

Already a long time ago he listened to the album… Anyway until Friday he was fine

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2913 on: August 16, 2021, 10:41:53 AM »

What's the second CD?

Instrumental versions, I think.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2914 on: August 16, 2021, 12:16:36 PM »
I hope the bluray has graphics to all the songs like the single. 
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline dparrott

« Reply #2915 on: August 16, 2021, 02:09:38 PM »

Or it's so good he's speechless!  :-X
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline dream75

« Reply #2916 on: August 16, 2021, 03:13:19 PM »
Some more info probably within a few days  :coolio

Offline the_silent_man

« Reply #2917 on: August 16, 2021, 03:19:51 PM »
To confirm, is there no standard "cd size" version with the documentary?
Shame if that is the case, not interested in something as bulky as the artbook.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2918 on: August 16, 2021, 03:23:57 PM »
Same. I'll have to get the doc by...*other* means...

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2919 on: August 16, 2021, 04:40:53 PM »

What's the second CD?

Instrumental versions, I think.

Correct.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2920 on: August 16, 2021, 05:20:14 PM »
I just placed my pre-order for the artbook.

I am glad that Century Media included a digital download of the album along with the physical. I am guessing as a means if there arrives shipping delays, at least those of us whom ordered can still be able to listen to the album.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline evilasiojr

« Reply #2921 on: August 16, 2021, 06:09:41 PM »

I can't remember which, but in the description of the Blu-ray in one of the sites it said there were visuals!

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #2922 on: August 16, 2021, 06:46:59 PM »

I know this is a nitpick but this is what actually bugged me (well...disappointed me) about the LTE3 bluray. The promo videos they released featured visuals along with footage of the guys playing throughout most or all of the 3 singles' videos. I get the bluray and none of those videos are included. With the exception of the two duets, it's mostly visuals with an occasional shot of a band member here and there. I think the only shot of JP in the bluray version of "Beating The Odds" is the intro riff and then strictly visuals for the rest of the song.  :huh:
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline jayvee3

« Reply #2923 on: August 16, 2021, 11:58:08 PM »
I’m in Australia and preordered from JB hi fi. Seems to be 4 different versions with solid descriptions. I’m sure it’s all the same but certainly made my life easy to order and the descriptions seemed pretty clear what was included in each if there was any previous confusion…

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/collections/dream-theater-a-view-from-the-top-of-the-world

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2924 on: August 17, 2021, 12:39:34 AM »
I’m in Australia and preordered from JB hi fi. Seems to be 4 different versions with solid descriptions. I’m sure it’s all the same but certainly made my life easy to order and the descriptions seemed pretty clear what was included in each if there was any previous confusion…

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/collections/dream-theater-a-view-from-the-top-of-the-world

Good old reliable JB.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jayvee3

« Reply #2925 on: August 17, 2021, 12:58:53 AM »

Good old reliable JB.

Like the Bunnings of all Aussie Hi Fi needs  ;) ;D

Offline jayvee3

« Reply #2926 on: August 17, 2021, 01:33:12 AM »
Could be absolutely nothing or my phone just playing silly buggers, but noticed today when I went into Apple Music, that when clicking on the new album, “The Alien” and “Answering the call” both had the little download icon to the right of them (no other tracks did). You obviously can’t download Answering the Call and its title isn’t highlighted like the Alien, but it could potentially point to Answering the Call being the next single. Take that with a grain of salt though, as it may also just point to my phone needing an update…

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #2927 on: August 17, 2021, 01:51:16 AM »
Yes the rest of the songs were not listed before on the album, only The Alien. Maybe it was a bug.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2928 on: August 17, 2021, 09:34:26 AM »
Could be absolutely nothing or my phone just playing silly buggers, but noticed today when I went into Apple Music, that when clicking on the new album, “The Alien” and “Answering the call” both had the little download icon to the right of them (no other tracks did). You obviously can’t download Answering the Call and its title isn’t highlighted like the Alien, but it could potentially point to Answering the Call being the next single. Take that with a grain of salt though, as it may also just point to my phone needing an update…

I think it was just a bug, mine only lists The Alien as available.

BUT... I think they're going to pull a Distance Over Time and release the first 3 tracks as singles again.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #2929 on: August 17, 2021, 10:27:44 AM »

I know this is a nitpick but this is what actually bugged me (well...disappointed me) about the LTE3 bluray. The promo videos they released featured visuals along with footage of the guys playing throughout most or all of the 3 singles' videos. I get the bluray and none of those videos are included. With the exception of the two duets, it's mostly visuals with an occasional shot of a band member here and there. I think the only shot of JP in the bluray version of "Beating The Odds" is the intro riff and then strictly visuals for the rest of the song.  :huh:
I believe there is a hidden track on the bluray that is just them playing "Ya Mon" like in studio.

Offline sfam2112

« Reply #2930 on: August 17, 2021, 10:57:03 AM »
I believe there is a hidden track on the bluray that is just them playing "Ya Mon" like in studio.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Seems obvious now but I didn't catch it before.
Yeah. I would've liked more of that in-studio footage with the main songs. But, I digest.
My music:

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #2931 on: August 17, 2021, 02:52:20 PM »
If the box sets included the individual instrumental stems, I would have bought every box set for the last several album cycles.  But DT dispatched with that feature, except for the occasional lone track.  I'm going with the artbook, but also remember that the artbook tends to have publishing delays.  I may just have to be patient again. 

EDIT:  The artbook comes with the digital download (which I don't recall that being the case with Distance Over Time, but maybe I'm wrong about that).  Anyway - including the digital download is good!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 03:20:28 PM by RaiseTheKnife »

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2932 on: August 17, 2021, 03:21:16 PM »
I'll only order the deluxe box set if it includes footage of them terraforming other planets.

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
« Reply #2933 on: August 17, 2021, 03:34:22 PM »
I'll only order the deluxe box set if it includes footage of them terraforming other planets.

What if Dream Theater reveals that the deluxe box set includes footage of them terraforming only one planet?  ;)

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2934 on: August 17, 2021, 03:35:57 PM »

What if Dream Theater reveals that the deluxe box set includes footage of them terraforming only one planet?  ;)

And what if they're only terraforming Uranus?  :o

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2935 on: August 17, 2021, 03:48:08 PM »

Yessir, and it is a treat.   LOVE watching that.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2936 on: August 17, 2021, 04:31:54 PM »

-Marc.

Yikes!

Offline sfam2112

« Reply #2937 on: August 17, 2021, 05:11:38 PM »

-Marc.

Well, I mean, I consider myself a fairly open minded person. But I gotta draw the line somewhere. Wait, what were we talking about? 😳
My music:

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #2938 on: August 18, 2021, 06:33:10 AM »
I stopped ordering the deluxe box sets from Dream Theater with The Astonishing. I really only use the vinyl and those box sets include a bunch of stuff I have no use for. A beanie? A keychain? A certificate that this box set is real?  :lol I'll stick to one of the colored vinyl editions.

Talking of those: is it possible that the label and the band sat down together and talked about what the most boring colors for limited vinyl editions would be? Olive green, brown, grey and a washed out orange? DT is the biggest active prog band (okay, not counting Tool or Muse), why do smaller bands always manage to have better layout and design for their releases  :huh:
any rock can be made to roll

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #2939 on: August 18, 2021, 06:51:16 AM »
A certificate that this box set is real?  :lol

Well, that's needed because bootleggers can counterfeit an entire box set, but they will never, ever get their hand on a certificate so that's the only proof that it's real  :biggrin:

(Kiddin' aside, I assume that collectors like that kind of detail.....)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!