Author Topic: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)  (Read 353985 times)

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
Re: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)
« Reply #2275 on: July 28, 2021, 09:30:23 AM »
as is said above, the cover is like Black Clouds and reminds me of Awake as well, but then in a better world. Anger and agression seems to have fade away, were the voids are filled with energy and joy. I truly like the artwork, wonderful beautiful (as is whole Norway) and it’s like a gift already. The songtitles got my attention totally. Honestly, can’t wait. This might be an superb record.
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2276 on: July 28, 2021, 09:32:06 AM »
“ The empty shoes symbolise Mike Portnoy missing from the band !!!!!”

🤣 🤣.

Offline LordJordan

« Reply #2277 on: July 28, 2021, 09:41:35 AM »
“ The empty shoes symbolise Mike Portnoy missing from the band !!!!!”

🤣 🤣.

And the red ball the size of... better stop here
"Step after step, we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living it has become too late."

Former ItalianVoices member (I see you others)

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2278 on: July 28, 2021, 09:42:41 AM »
The Picture With the boy holding his head and ears, crouching down in the desolate room, looks like it could be the liner artwork for Invisible Monster.

Looks like he's in the same room with the Unteathered Angel girl.  However, he looks teathered while she's content.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2279 on: July 28, 2021, 09:44:12 AM »
The Picture With the boy holding his head and ears, crouching down in the desolate room, looks like it could be the liner artwork for Invisible Monster.

Looks like he's in the same room with the Unteathered Angel girl.  However, he looks teathered while she's content.

Also, I love the DT Tour stickers on the luggage case under the bed, where a monster also hides.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2280 on: July 28, 2021, 09:46:03 AM »
I like the track names and album title.  The artwork is too similar to some of the recent DT albums for me to really enjoy it.  None of that means anything though, it's all about the music.  The small number of tracks with longer songs reminds me of BC&SL which I really enjoyed so I don't think that bothers me too much.  Looking forward to hearing the first single.  :metal :metal

Offline |KirK|

• DT Addicted
  • Seize The Day
« Reply #2281 on: July 28, 2021, 09:51:53 AM »
I'm pretty excited! I have good vibes about the titles and the length.
It looks like there's some sort of connection between all the covers from ADTOE to this.
I hope we won't have to wait too much for the single to be released!!! ;D

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #2282 on: July 28, 2021, 09:56:36 AM »
Has anyone else noticed the spider over one of the boots in the cover artwork? Is it me or was it very badly photoshopped in? Look at its legs.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #2283 on: July 28, 2021, 09:57:11 AM »
Oh, cool, I didn't even realize they had an album for this year. I like the colour scheme of the artwork.

Offline rab7

« Reply #2284 on: July 28, 2021, 09:58:43 AM »
Holy shit the monster under the bed is terrifying. Also kinda looks like Jordan

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2285 on: July 28, 2021, 10:02:14 AM »
Has anyone else noticed the spider over one of the boots in the cover artwork? Is it me or was it very badly photoshopped in? Look at its legs.

The spider appears in several of the other pieces of artwork. I wonder what it represents in relation to the band and/or the album.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline BlacklistJones

« Reply #2286 on: July 28, 2021, 10:05:10 AM »
Now I'm interested to see who wrote the lyrics for each song. There's got to be a JLB and JM lyric there, maybe MM wrote one too.

I really liked the lyrical distribution for DOT, so I'm somewhat hoping it stays like that.

I also love the album title, and can't wait to hear the title track. It has a Genesis vibe to the name, so I am hoping for some inspiring prog.

Album cover, title, tracklisting all aside - as a die-hard fanatic like most of you, I am just incredibly happy to have a new Dream Theater record to look forward to.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 10:12:13 AM by BlacklistJones »

Offline lightbug

« Reply #2287 on: July 28, 2021, 10:14:38 AM »

That clown (?) under the bed is hilarious rather than scary. What's really scary is the lack of 3D perspective  :biggrin:

I really like these two, the green-ish tone fits so well:

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #2288 on: July 28, 2021, 10:17:26 AM »
I like the cover ok, not great, not terrible. Serviceable is maybe the word.   :)

I’m intrigued to read this part though:
With LaBrie in Canada, he initially wrote with the band via ZOOM on a monitor in DTHQ. In March 2021, he flew down to New York, quarantined, and recorded his vocals face-to-face with Petrucci.

I haven’t been the biggest fan of the vocal production on the last few. Too processed sounding for my taste, and I was thinking it might have been because they were recorded remotely. It will be cool to hear how they sound, knowing that JLB was recording in the same studio as the rest of the guys.

This is going to be a long 3 months.

Offline IgnotusPerIgnotium

« Reply #2289 on: July 28, 2021, 10:19:42 AM »
The real surprise was that Jimmy T is now promoted to a producer alongside with JP..I didn't see that coming. Even if he's name is there just for the credits it's a big deal to be in a DT record.

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #2290 on: July 28, 2021, 10:37:09 AM »
Titles and images are meh for me. Nothing original or exciting.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 10:50:47 AM by SeRoX »
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2291 on: July 28, 2021, 10:44:46 AM »
The album cover looks like more Colorforms fun.

October 22nd? Seems like a long way off.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2292 on: July 28, 2021, 10:46:54 AM »
Titles and images are meh for me. Nothing original or exiting.

But is it entering? 🤔

The real surprise was that Jimmy T is now promoted to a producer alongside with JP..I didn't see that coming. Even if he's name is there just for the credits it's a big deal to be in a DT record.

That is certainly intriguing. I wonder how active he was in the song production?

-Marc.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #2293 on: July 28, 2021, 10:47:12 AM »
I think this has more to do with Jimmy helping DT to shape the sound quality of the album than him making opinions on songs arrangements.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Ayeegit

« Reply #2294 on: July 28, 2021, 10:47:42 AM »

That clown (?) under the bed is hilarious rather than scary. What's really scary is the lack of 3D perspective  :biggrin:

Is that Leatherface (from the Texas Chainsaw movies) in the picture on the wall!? If it's not, it's darn similar...

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2295 on: July 28, 2021, 10:51:46 AM »
Titles and images are meh for me. Nothing original or exiting.

Yeah, not sure how you put a picture of an existing rock formation on the front of an album and call it art.  Seems kinda lazy to me.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #2296 on: July 28, 2021, 10:53:54 AM »

Is that Leatherface (from the Texas Chainsaw movies) in the picture on the wall!? If it's not, it's darn similar...

No and no.
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #2297 on: July 28, 2021, 10:54:11 AM »
I could be reaching here, but after seeing the artwork for the individual songs on the album, I'm starting to think the pictures in the teaser videos which, obviously, represented songs from DT's back catalogue, were supposed to be thematically similar to the songs from the new album. The Dark Eternal Night being similar to Invisible Monster. Bridges in the Sky, Peruvian Skies, and Heaven's Cove being similar AVFTTOTW. Afterlife possibly being similar to The Alien. I'm not saying musically similar, just thematically similar in the imagery of the song titles and/or lyrical content. Not sure what that spider is supposed to represent, but it can't be a coincidence that one of the teaser images was for Caught in a Web.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2298 on: July 28, 2021, 10:56:53 AM »
DT's album art has almost been universally bad, not sure what y'all were expecting :P

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2299 on: July 28, 2021, 11:01:25 AM »
DT's album art has almost been universally bad, not sure what y'all were expecting :P

Yeah, it's been pretty bad.  It doesn't bother me too much though.  It's not like back in the day where you would browse the CDs and the artwork might actually get you to buy an album.  I only really care about the music, having nice artwork is just a bonus these days.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #2300 on: July 28, 2021, 11:04:51 AM »
I love, love, LOVE all of it. Great cover...great images...very excited :biggrin:

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #2301 on: July 28, 2021, 11:06:07 AM »
Most bands these days make pretty much zero effort with the artwork at all, never mind commissioning separate art work for each individual song.  I always appreciate having all the artwork to look at when listening to the album and, whilst I am absolutely no art critic whatsoever, I usually find it to be pretty decent.  I totally appreciate DT making the effort even if it’s not as perfect as some would like.

• EB
« Reply #2302 on: July 28, 2021, 11:06:24 AM »
I suppose if there was going to be a bonus edition with a behind the scenes making of documentary they would have announced that too right?
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2303 on: July 28, 2021, 11:07:57 AM »
I suppose if there was going to be a bonus edition with a behind the scenes making of documentary they would have announced that too right?

They probably won't announce album formats until preorders are almost ready to happen, and I don't believe a date has been announced for preorders yet.

-Marc.

• EB
« Reply #2304 on: July 28, 2021, 11:09:16 AM »

They probably won't announce album formats until preorders are almost ready to happen, and I don't believe a date has been announced for preorders yet.

-Marc.
Good point.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2305 on: July 28, 2021, 11:09:59 AM »

-Marc.

On that note, has anyone seen a date for the first single release?

• EB
« Reply #2306 on: July 28, 2021, 11:11:39 AM »

-Marc.

On that note, has anyone seen a date for the first single release?
Not yet. We can try to bully Noxon into telling us.

lolz jknoxonweloveyou :heart

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #2307 on: July 28, 2021, 11:12:21 AM »
I am still very excited for the album, but I wasn't expecting late October :S. Oh well. And considering that we kinda already knew a lot of info, today's announcement with no single was a bit... meh? *insert Yoda saying Patience xD*

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #2308 on: July 28, 2021, 11:16:32 AM »
I got my ticket for the Toronto show!!!

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #2309 on: July 28, 2021, 11:17:34 AM »
I can't make the show near me, but so excited for the new record!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - NOW AVAILABLE!

Order at www.roadstomadness.com/book.html!