Author Topic: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)  (Read 359035 times)

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
Is it possible that they are testing the waters to see what kind of response will be before officially announcing?
So if they think there is negativity, then no album?  And we just get idk....TA in its entirety for the tour... ;)

I highly doubt they'd ever do it again, but if they did do another concert that featured the entirety of The Astonishing, I'd go see it.

Offline geeeemo

Is it possible that they are testing the waters to see what kind of response will be before officially announcing?
So if they think there is negativity, then no album?  And we just get idk....TA in its entirety for the tour... ;)

I highly doubt they'd ever do it again, but if they did do another concert that featured the entirety of The Astonishing, I'd go see it.
For sure!!

Offline Setlist Scotty

Feel like telling SINCE WHEN you know? just to know how the promotion machine works and how long in advance things are being set up....

We started working on it early April…

Wow! that early? I would have said June or so!
I don't think it's that early when you consider that they started mixing at the beginning of April. So it would just be the minor details that would change at that point. By then all the music and lyrics were basically set in stone and I'm sure JP was already formulating with Hugh regarding the artwork/packaging. So at that point it would make sense to bring Kim into the picture to start working out the reveal and other promotional ideas.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Peter Mc

"To stretch beyond our limits
To blaze a brand new trail
Bold enough to conquer
Brave enough to fail"

Lyrics to the epic title track? Any guesses on who wrote them? Also, I'll be surprised if this isn't the main album cover, or at least, a special edition cover. I like that they included a "15" on there as well.

-Marc.

The lyrics sound like JP when he’s trying to sound like Neil Peart, which is no bad thing.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
I wonder what time they’re planning the announcement for? 🤔

I must say, I’m more excited than I’ve been in a while!
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released through my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios
www.starcommandstudios.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So, Dream Theater is going to announce a tour tomorrow ....that tickets went on sale for today?

I get that they've put an awful lot of thought into the videos and such, but the last couple of album announcements and seemed like they there is absolutely zero coordination going on.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline geeeemo

So, Dream Theater is going to announce a tour tomorrow ....that tickets went on sale for today?

I get that they've put an awful lot of thought into the videos and such, but the last couple of album announcements and seemed like they there is absolutely zero coordination going on.
Dream Theater is my favorite band ever..But since I have been a fan, been to 7 concerts and hopefully 3 more now, the ticket buying experience and planning has been not good. Any other concert I want to go, I get an announcement a few days before the tickets go on sale, get the codes easily, and buy tickets. Every concert for DT feels like struggle with the tickets. Like boom! They are on sale. Granted we got 1 day notice this time, but it was weird..it can't be that hard.

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
It's the 28th of july, it's the 28th of july, it's the 28th of july. So exited, gonna stay tuned all day.
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
It's the 28th of july, it's the 28th of july, it's the 28th of july. So exited, gonna stay tuned all day.

I don't frequent DTF nearly as often as I used to, but now is the time I check back 15 times a day. :caffeine:

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
Twitching with anticipation over here!  :biggrin:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
You know what kind of thread I'll be starting when we have the album cover confirmed.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline nikatapi

Even though i'm super excited, we probably won't get a single today, and i'm dying to hear at least a sample  :metal

Also it now occurred to me that both the viewmaster and the binoculars are part of the "view" theme of the supposed title.
Seems like some kind of diorama/viewmaster in the special edition will be a no-brainer for this.

I'd love a view master slide of Mangini's kit in 3D :metal

Offline IDontNotDoThings

Also it now occurred to me that both the viewmaster and the binoculars are part of the "view" theme of the supposed title.
Seems like some kind of diorama/viewmaster in the special edition will be a no-brainer for this.

Falling Into Infinity 2 confirmed
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline MirrorMask

Even though i'm super excited, we probably won't get a single today, and i'm dying to hear at least a sample  :metal

I can live without a single, but after all the hints and "all will be revealed", I'm fully expecting an album title, tracklist and cover art + release date announcement today!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Wim Kruithof

What do you mean by this? Confuses me…

Offline IDontNotDoThings

What do you mean by this? Confuses me…

The album cover has binoculars
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
Geez, what are you waiting for?!? It's already July 28th. You owe me the announcement!
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Mladen

You know what kind of thread I'll be starting when we have the album cover confirmed.
That will be a day.

Oh wait, today is the day.  ;D

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
Geez, what are you waiting for?!? It's already July 28th. You owe me the announcement!

It's 5:00 AM on July 28th... But they haven't announced it yet...... They're never gonna announce the album, all hope is lost!!  :'(  :'(  :'(

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?

It's 5:00 AM on July 28th... But they haven't announced it yet...... They're never gonna announce the album, all hope is lost!!  :'(  :'(  :'(
Yeah, come on DT! I need to go to bed at some point!  :biggrin:

Offline Wim Kruithof

The album cover has binoculars

oh of course, logical. But now the better version with Dream Theater artwork.

Offline Architeuthis

Well I'm on the west coast and it's only 2:27 am.   They'll probably wait until 6:00 on a christmas morning to release any info.   :chill
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline LordJordan

Hard times at 12 pm here in Italy. By July 28th I mean at least 4 hours ago... and still 4 more to go, I guess  >:(
"Step after step, we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living it has become too late."

Former ItalianVoices member (I see you others)

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
Based on previous experience stuff happens at 11am ET/4pm BST

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
I’m guessing around 4-5pm GMT.

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit

It's coming out at 3:00pm UK time according to Noxon.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member

That makes sense, since most presale tickets start today, The announcement is made an hour before tickets go on sale.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline LordJordan

So 155 minutes from now.
I'm relaxed.
154 while writing.
I'm more relaxed than I was 1 minute ago.
"Step after step, we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living it has become too late."

Offline Shadow2222

So excited! I bought tickets for the tour yesterday and am ready for album news today!
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Kocak

This post on Reddit made me laugh.  ;D ;D

Offline Mladen

Ooh, half an hour to go then!  :metal

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)

Ooh, half an hour to go then!  :metal
Nice!

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
This post on Reddit made me laugh.  ;D ;D

:lol :lol
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline LordJordan

Tweet from InsideOut account: name of the album confirmed!  :metal :metal

Edit: tracklist out as well! Some great guessings have been done here  :lol

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit

DREAM THEATER RETURN WITH 'A VIEW FROM THE TOP OF THE WORLD' , THEIR 15th STUDIO ALBUM SCHEDULED FOR WORLDWIDE RELEASE ON OCTOBER 22nd
Two-time GRAMMY-nominated and millions-selling progressive music titans Dream Theater announce the forthcoming worldwide release of their 15th studio album, A View From The Top Of The World on October 22nd. A View From The Top OF The World is Dream Theater at its musical finest expanding on the sound they helped create while maintaining the elements that have garnered them devoted fans around the globe. The 7-song album also marks the second studio album with InsideOutMusic / Sony Music. The artwork was created by long-time cover collaborator Hugh Syme (Rush, Iron Maiden, Stone Sour). A View From The Top Of The World was produced by John Petrucci, engineered and additional production by James “Jimmy T” Meslin and mixed/mastered by Andy Sneap.
Dream Theater – comprised of James LaBrie, John Petrucci, Jordan Rudess, John Myung and Mike Mangini - was in the middle of a sold-out world tour in support of their last release Distance Over Time and the 20th anniversary of Scenes From A Memory when a Global Pandemic brought the world to a stop. The musicians found themselves at home with LaBrie in Canada and the rest of the group in the States. As fate would have it, they’d just finished construction on DTHQ (Dream Theater Headquarters) —a combination live recording studio, rehearsal space, control room, equipment storage, and creative hive. With LaBrie in Canada, he initially wrote with the band via ZOOM on a monitor in DTHQ. In March 2021, he flew down to New York, quarantined, and recorded his vocals face-to-face with Petrucci. The album ultimately threaded together lean and uncompromising hooks with tried-and-true technical proficiency.
“We just love to play our instruments,” observes Petrucci. “That never goes away. I love to be creative, write, and exercise that part of my mind. We’ve been able to do this for a long time, and we don’t take it for granted. Whenever we get together, we know we can’t disappoint ourselves or our fans, so we manage to try even harder.”
“We approach every album like it’s our first,” adds LaBrie. “It’s been such a great ride, but we’re not going to stop.”
The track listing for A View From The Top Of The World is:
1) The Alien (9:32)
2) Answering The Call (7:35)
3) Invisible Monster (6:31)
4) Sleeping Giant (10:05)
5) Transcending Time (6:25)
6) Awaken The Master (9:47)
7) A View From The Top Of The World (20:24)
Dream Theater is also planning to hit the road in support of the new album. The Top Of The World Tour of North America kicks off on October 28th in Mesa, AZ and runs through December 14th where it concludes in St. Petersburg, FL. The tour will make stops in Seattle, WA; Chicago, IL; Washington, DC; New York, NY and Orlando, FL among others. Information on tickets for all upcoming shows as well as VIP packages can be found at www.dreamtheater.net.