Author Topic: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)  (Read 358331 times)

Offline Mladen

I assume that we are getting the official information in about twenty minutes...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well if Noxon is taking it seriously…

Yup. That's all the confirmation I need. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline the_silent_man

I assume that we are getting the official information in about twenty minutes...

Why do you say that?

Offline Mladen

It's just an assumption. Many bands release information around 5PM on Fridays. It seems that the album name might have leaked, and the fact that Noxon isn't confuting (is that the correct word?) the rumour makes me think it's true. If the announcement were to happen on Monday, maybe Noxon would lay low for a day or two, but if the announcement is minutes away, he might as well post something vague.

I hope that it is fair to read into your posts that way, Noxon. Hopefully bosk isn't coming after us.  ;D

Offline The Letter M

Guess not?  :lol

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline the_silent_man

They literally just made an announcement for another LNF archives. Not sure if this will affect the chances of anything else coming today...

Offline Mladen

Guess not?  :lol

-Marc.
Wait for it.  :P  :lol

Good point about the LNF archives, though. Maybe they do not want to put out two announcements on a single day.

Offline Astrogildson

They literally just made an announcement for another LNF archives. Not sure if this will affect the chances of anything else coming today...

Agreed. Don't think they're going to release title/tracklist today... Hope I'm wrong.

Offline evilasiojr

I think we'll only have the final video today, with TA and DoT, a better look at the cover and maybe a short snippet.

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
AVFTTOTW

Another Vapid Fuqstik Tried To Oppose The Weymolith
 :xbones :yarr :metal

As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Perfect!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Agreed. Don't think they're going to release title/tracklist today... Hope I'm wrong.

What a horrible, HORRIBLE avatar. Can you change it please? I'm offended.

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow

What a horrible, HORRIBLE avatar. Can you change it please? I'm offended.

Cheirinho detected (Palmeirense aqui XD)

Offline w_marano

• : never give up, it's such a wonderful life :
All will be revealed July 28th!

https://fb.watch/6WH-OefS-v/

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
All will be revealed July 28th!

https://fb.watch/6WH-OefS-v/

:metal

So assuming July 28th announcement, and maybe July 30th for a single with a late September or early October album release.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online gborland

Don't like the drum sound in that clip.
Graham Borland

Offline LordJordan

Time to make serious reasoning on those emojis...
A view from the top of the world seems confirmed from the last three of them
"Step after step, we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living it has become too late."

Former ItalianVoices member (I see you others)

Offline gzarruk

So, no more tracks, which means this album is about the same lenght of TOT and DT12.

... and we also kind of got the album title spoiled anyway :biggrin:
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train

Me neither, I can't believe they thought hard-cutting the snare hits mid-reverb was a good idea! I bet the whole album will be like that!

...I'll wait for more than 1 second of drums to form an opinion.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline The Letter M

Alright. How can we match these -
👽🤙📞🕶🧟‍♂️💤💆🏻‍♂️🧍🏻‍♂️⌛️⏳⏰🚨🧛🏻‍♂️👁🧗‍♂️🌎
To these -
TA 09:32
ATC 07:35
IM 06:02
SG 10:05
TT 6:25
ATM 9:47
AVFTTOTW 20:24

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline gzarruk

To these -

-Marc.

TA = The Alien? :eek
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline MirrorMask

Well, I guess it's really The Alien... and the last three icons mean A View from the Top of the World (if that's also the album title, remains to be seen...)

Now we have to guess the other icons having ruled out the beginning and the end!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Madman Shepherd

Me neither, I can't believe they thought hard-cutting the snare hits mid-reverb was a good idea! I bet the whole album will be like that!

...I'll wait for more than 1 second of drums to form an opinion.

That 1 second just doesnt have any *feel* though

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
Assuming the two hourglasses are for the "TT" track, I think maybe that one's "Time Travel", or "Time Traveller", or something like that.

Offline CirclesSquared

ATC - A Telephone Call
IM - Image Monster  :D
SG - Sleeping Giant

Offline YouMakeMeSick

To these -

-Marc.

ATC= Answer The Call?

Edit: A Telephone Call makes more sense.
The owls are not what they seem...

Offline evilasiojr

I think Answer the Call, Sleeping Giant and Time Traveler are good guesses.

Offline gzarruk

Assuming the two hourglasses are for the "TT" track, I think maybe that one's "Time Travel", or "Time Traveller", or something like that.

Definitely Take (the) Time

Offline Revenge319

OH, YEAH, BABY. IMAGES AND WORDS REIMAGINED. KEVIN MOORE CONFIRMED

Most important: will they sell these red plastic look-through-thingies from the videos? I need one of those.

Offline The Letter M

It's actually the sequel to "Take The Time" titled "Time Taken".

-Marc.

Offline geeeemo

Where did the icons come from?? Did I miss this in the video? I am pretty lame at this stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised.  :blush

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
IM - invisible monster.
Those glasses are the classic presentation of the Invisible Man.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
To these -

-Marc.

ATC= Answer The Call?

Edit: A Telephone Call makes more sense.
Answer the Call is my bet  :tup
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Revenge319

I remember thinking some of the song titles on Distance Over Time were weird and unusual for what Dream Theater's song titles are usually like. If these emotes and song title guesses are anything to go by, this album could end up having even weirder names! Not that I consider it a bad thing, it just might take some getting used to them.