Author Topic: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)  (Read 346438 times)

Offline gzarruk

Re: DT15 in progress. Photo and video shoots in May (Timeline for DT15)
« Reply #1295 on: May 09, 2021, 09:53:36 PM »
MM on Facebook:

I opened up a zillion Private, 1 on 1 Slots for this TH, May 13. It is a tight week as I thought it would be. I could open SAT. I will post again tomorrow about that. I definitely can't host any classes the following week either.

The week of May 23 is looking OK. I'll know in a couple of days so interested people can plan.

Reading between the lines, DT activities (photo and video shoots) will most likely last around a week, starting around the 17th.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #1296 on: May 10, 2021, 06:54:46 AM »
MM on Facebook:

I opened up a zillion Private, 1 on 1 Slots for this TH, May 13. It is a tight week as I thought it would be. I could open SAT. I will post again tomorrow about that. I definitely can't host any classes the following week either.

The week of May 23 is looking OK. I'll know in a couple of days so interested people can plan.

Reading between the lines, DT activities (photo and video shoots) will most likely last around a week, starting around the 17th.
yes, seems likely. I'll add it when it's confirmed (by way of pictures and things)
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #1297 on: May 15, 2021, 07:16:12 PM »
Is this the correct thread? Jordan just announced during his concert that DT will probably start touring sometime in Sept, Oct. (Now can't remember if he said Sept, Oct., or Oct Nov)I think the former though. :metal 

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1298 on: May 15, 2021, 09:54:00 PM »
Is this the correct thread? Jordan just announced during his concert that DT will probably start touring sometime in Sept, Oct. (Now can't remember if he said Sept, Oct., or Oct Nov)I think the former though. :metal

Yeah! Hopefully this speeds up the process for DT15 :metal

The tour will most likely be US/Canada only, though, but it's something.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1299 on: May 17, 2021, 10:02:23 PM »
Maddi on Instagram: Location shoot day. (https://www.instagram.com/p/CO-0hqPMhtL/?utm_medium=copy_link)

Offline dream75

« Reply #1300 on: May 18, 2021, 12:29:12 PM »
Would this be the location of the new single video?

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #1301 on: May 18, 2021, 01:38:38 PM »
I would guess so, but I'm not sure (and how can I be?)
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1302 on: May 18, 2021, 03:08:03 PM »

If that it would be a scenery never used before by a metal band....  ::)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #1303 on: May 18, 2021, 07:58:19 PM »

Is there still a scenario left unused by a metal band before?   

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1304 on: May 18, 2021, 08:02:24 PM »

Sure..

I mean, it's possible Winger made a video there..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #1305 on: May 18, 2021, 08:26:05 PM »

Sure..

:lol

It is not possible that a glam band did not use this obviously suitable scenario.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1306 on: May 19, 2021, 02:18:40 PM »

Sure..

:lol

It is not possible that a glam band did not use this obviously suitable scenario.

"She's only 17 (inches tall)
Store Clerk says the doll's small, but it's big enough for me"

Yep... having met Kip, I can see him singing that through a COVID mask while hanging on from the outside elevator.  A life sized Stewart pressing the button...

I say this as a fan of the band.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline the_silent_man

« Reply #1307 on: May 21, 2021, 05:34:53 AM »
Kinda starting to crave some updates on this!

Not heard much from the band lately, except the supposed photo shoot / video for 1st single?

Given the indicated late September / October release, what's everyone's estimate on when we'll start getting some concrete info?
I'm guessing we're probably still a month away from getting any announcement on title/art/tracklist - guessing late June/early July
I think late July/early August we'll see the first single

What does everyone think?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1308 on: May 21, 2021, 05:49:17 AM »
Album September 20 something

First single June.

Second Single August / Full Album details.

Given how poorly TA was received i'm not expecting a double or a concept ever again.

Thinking at most 9 actual TRACKS and around 65-70 mins of music. As besides TA - every Mangini album has had 9 songs around 60-75 mins total.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1309 on: May 21, 2021, 07:09:05 AM »
I’m gonna guess first single early July. Album release early October. Album will have 8 tracks and run 65-70 minutes.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #1310 on: May 21, 2021, 07:53:26 AM »
I’m gonna guess first single early July. Album release early October. Album will have 8 tracks and run 65-70 minutes.

I’m with this. The first single will probably be out after June 25. Which is when the Live at Budokan 2017 is coming out. They probably out that out so far so they do it with the. We album releases in succession. We may get the album title, artwork, track titles earlier in June, though.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1311 on: May 21, 2021, 09:21:04 AM »
They probably out that out so far so they do it with the. We album releases in succession.

.... ??? ??? ???
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #1312 on: May 21, 2021, 10:36:29 AM »
JP's Guitar Universe is July 27-31. I wonder how that will factor in.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1313 on: May 21, 2021, 10:39:34 AM »
I'm hoping for/expecting a little teaser, like they did for LTE and Transatlantic, around the start of June, and then the proper album announcement a week or two after that, then the first single one or two weeks after, with pre-orders. Expecting the album to drop mid to late September.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1314 on: May 21, 2021, 11:22:33 AM »

I’m with this. The first single will probably be out after June 25. Which is when the Live at Budokan 2017 is coming out.
I'm assuming that the Budokon 2017 release is for audio cd/digital download only.  Does anyone know if there is a live dvd as part of the package too?
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1315 on: May 21, 2021, 11:55:56 AM »

I’m with this. The first single will probably be out after June 25. Which is when the Live at Budokan 2017 is coming out.
I'm assuming that the Budokon 2017 release is for audio cd/digital download only.  Does anyone know if there is a live dvd as part of the package too?

No video, just audio.

Offline IgnotusPerIgnotium

« Reply #1316 on: May 21, 2021, 12:27:49 PM »
We got a release month (September) but I wonder how far ahead would be a date of actually touring the record and at what length, considering that the rest of the world will eventually open up but in different stages in time.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #1317 on: May 21, 2021, 12:42:30 PM »
During his concert last Saturday, JR announced they would tour Sept-Oct.(or Oct-Nov, I can't remember which way he said)

Offline Trav86

« Reply #1318 on: May 21, 2021, 12:49:30 PM »
They probably out that out so far so they do it with the. We album releases in succession.

.... ??? ??? ???

Lol. Sorry. I was in a hurry. What I meant was they probably put that out so far so they could do the live album, single, new album in succession. Like a big ramp-up.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline dream75

« Reply #1319 on: May 21, 2021, 01:04:39 PM »
I think that within 2/3 weeks we will have some news 😁

First single by July 15th

Album release end of September (24?)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1320 on: May 21, 2021, 06:36:53 PM »
I hope there's not another Easter Egg hunt like they did for the last album where only computer programmers could play and everyone else was entirely left out.

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #1321 on: May 21, 2021, 08:54:49 PM »
I hope there's not another Easter Egg hunt like they did for the last album where only computer programmers could play and everyone else was entirely left out.
I'm no computer programmer, and I took part. I was able to solve a few things on my own, and it was a lot of fun. Hopefully you give it a shot next time!

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #1322 on: May 22, 2021, 12:59:43 AM »
I'm no computer programmer, and I took part. I was able to solve a few things on my own, and it was a lot of fun. Hopefully you give it a shot next time!
I'm no computer programmer, (but a business owner) and I was lost in about the first minute.

Offline Peter1960

« Reply #1323 on: May 22, 2021, 02:08:23 AM »
It always amuses me how long it takes DT to release an album after it was finished. In the 70’s, an artist would release an album a month or so after it was recorded ! However, I accept that YouTube / social media did not exist then, which artists today can use as a promotional device ahead of the release of an album.

So, DT decide to film a video and release a track from the forthcoming album as a “teaser” to promote it. This will only be relevant to casual fans or non fans (regular long term fans will buy the album anyway, even if they heard nothing from it prior to the release). But why the delay ?

It appears the album was completed in April. They could have filmed the video for social media purposes and made it available, say May, with the album being released, say June / July. However, people are speculating that the “single” will be released in July and the album will follow in late September.

Surely the sooner an album is released, the sooner the costs of recording it can be recouped ? Why is the album being released (possibly) 5 months after it was recorded ?

It seems the supporting tour may start in September / October, so the release date may have been put back to co-incide with it. But does it really matter if an album is released one month before its supporting tour or three months before ?

Has DT ever recorded an album that was released fairly soon after the completion of recording ?

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #1324 on: May 22, 2021, 03:21:55 AM »
I'm no computer programmer either (unless Scratch counts :P), but I was able to vaguely understand what was happening from a distance. I was a bit late to the party to actually participate though.

As for the album release, I'm partly hoping that the release is pushed forward to August instead of September to allow some time before the tour starts. Perhaps that's an unrealistic hope, but if the album's already finished, I'd definitely prefer it to be sooner rather than later. :D
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #1325 on: May 22, 2021, 03:32:33 AM »
Has DT ever recorded an album that was released fairly soon after the completion of recording ?

Depends how you define "fairly soon", but the shortest times appear to be FII (recording done in July of 1997, released on September 23rd) & TOT (recording done in September of 2003, released on November 11th).
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Peter1960

« Reply #1326 on: May 22, 2021, 04:04:50 AM »
Exactly what I thought. So why are they taking longer these days to release albums ? Would this be the case if MP was still in the band ?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1327 on: May 22, 2021, 04:34:43 AM »
Exactly what I thought. So why are they taking longer these days to release albums ? Would this be the case if MP was still in the band ?

You have to organize the promotion, the interviews, the actual manufacturing and distribution, and there are timeframes where the release of an album will make most commercial sense. All these details are not up to the drummer.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1328 on: May 22, 2021, 04:35:31 AM »
I don't think it takes them longer to drop an album than it takes other bands. It's usually four to five months after the recording has been done.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1329 on: May 22, 2021, 06:51:52 AM »

You have to organize the promotion, the interviews, the actual manufacturing and distribution, and there are timeframes where the release of an album will make most commercial sense. All these details are not up to the drummer.

;D :tup Exactly!! I remember Noel Gallagher saying he had a finished album - but had to wait six months to release it - as the record company had decided when would be

the best time for maximum commercial impact or something. And he's Noel Gallagher.