Author Topic: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)  (Read 350606 times)

Offline Glasser

Re: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)
« Reply #4655 on: October 19, 2021, 10:34:10 PM »
When can all us regular Joes comment on the album? Will there be a new thread upon general release?

I was thinking the exact same thing as far as starting a new View thread on Friday. I was going to do it but I do not want to step on Bosk toes unless he's cool with it.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4656 on: October 19, 2021, 10:44:38 PM »
I really do hope that my artbook arrives on friday.
If it doesn't I will have a hard time refraining from listening.

Have only heard The Alien so far. And that one just twice.

I want the better experience of the fullpackage with lyrics and art on my first listen.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4657 on: October 20, 2021, 07:14:50 AM »
When can all us regular Joes comment on the album? Will there be a new thread upon general release?

I was thinking the exact same thing as far as starting a new View thread on Friday. I was going to do it but I do not want to step on Bosk toes unless he's cool with it.

There's usually a new thread started on the day of release (or the day before, can't remember).
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4658 on: October 20, 2021, 07:28:16 AM »

I dunno, my tracking just updated to say this:
October 18, 2021, 12:42 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
VOORHEES, NJ 08043
Your shipment was received at 12:42 pm on October 18, 2021 in VOORHEES, NJ 08043. The acceptance of your package is pending.

Looks like it's getting somewhere soon. If I'm lucky, it'll show up by Thursday but we will see!

-Marc.

Mine did too by the looks of it. Lable created means it's in the USPS system, but haven't received the package yet.

So now the status says shipped! Package has left the building!

Nice!  :tup My tracking number *finally* updated and says it'll arrive on Monday (as I predicted), which is honestly fine by me considering my busy weekend with work. I can be home when it arrives and not let it sit on my porch all afternoon/evening.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline DanLore

« Reply #4659 on: October 20, 2021, 09:04:28 AM »
Received my artbook from Laser CD yesterday.  A beautiful package with some very cool images.  I ripped the Blu-Ray last night to add the Hi-Res files to my library, and out of curiosity, I opened them in my DAW.  The waveforms were a complete crew cut across the board.  I don't get balled up over DR numbers, but I'm very disappointed that they did this, especially with the Blu-Ray.  They have never done this with any of their previous Blu-Ray releases, so I don't understand why they chose to slam any sense of dynamics out of this release.  I'll be ripping the CD later today, but don't expect it to be any different.  I hope the musical content makes up for this mastering.  What a shame.

If the HD Tracks version turns out to be different, I'll have to pull the trigger on that, but for now, I'm bummed.

DanLore

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #4660 on: October 20, 2021, 09:14:44 AM »
My boxset gets here tomorrow, can't wait!

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #4661 on: October 20, 2021, 09:16:40 AM »
Well just check the status of my order & it still hasn't shipped yet. Ordered the box set so looks I'll be waiting awhile till it arrives in Canada.
At least I'll have the files to download on Friday!!!!! So looking forward to hearing this album!!!!!

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #4662 on: October 20, 2021, 09:18:46 AM »
Mine still says "shipping on or about" the 22nd. I can only assume it won't be shipped early, but who knows. (I ordered from Burning Shed) I'll likely have to use the digital download on release day to listen to it.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4663 on: October 20, 2021, 09:20:03 AM »
So pumped for this album!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #4664 on: October 20, 2021, 09:21:00 AM »
They just posted a little ten second clip on Instagram and Facebook that has what sounds like part of an intro to a song.
I'm guessing from the title track.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #4665 on: October 20, 2021, 09:21:56 AM »

Maybe you can post a pic of you drinking Ovaltine while listening to it?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4666 on: October 20, 2021, 09:23:06 AM »

Maybe you can post a pic of you drinking Ovaltine while listening to it?

I can certainly post a pic of me drinking, but it sure as hell won't be ovaltine! ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dellers

• Funky Norwegian!
« Reply #4667 on: October 20, 2021, 09:28:20 AM »
Received my artbook from Laser CD yesterday.  A beautiful package with some very cool images.  I ripped the Blu-Ray last night to add the Hi-Res files to my library, and out of curiosity, I opened them in my DAW.  The waveforms were a complete crew cut across the board.  I don't get balled up over DR numbers, but I'm very disappointed that they did this, especially with the Blu-Ray.  They have never done this with any of their previous Blu-Ray releases, so I don't understand why they chose to slam any sense of dynamics out of this release.  I'll be ripping the CD later today, but don't expect it to be any different.  I hope the musical content makes up for this mastering.  What a shame.

If the HD Tracks version turns out to be different, I'll have to pull the trigger on that, but for now, I'm bummed.

DanLore
That sounds really disappointing. It's shameful how most bands release a brickwalled version of their music, and most don't provide a different option. There is simply no excuse. Why brickwall so hard in the first place? There's nothing to gain, but the product quality suffers. There are records that I can't listen to at all, including the CD versions of DT12 and DOT. They're literally broken IMO.
https://soundcloud.com/dellers2/jpxi-o
Religious faith can only exist when there is no God, otherwise there wouldn't be a reason to believe.

Online SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #4668 on: October 20, 2021, 09:49:16 AM »
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #4669 on: October 20, 2021, 09:50:39 AM »

I dunno, my tracking just updated to say this:
October 18, 2021, 12:42 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
VOORHEES, NJ 08043
Your shipment was received at 12:42 pm on October 18, 2021 in VOORHEES, NJ 08043. The acceptance of your package is pending.

Looks like it's getting somewhere soon. If I'm lucky, it'll show up by Thursday but we will see!

-Marc.

Mine did too by the looks of it. Lable created means it's in the USPS system, but haven't received the package yet.

So now the status says shipped! Package has left the building!

Nice!  :tup My tracking number *finally* updated and says it'll arrive on Monday (as I predicted), which is honestly fine by me considering my busy weekend with work. I can be home when it arrives and not let it sit on my porch all afternoon/evening.

-Marc.

Mine also says it's arriving on Monday though it's been moving along, It's currently in a postal facility 2 hours away from me and I'm really hoping I get surprised by its delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

DanLore

That is a bit disappointing seeing how the D/T bluray was fantastic. Are there multiple mixes of the album on the buray? like stereo, 5.1 and instrumentals? I don't remember of the top of my head but I think the D/T bluray had something along those lines.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline faizoff

« Reply #4670 on: October 20, 2021, 09:52:39 AM »
Before the album drops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0_cRS5g8Qc

That was pretty good. Did you make that? If so kudos on making it fit. Gotta admire JLB for singing it in key pretty much without any reference I'm assuming.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline DanLore

« Reply #4671 on: October 20, 2021, 09:54:36 AM »
DTS and LPCM 5.1 mixes and LPCM stereo mixes. Instrumental mixes are on the 2nd CD but not the Blu-Ray.  A 37 minute documentary is also on the BR disc.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4672 on: October 20, 2021, 09:54:47 AM »
Hah! That is awesome. Love how he's in the mirror. Great!

Online SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #4673 on: October 20, 2021, 09:54:56 AM »
Before the album drops

That was pretty good. Did you make that? If so kudos on making it fit. Gotta admire JLB for singing it in key pretty much without any reference I'm assuming.

No, not my work. But yes, pretty awesome editing.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4674 on: October 20, 2021, 09:57:10 AM »
Before the album drops

:yarr :metal

That was a good edit. I laughed at him being in the mirror. Now this makes me what the song in the setlist.

And I actually think he can do it this tour. After how long of resting, taking care of his voice in the mean time, and the short setlist times. This could be a good 3rd song in the set, so he has time to warm up a bit more and let loose of the stage jitters before unleashing this song.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4675 on: October 20, 2021, 10:01:02 AM »

DanLore
That sounds really disappointing. It's shameful how most bands release a brickwalled version of their music, and most don't provide a different option. There is simply no excuse. Why brickwall so hard in the first place? There's nothing to gain, but the product quality suffers. There are records that I can't listen to at all, including the CD versions of DT12 and DOT. They're literally broken IMO.

That is definitely disappointing. I was considering holding off and getting just the HD version of this one this time, instead of wasting my money again on the normal release that I never end up listening to because of how it sounds.  Wonder if the HD version will be available right away?

Offline faizoff

« Reply #4676 on: October 20, 2021, 10:01:43 AM »
DTS and LPCM 5.1 mixes and LPCM stereo mixes. Instrumental mixes are on the 2nd CD but not the Blu-Ray.  A 37 minute documentary is also on the BR disc.

Cool, so the waveforms you mentioned are the same across all audio streams?

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #4677 on: October 20, 2021, 10:11:16 AM »
Ordered directly from century media and still dont have shipping confirmation.  >:( :censored

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4678 on: October 20, 2021, 10:14:25 AM »
Ordered directly from century media and still dont have shipping confirmation.  >:( :censored

Don't worry, I ordered from there too and haven't gotten an email either.

Which I suspected because it's century media. :facepalm:

But I wanted the Artbook.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
« Reply #4679 on: October 20, 2021, 10:49:23 AM »
I've been wandering, since the songs are pretty long, they did not split them into segments / sections like with the Killing Hand or Lines in The Sand, did they? Looking through the lyrics, it seems that not even the epic is split in sections.

Neither is the Count of Tuscany though, never quite followed while that remained in once section, although it does really comes along with so much variety.
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline DanLore

« Reply #4680 on: October 20, 2021, 10:56:17 AM »

Cool, so the waveforms you mentioned are the same across all audio streams?

Don't know.  I've only ripped the stereo mix thus far.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #4681 on: October 20, 2021, 10:57:55 AM »

Don't worry, I ordered from there too and haven't gotten an email either.

Which I suspected because it's century media. :facepalm:

But I wanted the Artbook.

Yeah mine says it will shop on the 22nd. Hopefully ends up being the case. Can live with the digital download though
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #4682 on: October 20, 2021, 11:36:43 AM »
To those already getting their artbooks/orders, could you please confirm who wrote the lyrics for each song? :D
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline DanLore

« Reply #4683 on: October 20, 2021, 11:43:04 AM »
Don't hold me to this, as I only had to time check out the pics in the book, but James pens the first two songs, Myung has one and JP does the rest, including the epic.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #4684 on: October 20, 2021, 11:45:14 AM »
Don't hold me to this, as I only had to time check out the pics in the book, but James pens the first two songs, Myung has one and JP does the rest, including the epic.

Thank you! :hefdaddy
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4685 on: October 20, 2021, 11:45:46 AM »
I'd bet on Myung for Awaken The Master.

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4686 on: October 20, 2021, 11:58:16 AM »
I've been wandering, since the songs are pretty long, they did not split them into segments / sections like with the Killing Hand or Lines in The Sand, did they?

No, it's seven tracks.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4687 on: October 20, 2021, 12:04:26 PM »

I'm pretty excited for the documentary on the BD, probably more so than anything else. Wasn't Systematic Chaos the last time they released something like this? That's far too long!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4688 on: October 20, 2021, 12:22:23 PM »
I already have my plan of listening to this album.

Tomorrow at 10pm, I will be listening on Spotify, then at 12, when my download becomes available, I'll import that to my FIIO and listen in my ride all day Friday.

Man, tomorrow gonna be a long day.

Offline Mark Levinson Jr.

« Reply #4689 on: October 20, 2021, 01:42:36 PM »
I already have my plan of listening to this album.

Tomorrow at 10pm, I will be listening on Spotify, then at 12, when my download becomes available, I'll import that to my FIIO and listen in my ride all day Friday.

Man, tomorrow gonna be a long day.

I wonder if the download link will be MP3s or FLACs?

And yes... it will be a long day of counting down the hours!  ;D