Author Topic: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)  (Read 348791 times)

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
Re: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)
« Reply #4620 on: October 18, 2021, 08:20:49 AM »
Here is my published review (in greek, so via google translate for you) for Rocking.gr
https://www-rocking-gr.translate.goog/reviews/album/Dream-Theater-A-View-From-The-Top-Of-The-World/10270?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=el&_x_tr_pto=nui

Thanks! Great review. The more review I read the more I get excited about Transcending Time.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4621 on: October 18, 2021, 08:51:20 AM »
Yeah I don't understand it either. In the description it says not even mangini can save this album.

Is he saying Mangini is overplaying or that his drum sound is bad or what ?

the album sounds great, i wouldn't worry too much about the joke. if anything, the album has tons of noodly instrumental sections. it's an album full of outcry, but no choruses as good as outcry's :(

Online RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #4622 on: October 18, 2021, 08:59:26 AM »
Release week is upon us, people! Just 4 days to go!

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #4623 on: October 18, 2021, 09:02:56 AM »
Fall Into The Light is awesome!!

I'd take Invisible Monster over Room 137, Out Of Reach, and Paralyzed.

Definitely agree. Those 3 songs are among my least favorite of the Mangini-era (love the groove of 137 but the lyrics kill it for me).

I stopped listening to IM after 4 or 5 plays, but I still think it’s better than the worst song on each album since SC (OOR, the multiple really cheesy ballads on Astonishing like When Your Time Has Come, BMUBMD, AFTR, Wither, Repentance). I think it’s a very interesting song but not one that I’d listen to extensively. I haven’t stopped listening to The Alien almost daily since it came out. I think it’s their best song since DT12, and I seemingly love that album more than most do (I’d put it in my top 5).
Pfft The Astonishing is my favorite album by them. The riff in "Build Me Up to Break Me Down" is sick. Impossible to resist singing along to "Wither". I haven't listened to "Repentance" in forever, probably as it's a bit slow. I might have to check it out again but I've been to busy blasting "The Alien" and "Invisible Monster"!

What's your favorite song on Dream Theater?

I really like most of the songs on The Astonishing, but I’m just not a fan of super cheesy ballads (I also really don’t like Another Day, Hollow Years, etc.). My favorite on DT12 is probably Surrender to Reason, but I love TEI, IT, BtV, and TBP almost just as much.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4624 on: October 18, 2021, 09:41:22 AM »
LaserCD/Laser's Edge just sent me my shipment notification email and tracking number for my AVFTTOTW Deluxe box set! Hope it arrives before the weekend, not that I'll have time to enjoy it as I'm working 40 hours between Thursday and Sunday. Honestly, I kind of hope it arrives next Monday then. 😅

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #4625 on: October 18, 2021, 09:59:48 AM »
LaserCD/Laser's Edge just sent me my shipment notification email and tracking number for my AVFTTOTW Deluxe box set! Hope it arrives before the weekend, not that I'll have time to enjoy it as I'm working 40 hours between Thursday and Sunday. Honestly, I kind of hope it arrives next Monday then. 😅

-Marc.

Same here, just got the same email. Though having a tracking number may not mean much until they actually ship. I've had a few preorders like the BTBAM and Coldplay release issuing out tracking numbers and not having shipped until much later.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #4626 on: October 18, 2021, 10:31:20 AM »

-Marc.

Same here, just got the same email. Though having a tracking number may not mean much until they actually ship. I've had a few preorders like the BTBAM and Coldplay release issuing out tracking numbers and not having shipped until much later.

On an unrelated note, I like that sometimes BTBAM and Coldplay get mentioned in the same post here. That's why I love this forum... Where else would you find people who like both of these bands?  :biggrin:
any rock can be made to roll

Offline faizoff

« Reply #4627 on: October 18, 2021, 11:18:04 AM »

-Marc.

On an unrelated note, I like that sometimes BTBAM and Coldplay get mentioned in the same post here. That's why I love this forum... Where else would you find people who like both of these bands?  :biggrin:

;D

You should have seen me in my pretentious emo single genre only troo self back in the day.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4628 on: October 18, 2021, 11:43:28 AM »

-Marc.

I dunno, my tracking just updated to say this:
October 18, 2021, 12:42 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
VOORHEES, NJ 08043
Your shipment was received at 12:42 pm on October 18, 2021 in VOORHEES, NJ 08043. The acceptance of your package is pending.

Looks like it's getting somewhere soon. If I'm lucky, it'll show up by Thursday but we will see!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #4629 on: October 18, 2021, 12:04:46 PM »
Here is my published review (in greek, so via google translate for you) for Rocking.gr
https://www-rocking-gr.translate.goog/reviews/album/Dream-Theater-A-View-From-The-Top-Of-The-World/10270?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=el&_x_tr_pto=nui

Thanks! Great review. The more review I read the more I get excited about Transcending Time.

Thank you, appreciate it.
Transcending Time is definitely one of the best tracks for me, an uplifting and catchy tune.

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #4630 on: October 18, 2021, 12:13:14 PM »

Transcending Time is definitely one of the best tracks for me, an uplifting and catchy tune.

Yeah! One of my friend from Turkey who review the album says that Transceding Time is their Surrounded V2. with a big Rush influence. This make me so excited.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #4631 on: October 18, 2021, 12:17:37 PM »

VOORHEES, NJ 08043
Your shipment was received at 12:42 pm on October 18, 2021 in VOORHEES, NJ 08043. The acceptance of your package is pending.

Looks like it's getting somewhere soon. If I'm lucky, it'll show up by Thursday but we will see!

-Marc.

Mine did too by the looks of it. Lable created means it's in the USPS system, but haven't received the package yet.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #4632 on: October 18, 2021, 12:18:15 PM »

Yeah! One of my friend from Turkey who review the album says that Transceding Time is their Surrounded V2. with a big Rush influence. This make me so excited.

Absolutely love Transcending Time. VERY catchy!!!! Best DT album in years.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #4633 on: October 18, 2021, 02:37:14 PM »
Four more days until new Duran Duran album too!  ;D
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4634 on: October 18, 2021, 02:50:43 PM »
Durran Durran ;D

Offline BelichickFan

« Reply #4635 on: October 18, 2021, 03:07:55 PM »
Four more days until new Duran Duran album too!  ;D
Didn't know they had a new one - thanks, when they're more pop than dance I love them.  Hopefully this is full on pop  ;D

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #4636 on: October 18, 2021, 05:42:46 PM »
Have any previews shown up on Amazon/iTunes and the like? I know some went up previously that weren't supposed to yet, I'm curious when they were actually supposed to.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #4637 on: October 18, 2021, 05:56:48 PM »
Album day will soon arrive in only three days time. :metal
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
« Reply #4638 on: October 18, 2021, 08:50:21 PM »

I love this post.

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #4639 on: October 18, 2021, 08:53:15 PM »

I love this post.

It only just clicked to me that it was a Three Days reference. :lolpalm:

Offline faizoff

« Reply #4640 on: October 18, 2021, 09:41:29 PM »

VOORHEES, NJ 08043

-Marc.

Mine did too by the looks of it. Lable created means it's in the USPS system, but haven't received the package yet.

So now the status says shipped! Package has left the building!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #4641 on: October 18, 2021, 09:44:40 PM »

VOORHEES, NJ 08043

-Marc.

So now the status says shipped! Package has left the building!

You’ll probably have it on Wednesday!  :metal

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
« Reply #4642 on: October 18, 2021, 11:12:32 PM »
Darn, in the States you'll arriving it early. My vinyl's probably gonna be shipped on Saturday, so at least it would be Tuesday 26th before he'll be delivered.

But I might be diving into iTunes before though, 'cause how on earth can I wait another week?
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline LordJordan

« Reply #4643 on: October 19, 2021, 12:41:05 AM »

I just came here to post this:

"Judgement day will soon arrive
In only three days' time
Will Dream Theater get out of this alive?
This remains the question on their minds"

But you came first  :rollin
"Step after step, we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living it has become too late."

Former ItalianVoices member (I see you others)

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #4644 on: October 19, 2021, 01:51:29 AM »
Am I the only one who keeps opening his iTunes, hoping that the music will download early? LOL

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #4645 on: October 19, 2021, 04:12:34 AM »
I might get my hands on the deluxe boxset today  :metal
Pretty excited, i want to watch the behind the scenes documentary

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4646 on: October 19, 2021, 04:55:50 AM »
End of Thursday if you are going to listen to it on Spotify first which I am.  :coolio

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4647 on: October 19, 2021, 05:17:16 AM »
Gonna look forward to all those who didn't receive an advanced copy for reviewing purpouses, but come friday will have detailed comments about the songs and a list of favorites ready  :D :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4648 on: October 19, 2021, 05:32:56 AM »
Exactly! ;D

Like all those guitar covers for album tracks that go out the same day the album is out  :biggrin: And everyone is like ZOMG how did you learn it and film it and upload it so fasttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Spoiler :  :yarr :police:

Offline rab7

« Reply #4649 on: October 19, 2021, 06:26:43 AM »
Gonna look forward to all those who didn't receive an advanced copy for reviewing purpouses, but come friday will have detailed comments about the songs and a list of favorites ready  :D :lol

That's why I'll wait until at least Friday afternoon to post my thoughts

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4650 on: October 19, 2021, 07:45:28 AM »

That's why I'll wait until at least Friday afternoon to post my thoughts

:lol

Probably right around the time I post mine.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #4651 on: October 19, 2021, 10:22:49 AM »
Just got my shipping confirmation from LaserCD. Ordered the artbook and black vinyl.  :metal

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #4652 on: October 19, 2021, 01:30:18 PM »
I won't be listening until Saturday

Offline dparrott

« Reply #4653 on: October 19, 2021, 04:30:43 PM »

I just came here to post this:

"Judgement day will soon arrive
In only three days' time
Will Dream Theater get out of this alive?
This remains the question on their minds"

But you came first  :rollin

I posted this to DT's twitter  :tup
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4654 on: October 19, 2021, 09:54:51 PM »
When can all us regular Joes comment on the album? Will there be a new thread upon general release?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'