Author Topic: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)  (Read 349690 times)

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
Metropolis Pt.1 is 9:32 so obviously this confirms Metropolis Pt.3

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Haha, exactly.

A quick scan reveals that they have no songs yet that are 7:35, although Raw Dog was 7:34. Damn, so close to Raw Dog Part 2... :lol :lol

Offline geeeemo

I can never figure these things out. But am glad for you all!! ..and I was just about to post about the doldrums!  :biggrin:
.... no epic?  :'(...I mean it's ok. I love all DT music. I just love the epics.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 08:14:49 AM by geeeemo »

Offline emtee

Imagery from past albums and some numbers. I'll let you guys figure out the clues.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
Someone on Facebook posted that the time stamps are all from older songs. Is really that?
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Enigmachine

Putting what I've found (with some help) in small text for the sake of those who want to figure it out for themselves, although I still haven't got to anything cohesive yet:

The track times in the hallway, city and the web correspond to the track times (and add up to pretty much the total album lengths of) When Dream and Day Unite, Images and Words and Awake respectively. So, no I don't think these are track times for the upcoming album. The images behind them I'd also guess to represent Afterlife (this one I'm least sure of), Metropolis and Caught in a Web.

With the times at the end, I found out that if you see those as an indication for how much time has elapsed since the beginning of the songs that correspond to their respective acronyms (The Answer and About to Crash), you get "to witness this great spectacle first hand" from Lord Nafaryus and "saying things never said" from War Inside My Head. Beyond that, I'm a bit stumped.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 08:32:01 AM by Enigmachine »

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have a Facebook so I cant go back and look at the video now, but I think it showed:

WDADU artwork
WDADU track lengths
New piece of artwork

I&W artwork
I&W track length
New piece of artwork

Awake artwork
awake track lengths
New piece of artwork

and then "TA 9:32 ATC 7:35"

Offline emtee

A pair of worn boots with a hole. A stone sun dial? A man laying on the ground on terrain that looks like Scotland or Ireland.

Online Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
I wonder what the significance of showing the first three albums is... I also wonder if they'll do more of these teasers and show other album art/track listings...

Offline emtee

Did the guy take his boots off on a rocky ledge and jump off?

Also, there is a small image of something on the toe of the boot. There are 3 small images that look like they are flying on the right side of the sun dial. And a small image in front of the man's face. I can't tell what any of the images are. Is the dude Nicholas?

You can tell I'm bored today.

Online fadetoblackdude7

The stone sun dial is from the Clockwork Angels interior art

Offline don_waka

Looking forward to more of this!

Offline gzarruk

Putting what I've found (with some help) in small text for the sake of those who want to figure it out for themselves, although I still haven't got to anything cohesive yet:

The track times in the hallway, city and the web correspond to the track times (and add up to pretty much the total album lengths of) When Dream and Day Unite, Images and Words and Awake respectively. So, no I don't think these are track times for the upcoming album. The images behind them I'd also guess to represent Afterlife (this one I'm least sure of), Metropolis and Caught in a Web.

With the times at the end, I found out that if you see those as an indication for how much time has elapsed since the beginning of the songs that correspond to their respective acronyms (The Answer and About to Crash), you get "to witness this great spectacle first hand" from Lord Nafaryus and "saying things never said" from War Inside My Head. Beyond that, I'm a bit stumped.

Whoa :o
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline RodrigoAltaf

It's a remix of The Astonishing done by Portnoy, with tracks reduced in length and an improved storyline.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
It's a remix of The Astonishing done by Portnoy, with tracks reduced in length and an improved storyline.

I am pretty sure if MP did any editing, the songs would not be any shorter.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Edergilmour

• no alarms and no surprises, please.
Could them be indicating the placement of the new art snippets? ...using the older art as orientation.

I wonder what the significance of showing the first three albums is... I also wonder if they'll do more of these teasers and show other album art/track listings...

Offline w_marano

• : never give up, it's such a wonderful life :
I guess in the first frame with tracking duration is about WDADU, on the metropolis frame there is 4:22 is about Another Day, on the last frame with numbers is about Awake , or i am crazy?

Offline devieira73

Whoa :o
Nice work, very clever! :tup

Offline Mladen

Could them be indicating the placement of the new art snippets? ...using the older art as orientation.

This might be true. If someone has photoshop skills, I would like to see these put together.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
I think this’ll be the first in a series of 5 videos like this. 5 videos over the next 5 weeks showing 3 past albums and their track lengths along with little snippets of artwork and track lengths and abbreviations from DT15.
Culminating with a reveal of the complete artwork and track listing in the final video, along with probably the first single.

Offline w_marano

• : never give up, it's such a wonderful life :
My theory is that they will release one vídeo per week considering there are references to the first 3 albuns, it would be, if I'm not hallucinating, like this:

Week 1: WDADU, I&M, Awake
Week 2: ACOS, FII, SFAM
Week 3: 6DEGREES, TOT, Octavarium
Week 4: SC, BLSL, ADTOE
Week 5: DT, TA, DoT

What do you think?

Offline devieira73

What could this mean at the end?

TA 09:32. ATC 07:35
So... maybe time stamps for 2 new songs? (like Metropolaris wrote)

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni

I think so. I think the fact that they share initials and length with other songs is a coincidence.

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
Little guy on a huge boot. Little guy on a sundial.. and a big guy laying on the ground.

It's a concept album about Gulliver's Travels obviously.
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

I think so. I think the fact that they share initials and length with other songs is a coincidence.
So, if this is the case, we can already guess what the song titles will be? Like, The Awakening and As Time Collides?

Offline pg1067

So, if this is the case, we can already guess what the song titles will be? Like, The Awakening and As Time Collides?

Tremendous Aardvark and Abstract Taco Coverup.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
Little guy on a huge boot. Little guy on a sundial.. and a big guy laying on the ground.

I guess not, since Jordan mentioned during some interview last year that DT15 will not be a concept album, they did however have an overarching topic for DT15. (as documented in the title page.)
I thought of Gulliver's Travels for a bit too though.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline gzarruk

I think they already showed us the new album artwork, only that it's super small.

If you look closely at the very start of the video, there are three images on that viewmaster disc. The 3rd one seems to have the "Dream Theater" font on top, the shoes also appear there.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Setlist Scotty

I guess in the first frame with tracking duration is about WDADU, on the metropolis frame there is 4:22 is about Another Day, on the last frame with numbers is about Awake , or i am crazy?
Yes, the track durations are all listed on the images following the album cover images.

Wat.

I think this’ll be the first in a series of 5 videos like this. 5 videos over the next 5 weeks showing 3 past albums and their track lengths along with little snippets of artwork and track lengths and abbreviations from DT15.
Culminating with a reveal of the complete artwork and track listing in the final video, along with probably the first single.
I don't have any inside information, but this seems like a logical possibility. If another video shows up like it, then we'll know for sure.

D'OH! And here it was in front of us the WHOLE time!  :facepalm:

I guess not, since Jordan mentioned during some interview last year that DT15 will not be a concept album, they did however have an overarching topic for DT15. (as documented in the title page.)
I thought of Gulliver's Travels for a bit too though.
:lol He didn't use green type, but I know the wookie pretty well and that wasn't meant to be taken seriously.  :biggrin:

Tremendous Aardvark and Abstract Taco Coverup.
Those sound like winning titles to me!   :rollin
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Setlist Scotty

Haha, exactly.

A quick scan reveals that they have no songs yet that are 7:35, although Raw Dog was 7:34. Damn, so close to Raw Dog Part 2... :lol :lol
These Walls is 7:36, so if these are references to older tracks, it could be to TW, too.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Online fadetoblackdude7

I think they already showed us the new album artwork, only that it's super small.

If you look closely at the very start of the video, there are three images on that viewmaster disc. The 3rd one seems to have the "Dream Theater" font on top, the shoes also appear there.

I think you might be correct

Offline Setlist Scotty

I agree. Good eye gzarruk!

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

I agree. Good eye gzarruk!

Kinda looks like the get the album MS Paint game.

Offline devieira73

It seems an interesting album cover concept :tup

Offline Imacer

Hugh Syme strikes again