Author Topic: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)  (Read 349239 times)

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
Re: DT15 in progress. Photo and video shoots in May (Timeline for DT15)
« Reply #1365 on: May 27, 2021, 04:15:18 AM »
I just don't want all my fave bands to release Covid19 / 2020 sucked songs / albums.

To me it would be way too obvious.

The same way I thought ADTOE title to be way too obvious in their situation at that time. ::)

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1366 on: May 27, 2021, 04:26:55 AM »
Title of the new album: "And we thought the drummer leaving was dramatic"
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #1367 on: May 27, 2021, 04:40:32 AM »
Title of the new album: "And we thought the drummer leaving was dramatic"

:rollin
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #1368 on: May 27, 2021, 06:34:32 AM »
I just don't want all my fave bands to release Covid19 / 2020 sucked songs / albums.

The same way I thought ADTOE title to be way too obvious in their situation at that time. ::)

I thought the same back in the day. But didn't the band actually react surprised and said something like "oh we didn't even mean it that way and didn't make that connection"?
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Trav86

« Reply #1369 on: May 27, 2021, 06:47:57 AM »

I thought the same back in the day. But didn't the band actually react surprised and said something like "oh we didn't even mean it that way and didn't make that connection"?

Yeah…wink wink, nudge nudge. 
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1370 on: May 27, 2021, 10:43:26 AM »

Yeah…wink wink, nudge nudge.

:lol :lol :lol

The album was actually titled Bridges in the Sky before that, and that's where the artwork comes from. They did change the title afterwards, and also changed the song's name from The Shaman's Trance to BITS.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1371 on: May 27, 2021, 11:44:28 AM »
While BITS is one of my favorite tracks from that album, the Shaman chant at the beginning and end of the song reminds me of Jabba the Hutt.   :lol
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #1372 on: May 27, 2021, 12:03:17 PM »
If anyone has ever read Clan of the Cave Bear, they totally have a Shaman character that I see every time I hear the chanting.

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #1373 on: May 27, 2021, 03:22:23 PM »
Noxon has confirmed on the DT Discord that we won't be getting anything regarding DT15 until August. Not too far away now. 

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #1374 on: May 27, 2021, 03:32:14 PM »
Ouch. I was expecting some bits of information earlier than that D:

Online evilasiojr

« Reply #1375 on: May 27, 2021, 03:41:58 PM »
Ouch. I was expecting some bits of information earlier than that D:

[2]

Online evilasiojr

« Reply #1376 on: May 27, 2021, 03:44:02 PM »
Noxon has confirmed on the DT Discord that we won't be getting anything regarding DT15 until August. Not too far away now.

Is there any way to know if he was talking about something like a single? Cause then August would be within the expected.

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #1377 on: May 27, 2021, 03:59:02 PM »
Yeah, a single would be understandable, but no info at all? That would be a huge bummer.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1378 on: May 27, 2021, 04:50:21 PM »
Yeah, a single would be understandable, but no info at all? That would be a huge bummer.

Huge bummer x2.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #1379 on: May 27, 2021, 04:52:45 PM »
People were speculating whether we might see an announcement/single coming in June. His exact words, "We won't get anything before august. EOD.".

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #1380 on: May 27, 2021, 04:58:51 PM »
Absolutely. Nonetheless, I still will post any updates whenever they happen.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Online evilasiojr

« Reply #1381 on: May 27, 2021, 05:11:03 PM »
People were speculating whether we might see an announcement/single coming in June. His exact words, "We won't get anything before august. EOD.".

Ok, thanks!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1382 on: May 27, 2021, 06:03:42 PM »

According to the standard IO marketing procedures, we should be getting something in June, so they were right to think that. This album is so different and such a mystery that they're changing things up a lot this time :o

I'm definitely bummed by this, but I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait :metal

Online evilasiojr

« Reply #1383 on: May 27, 2021, 06:56:57 PM »
My curiosity is killing me, but I agree with you!! All this mystery is only making my hype go higher  :metal

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #1384 on: May 27, 2021, 07:20:00 PM »
Looking at it through a different perspective, at least we won't be oversaturated with info before the album comes out, because I don't have the willpower that some people do to avoid looking at or listening to anything.  :lol

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1385 on: May 27, 2021, 07:22:31 PM »
Looking at it through a different perspective, at least we won't be oversaturated with info before the album comes out, because I don't have the willpower that some people do to avoid looking at or listening to anything.  :lol

I didn’t think of that, that’s a good point. Maybe that’s the exact reason why they’re holding out?

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #1386 on: May 27, 2021, 07:27:19 PM »
I like that it is different. To me Dream Theater is about different. Not being boring....but it is a long time from now...

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #1387 on: May 27, 2021, 08:12:53 PM »
To pass the time you can listen to JLB participating in a tribute to the album Wish You Were Here (in "Have a Cigar")

https://cleopatrarecords.bandcamp.com/album/still-wish-you-were-here-a-tribute-to-pink-floyd

:)

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #1388 on: May 27, 2021, 10:22:12 PM »

True. I kinda fear that they'll go through the same 3-month promo cycle just starting in August (& ending in October/November :eek), but if they stick with the planned September release & just make the promo cycle shorter, I guess I can't complain.
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Online Mladen

« Reply #1389 on: May 28, 2021, 02:34:04 AM »
To pass the time you can listen to JLB participating in a tribute to the album Wish You Were Here (in "Have a Cigar")

https://cleopatrarecords.bandcamp.com/album/still-wish-you-were-here-a-tribute-to-pink-floyd

:)
Thanks for the reminder. I've just played it and it was a pleasant listen. James did a fine job on Have a cigar. Of all the songs on the album, that one suits his voice the best.  :tup

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1390 on: May 28, 2021, 05:29:09 AM »
Meh 2 months away then probably an info dump in August. Guessing we'll get everything. First single & video and album title and artwork etc etc...

That's an easy wait.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1391 on: May 28, 2021, 06:33:56 AM »
Iron Maiden did an info dump for their latest album, The Book of Souls.

Nothing, nothing, nothing, then one day:

"Here is the album, it's called The Book of Souls. This is the tracklist and this is the cover. It will come out on this day. See you"
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1392 on: May 28, 2021, 07:08:16 AM »
I hope they don't do what many other bands have done lately - release 3 singles before the album, which leaves only 4-5 songs left "unheard".
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1393 on: May 28, 2021, 07:10:14 AM »
I hope they don't do what many other bands have done lately - release 3 singles before the album, which leaves only 4-5 songs left "unheard".

Seems the norm.

Lead single + video.

Then the by now mandatory lyric video.

Then a third song one week before just to remind everyone's short attention span that the album is coming.

In the social media era you have to keep up the attention, of course the dedicated fans need to be told only once and they learn by memory the release date, but you have to chase the casual ones as well.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1394 on: May 28, 2021, 08:28:09 AM »

Seems the norm.

Lead single + video.

Then the by now mandatory lyric video.

Then a third song one week before just to remind everyone's short attention span that the album is coming.

In the social media era you have to keep up the attention, of course the dedicated fans need to be told only once and they learn by memory the release date, but you have to chase the casual ones as well.

Yep, this is the norm nowadays, but what if...

... the album is some sort of BC&SL 2 where there's very few tracks but they're mostly long ones. We already know that "the songs are lengthy" (according to MM),  which could mean anything really, but I think it's safe to say they'll be longer than what we've seen in the last 2-3 albums.

To continue with the Black Clouds analogy, if they only have 2 "short" songs and then 4-5 long songs, they can't release as many singles unless they release a heavily edited version of one of the epics.

Going again by comments made by MM, I don't have the exact cuote right now but he said that there's one song that's more mellow (probably the only ballad) and that the rest of the songs are "frantic".

My bet is that, if the album still gets released in September, we get one single in August and one in Sept.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #1395 on: May 28, 2021, 09:00:50 AM »
I think timing is a big issue. I have nothing to back this up, but I think another reason to wait for August is due to the recent releases by Transatlantic and LTE. People into those bands and albums are also buying DT albums. They're still very new albums by pretty big bands within the prog and DT spheres, who don't release albums very often, so there's been a lot of noise surrounding those releases this year. I think the band and label is waiting for the excitement around those albums to wane, let most of summer to go by, many people looking to get out of their houses and enjoy the season after year-long lockdowns, allow time to "forget" about DT and related projects, and then to announce the new DT15 single in August and hype up the new album for the Fall season.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1396 on: May 28, 2021, 09:04:11 AM »
I can almost guarantee that Transatlantic has zero to do with the DT15 release date, and that LTE has almost zero to do with it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #1397 on: May 28, 2021, 09:07:52 AM »
Plus the LNFArchives -  one in June and one in July now (I think it's correct). People may not be inclined as much if they are hearing/seeing stuff from DT15

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1398 on: May 28, 2021, 09:22:17 AM »
And let's not forget James' upcoming acoustic project!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1399 on: May 28, 2021, 10:01:07 AM »
I think timing is a big issue. I have nothing to back this up, but I think another reason to wait for August is due to the recent releases by Transatlantic and LTE. People into those bands and albums are also buying DT albums. They're still very new albums by pretty big bands within the prog and DT spheres, who don't release albums very often, so there's been a lot of noise surrounding those releases this year. I think the band and label is waiting for the excitement around those albums to wane, let most of summer to go by, many people looking to get out of their houses and enjoy the season after year-long lockdowns, allow time to "forget" about DT and related projects, and then to announce the new DT15 single in August and hype up the new album for the Fall season.

I don't think so.

I think it has to do with a coinciding tour. Maybe they're getting these finalized, as they can announce an album along with tour dates. As announcing tour dates along with a new album release would generate a lot more buzz for the band.

But man, August is looking to be a pretty eventful month for me.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD