Author Topic: Tommy Skeoch (ex-Tesla) new band - Resist & Bite  (Read 412 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Tommy Skeoch (ex-Tesla) new band - Resist & Bite
« on: March 02, 2020, 09:11:09 AM »
Guitarist Tommy Skeoch (ex-Tesla) has put together a new band called Resist & Bite. They've got a full album in the works and have released a single:

"The Myth I'm Livin'" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhSH3B_ll-s

I'll be damned. Sounds like Tesla when Tesla still had balls and didn't sound like a washed up classic rock act. Singer has enough of Jeff Keith's tone so they can obviously do some Tesla, but I really dig the new tune. I was a huge Tesla fan through the reunion album, Into the Now. But once they replaced Tommy with Dave Rude (who I also really like), the band lost a lot of the metal edge and attitude in its tunes. They've been a disappointment to me since then.

But this -- this is what I want to hear. Tommy is apparently working with a label and the band is going to do some touring. Hope they come my way.

:metal
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline kaos2900

Re: Tommy Skeoch (ex-Tesla) new band - Resist & Bite
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 09:55:20 AM »
I agree that Dave was a integral part to Tesla and the quality of their output has drastically decreased since he left the band. That being, said this song didn't do much for me either.