Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 112834 times)

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Playoffs ready to rock (with no Giants)
« Reply #1750 on: January 10, 2021, 07:17:29 PM »
AAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1751 on: January 10, 2021, 07:17:48 PM »
I knew the Steelers were not playing well going into the playoffs but this bad?  Holy moly.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online faizoff

« Reply #1752 on: January 10, 2021, 07:18:06 PM »
Well if anyone can screw up that big of a lead it would be the Browns.... and of course the Superbowl Falcons.

You know, I was having a good day and you had to go and remind me of, to this day, the only game to actually trigger an anxiety attack.

I mean I’m over it at this point, but dammit that game messed me up for a little bit.

Oh dang, I would've taken you as a Giants fan with NYC in your name and all that.

And Ben gets picked again.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1753 on: January 10, 2021, 07:19:28 PM »
Well if anyone can screw up that big of a lead it would be the Browns.... and of course the Superbowl Falcons.

You know, I was having a good day and you had to go and remind me of, to this day, the only game to actually trigger an anxiety attack.

I mean I’m over it at this point, but dammit that game messed me up for a little bit.

Oh dang, I would've taken you as a Giants fan with NYC in your name and all that.

And Ben gets picked again.

I’m a die hard Jets fan. The end of that game broke me.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1754 on: January 10, 2021, 07:43:09 PM »
Cleveland receivers forgot how to catch balls thrown right at them....
aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1755 on: January 10, 2021, 07:45:58 PM »
WIIIIIDDEEE OOOOPPEEENNN.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online faizoff

« Reply #1756 on: January 10, 2021, 07:46:39 PM »
Maybe the Browns should rest their starters for the rest of the game.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 07:51:45 PM by faizoff »
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1757 on: January 10, 2021, 07:46:57 PM »
Watching the Steelers getting their butts whipped brings me such joy  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1758 on: January 10, 2021, 07:48:06 PM »
Cleveland is looking good; they're winning on fundamentals. Physical football, good line play (on both sides of the ball).  I'm digging this; I will not be sad if they hold on to this lead. 

I know Pitt has not been playing well, but who would have thought a Mike Tomlin team would come out so FLAT in a playoff game, especially against a rival.  They're getting pushed around.

Online WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #1759 on: January 10, 2021, 07:49:22 PM »
Man, as a lifelong Clevelander, this feels soooooo good!

I was 13 the last time the Browns won a playoff game.... that was many moon ago.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1760 on: January 10, 2021, 07:58:25 PM »
Watching the Steelers getting their butts whipped brings me such joy  :corn

I'm a Pats fan.  I've seen it a lot.  :lol

Online faizoff

« Reply #1761 on: January 10, 2021, 08:11:18 PM »
So I haven't followed the league this season at all, I know there are Covid-19 restrictions in place, but why do some stadiums seem to be more occupied than others? This Steelers Browns game looks like it being played in an empty stadium. The other games looked like there was some crowd at least. Any particular reason it's so empty tonight?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1762 on: January 10, 2021, 08:14:41 PM »
So I haven't followed the league this season at all, I know there are Covid-19 restrictions in place, but why do some stadiums seem to be more occupied than others? This Steelers Browns game looks like it being played in an empty stadium. The other games looked like there was some crowd at least. Any particular reason it's so empty tonight?

It just matters what state the game is being played in and what the state restrictions are.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online faizoff

« Reply #1763 on: January 10, 2021, 08:26:52 PM »
Right that makes sense.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1764 on: January 10, 2021, 08:40:06 PM »
Here we go. The Browns are in danger of one of the biggest playoff chokes of all time.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1765 on: January 10, 2021, 08:45:54 PM »
Deep down, didn't we all know that the Browns would do their best to try and choke this away?

Franchise might as well fold their tents and disband if they blow this game.  :lol :lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #1766 on: January 10, 2021, 08:49:03 PM »
Clevelanta Browlcons on display tonight....
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1767 on: January 10, 2021, 08:55:35 PM »
Welp, Nick Chubb is having none of our choke talk.

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1768 on: January 10, 2021, 08:56:38 PM »
Huge score there.  Browns can breathe again for a little bit.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #1769 on: January 10, 2021, 08:57:55 PM »
Is the punt on 4th and 1 the next "pass on the 1 yd line with marshawn lynch in the backfield" call?
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1770 on: January 10, 2021, 09:02:07 PM »
I feel like a successful Browns team messes up the sports cosmos. Things just should not happen in the sports world, lest we risk upsetting the Gods, like the 2004 Red Sox or the 2016 Cubs. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1771 on: January 10, 2021, 09:03:39 PM »
I feel like a successful Browns team messes up the sports cosmos. Things just should not happen in the sports world, lest we risk upsetting the Gods, like the 2004 Red Sox or the 2016 Cubs.

I’m not even a Cubs fan, but that final double play still gives me chills.

-MirrorMask

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1772 on: January 10, 2021, 09:23:27 PM »
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1773 on: January 10, 2021, 09:24:36 PM »
Goodnight Steelers.

-MirrorMask

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1774 on: January 10, 2021, 09:26:00 PM »
It's just too bad they don't have a chance against the Chiefs.  :-\
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1775 on: January 10, 2021, 09:35:15 PM »
It's just too bad they don't have a chance against the Chiefs.  :-\

You know what? Crazier things have happened. We’ve seen bigger upsets before. I mean I’m still picking the Chiefs, but hey you never know.

-MirrorMask

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1776 on: January 10, 2021, 09:56:44 PM »
LET’S GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The last time they won a playoff game, I was a senior in high school.  I was just happy they made it, but holy shit, that first quarter had me blown away.  They are playing with house money from here on out.  That was a gutsy win.  GO BROWNS!!!!
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1777 on: January 11, 2021, 06:54:05 AM »
I don't post in here much anymore, but it would be remiss of me not to stop in and say that I was one of many non-Cleveland fans that was on the edge of my seat rooting on the Browns last night. First playoff appearance since after the 2002 season. First playoff win since after the 1994 season (with a BB vs. Parcells coaching matchup!). I picked the Steelers to win and win big, but it was the Browns defense were the opportunists, jumping on tipped passes, overthrows and botched snaps. And how far along has Baker come in terms of maturity. If you asked me last year if Baker could lead his team and do enough to win a playoff game with his head coach in quarantine, I would have said hell no.

The dream of a Browns/Bills AFC Championship game is alive but for one more week.

But my favorite play of the weekend came in Seattle. DK pouting like a big baby (pun intended) so they design a WR screen to get him involved and Darious Williams splits the blockers, picks it off and runs it back for a TD. It was glorious!

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1778 on: January 11, 2021, 08:05:34 AM »
Safe to say my eyes were damp on several occasions last night. Worth waiting for. Go Browns.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1779 on: January 11, 2021, 08:27:43 AM »

It just matters what state the game is being played in and what the state restrictions are.

And look close; some places are putting cardboard cutouts in the seats.  I don't quite get that (unless it's a sound thing) but, yeah.  All games are different.   Last night Steelers game was a couple thousand, team friends and family only.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1780 on: January 11, 2021, 08:30:58 AM »
But my favorite play of the weekend came in Seattle. DK pouting like a big baby (pun intended) so they design a WR screen to get him involved and Darious Williams splits the blockers, picks it off and runs it back for a TD. It was glorious!

Yeah; the announcer (I forget; was that Nantz? I tune him out) sort of hinted at, but that's exactly what I thought.  That play might as well have been telegraphed on one of the Jumbotrons in Times Square.  I don't care how good you are, you're not helping your team if you're putting your coach in the position of having to cater to your attitude and mood mid-game.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1781 on: January 11, 2021, 08:43:44 AM »
Safe to say my eyes were damp on several occasions last night. Worth waiting for. Go Browns.

The Browns never trailed last night.   :omg: That is perhaps the most amazing fact from last night's game.  And that is from a game that also included:

Roethlisberger throwing for over 500 yards and 4 TDs and losing.
The Browns last won in Pittsburgh in 2003.
The Browns last won a playoff game in 1995.
The Browns last wone a road playoff game in 1969.
Since 1970, the Browns are 7-44 in Pittsburgh.
Ben Roethlisberger's record against the Browns in the postseason: 0-1.
Roethlisberger's record against the Browns all time: 25-3-1.
The Browns didn't have a turnover last night, while forcing 5 turnovers by the Steelers.
Baker Mayfield wasn't sacked last night.

I'm still dumbstruck that the Browns won in such a convincing fashion.  They came out and punched the Steelers in the mouth and the Steelers didn't know how to respond.  Kareem Hunt ran like he was trying to get to Kansas City.  Baker Mayfield took what the defense was giving him, and found a way to win when they took away his ability to bootleg.  There was almost no mention of the Pittsburgh D-line, because the Browns O-line, despite being without it's best player and losing their RT in the 2nd quarter, absolutely owned the line of scrimmage last night.  Nick Chubb was huge in the passing game.  Jarvis Landry was clutch all night long.  I'm just so impressed with how the Browns won.  They are playing with house money at this point.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1782 on: January 11, 2021, 09:11:54 AM »
I read an article earlier in the day that was published right after the Browns beat the Bengals, and it characterized Mayfield as a "high level game manager", as if it was an insult.     

That's what he did last night; made plays when he had to, controlled the football when he didn't.  I would have preferred a couple of those 3-and-outs to have lasted more than a minute and a half - that would have gone a long way to keeping the game out of reach - but still, he played a strong game.  ESPECIALLY considering, as he said in his post-game interview, he had to introduce myself to this dude "Blake" before the game, and he ended up in the huddle in the 4th quarter.  :)

They will be written off before next week, and I get that (I'm not picking them, myself) but IF there's an "anything can happen" scenario next week, this might be it.   Don't count out Stefanski; he's done a world class job of not just coaching, but MANAGING this team emotionally and psychologically. He's got these kids BELIEVING.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1783 on: January 11, 2021, 09:42:22 AM »
Crazy to think that the Bills could be put in a position where they’re the villain, but if they end up hosting the Browns in the AFC Championship, that’s what will happen. Everyone loves an underdog story, and the Browns have been that since the 1970 merger. If we get a Buffalo/Cleveland matchup, it would represent a shift in the cosmos like no other.

Although if Cleveland manages to get past Kansas City, you know they want Baltimore.

-MirrorMask

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1784 on: January 11, 2021, 09:50:49 AM »
Crazy to think that the Bills could be put in a position where they’re the villain, but if they end up hosting the Browns in the AFC Championship, that’s what will happen. Everyone loves an underdog story, and the Browns have been that since the 1970 merger. If we get a Buffalo/Cleveland matchup, it would represent a shift in the cosmos like no other.

Although if Cleveland manages to get past Kansas City, you know they want Baltimore.

A Browns-Ravens matchup for the AFC Championship game would be insane.  Don't even know how I would handle that.