Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 118359 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Belichck pulling down Lynn's pants again
« Reply #1365 on: December 10, 2020, 07:55:24 PM »
Unrelated, I've created a gofundme to pay King and Bart for a picture of them in their jumpers.   :) :) :)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1366 on: December 10, 2020, 08:02:23 PM »
Unrelated, I've created a gofundme to pay King and Bart for a picture of them in their jumpers.   :) :) :)

Um..I've started a GoFundMe to stop your GoFundMe. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1367 on: December 10, 2020, 08:04:09 PM »
Every week I watch him play I think to myself "Christ, Newton's got absolutely no pocket presence." He just doesn't have a clue when people are around him.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1368 on: December 10, 2020, 08:06:12 PM »

I hope you are rich.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1369 on: December 10, 2020, 08:09:19 PM »
Every week I watch him play I think to myself "Christ, Newton's got absolutely no pocket presence." He just doesn't have a clue when people are around him.

He's exasperating and infuriating all at the same time.  Flashes of brilliance, but when you need him...pfffft.  That 4th down in the red zone not only looked bad, it WAS bad.     

So I've been picking at this all season; where is the Pats next QB?  Is he on an NFL roster now, or is he a draft pick?  Draft pick, we're still two years away from anything substantial.  Is there a guy that can step in? Dalton is too old.  Wentz is too $$$.   Do the Pats ever get Watson?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1370 on: December 10, 2020, 08:20:37 PM »

He's exasperating and infuriating all at the same time.  Flashes of brilliance, but when you need him...pfffft.  That 4th down in the red zone not only looked bad, it WAS bad.     

So I've been picking at this all season; where is the Pats next QB?  Is he on an NFL roster now, or is he a draft pick?  Draft pick, we're still two years away from anything substantial.  Is there a guy that can step in? Dalton is too old.  Wentz is too $$$.   Do the Pats ever get Watson?
I think he might be playing in Detroit right now.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1371 on: December 10, 2020, 08:21:17 PM »
I'm convinced the Pats will end up at 8-8 this season.

So I look at it like this. I can't make a Covid excuse for this team. Sorry. They were losing the KC and SF games regardless. If anyone wants to think that Belichick coached them UP to an 8-8 record I just disagree I guess.

I'd say the highly erratic QB play and the disinterested Defense in the first half of the season cost them a couple of games.

I don't buy the O Line injuries either. Then that means the whole "next man up" thing was bullshit.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1372 on: December 10, 2020, 08:21:51 PM »

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Jets were stupid enough to give Darnold to the Pats.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1373 on: December 10, 2020, 08:28:00 PM »
Cam's pocket awareness is so sub par.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1374 on: December 10, 2020, 08:30:59 PM »
Nita Strauss has been the best part of the game.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1375 on: December 10, 2020, 09:17:26 PM »

I think he might be playing in Detroit right now.

That's an interesting take, right there. I wouldn't mind that.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1376 on: December 10, 2020, 10:48:19 PM »
Well that was fun!!!  ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1377 on: December 11, 2020, 06:52:06 AM »
What's the consensus on McVay, Goff and the Rams?  They played well last night, and NE was never in it, from the moment of the first kickoff, but other than their defense, I think they are shaky.   Goff made one or two nice throws, but he didn't win that game for them, that was Akers.  McVay always looks like he's about to cry or that he's about to be caught masturbating, and there's always at least one play every game I watch them where I'm like "wha?". 

I feel they have a very good record, but that record does not reflect their shot at going deep in the playoffs. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1378 on: December 11, 2020, 07:02:25 AM »
What's the consensus on McVay, Goff and the Rams?  They played well last night, and NE was never in it, from the moment of the first kickoff, but other than their defense, I think they are shaky.   Goff made one or two nice throws, but he didn't win that game for them, that was Akers.  McVay always looks like he's about to cry or that he's about to be caught masturbating, and there's always at least one play every game I watch them where I'm like "wha?". 

I feel they have a very good record, but that record does not reflect their shot at going deep in the playoffs.

Stadler, this post is indicative of the lack of respect the Rams get from the New England media. They have no respect for Goff, and disgracefully make fun of McVay for his SB pre game chat with Belichick. He probably doesn't really know Belichick and I found nothing wrong with what he said.

Who's better than the Rams in the West? Green Bay? Sure. Saints (with Brees)? Sure. But the SB team from the West will be one of those three teams.

EDIT:  That's fine if that's your personal opinion. But it's also the narrative that I hear all too often up here from the media.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1379 on: December 11, 2020, 07:08:52 AM »

Stadler, this post is indicative of the lack of respect the Rams get from the New England media. They have no respect for Goff, and disgracefully make fun of McVay for his SB pre game chat with Belichick. He probably doesn't really know Belichick and I found nothing wrong with what he said.

Who's better than the Rams in the West? Green Bay? Sure. Saints (with Brees)? Sure. But the SB team from the West will be one of those three teams.
That's probably true.  Is that because the Rams are GOOD, or because the NFC drops off pretty sharply after the first five teams? 

I'm not saying they would, or that I'd bet on it, but the FEELING is, in playoff time, Seattle is a better pick, as are - healthy - the 49ers (who beat the Rams twice this year).    I don't know; I'm not arguing, I'm honestly asking.  In my Pick'em I think I've gotten the Rams wrong more than any other team except the Cardinals and the Texans.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1380 on: December 11, 2020, 07:09:28 AM »
Bill did not have that team prepared.  Rams were ready to brawl. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1381 on: December 11, 2020, 07:17:28 AM »
Bill did not have that team prepared.  Rams were ready to brawl.

That's funny considering Bill's comments about having an advantage over the Rams by staying in LA, while the Rams had to travel.

Let's face it. The Pats are mediocre, especially on Offense.

@ Stadler.. I think the Rams are pretty good. No need to discredit them. It is what it is, right? And they're 9-4. They have home games left against Arizona and the Jets (WINS) and a road game in Seattle, who they beat in LA earlier in the season. Chalking that game up as a loss, that puts them at 11-5. Yes they lost both games to SF, so a healthy SF would likely stand in the way, but the Rams are "in the mix" anyway you slice it. (Asylum reference :gene:)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1382 on: December 11, 2020, 07:24:54 AM »
The D though, is who did not come to play.  We already knew the offensive shortcomings. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1383 on: December 11, 2020, 07:31:58 AM »
The D though, is who did not come to play.  We already knew the offensive shortcomings.

They only gave up 17 points. They did their part. The O gave them no help.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1384 on: December 11, 2020, 07:35:20 AM »

Still not good enough.  You and i know this offense is sub par so for them to win these games this year, the D need to carry the team.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1385 on: December 11, 2020, 07:37:55 AM »

Still not good enough.  You and i know this offense is sub par so for them to win these games this year, the D need to carry the team.

There's a difference between being not good enough and not coming to play.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1386 on: December 11, 2020, 07:54:32 AM »
Right but we are talking this year.  we know that the offense is sub par and will not improve.  We know the defense is better and has carried the team.  So if the D is off, they will not win.  That happened many years in the opposite for the Pats.  The offense could not have a bad game of they would not win.  No balance.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1387 on: December 11, 2020, 08:14:50 AM »

There's a difference between being not good enough and not coming to play.

I respectively disagree - The Cowboys are able to do both at the same time. And if I sound bitter - I AM!  :tdwn

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1388 on: December 11, 2020, 08:16:23 AM »
I disagree with damn near everything in the last 10 posts, right down to the Packers being the best team in the NFC W.

The Rams have an excellent D, and historically you don't need an elite offense to go along with that. Goff throws too many picks, and I'm not sold on their run game (Joe might be able to run for 170 against the inconsistent NE run D). However, these are things that can be addressed. I think their offense, barring the TOs, is more than adequate to compete at a high level. They're certainly a better team than Sea and SF. The Saints are going to wipe the floor with them, though, should it come to that.

Preparation didn't factor into the game last night for NE. They did what they were able to do and they didn't make many stupid mistakes. Their D held them to 16, and you should be able to win games like that. NE's problem was the same as it has been. They're entirely one dimensional with Cam at QB. While Cam offers provides a massive boost in the run game, you know he's not going to throw for more than 150 and he'll probably cough up at least 1 pick, and probably 2. Moreover, they're entirely too predictable. If NE has a 4-goal, anybody want to be on what the play call is? Now that the season's over it's time to give Stidham 3 starts and see what he does.

And no, it wasn't fun.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1389 on: December 11, 2020, 08:22:47 AM »
I'm with you, Barto.  I don't trust Goff, but the Rams are loaded everywhere else and are very well coached. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see them go on a run and make it back to the SB.

The Patriots D is the only reason they had a chance last night.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1390 on: December 11, 2020, 08:23:49 AM »

Us Rams fans are also wanting to see Goff shine every game.  That being said, we've been waiting for a run game performance like that all year.  I'm 100% OK with the offensive game plan we had yesterday.  It shows McVay's growth, adapting and moving aways from the 11 Personnel he's been so locked into 17'-19'.  Not sure what you have against McVay, but he's the best HC we've had since Vermeil.  Plus he's got a smokin hot fiance!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1391 on: December 11, 2020, 08:29:15 AM »
Yeah, McVay has established himself as one of the best coaches in the NFL.   He took over a team that had averaged 5 wins a season over their previous 10 seasons and has gone 42-19 since, and without the luxury of an elite QB, which can sometimes inflate a coach's record and make them look better than they really are (see: Mike McCarthy).

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1392 on: December 11, 2020, 08:45:27 AM »
I disagree with damn near everything in the last 10 posts, right down to the Packers being the best team in the NFC W.

The Rams have an excellent D, and historically you don't need an elite offense to go along with that. Goff throws too many picks, and I'm not sold on their run game (Joe might be able to run for 170 against the inconsistent NE run D). However, these are things that can be addressed. I think their offense, barring the TOs, is more than adequate to compete at a high level. They're certainly a better team than Sea and SF. The Saints are going to wipe the floor with them, though, should it come to that.

Preparation didn't factor into the game last night for NE. They did what they were able to do and they didn't make many stupid mistakes. Their D held them to 16, and you should be able to win games like that. NE's problem was the same as it has been. They're entirely one dimensional with Cam at QB. While Cam offers provides a massive boost in the run game, you know he's not going to throw for more than 150 and he'll probably cough up at least 1 pick, and probably 2. Moreover, they're entirely too predictable. If NE has a 4-goal, anybody want to be on what the play call is? Now that the season's over it's time to give Stidham 3 starts and see what he does.

And no, it wasn't fun.

What I am saying is because how poor the Offense is, the D had to be on their game the whole game.  Early on, they were not.  Once that happens the Pats offense isn't built to come back in games.  Yes, Cam is the root of the offensive issues.  Which means the D needs to be sharp early.  They were not and it was game over early.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1393 on: December 11, 2020, 08:55:30 AM »
I just don't see that as a preparation thing. "Didn't come prepared to play" is thrown about pretty often with the Patriots, and sometimes it's true. Not always, though, and in this case they were just outmatched.

Bill's committed to Cam for the season, and I really can't figure that out. They're out of the playoffs now. (Honestly, the already were, and even if they managed to sneak in, they were one and done anyway.) At this point losing helps them, and even more-so does gathering intel. The easy read on this is that Stidham just isn't a starter, but going into this season he was the only guy they were really relying on. I just don't get it. Nor do I get going out and looking ugly with Cam under center.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1394 on: December 11, 2020, 09:00:07 AM »
If a team comes out flat El Barto who do you blame?  It's on the coach.  The players were not ready to execute.  Sure Bill had the X's & O's right but there is more to coaching than that. They were just flat.  It happens sometimes. 

remember in 2009 the sideline chat with Brady?  "I just can't get this team to play the way we need to play."  Same here.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1395 on: December 11, 2020, 09:54:27 AM »
EDIT: I just repeated El Barto, so I deleted it.

I'm with you on the Cam thing, Bart; it makes no sense.  He's not helping his receivers by sticking with such a one-dimensional offense.  He's not helping his line by having Cam free-wheeling in the backfield.   I'm cool with writing off a season for the greater good, but we don't seem to be doing even that.

And imagine what this would have looked like if Josh bailed along with Tom (I don't like Josh as a head coach, but he's rock star as an OC).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 09:59:59 AM by Stadler »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1396 on: December 11, 2020, 10:01:26 AM »
I just thought they came out flat.  As usual they right the ship but at that point with this offense, they are put in a position that the offense can't handle.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1397 on: December 11, 2020, 10:04:28 AM »
If a team comes out flat El Barto who do you blame?  It's on the coach.  The players were not ready to execute.  Sure Bill had the X's & O's right but there is more to coaching than that. They were just flat.  It happens sometimes. 

remember in 2009 the sideline chat with Brady?  "I just can't get this team to play the way we need to play."  Same here.

I haven't decided yet which it is, but there IS a difference between "not being prepared" and simply being overmatched.   I'm not sold on Goff, but they have weapons. Cupp is a fantastic receiver.   Again, I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to one or the other, but I think there's just as good an argument that they were prepared but overmatched.
To me, being unprepared to play means missing coverage assignments. Getting stupid penalties because you blow your line up correctly. Bungling handoffs because your QB and HB weren't on the same page. I didn't see that last night. I just saw an average team get beaten by a pretty good team. There's a reason I picked LAR to win last night. Their stout D was going to be to much for NE's weak QB play. NE didn't really stand a chance, no matter how prepared they were.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1398 on: December 11, 2020, 10:11:16 AM »

Well when I said West, I mean NFC, and I didn't mean to imply that they're the best team in the NFC. But other than the Packers, the Saints, or the Rams, do you see anyone else going to the SB from the NFC? If not, then we're in agreement.

I just don't see that as a preparation thing. "Didn't come prepared to play" is thrown about pretty often with the Patriots, and sometimes it's true. Not always, though, and in this case they were just outmatched.

We're also in agreement here as well, although I've never felt they were unprepared.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1399 on: December 11, 2020, 10:12:43 AM »
How about mentally unprepared.  They had to win out to have a chance to make the playoff and they came out flat. Those one on one plays in the trenches.  The Pats D is allowing 124 yards per game.  The Rams were walking through big holes last night.  25 yards off the bat.