Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 118372 times)

Offline dparrott

Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Chiefs give future GOAT big bucks
« Reply #1015 on: November 03, 2020, 02:12:40 PM »
I'm rooting for the Rams to go all the way and win Super Bowl. That way, the city of LA will have a sports trifecta. Might as well in this time of the covids.  :hat

I'm with that!!!  They played a good game, but the Phins D ate them up.

Chargers.   :facepalm:  :lol

Raiders beat the Browns!!!  :o
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1016 on: November 08, 2020, 05:48:41 PM »
Chargers still getting close but can't beat the 4th quarter jinx!  Go Raiders!!!   :metal :metal :metal

Seahawks hoped to cook some buffalo wings but get fried themselves.  ::)  At least the 49ers and Cards lost too.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1017 on: November 08, 2020, 06:22:22 PM »
Bruce Areans looks like a damn suicide bomber.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1018 on: November 08, 2020, 06:30:48 PM »

Say what?  Suicide bombers don't wear face shields.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1019 on: November 08, 2020, 06:31:30 PM »

Say what?  Suicide bombers don't wear face shields.  :lol

Nah, he looks like he'd got a bomb strapped to him.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1020 on: November 08, 2020, 06:33:10 PM »
He looks like he's ready to disarm a bomb.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1021 on: November 08, 2020, 06:41:08 PM »
He looks like he's ready to disarm a bomb.

Yeah a steak bomb. Lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1022 on: November 08, 2020, 06:45:48 PM »
 :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1023 on: November 08, 2020, 07:58:08 PM »
Brady is ASS. Lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1024 on: November 08, 2020, 08:32:21 PM »
Wow, the Saints really came out swinging!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1025 on: November 08, 2020, 08:33:59 PM »
Brady is ASS. Lol

He fucking couldn't pass the salt at the dinner table.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1026 on: November 08, 2020, 08:53:30 PM »
The NFL is crazy. Any given Sunday indeed. Steelers almost blew a trap game because their special teams were horrid.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1027 on: November 08, 2020, 10:17:12 PM »
That's going to be the second worst game of Brady's career. First was week 1 of 2003. His passer rating was slightly better tonight, very slightly, but they lost by more points. What may be a difference maker is how ugly a couple of tonight's picks were. Christ, he was just threw a couple of those up for grabs. I don't recall how he looked against Buffalo in 2003. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1028 on: November 09, 2020, 12:50:02 AM »
Man, every time I get so fed up with bad reffing and other bullshit and wanna give up the NFL permanently the damn Saints keep having really good seasons and roping me back in. Here are some stats that no one other than a Saints fan will give a shit about:

Worst loss of Tom Brady's career. Former worst was the game Barto was talkin about which was 31-0.

The Saints also gave him his seventh-worst loss which was a 38-17 beatdown on MNF the year the Saints won the SB.

Of Brady's 7 INTs thrown this season, 5 have been at the hands of the Saints.

Saints had 40:04 time of possession tonight.

Bucs were 0-3 on 4th down including a goal line stand originating at 1st and goal from the 1.

Only a gentlemen's agreement kneeldown on the final play of the game prevented the Bucs from tying the NFL record for fewest rushing attempts in a game (4).

Those 5 rushes produced 8 total yards.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 02:17:33 AM by black_biff_stadler »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1029 on: November 09, 2020, 05:41:58 AM »
I was glued to the Panthers game last night. I was really hoping for a miracle with that last ditch field goal.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1030 on: November 09, 2020, 06:52:48 AM »
Man, every time I get so fed up with bad reffing and other bullshit and wanna give up the NFL permanently the damn Saints keep having really good seasons and roping me back in. Here are some stats that no one other than a Saints fan will give a shit about:

Worst loss of Tom Brady's career. Former worst was the game Barto was talkin about which was 31-0.

The Saints also gave him his seventh-worst loss which was a 38-17 beatdown on MNF the year the Saints won the SB.

Of Brady's 7 INTs thrown this season, 5 have been at the hands of the Saints.

Saints had 40:04 time of possession tonight.

Bucs were 0-3 on 4th down including a goal line stand originating at 1st and goal from the 1.

Only a gentlemen's agreement kneeldown on the final play of the game prevented the Bucs from tying the NFL record for fewest rushing attempts in a game (4).

Those 5 rushes produced 8 total yards.

Minor point, but I understand they STILL have the record.   I thought the record was 6, shared by 4 teams, and so even with the kneeldown (which counts as a rush) they own it.  I could very well be wrong, I was listening to Queen and Paul Rodgers in the Ukraine at the time.   

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #1031 on: November 09, 2020, 06:56:03 AM »
The NFL is crazy. Any given Sunday indeed. Steelers almost blew a trap game because their special teams were horrid.

Hands down, that was the best game the Cowboys played all year. Crazy indeed.......

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1032 on: November 09, 2020, 07:02:45 AM »
What was the decision-making process at QB for Dallas?   

It looks to me like DiNucci got demoted back to third string, since Gilbert was the starter and he split snaps with Cooper Rush in practice. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1033 on: November 09, 2020, 07:59:35 AM »
If only the Giants could play Washington every week...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1034 on: November 09, 2020, 08:08:05 AM »
That's going to be the second worst game of Brady's career. First was week 1 of 2003. His passer rating was slightly better tonight, very slightly, but they lost by more points. What may be a difference maker is how ugly a couple of tonight's picks were. Christ, he was just threw a couple of those up for grabs. I don't recall how he looked against Buffalo in 2003.

I saw 21-0 and then the interception.  N.O. D line was incredible the 1st quarter.  So much pressure on Brady.  They dominated.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1035 on: November 09, 2020, 09:45:39 AM »
I was listening to Queen and Paul Rodgers in the Ukraine at the time.

The Ukraine?  Is that anything like The France or The Brazil?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1036 on: November 09, 2020, 10:33:39 AM »

Haha, yes.  My grandfather's side of the fam is from there and that's what it was always called.  :)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1037 on: November 09, 2020, 10:38:29 AM »
I was glued to the Panthers game last night. I was really hoping for a miracle with that last ditch field goal.
Me too.

The Panthers have pretty much been in every game this season.  They just find some way not to win.  In yesterday's game, they didn't seem to manage time very well at all on that last drive.

The drive where Curtis Samuel made an incredible catch, Bridgewater picked up that insane launching first down on 4th & 14, and McCaffrey made that OTHER incredible catch was one of the best sustained drives I've seen from anyone in a long time.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1038 on: November 09, 2020, 06:36:14 PM »

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1039 on: November 09, 2020, 07:36:27 PM »
Oof.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1040 on: November 09, 2020, 08:26:49 PM »

God I love that scene. Just wish that gif went on for like 10 more seconds.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1041 on: November 09, 2020, 08:28:52 PM »
I know! Without it the scene loses the whole punchline. I opted for a .gif over a video link though for simplicity's sake.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1042 on: November 09, 2020, 08:30:40 PM »
No sweat. I usually don't click blind links anyway so the gif worked better in this situation.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1043 on: November 09, 2020, 08:55:02 PM »
The Jets hate the Patriots so much they'll throw their shot at Trevor Lawrence in the garbage can for a benign regular season win against them.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #1044 on: November 09, 2020, 09:07:53 PM »
My Dolphins are becoming relevant again, and it is an organic and sustainable growth.  I have hope for the future.  D looking good, Tua showing promise, and the coaching/culture is strong.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1045 on: November 09, 2020, 09:16:50 PM »
The Jets hate the Patriots so much they'll throw their shot at Trevor Lawrence in the garbage can for a benign regular season win against them.

Nah. They play three great quarters of football but shit the bed in the fourth up by ten against their biggest rival and lose to their former playoff hero kicker. It’s not that the Jets lose. A lot of teams do that. It’s the way they lose that feels like a dagger to the heart. I’m a loyalist who has endured a lot of heartbreak through the years but this season is really testing me. And Trevor Lawrence won’t do much on this team if there isn’t any talent around him. It will just turn into another potential franchise player wasted by the team’s inability to build around him.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1046 on: November 10, 2020, 07:09:47 AM »
Trevor Lawrence might stay at Clemson if the Jets were first pick anyway, tanking for a draft pic is a terrible idea when you are only half way through the season.  However, the Jets are just that bad it seems.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1047 on: November 10, 2020, 08:10:04 AM »
Two observations: The Patriots still aren't good, and no one - least of all Cam - should be breathing a sigh of relief over this win.  Their strongest unit - their secondary - shit the bed against a below average offense for most of the game.  (Though Cam did throw the ball well yesterday, I'll give him that.  A number of good, 18-22 yard receptions that really moved the ball.  And the D shut the Jets down in the 4th quarter; they ran four plays total - FOUR - in the entire 4th quarter, when even FIVE would have at least put them in overtime.)   

Two, the Jets aren't getting Trevor Lawrence, unless something happens (like his stock drops appreciably more than it has).   They're not going to win more than two games this year - I think Flacco will pull them over the hump at least that many times, once someone starts looking past them, which the Pats could not afford to do - but they're not getting Lawrence, and it's foolish to be thinking that way at this point. 

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1048 on: November 11, 2020, 10:32:06 AM »
If they end up expanding the playoffs this year, my team is going to end up getting hosed TWICE - first by having their bye week forced into week 4 because of the Titans’ outbreak and having to play 13 weeks in a row, but also losing their first round bye (assuming they stay ahead of KC).  >:(

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1049 on: November 11, 2020, 10:50:48 AM »
Two observations: The Patriots still aren't good, and no one - least of all Cam - should be breathing a sigh of relief over this win.  Their strongest unit - their secondary - shit the bed against a below average offense for most of the game.  (Though Cam did throw the ball well yesterday, I'll give him that.  A number of good, 18-22 yard receptions that really moved the ball.  And the D shut the Jets down in the 4th quarter; they ran four plays total - FOUR - in the entire 4th quarter, when even FIVE would have at least put them in overtime.)   

Two, the Jets aren't getting Trevor Lawrence, unless something happens (like his stock drops appreciably more than it has).   They're not going to win more than two games this year - I think Flacco will pull them over the hump at least that many times, once someone starts looking past them, which the Pats could not afford to do - but they're not getting Lawrence, and it's foolish to be thinking that way at this point.
We've actually learned a lot of useful things. We've learned that Stidham is not the guy. We've confirmed what we've already suspected, which is that Harry is another WR bust. We've learned that Damien Harris and Damir Byrd are both solid, and Jakobi Myers is a reliable backup. The O-line, when healthy, is still very good. While the season is a wash, there is some hope going forward.

One thing I'd hoped for before the season was that whoever the QB was would go out and play a little looser with the young receivers, and that's what we're seeing. Brady simply would not throw to people he didn't trust. That's something I wanted to see change, and the result is working in some of the scrappier young guys into the mix, and that's been a good thing. It sucks to treat an entire season as an evaluation period, but this season is a clusterfuck anyway. The cap is clearing out. Good players should be back next year. Young players are evaluated in real games.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson