Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 113917 times)

Offline dparrott

Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. less than 7 months to the season!!
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2020, 11:44:12 AM »
New Rams look

I like the LA logo and brighter colors, rams head is too abstract.  A lot of fans hate it all.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #211 on: March 24, 2020, 11:49:51 AM »
Someone said it looks like the logo for a local TV station's 5:00 news.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #212 on: March 24, 2020, 11:59:07 AM »

:tup

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #213 on: March 24, 2020, 12:00:23 PM »
It totally does!  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline dparrott

« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2020, 06:51:01 PM »
Chargers new wordmark and tweaked logo.  Hopefully this is the end of navy for them.

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2020, 01:44:57 AM »
The Rams' fire sale and hideous new logo are such gratifying karma.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2020, 06:32:58 AM »
This article cracked me up.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mike-bianchi-tom-brady-welcome-to-floridas-quarterbacking-graveyard/ar-BB11EMO3?li=BBnba9I

"Memo to Tommy Terrific: It’s hard to be the man when you’re driving a minivan!"

I mean, Paul Walker did it, but it's rare.   

Offline dparrott

« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2020, 11:18:31 AM »
It's a good thing I like more than one team haha

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2020, 01:07:19 PM »
Chargers new wordmark and tweaked logo.  Hopefully this is the end of navy for them.

Agreed. Their powder blue uniforms are the nicest in all of sports, and it’s baffling that they stuck with the navy for so long when everyone seems to like the alternates more.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #220 on: March 30, 2020, 04:36:58 PM »
Granted I have never been a Chargers fan, and don't personally know many.  But this thread is the first time I have ever seen anyone say they preferred the powder blue.  That color is disgusting.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #221 on: March 30, 2020, 04:39:42 PM »
Granted I have never been a Chargers fan, and don't personally know many.  But this thread is the first time I have ever seen anyone say they preferred the powder blue.  That color is disgusting.

Agreed.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DT.net Member
« Reply #222 on: March 30, 2020, 04:44:36 PM »
I really want the Bills to go back to their Levy/Kelly/Thomas/Reed/Smith-era red and blue dominant scheme. White dominant color schemes are drab as fuck.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline dparrott

« Reply #223 on: March 30, 2020, 05:25:03 PM »

It is actually the preferred color of their fans.  Leave the navy in SD.  This blue reflects LA nicely.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #224 on: March 30, 2020, 05:35:11 PM »
Powder blue Chargers have been #1 on a few lists I've seen and Chris Berman and Tom Jackson were gushing over it one time when I was watching them too. It has a weird cult following. I think it's dumb and looks like the set of a kids program for toddlers. Navy all the way.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #225 on: March 30, 2020, 08:22:57 PM »

Clearly I’m a fan of the jersey (and the team for that matter lol).
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #226 on: March 31, 2020, 07:07:54 AM »
My friend is originally from San Diego, and while she's been here long enough to be a Patriots fan now, she has a powder blue jersey on her wall.  It will always be her preferred color scheme. 

I like both aesthetically, but in terms of being iconic, the powder blue wins. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #227 on: March 31, 2020, 09:43:24 AM »

Agreed.

The only Charger fans I ever met were at the few Broncos v. Chargers games I've been to.

For most/all of the 90s and well into the 2000s, the biggest sports talk radio station in southern California was a station called XTRA Sports, which transmitted out of Mexico and which was based in San Diego (it's now a Spanish language station that plays Mexican music).  It was the station where Jim Rome got his start.  It used to be the Chargers broadcast partner, and ALL of the hosts (save for Rome) constantly gooed about the powder blue uniforms.  The Chargers are now on an LA-based station, and the consensus (if not unanimous) opinion about the powder blues is the same (and I've heard the same opinion from a lot of national voices and have never before heard a negative opinion).  I've always preferred the Navy, but I can understand the desire to differentiate given that they're sharing a stadium with the Rams.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

• DT.net Member
« Reply #228 on: March 31, 2020, 09:57:32 AM »
I never realized until now that they had an 11-year era with a weird shade of blue that was neither powder blue nor navy to match their helmets. That said, I like the navy helmets because it reminds me of Air Coryell and the Brees/Tomlinson era plus they went to their only Super Bowl ever with that look.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #229 on: March 31, 2020, 09:59:18 AM »
Powder blue is the ONLY color I have ever heard preferred for the chargers.

Disgusting?  I don't get that.  I mean it's not the Tampa Bay color scheme (ANY Tampa Bay color scheme).
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #231 on: March 31, 2020, 09:58:54 PM »
Karma for what?  The ref's fucking up? :lol

New Rams look

I like the LA logo and brighter colors, rams head is too abstract.  A lot of fans hate it all.
Yeah, most of us hate both logos.  I can live with the Rams head and the LA RAMS, but the "LA" primary sucks balls.  We can only hope the merchandise sales backlash is so bad they will have to come up with an answer.  At least they got the colors right!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:26:05 PM by CrimsonSunrise »

• DT.net Member
« Reply #232 on: April 01, 2020, 01:18:19 AM »

Karma for their oxygen thief thug player bragging about blindsiding a 5'7" 165 lb. completely defenseless receiver and other players of theirs congratulating him and hamming it up when the dude's career could've gotten ended on something like that. Given how small Tommylee Lewis is, it's like a senior bragging about sneaking a freshman but worse since Tommylee Lewis is actually about the size of a high school freshman and the other dude's probably bigger than a typical senior.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #233 on: April 01, 2020, 06:02:58 AM »

Karma for their oxygen thief thug player bragging about blindsiding a 5'7" 165 lb. completely defenseless receiver and other players of theirs congratulating him and hamming it up when the dude's career could've gotten ended on something like that. Given how small Tommylee Lewis is, it's like a senior bragging about sneaking a freshman but worse since Tommylee Lewis is actually about the size of a high school freshman and the other dude's probably bigger than a typical senior.
I Never heard a word about him bragging or saw team members hamming it up and I follow the Rams probably more than anyone here.  NRC surely didn't purposely head hunt him, it was just PI.   It was a football play he shoulda been flagged on, blame the Refs for not calling it.  I also wouldn't call it a blindside hit seeing he was in the receivers face.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 07:07:38 AM by CrimsonSunrise »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #234 on: April 01, 2020, 08:26:17 AM »

If that was the Rams karma, I guess all of these crushing Saints playoff losses is their karma for Bountygate, right? :P

• DT.net Member
« Reply #235 on: April 01, 2020, 03:11:46 PM »

I Never heard a word about him bragging or saw team members hamming it up and I follow the Rams probably more than anyone here.  NRC surely didn't purposely head hunt him, it was just PI.   It was a football play he shoulda been flagged on, blame the Refs for not calling it.  I also wouldn't call it a blindside hit seeing he was in the receivers face.

Be biased if you want but you just look bad when you say stuff like "I Never heard a word about him bragging or saw team members hamming it up and I follow the Rams probably more than anyone here.  NRC surely didn't purposely head hunt him" when stuff like this exists.

https://www.wafb.com/2019/01/23/ram-nickell-robey-coleman-brags-about-infamous-no-call/

• DT.net Member
« Reply #236 on: April 01, 2020, 03:16:13 PM »

If that was the Rams karma, I guess all of these crushing Saints playoff losses is their karma for Bountygate, right? :P

The refs were right there in all the games and could've called any penalties where they saw fit if they wanted to. People love to flaunt ignorance and single out the Saints but in 8 years no one has ever posted a link to a single play that they consider part of it. If you wanna make that quip, then please show me something of substance. Otherwise, it's also hilarious how no one ever said word one about Buddy Ryan straight up admitting to it in an interview and also how the bodybag game is held in slightly fond regard in NFL lore depending on who you talk to.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #237 on: April 01, 2020, 06:54:58 PM »

Be biased if you want but you just look bad when you say stuff like "I Never heard a word about him bragging or saw team members hamming it up and I follow the Rams probably more than anyone here.  NRC surely didn't purposely head hunt him" when stuff like this exists.

https://www.wafb.com/2019/01/23/ram-nickell-robey-coleman-brags-about-infamous-no-call/

Yeah, never saw that but there it is.  That being said, all he is saying is he "Smacked his ass"  I see that as a statement of "yeah... it was PI and I fucking got away with it".  How many times have you seen a PI call or non-call where the DB throws his hands back as if to say.."I didn't do shit!" full well knowing he's guilty?  It's football for fucks sake.  Was it a "Dirty" play"  No.. it was a penalty that wasn't called.  Back to my original "Karma" point... blame the Zebras for the non-call and I and most ALL Rams fans won't disagree with you.  I really don't wanna bring up Bountygate.  Everyone knows what's what and if Sain't fans want to be in denial, then so be it.  Using Buddy Ryan's tactics/mentality as a justification doesn't work IMO.  I HATED it when we took on that POS Williams as a DC and If one of my teams (In any sport...YEAH...Looking at you Astros!) got caught behaving like that I would be seriously bummed to say the least.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 07:14:31 PM by CrimsonSunrise »

• DT.net Member
« Reply #238 on: April 01, 2020, 11:26:38 PM »
He was bragging plain as day but hold on to your fandom if you want. Also, you're gonna try to act like he did something noble by not denying it and comparing it to others that deny it even though he did what you're talking about AFTER the game and not during it? There is a serious lack of apples-to-apples in your arguments. And I never used Buddy Ryan as a justification. I used him to point out how blatantly hypocritical every one of y'all are whom try to throw the bounty thing in Saints fans' faces because none of y'all cared one atom about it when Ryan was doing it but once it became a way to take down a top-tier conference rival everyone jumped on that story. Also, it says everything you need to know that none of y'all can pull up a single play that corroborates your dirty play accusations.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #239 on: April 02, 2020, 09:27:28 AM »

The refs were right there in all the games and could've called any penalties where they saw fit if they wanted to. People love to flaunt ignorance and single out the Saints but in 8 years no one has ever posted a link to a single play that they consider part of it. If you wanna make that quip, then please show me something of substance. Otherwise, it's also hilarious how no one ever said word one about Buddy Ryan straight up admitting to it in an interview and also how the bodybag game is held in slightly fond regard in NFL lore depending on who you talk to.

It was a playful jab, man.  Jeez, dial it down a little.  You seem mad about everything in this thread lately. ???

• DT.net Member
« Reply #240 on: April 02, 2020, 01:52:45 PM »
Sorry dude. It's honestly kind of hard to tell, even with the emoji, since people sometimes use those passive aggressively. I'm not saying you employ that kind of passive aggressiveness but I'm just saying it's an easy thing to misunderstand, for me, since that's become the de facto, rub-it-in comeback in virtually every sports argument I've had where either the Saints were involved or ended up being thrown into the argument over the last 8 years.

If there were actually any merit to the bounty thing, then I'd probably be less annoyed by it but as I said earlier everyone reaches for it like some kind of trump card while never linking any videos to back it up so the end result is basically like someone's saying "I don't even care to have a legit debate."

Again, all of the above is explaining why I sometimes react to that the way I do and not in any way trying to pass the blame for my misunderstanding back to you, Kev.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #241 on: April 02, 2020, 08:34:11 PM »
Sorry dude. It's honestly kind of hard to tell, even with the emoji, since people sometimes use those passive aggressively. I'm not saying you employ that kind of passive aggressiveness but I'm just saying it's an easy thing to misunderstand, for me, since that's become the de facto, rub-it-in comeback in virtually every sports argument I've had where either the Saints were involved or ended up being thrown into the argument over the last 8 years.

If there were actually any merit to the bounty thing, then I'd probably be less annoyed by it but as I said earlier everyone reaches for it like some kind of trump card while never linking any videos to back it up so the end result is basically like someone's saying "I don't even care to have a legit debate."

Again, all of the above is explaining why I sometimes react to that the way I do and not in any way trying to pass the blame for my misunderstanding back to you, Kev.

All good!  :tup :tup

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #242 on: April 19, 2020, 11:11:07 AM »
So am I the only one that thinks the league is going to wait until the night before the draft to announce they're taking NE's first rounder over this Spygate II nonsense?

Also, surprised there's been no discussion over the XFL quietly folding. Honestly, CV19 was probably a blessing to Vince McMahon. He had to know it didn't work out like he'd hoped, and he'd already committed to keeping it on life-support for a few years. This gave him an easy out.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: April 19, 2020, 11:29:49 AM »
Also, surprised there's been no discussion over the XFL quietly folding.

There was little discussion about it when it was alive, why would there be much when it is dead? :p
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #244 on: April 19, 2020, 12:46:35 PM »
Also, surprised there's been no discussion over the XFL quietly folding.

There was little discussion about it when it was alive, why would there be much when it is dead? :p

:lol

I just feel like it was inevitable with or without the virus.