Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 112839 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Playoffs ready to rock (with no Giants)
« Reply #1925 on: January 17, 2021, 02:07:54 PM »
Brady wanted out after 2017.  Before the 6th ring.  I believe the cracks came when he was not backed by the team in Deflategate.   Add what he was dealing with with his mom's cancer and the suspension he had to fight really by himself and that was the riff.
There was nothing to fight in Deflategate. It was a screwjob. The rest of the league made that very clear. The scandal itself was the punishment. Fighting the allegations would have been a waste of time and a waste of capital. Brady's anger should be at the other owners, and himself for not recognizing the situation for what it was.

Didnt matter after that. He started to do less in the offseason and that did not sit well with Brady.
I assume you meant it didn't sit well with Belichick, and it shouldn't. Brady knew the culture better than anybody, and he wanted to pout rather than contribute. That was his "fuck you" to the Patriot way.

How many times did Belichick throw accolades at Newton this year with his subpar play?  So if I'm Beady, yeah I want out.
Setting aside the fact that Brady was already out, what were the accolades for? They were to a one for his leadership and devotion to the team. Think there might be a message there?

So tell me again who is the root cause for Brady leaving?  Who is the GM who let it get to what you said El Barto? 
Tom Brady, and Bill Belichick respectively. Who created and eventually demanded the situation? Tom Brady.

There was a reason they were 12-4 in their last year of Brady even though it was a mirage?  One guy was the reason.
Brady definitely contributed, but not as much as the D.

I could actually point out several reasons why TB12 contributed to the Patriots demise, but I've got company over.

Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1926 on: January 17, 2021, 02:13:41 PM »
Barto doing good work here. ;)

Joe, you and I are in agreement about BB the GM (which we have discussed here and offline before), but the defense had a major hand in that 12-4 record in 2019.  Belichich is notoriously awful at drafting WR's, but Brady looked disinterested in 2019 and like he had no interest in working with new receivers, so he deserves some blame for that, no? 

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1927 on: January 17, 2021, 02:21:32 PM »
That endzone fumble rule needs to be changed. The defense should never get the ball if they don’t actually recover the fumble. The ball should be placed at the one yard line.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1928 on: January 17, 2021, 02:22:25 PM »
Anyone think that was leading with the helmet on Sorensen?
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1929 on: January 17, 2021, 02:24:02 PM »
Anyone think that was leading with the helmet on Sorensen?

Tony Romo said as much. Another example of the refs being asleep during a huge moment.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1930 on: January 17, 2021, 02:25:11 PM »
That is ball game.  Chiefs benefit by a) one of the dumbest rules in sports, and b) the refs missing a blatant helmet to helmet, which could be argued caused the fumble.  Nice work, NFL, once again.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1931 on: January 17, 2021, 02:26:48 PM »
That is ball game.  Chiefs benefit by a) one of the dumbest rules in sports, and b) the refs missing a blatant helmet to helmet, which could be argued caused the fumble.  Nice work, NFL, once again.

I actually like the Chiefs, but I’ll be rooting harder for the Bills next week than I ever have.

-MirrorMask

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1932 on: January 17, 2021, 02:36:28 PM »
El Barto.  You have to be in N.E. to hear the press conferences every day.  You never hear these kind of accolades from him.  It was the total opposite of Brady.

I'll assume he thought Brady was more mentally tough or that Newton needed that but from a guy who only talked accolades for only a retired player to every day praising Cam was quite a shock and was talked about daily on sports talk.

Scott Zolak who was a QB for the Pats was for benching Cam and couldn't figure out the praise either.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1933 on: January 17, 2021, 02:40:35 PM »
Scott Zolak is an ass clown.

Belichick uses his press conferences to speak to his team, not us. He had no alternative to Newton, and he said what he had to say to keep his team going.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1934 on: January 17, 2021, 02:41:33 PM »
Not arguing with you, King, but I can't seem to shake that Bill has 20 years of excellence in New England, and sustained excellence elsewhere (NY and Cleveland) that says "he had a reason, beyond just fondling Cam's balls or sticking it to Brady".   I think it's sort of sad that so many - not meaning you, personally, I'm talking more the media and analysts - are so quick to forget that.  We may not agree with the reason, but as someone that thinks Cam SUCKS and that this was a bad idea from the get go, I have to believe that Bill had SOME rationale for it.

EDIT:  What TAC said.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1935 on: January 17, 2021, 02:51:19 PM »
Hey Tim.  You think Belichick did the right thing this year then?  You wouldn't have benched Cam after not throwing 100 yards 3 games in a row?  Not leading receivers, not being able to throw a simple screen pass?  Not being able when 8 are in the box to change the play and throw fir a 1st down?

Sure Belichick had the best intentions. Sorry but he does not get a pass for what happened to this team especially as the guy who picks the team and coaches them.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1936 on: January 17, 2021, 02:54:00 PM »
Besides Tim. You think everyone is an ass clown.  :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1937 on: January 17, 2021, 02:58:25 PM »
Credit to the Browns right now. There is no quit in this team.

-MirrorMask

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1938 on: January 17, 2021, 03:15:53 PM »
Hey Tim.  You think Belichick did the right thing this year then?

Do I think he did the right thing? I don't know, honestly.

I think he tried to catch lightning in a bottle with Cam, and thought it would be a low risk ($$) high reward signing. Except that he had zero faith in Stidham, and Newton's seemed to own the room. I just think he was knee deep in it by the time it was clear that Newton couldn't play. Personally, I would've liked to see what Stidham could do with a week of prep and a start.

But it seemed like Bill was not simply going to grant that to Stidham without perhaps thinking that he earned it.....not that Cam deserved to keep playing either.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1939 on: January 17, 2021, 03:20:54 PM »
It had to be that bad then with the way Cam was playing. So can we blame the GM on the pick of Stidham and not picking another QB in the draft?

Why the fight to protect Bill?  He's messed this situation up.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1940 on: January 17, 2021, 03:22:27 PM »
Who's protecting him?

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1941 on: January 17, 2021, 03:29:35 PM »
Mahomes is officially out for the rest of the game with a concussion. You never want to see that, but if Cleveland has any hope of winning, they need to take advantage of this.

-MirrorMask

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1942 on: January 17, 2021, 03:30:25 PM »
Cleveland is fighting! They have a chance!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1943 on: January 17, 2021, 03:30:46 PM »
I've been saying the whole time I blame the GM for this situation. 

Damn. Mahomes out the rest of the game.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1944 on: January 17, 2021, 03:31:12 PM »
I think Jim Nantz is crying.   

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1945 on: January 17, 2021, 03:31:33 PM »
Enough Patriots talk. Let's talk about the relevant teams at the moment, ya know, the ones still playing!! ;)

Mahomes out with a concussion and the Browns are within 5. I'd love to see the upset.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1946 on: January 17, 2021, 03:33:22 PM »
Wow I guess it’s ok to wrap your arm around a guy’s neck, twist it, and slam his head into the ground without a flag. Hope you feel good about this Cleveland it’s the only way you were going to win. Assholes.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1947 on: January 17, 2021, 03:34:16 PM »
Wow I guess it’s ok to wrap your arm around a guy’s neck, twist it, and slam his head into the ground without a flag. Hope you feel good about this Cleveland it’s the only way you were going to win. Assholes.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

It was a clean hit.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1948 on: January 17, 2021, 03:34:49 PM »
I think Jim Nantz is crying.   

So you ARE listening..

I've been saying the whole time I blame the GM for this situation. 

Well he hasn't drafted very well for the last half dozen years, and can't seem to draft a WR.

But I don't separate Bill the GM from Bill the Coach. I think it's all Bill's philosophy on value, draft capital, etc.

Bill needs to find a QB.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1949 on: January 17, 2021, 03:35:16 PM »
Enough Patriots talk.

You started it!

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1950 on: January 17, 2021, 03:40:21 PM »
LoL, you can't be serious.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1951 on: January 17, 2021, 03:42:19 PM »

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

It was a clean hit.

There was nothing wrong with that hit.

And for the record, I hate to see that. 

The problem for the Browns is that Reid is a great coach.  That was a fantastic call throwing downfield to Hill on the first play for Henne; show the Browns (and the rest of the Chiefs team) that we're not rolling over.   (Don't ever say you can't teach an old dog new tricks; I always thought Reid was good not great, and made too many in-game mistakes.  I don't think that's the case anymore.)

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1952 on: January 17, 2021, 03:44:07 PM »
That's a huge interception by the Browns!
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1953 on: January 17, 2021, 03:44:39 PM »
Enough Patriots talk.

You started it!

Well you are lucky. I'm starting to cook dinner in a few. Lol

And an interception!  Hot damn!

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1954 on: January 17, 2021, 03:44:57 PM »
Huge interception! I have not sat down since the end of the third quarter. Screw the edge of my seat. I’m way beyond that.

-MirrorMask

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1955 on: January 17, 2021, 03:48:35 PM »
Gutsy call on 4th & 1.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1956 on: January 17, 2021, 03:52:06 PM »
And squandered... :-\
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1957 on: January 17, 2021, 03:55:25 PM »
There was nothing wrong with the hit on Mahomes. Honestly, I'm not even sure how he got concussed. He was clearly back in Henrietta when he go up, but his head was cradled pretty much the entire play. I figured neck stinger, actually.

Regardless, it's a damn shame. Vested interests aside, it's bad for a football game, just as it was when Jackson went out. I don't want to see teams play without their best players.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1958 on: January 17, 2021, 04:02:17 PM »
I figured neck stinger, actually.
Yeah, this was my first thought upon seeing the replay.

I also agree, bad for the game and I don't like seeing players get hurt like that, but it's a risk you take in every game.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1959 on: January 17, 2021, 04:06:03 PM »
Well the Browns put up a good fight. Good game.
aka Puppies_On_Acid