Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 114093 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Playoffs ready to rock (with no Giants)
« Reply #1855 on: January 16, 2021, 02:32:41 PM »
It's weird not having a 10:00 game.  Isn't there usually a 10:00 game on the Saturday of divisional weekend?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1856 on: January 16, 2021, 02:46:45 PM »
It's been this way for years now for the divisional round, the first game later in the afternoon and the second game in the evening.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #1857 on: January 16, 2021, 03:08:38 PM »
The end of the first quarter when Rodgers tries to draw them offsides with that last “hut”  :rollin :rollin :rollin
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1858 on: January 16, 2021, 03:19:00 PM »
Jalen Ramsey tantrum :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1859 on: January 16, 2021, 03:38:37 PM »
The Packers offense is having its way with this number one ranked Rams defense. They look like the best team in the league right now.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1860 on: January 16, 2021, 03:57:12 PM »
The Packers offense is having its way with this number one ranked Rams defense. They look like the best team in the league right now.

I will never trust a Packers defense, never.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1861 on: January 16, 2021, 04:14:09 PM »

I will never trust a Packers defense, never.

Agreed. But it’s promising.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1862 on: January 16, 2021, 05:03:21 PM »
The Rams are fighting, but the Packers D is starting to tighten up.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1863 on: January 16, 2021, 05:16:47 PM »
Rams fought their way back in it, but Rodgers just threw a dagger to Lazard that should be the capper.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1864 on: January 16, 2021, 05:21:05 PM »
AND THERE IS YOUR DAGGER

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1865 on: January 16, 2021, 05:24:44 PM »
So I just hear the Bucs are a much different team than when the Saints beat them twice... well so are the Packers when the Bucs beat them. So if the Bucs win that’ll be an insane game.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1866 on: January 16, 2021, 05:25:23 PM »
We have never gotten Rodgers vs Brady or Rodgers vs Brees in a playoff game before, and it looks like that will the case next week (barring an injury to the winning QB tomorrow).

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1867 on: January 16, 2021, 05:29:20 PM »
Rodgers/Brady never happening is obvious as up until this season that matchup could only happen in the Super Bowl, but I can’t believe we’ve never gotten Rodgers/Brees before. I’m rooting for the Saints tomorrow regardless, but that matchup I feel is far more meaningful, as Aaron and Drew have been the top two QB’s in the NFC for the last 12 years. If this is Brees’ last run, they deserve to have that defining playoff battle before he calls it quits.

-MirrorMask

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1868 on: January 16, 2021, 05:34:24 PM »
Rodgers/Brady never happening is obvious as up until this season that matchup could only happen in the Super Bowl, but I can’t believe we’ve never gotten Rodgers/Brees before. I’m rooting for the Saints tomorrow regardless, but that matchup I feel is far more meaningful, as Aaron and Drew have been the top two QB’s in the NFC for the last 12 years. If this is Brees’ last run, they deserve to have that defining playoff battle before he calls it quits.

Either way. The Packers are a completely different team from when they played them last during the season.

I haven’t been this excited since 1997. The NFC championship at Lambeau? Why yes please.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1869 on: January 16, 2021, 06:10:14 PM »
I have my preferences (Saints > Packers >>> Buccaneers) but I'm already leaning NFC come Super Bowl time.  The only team that could POSSIBLY get me to root for them in the AFC is the Browns, and that's not really "football" as much as it is "culture" (meaning, I might want them to win because they're a blue collar, meat-and-potatoes town).  I don't dislike the Bills or the Ravens, but I can't root for them against what might come out of the NFC. 

I think this Bills/Ravens game is going to be a great football game.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1870 on: January 16, 2021, 06:12:23 PM »
I have my preferences (Saints > Packers >>> Buccaneers) but I'm already leaning NFC come Super Bowl time.  The only team that could POSSIBLY get me to root for them in the AFC is the Browns, and that's not really "football" as much as it is "culture" (meaning, I might want them to win because they're a blue collar, meat-and-potatoes town).  I don't dislike the Bills or the Ravens, but I can't root for them against what might come out of the NFC. 

There's an extreme lack of Pat Mahomes in this post. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1871 on: January 16, 2021, 06:19:16 PM »

There's an extreme lack of Pat Mahomes in this post. :lol

There’s a reason for that.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1872 on: January 16, 2021, 06:20:54 PM »
This will be the first NFC championship game for Rodgers at Lambeau.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1873 on: January 16, 2021, 07:27:43 PM »
The Bills defense is doing exactly what I hoped they would: taking away Lamar Jackson’s running lanes and forcing him to use his subpar arm. Now the Bills offense needs to wake up.

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1874 on: January 16, 2021, 07:50:24 PM »
The wind is definitely affecting the Bills O.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1875 on: January 16, 2021, 08:11:37 PM »
Great game so far, but then again I love a good defensive game where it feels like every 1st down is huge.

And is there a better team this year at halftime adjustments than the Bills?  Their coaching staff has been great at those all season.   They went right down the field for a TD to start the 2nd half after struggling their way to only 3 points in the first half.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1876 on: January 16, 2021, 08:24:04 PM »
Huge pick-6! That might be the play that fully puts the momentum in Buffalo’s favor.

-MirrorMask

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1877 on: January 16, 2021, 08:32:36 PM »
Yup that’s game. It doesn’t matter how great your running game is, to win big in today’s NFL you HAVE to be able to pass effectively. HAVE to.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1878 on: January 16, 2021, 08:39:42 PM »
Yup that’s game. It doesn’t matter how great your running game is, to win big in today’s NFL you HAVE to be able to pass effectively. HAVE to.

I know I’ve been critical of Jackson, but him getting hurt is huge for the Ravens. His raw talent gives them a chance no matter what, so him being out or compromised really hinders their chances.

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1879 on: January 16, 2021, 08:40:31 PM »
Bills take a 17-3 lead and then knock Jackson out of the game (he is in concussion protocol).  They have seized control of this game.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1880 on: January 16, 2021, 08:42:56 PM »
If New Orleans gets past Tampa, I’ll be fine with every team left (I’m rooting for Cleveland but I still like Kansas City).

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1881 on: January 16, 2021, 08:53:16 PM »
I wonder why you want N.O.? :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1882 on: January 16, 2021, 08:54:55 PM »
I just want good games the rest of the way, so whichever teams can make that happen, I am all for it. 

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1883 on: January 16, 2021, 08:55:09 PM »
Bills take a 17-3 lead and then knock Jackson out of the game (he is in concussion protocol).  They have seized control of this game.

If they were up 21-12, would they have assumed control?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1884 on: January 16, 2021, 08:58:35 PM »
The way N.O. have played against the Bucs that score would be close Josh.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1885 on: January 16, 2021, 08:59:31 PM »

If they were up 21-12, would they have assumed control?

LOL, yes.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1886 on: January 16, 2021, 09:02:42 PM »

It honestly has more to do with Drew Brees being my favorite QB than a certain number 12 being my least favorite athlete of all time.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 09:12:14 PM by TheCountOfNYC »

-MirrorMask

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1887 on: January 16, 2021, 09:03:04 PM »
The way N.O. have played against the Bucs that score would be close Josh.

I'm just loving the "It's hard to beat a team 3 times" rhetoric that's being parroted ad nauseum this week. It's literally harder to beat a team 2-0 in the same season than 3-0 since teams going for a 3-0 sweep in the playoffs are like 14-7 since the merger. Sports media is both lazy and blatantly dishonest.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1888 on: January 16, 2021, 09:04:33 PM »
Sports media is ...lazy ..

Preach it, brother.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1889 on: January 16, 2021, 09:19:02 PM »

It honestly has more to do with Drew Brees being my favorite QB than a certain number 12 being my least favorite athlete of all time.

I think you answered it. But I do understand.