Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 113860 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Playoffs ready to rock (with no Giants)
« Reply #1680 on: January 09, 2021, 12:43:49 PM »
I'd love to see the Bill win it as well.  After four SB losses and their drought of the last quarter century, would be cool to see their fans finally get a championship.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1681 on: January 09, 2021, 12:45:08 PM »

The Colts are not a good second half team, and you have the momentum killer of the botched 4th down play and Josh Allen marching down for the score (with some help from a BAD penalty and some officiating help).

The 4th down play would have worked had Rivers not overthrown Pittman.

But I HATED the 3rd down play call.  I hate when any team runs a toss sweep when all you need is a yard, but if you know you are going for it on 4th down, FFS don't run a toss sweep on 3rd down!!!  :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1682 on: January 09, 2021, 01:55:12 PM »
Man...the Bills are just trying to lose this game. Giving up 82 fucking yards on 3 runs in the fourth quarter alone plus a TD where the nearest Bills DB was in Rochester. The Chargers' last two TD drives took 4:33 COMBINED.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1683 on: January 09, 2021, 02:05:01 PM »
Jesus Christ, Josh Allen, what the fuck are you doing? It's bad enough taking a sack because you took too long to react but then to not throw the ball away, take an even worse sack, AND fumble?! If they lose this, I fear for a longer residual effect because teams with such a prolonged history of being snakebitten tend to get hit harder by this kind of thing.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1684 on: January 09, 2021, 02:06:22 PM »
It'll be a cold day in hell before the first Bills tackler actually makes the tackle.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1685 on: January 09, 2021, 02:10:04 PM »
Why would I expect the first Bill to make that 4th and 1 tackle?

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1686 on: January 09, 2021, 02:20:13 PM »
How many more horrible and game-changing calls are the refs gonna get away with? This is just pathetic. We saw it, the CBS commentators saw it. I'm coming pretty close to finally leaving this shitshow of tampering for good.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1687 on: January 09, 2021, 02:22:23 PM »
Man, it's just hard to beat playoff football.

That was probably a catch and a fumble, but I absolutely thought the down by contact was too close to overrule the call on the field.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1688 on: January 09, 2021, 02:23:58 PM »
How many more horrible and game-changing calls are the refs gonna get away with? This is just pathetic. We saw it, the CBS commentators saw it. I'm coming pretty close to finally leaving this shitshow of tampering for good.
You should. You've been convinced for years that this is WWE style scripted. I can't figure out why you still watch it.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1689 on: January 09, 2021, 02:26:38 PM »
You should. You've been convinced for years that this is WWE style scripted. I can't figure out why you still watch it.

I know. But I'd hate to miss a Saints SB. Also, there wasn't a single frame showing a Bills player making contact with the Colts receiver while his knee was down. What actual empirical data are you basing this "too close to overrule" angle on?

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1690 on: January 09, 2021, 02:29:21 PM »

In the playoffs the close calls just don’t get overturned, and honestly I like that better. Let the guys play. At the end of the day, the Bills defense tightened up exactly when they had to, and now they get to show what they’re made of next week hosting either Pittsburgh, Tennessee, or Baltimore. I still believe that Buffalo is the only team in the AFC with a real chance of beating the Chiefs in Kansas City, and they’re also one of two teams in the conference, along with Cleveland, that I’m pulling for to end their fandom’s years of heartbreak.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1691 on: January 09, 2021, 02:33:15 PM »

I know. But I'd hate to miss a Saints SB. Also, there wasn't a single frame showing a Bills player making contact with the Colts receiver while his knee was down. What actual empirical data are you basing this "too close to overrule" angle on?
Funny you mention frames. I'd expect them to be running 120 FPS or something. That dude's hand moved 4 inches between frames on the replay.

Your analysis is backwards. It was called a catch. You don't need evidence to uphold it, you need evidence to overturn it. I didn't see enough empirical data to overturn it. And like TCoNYC says, it's playoff football. You don't end the game on something that close.
E.F. Benson

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1692 on: January 09, 2021, 02:34:42 PM »

In the playoffs the close calls just don’t get overturned, and honestly I like that better.

1. This is a horrible opinion. Nothing should ever directly compromise the integrity of officiating.

2. Like I asked Bart, where is any evidence of this being a close call. They replayed it at least 6 or 7 times and not once did they produce a single frame showing the Bills player touching the guy with his knee down. Also, both commentators and their former ref lackey dude all agreed. That almost never happens and it sure as shit wouldn't happen on a play with any actual grey area since the ref lackey dudes constantly side with the initial bad ref call in order to protect the shield.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1693 on: January 09, 2021, 02:36:03 PM »

Funny you mention frames. I'd expect them to be running 120 FPS or something. That dude's hand moved 4 inches between frames on the replay.

Your analysis is backwards. It was called a catch. You don't need evidence to uphold it, you need evidence to overturn it. I didn't see enough empirical data to overturn it. And like TCoNYC says, it's playoff football. You don't end the game on something that close.

There is literally zero precedence of the NFL ever using phantom evidence occurring between frames in order to make a call so you're gonna have to try harder than that.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1694 on: January 09, 2021, 02:41:13 PM »

There is literally zero precedence of the NFL ever using phantom evidence occurring between frames in order to make a call so you're gonna have to try harder than that.
No. I don't. I don't have to prove shit. You have to prove that he wasn't down by contact to overturn the call.

And seriously, dude, don't bother. It's not worth your time or energy. WWE has people getting hit by chairs and hot chicks with big fake knockers. Stick with that.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1695 on: January 09, 2021, 02:49:20 PM »

No. I don't. I don't have to prove shit. You have to prove that he wasn't down by contact to overturn the call.

And seriously, dude, don't bother. It's not worth your time or energy. WWE has people getting hit by chairs and hot chicks with big fake knockers. Stick with that.

Sasha Banks!   Sorry, wrong thread.  :)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1696 on: January 09, 2021, 05:08:45 PM »
Glad to see the Bills hung on and won despite that call near the end seemingly being very wrong, and good to see that not every team flounders when a questionable call goes against them. *cough* Saints *cough* :P :P

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1697 on: January 09, 2021, 05:13:59 PM »
Glad to see the Bills hung on and won despite that call near the end seemingly being very wrong, and good to see that not every team flounders when a questionable call goes against them. *cough* Saints *cough* :P :P

That missed pass interference call is still inexcusable.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1698 on: January 09, 2021, 06:20:56 PM »
The Bills game was fun.  The Rams game not so much (although the outcome was excellent).  Hoping the TB/Wash game will be a good one.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #1699 on: January 09, 2021, 07:00:21 PM »
Packers will either play the rams or the bears.

Which means they’ll play the rams.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1700 on: January 09, 2021, 07:28:17 PM »
If (when) Tampa wins tonight, they have a shot at being the first wild card team to host a playoff game since the realignment in 2002. If the Bears get past the Saints, the Bucs would host the Rams.

-MirrorMask

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1701 on: January 09, 2021, 08:04:02 PM »
Apologies to any LA fans (because I'd be the first to say that the only thing that matters is the win), but as a casual observer with no real stake in the game, that game was BO-RING.  The only real highlight besides the pick six was DJ Metcalf acting like a child on the sideline.

Another casual observation:  John Wolford looks like a character out of Game Of Thrones who dressed as a football player for All Hallow's Eve.   

Unrelated (well, not really) but anyone miss the days of the coaches wearing suits and ties?  Or at least sweaters and slacks?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1702 on: January 09, 2021, 08:28:42 PM »
I didn't see much of the Rams/Seahawks game, but I wasn't surprised by the result.  Seattle has been trending down for a while, and the Rams usually seem to play their best games against them (the game last month notwithstanding).

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1703 on: January 09, 2021, 09:08:28 PM »
This kid playing QB for Washington is a fucking gamer.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1704 on: January 09, 2021, 09:12:29 PM »
This kid playing QB for Washington is a fucking gamer.

I'm not all that sentimental when it comes to sports; you know me, I don't hop on a lot of bandwagons (Mahomes).   But Washington is a different organization with Ron Rivera in charge. And with this kid leaving it all on the field, it's hard not to root for them, especially over a team with guys like Antonio Brown and Mdominic Suh. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1705 on: January 09, 2021, 09:15:53 PM »
Mahomes ain't a bandwagon, it's a train. You can sit next to me! ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1706 on: January 09, 2021, 09:17:19 PM »
Mahomes is not a abnormally Stads.

Kid is the real deal.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1707 on: January 09, 2021, 09:21:44 PM »
Stads I understand why you don’t want to declare Mahomes the GOAT yet as that would be ridiculous, but you can’t tell me after watching the guy ball out for three years straight no matter who he plays against that you don’t think he’s at the very least one of the best playing right now.

-MirrorMask

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1708 on: January 09, 2021, 09:23:41 PM »
Stads I understand why you don’t want to declare Mahomes the GOAT yet as that would be ridiculous, but you can’t tell me after watching the guy ball out for three years straight no matter who he plays against that you don’t think he’s at the very least one of the best playing right now.

Don't talk to him. Just stick a needle in your eye. It'll be less painful. ;D

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1709 on: January 09, 2021, 09:40:52 PM »
Man what a gutsy performance by Trevor Heinicke. He went blow for blow with Tom Brady, and had it not been for a few bad drops by his receivers and his defense not making the stops they needed to, he might have come out with the huge upset victory. The dude has my respect.

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1710 on: January 09, 2021, 09:52:58 PM »
While I agree he played great, Tampa had even more drops. Imagine barely going over 50% and almost throwing 400 yards with 2 TD's?

Bill Belichick should be shamed.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1711 on: January 09, 2021, 10:01:26 PM »
While I agree he played great, Tampa had even more drops. Imagine barely going over 50% and almost throwing 400 yards with 2 TD's?

I know your feelings on this, but Brady on the Patriots in 2020 wouldn't have made a big difference.  Sure, they probably still would have won 9-10 games instead of 6, but with their lack of weapons, they weren't a playoff team this season with any QB.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1712 on: January 09, 2021, 10:04:45 PM »
So you again point out the failure of the GM.  Oh wait...

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1713 on: January 09, 2021, 10:06:39 PM »

Bill just needs to adjust how he coaches and builds the team to fit in with the way the game works today. He can’t be such a hardass about things anymore, as the success of a team has less to do with the coaches than it used to, and he pushed away his two best offensive players ever. Belichick is still the greatest coach of all time, and if anyone can turn things around quickly it’s him. He just has to be willing to adjust the way he does business.

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1714 on: January 09, 2021, 10:07:18 PM »
Yes, he has done a poor job in getting good skill position players.  Belichick the GM has let down Belichick the coach.  It's crazy that for all of his greatness, he is so bad at drafting wide receivers.  Kind of like Elway when it comes to drafting quarterbacks... :facepalm: :facepalm: :censored :censored