Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 114113 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Playoffs ready to rock (with no Giants)
« Reply #1645 on: January 04, 2021, 06:32:00 PM »
I am rooting for the Bills!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1646 on: January 04, 2021, 06:34:07 PM »
So you guys think the Bucs are going into Green Bay and winning?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1647 on: January 04, 2021, 06:39:06 PM »
I don't think so but I'd love to see it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #1648 on: January 04, 2021, 07:37:13 PM »
So you guys think the Bucs are going into Green Bay and winning?

This. No way the Pack let their guard down again like they did during that terrible game, especially at home.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1649 on: January 04, 2021, 07:40:29 PM »
Is Brees even healthy enough? I didn't see any highlights from yesterday, but last week, he couldn't even throw.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1650 on: January 05, 2021, 07:08:59 AM »
Super Bowl:
NO over Baltimore, with Drew Brees retiring this offseason as a champion.

In my heart, I would love to see that.  Sentimentally, I'm a huge Brees fan; he's a class act, a quality guy, and while I don't believe in "deserve", if I did, he'd be at the top of the list.  For me, it's about winning, and while a Super Bowl is the holy grail, "Two" is where you really establish greatness, and Brees has certainly earned that. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1651 on: January 05, 2021, 07:14:28 AM »
Is Brees even healthy enough? I didn't see any highlights from yesterday, but last week, he couldn't even throw.

Healthy?  No.  Healthy enough?   I think so.  It's the playoffs.  I think he'll answer.  If I'm analyzing the Saints, I'm worried about Kamara and Thomas, especially Thomas.  He is a game-changer for that offense.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1652 on: January 05, 2021, 07:27:36 AM »
My predictions:

WILDCARD

Buffalo over Indy
Cleveland over Pittsburgh (I know it's unlikely, but hey, it can happen!)
Baltimore over Tennessee
Tampa Bay over WFT
New Orleans over Chicago
Seattle over the Rams

DIVISION
Buffalo over Baltimore
Kansas City over Cleveland
Green Bay over Tampa Bay
Seattle over New Orleans

CONFERENCE
Buffalo over Kansas City
Green Bay over Seattle

SUPERBOWL
Buffalo over Green Bay

Buffalo is freakin' scary good right now.  I don't see anyone beating them.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1653 on: January 05, 2021, 08:51:12 AM »
Buffalo is on a roll, but they remind me right now of the 1993 Houston Oilers, who were also a pass-heavy team that rolled into the playoffs seemingly on an unstoppable roll and then lost their first playoff game at home.  The Bills lack of a running game could be a big problem, as you can't always throw it all over the place in the playoffs.  They were only 20th in the NFL in rushing, and that is counting Josh Allen's 421 yards on the ground. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1654 on: January 05, 2021, 09:26:52 AM »
Buffalo is on a roll, but they remind me right now of the 1993 Houston Oilers, who were also a pass-heavy team that rolled into the playoffs seemingly on an unstoppable roll and then lost their first playoff game at home.  The Bills lack of a running game could be a big problem, as you can't always throw it all over the place in the playoffs.  They were only 20th in the NFL in rushing, and that is counting Josh Allen's 421 yards on the ground.

This is a great point.  Defense wins championships (though that's less and less true in recent years).   But when you have a face-off of two offensive powerhouses, the odds favor that defense that can force the offense to do something they're not comfortable in doing.   

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1655 on: January 05, 2021, 09:29:38 AM »

Healthy?  No.  Healthy enough?   I think so.  It's the playoffs.  I think he'll answer.

When has he answered before when he was healthy?

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1656 on: January 05, 2021, 09:56:34 AM »
The Browns can't catch a  break. The HC, 2 assistants and 2 players all have tested positive for the covids.  :omg:

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1657 on: January 05, 2021, 09:57:17 AM »

Healthy?  No.  Healthy enough?   I think so.  It's the playoffs.  I think he'll answer.  If I'm analyzing the Saints, I'm worried about Kamara and Thomas, especially Thomas.  He is a game-changer for that offense.
Not to mention that D. As you said, defense wins championships, and I think with the weapons they have on offense, plus a highly motivated Brees, they'll be alright. I had NOLA over KC in the SB back in September, and while it's looking a tiny bit less likely now, I still think it's a solid call.

Tampa got lucky to get WTF in the first round. A legit playoff team makes them look like clowns, I think. And in the end, a butt-ugly pick and a couple of hilarious penalties will do that to them, anyway.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1658 on: January 05, 2021, 10:18:36 AM »

Tampa got lucky to get WTF in the first round. A legit playoff team makes them look like clowns, I think. And in the end, a butt-ugly pick and a couple of hilarious penalties will do that to them, anyway.

Was that typo deliberate?  :rollin
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1659 on: January 05, 2021, 10:20:42 AM »
Of course it is.  LOL

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1660 on: January 05, 2021, 10:24:03 AM »
The Browns can't catch a  break. The HC, 2 assistants and 2 players all have tested positive for the covids.  :omg:

Damn.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1661 on: January 05, 2021, 11:25:11 AM »
If they're lucky (or clever) they keep getting more cases. The league won't postpone the game for a contained outbreak, but if there's a possibility they could infect the other team they will.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1662 on: January 05, 2021, 01:07:12 PM »
If they're lucky (or clever) they keep getting more cases. The league won't postpone the game for a contained outbreak, but if there's a possibility they could infect the other team they will.

I love the way your evil mind thinks!  :hat

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1663 on: January 05, 2021, 01:11:26 PM »
Has the NFL stated publicly a plan if there does need to be a postponement?  Wouldn't that really hurt the playoffs as a whole?  I'm not entirely sure delaying that game benefits who ever wins it if they have to turn around and play again in a couple days or something.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1664 on: January 05, 2021, 01:38:27 PM »
Has the NFL stated publicly a plan if there does need to be a postponement?  Wouldn't that really hurt the playoffs as a whole?  I'm not entirely sure delaying that game benefits who ever wins it if they have to turn around and play again in a couple days or something.

No - there is no plan to postpone anything. There's too much at stake and the powers that be are going to play these games come hell or highwater.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1665 on: January 05, 2021, 01:41:23 PM »
Yeah, the reality is that the NFL would just forfeit the game to Pittsburgh. And it might well come to that.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1666 on: January 05, 2021, 03:13:43 PM »

A couple of guys at work today, both of whom are admittedly major Brady haters (pretty sure they are still bitter about the Rams losing to them in '01), pointed out that this just proves that Brady is the luckiest QB ever.  He has never had to play on the road in the first weekend of the playoffs before, and when he finally does, it's against a 6-10 division winner.  I wish I had 1% of his luck. :lol :lol

Note: this is not questioning his greatness, Brady SuperFans. :P  You can be both lucky and great at the same time.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1667 on: January 05, 2021, 03:22:37 PM »

A couple of guys at work today, both of whom are admittedly major Brady haters (pretty sure they are still bitter about the Rams losing to them in '01), pointed out that this just proves that Brady is the luckiest QB ever.  He has never had to play on the road in the first weekend of the playoffs before, and when he finally does, it's against a 6-10 division winner.  I wish I had 1% of his luck. :lol :lol

Note: this is not questioning his greatness, Brady SuperFans. :P  You can be both lucky and great at the same time.

Well, that and 2 of the teams that have already beaten him have injured QBs (though Goff wasn’t playing great anyway) and another (Rodgers) lost his All-Pro left tackle to an injury in PRACTICE. But the Bucs would be a tough out anyway with that receiving corps and stout D-Line.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1668 on: January 05, 2021, 03:27:21 PM »

Besides being a NYG fan, one reason I was hoping to see them make the playoffs would be for a potential Brady upset again.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #1669 on: January 05, 2021, 04:26:57 PM »
With Mike Evans potentially out, it could set up a much closer game for the Bucs. I would LOVE to see them lose. But I’d almost rather see the Packers get revenge on them the following week.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1670 on: January 05, 2021, 07:01:14 PM »
With Mike Evans potentially out, it could set up a much closer game for the Bucs. I would LOVE to see them lose. But I’d almost rather see the Packers get revenge on them the following week.

The Washington front four should be able to cause some issues and keep it from getting ugly, but I don't think their offense will be able to score enough to pull the upset.  Throwing is how you can beat the Bucs D, and the WFT doesn't have enough good receivers to fully take advantage of that.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1671 on: January 05, 2021, 07:16:05 PM »
Exactly.  They will not be able to score enough.  A team like N.O. gas and can do that.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1672 on: January 07, 2021, 10:07:52 AM »
I've seen plenty of quarterbacks that think they're halfbacks, but I've never seen one that thought he was Larry Csonka before. This kid's gonna need to learn to slide if he's going to survive in the NFL.  That said, he's a very high risk/high reward player and NE could conceivably get him, though it'd likely mean trading up a couple of picks. He has very little experience, but what he's shown is promising, and he's exactly what the Patriots seem to be looking for. If JMD were still around next year (doubtful) they'd make a pretty good match. While he does seem to be more run oriented, he's got very good accuracy on the deep ball. I wouldn't say that he's got touch, but he certainly gets it where it needs to be. Most importantly, in his year as a starter, he had a 28/0 TD to INT ratio, with 2800 yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRODmLBT5G0
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1673 on: January 09, 2021, 07:49:12 AM »
The Bills host their first playoff game in over 24 years today. :eek :eek

Peter King should be punched for giving Cole Beasley an All-Pro vote at WR (his logic sorta made sense, but he should know better), but I always like looking at those to see who the best of the best was.  Not surprising that Aaron Donald and Travis Kelce were the only unanimous picks.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1674 on: January 09, 2021, 08:16:01 AM »

Peter King should be punched for giving Cole Beasley an All-Pro vote at WR (his logic sorta made sense, but he should know better), but I always like looking at those to see who the best of the best was.  Not surprising that Aaron Donald and Travis Kelce were the only unanimous picks.

I am quietly rooting for a Bills/WFT Super Bowl. I really like Josh Allen and I REALLY admire Alex Smith and Ron Rivera.  :metal

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1675 on: January 09, 2021, 11:14:41 AM »
Just go back to 1992.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1676 on: January 09, 2021, 11:20:31 AM »

I am quietly rooting for a Bills/WFT Super Bowl. I really like Josh Allen and I REALLY admire Alex Smith and Ron Rivera.  :metal

It's kind of against the grain for me, growing up a Giants fan, but in an age of spoiled children posing as professional athletes worrying about their "brand", Ron Rivera and Alex Smith are a refreshing change.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1677 on: January 09, 2021, 12:33:52 PM »
Indy has looked like the better team for most of this game, yet are going to trail going into halftime.  Josh Allen has made about half a dozen schoolyard plays out of nothing.  I still can't believe how good he is now.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1678 on: January 09, 2021, 12:41:58 PM »
As much as I hate to say this, I’m rooting for Buffalo. Between the Bills and Sabres, fans in that city have suffered through so much heartbreak, never getting to see their teams with the big one despite their town being the invention place of arguably the most popular gameday food in the country. Josh Allen is a special player, and the Bills have put together a great team. Buffalo deserves a ticker tape parade, and even though they’re one of my team’s division rivals, I’d be happy to see the Bills be the team to bring a championship to their city.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1679 on: January 09, 2021, 12:42:52 PM »
Indy has looked like the better team for most of this game, yet are going to trail going into halftime.  Josh Allen has made about half a dozen schoolyard plays out of nothing.  I still can't believe how good he is now.

He's no Patrick Mahomes.  ;)

The Colts are not a good second half team, and you have the momentum killer of the botched 4th down play and Josh Allen marching down for the score (with some help from a BAD penalty and some officiating help).