Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 114114 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. less than 7 months to the season!!
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2020, 09:15:08 AM »
They have 5.6 mil in cap space.  They cannot afford a free agent QB.  It's going to be Stidham.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2020, 09:24:59 AM »
Bummed about Diggs being traded away from the Vikings. Got a decent haul for him at least. Disappointing when a home grown, popular player forces his way out.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2020, 09:30:37 AM »
I haven't followed the chatter with the impending decision for Tom, was the general consensus that he would leave? How shocking or not shocking is that he's leaving the Patriots?
It's been split. Some of us have said all along he's gone. Others have maintained just as strongly that he'd never leave. So, shocking to some and not to others.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2020, 09:33:05 AM »
They have 5.6 mil in cap space.  They cannot afford a free agent QB.  It's going to be Stidham.
Not if they trade Thuney.

Sorry to see Jamie Collins go. I think it'll go he same way it did last time he left, but with NE he's always been a solid player.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2020, 09:41:21 AM »
Watching Scott Zolak lose his mind is making my day today.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2020, 09:51:03 AM »
Not if they trade Thuney.

Yup, very true.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2020, 10:59:19 AM »
Damned respectful.

E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2020, 11:10:57 AM »
I love that.  I think Tom's gotta do what Tom's gotta do,  but there's very little that can happen over the next year, two or three that will ever really separate Tom from Bill from the Pats and all combinations thereof.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2020, 11:54:46 AM »

Wasn't he a punter?  Why is he losing his mind (and why does anyone care)?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2020, 12:35:31 PM »

Wasn't he a punter?  Why is he losing his mind (and why does anyone care)?

According to Wikipedia, he is a former Pats QB and the current color guy for their radio broadcasts since 2012.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2020, 01:59:14 PM »
Correct.  He is also the mid day host on 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2020, 02:00:22 PM »
Zo was a backup QB in the 90's.

But on air, he's a fucking oaf.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2020, 02:10:46 PM »
Apparently it's the Bucs.

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/weei/tom-brady-rumors-quarterback-to-sign-with-buccaneers

Colin Cowherd also reported today that a source told him it was the Bucs.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2020, 02:17:39 PM »
With Philip Rivers signing with the Colts, does that mean the Chargers are back in the hunt for Brady? Part of me hopes so because I would love to see there be some success and excitement around that team, but the other part of me hopes not because I really like them and don’t want to have to root against them.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2020, 02:40:44 PM »
That's a big loss, if you ask me, but I also think he's one of those players that will excel in New England and not so much somewhere else.

That's entirely possible, but at least he's going to a coach that actually knows his true strengths and weaknesses.

And is, from all accounts, building a culture that is similar to NE in many respects.

So, Brady?

No.  I think he is trying to build something for the future.
But seeing my in-laws from NE heads explode would be worth Brady as a Fin for one game lol.

Well if Brady goes to Tampa, that will be a close second.  Guess where my in-laws from Boston all moved to?  St. Pete....just outside Tampa.  I think being inundated everyday by Brady Bucs hysteria might have the same effect over time LOL.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2020, 02:45:35 PM »
I'm not sure why he'd want to go to Tampa. The Chargers would have more to offer.

Also, NE plays SD next year. I'd love to see that match-up.
E.F. Benson

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2020, 02:53:42 PM »
He should just retire.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2020, 02:54:16 PM »
He should just retire.

Isn't playing in Tampa basically the same thing?

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2020, 02:58:13 PM »
He should just retire.

Isn't playing in Tampa basically the same thing?

Tampa Bay Boca-neers
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2020, 03:40:32 PM »
He should just retire.

Why?  Really.  His brand is to play to 45.  He will get a 2 year deal and will be 1000% better than Winston. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2020, 03:54:12 PM »
Sounds like it is Brady's decision to leave, not the Hoodie pushing him out the door.  He met yesterday with Kraft, who reportedly said that if Brady had wanted to stay, they would have found a way to make it work, but his mind was already made up.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2020, 04:12:43 PM »
What I heard on the radio at lunch was that Giselle doesn't like "California living" (for what that's worth) and that Tampa was the most logical destination.  Playing until age 45 doesn't do much for the legacy if he shows himself to be mortal, which I think is likely.  He's the GOAT, but he's not anywhere near the best playing today.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2020, 04:25:27 PM »
Sounds like it is Brady's decision to leave, not the Hoodie pushing him out the door.  He met yesterday with Kraft, who reportedly said that if Brady had wanted to stay, they would have found a way to make it work, but his mind was already made up.

Brady has been pining for a multi year extension for a number of years now. Belichick has been going year to year with him. Brady has had enough basically. Did the Hoodie push him out? Technically yes, but it was just business. Belichick has always been disciplined in player decisions and with Brady he showed the ultimate discipline. No way was Kraft touching this. He's been distancing himself from the situation for a year now.

He met with Kraft to say goodbye. He had enough respect to tell Kraft face to face before he announced it. There's nothing Kraft could have done. That's just Kraft putting it in Brady's hands. Minutes after Brady's announcement, Kraft starts calling media members crying "It was Tom's decision." Puleeze.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2020, 04:41:52 PM »

Not true.  Because of the cap hit Bellichick offered 2 year 25 million to Brady.  So that line is bullshit.

Bill did not want to pay Brady what he will get out in Free agency.   Kraft had to side with his couch. It is again spin.

I understand the team side.  They will never flat out say he's not worth 30 million.   

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2020, 04:44:30 PM »
  Kraft had to side with his couch.

Kingshmegland is right, and he certainly knows a lot about siding with his couch.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2020, 05:30:06 PM »
It is spin, for sure, but it is still his decision to leave.  If he is making unreasonable contract demands and the Patriots will not match them, that is not really their fault.  But hey, I suspect the Bucs, who haven't won a playoff game since W. was the president, are so desperate for success that they will pay him what he wants.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2020, 06:00:33 PM »
He was smart to stay out of the AFC West. I wonder if Arians will adapt his offense to fit Brady’s current abilities. Arians loves the long ball.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2020, 06:30:09 PM »
It is spin, for sure, but it is still his decision to leave.  If he is making unreasonable contract demands and the Patriots will not match them, that is not really their fault. 

While he may have wanted something they weren't willing to give him, to think that he had unreasonable contract demands is foolish. They had an unreasonable offer, frankly.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2020, 06:30:38 PM »
Gronk lives just on the other side of the wang from Tampa. Since he'll undoubtedly be announcing his un-retirement pretty soon, that puts NE in a position to trade him for OJ Howard and then some. I'm pretty cool with that. It seems to me that NE would actually have a great deal of leverage here. Tampa has tons of cap space, and it wouldn't surprise me if Gronk were a part of TB12's deal. Even if he's not right now, I don't think they could tell Brady no. Bill might well be able to get them by the short and curlies.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2020, 06:32:39 PM »
I have pretty much assumed that Gronk would meet Brady elsewhere. How about Antonio Brown?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2020, 06:33:08 PM »
It is spin, for sure, but it is still his decision to leave.  If he is making unreasonable contract demands and the Patriots will not match them, that is not really their fault. 

While he may have wanted something they weren't willing to give him, to think that he had unreasonable contract demands is foolish. They had an unreasonable offer, frankly.
He wanted something(s) they couldn't give him. Brady wanted more weapons on O, and as we've already discussed, they don't have the space to offer him much. Moreover, reports are that he wanted some control over personnel. Even if it weren't NE/Belichik/Casserio, it's still an unreasonable demand. If Tampa offered him these things then his departure is entirely on him.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2020, 06:35:29 PM »
No matter what they surrounded him with, if the Pats had treated Brady the way the Saints treated Brees, he'd still be here.

I personally don't feel that Brady has been the least bit unreasonable here. And that's not to say the team isn't right either.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2020, 06:38:04 PM »
I have pretty much assumed that Gronk would meet Brady elsewhere. How about Antonio Brown?
As far as I'm concerned, the more demands Tom makes of Tampa, the better. If they bring in AB I'm adding one of their other speedy receivers to the Gronk deal.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: March 17, 2020, 06:38:14 PM »
  Kraft had to side with his couch.

Kingshmegland is right, and he certainly knows a lot about siding with his couch.

My couch is my life. Freudian slip I guess. Lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2020, 06:39:33 PM »
No matter what they surrounded him with, if the Pats had treated Brady the way the Saints treated Brees, he'd still be here.

I personally don't feel that Brady has been the least bit unreasonable here. And that's not to say the team isn't right either.
I'm not sure where reasonableness fits into the discussion. TB12 wanted things that NE couldn't offer. He then left. That doesn't make anybody unreasonable, and it does make it Tom's decision to split, and not NE's.
E.F. Benson