Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 112843 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. less than 7 months to the season!!
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2020, 04:17:18 PM »
Yeah, Prescott was the first person I thought of.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2020, 05:53:45 PM »
He just raised the bar for Dak, which was already way too high. :lol :lol

And looks like the new CBA was agreed on both sides.  Yee-haw.

Seriously.

Also, good news for us Brady fans seeing thus. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2020, 06:23:08 PM »
NFL players are fuckin HUGE rubes for agreeing to what was on the table unless things massively changed from what I last saw a few weeks ago when they were pushing the 17-game schedule. Basically, they all just said "It won't be me with CTE or debilitating chronic health issues when I'm 45." the way they made zero progress on trying to get guaranteed contracts. Seems like either the higher-ranking players influenced the bottom feeder players (of which basically half the NFL is comprised) that they have zero chance of being broke and with no way to pay for their medical problems in their post-NFL lives or those same low-level players were just dumb and careless enough to think it was worse to miss out on 0.5-1 season of game checks in order to hold out for guaranteed contracts than it is to risk being broke, homeless, and in failing health 20-30 years from now.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2020, 06:51:58 PM »
....Seems like either the higher-ranking players influenced the bottom feeder players (of which basically half the NFL is comprised)...

Just to bolster your point, those lower end guys comprise way more than 50%.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

• DT.net Member
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2020, 07:04:26 PM »
I know. I was just heading off anyone with a differing viewpoint from trying to initiate a tug-of-war of hyperbole by beating them to lowballing the figure.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2020, 10:12:32 PM »
Speak for yourself, man. I'm ready to see him boogie.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2020, 06:09:09 AM »

If the plan is Stidhum then that is a hell no.  I get the cap implications but they have no backup plan unlike others who site SF & GB.  So for me, unless it's a Bridgewater type, then you need to bring Brady back, even with the cap hit.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2020, 08:46:57 AM »

If the plan is Stidhum then that is a hell no.  I get the cap implications but they have no backup plan unlike others who site SF & GB.  So for me, unless it's a Bridgewater type, then you need to bring Brady back, even with the cap hit.
Bringing Brady back won't help if you hobble the O-line and D front seven to do it. It's actually an interesting puzzle. A Stidham Patriots team with nearly all of the pieces from last year still in place, plus the draft and free agency, or a Brady Patriots team missing numerous key pieces. Since the Pats will be a team long after Brady is gone, I'm looking for the former. And in part because it'll be fascinating to watch, as opposed to a depressing slide into irrelevancy.

Apparently Brady has two demands for any team that signs him, which actually shows a good deal of his insight from playing for Bill. He wants real input into personnel decisions. Sort of a co-GM. He also wants more freedom to call his own plays. Sort of a co-OC. The latter is a given. You'd be a fool not to give him more freedom to call plays. I can't see other teams buying into the co-GM part of it, though. In any case, I think it shows how frustrated he was this last year with the team not addressing personnel matters that directly affected him.

Apparently Bill is offering him a contract worth less than the one he played under last year. I can't help but think that's a big part of the reason why the phone call "didn't go well," as the reports have said. Sounds like Bill.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2020, 10:30:27 AM »
They just franchised Joe Thuney.  I'm not sure they are not going for it two more year.  Add D. McCourty signed.  Makes me think they are still going for it. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2020, 11:14:58 AM »
They just franchised Joe Thuney. I'm not sure they are not going for it two more year.  Add D. McCourty signed.  Makes me think they are still going for it.
Wow, that's uncommon for NE.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2020, 11:25:47 AM »
For sure.  They only have 5.65 Million under the cap now. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2020, 07:01:45 PM »
Van Noy to Miami.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2020, 07:03:28 PM »
Hate to lose him but we knew he would get his money out there.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2020, 07:06:52 PM »
That's a big loss, if you ask me, but I also think he's one of those players that will excel in New England and not so much somewhere else.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2020, 07:10:23 PM »
That's a big loss, if you ask me, but I also think he's one of those players that will excel in New England and not so much somewhere else.

That's entirely possible, but at least he's going to a coach that actually knows his true strengths and weaknesses.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2020, 07:13:05 PM »

That's entirely possible, but at least he's going to a coach that actually knows his true strengths and weaknesses.

And is, from all accounts, building a culture that is similar to NE in many respects.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2020, 07:18:42 PM »

And is, from all accounts, building a culture that is similar to NE in many respects.

So, Brady?

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2020, 07:24:35 PM »

So, Brady?

No.  I think he is trying to build something for the future.
But seeing my in-laws from NE heads explode would be worth Brady as a Fin for one game lol.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2020, 08:03:02 PM »
WOW!!!  Frikken Texans got fleeced by the Cards.  Must be some kind of internal issue with the Texans and Hopkins.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2020, 08:56:46 PM »
Just reinforces my long-held belief that Bill O'Brien is a doofus.

Bills traded for Diggs tonight as well. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2020, 09:22:20 PM »
For sure.  They only have 5.65 Million under the cap now.
They just franchised Joe Thuney. I'm not sure they are not going for it two more year.  Add D. McCourty signed.  Makes me think they are still going for it.
Wow, that's uncommon for NE.
I bet they're shopping him. Somebody could land him for a year for less than they would have offered him,  and NE would get a proper pick instead of a compensatory pick.
E.F. Benson

• DT.net Member
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2020, 11:51:08 PM »
WOW!!!  Frikken Texans got fleeced by the Cards.  Must be some kind of internal issue with the Texans and Hopkins.

Fuck. Why couldn't something like this have happened when Larry Fitzgerald was still in his prime? It's still a crime he and Anquan Boldin couldn't remain together longer.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2020, 12:32:49 AM »

Fuck. Why couldn't something like this have happened when Larry Fitzgerald was still in his prime? It's still a crime he and Anquan Boldin couldn't remain together longer.
So true, Boldin's rookie year was awesome!  Picked him up on waivers first or second week and rode him to my first FF Championship!  Yeah... the NFC West just got even better.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2020, 02:52:55 AM »
I hope so (for the Cards anyway since I like them a lot). I thought Kyler Murray wasn't all that good last year but I just looked it up and found out he passed for 3722 yards last year which is pretty bangin for a rookie mobile QB. Just to be sure that wasn't artificially padded by something like a couple crazy 400-yard games I looked at his game logs and saw he had five 300-yard games. He also ran for 544 yards. 4266 total yards for a rookie QB is damn good. What really killed his stats was three games at 150 or less. Somehow, they actually won two of those including one in Seattle. As he comes into form, they could become dangerous.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2020, 07:27:22 AM »
I don't know if it's COVID-19, or Trump, or no coffee, but I'm oddly non-plussed by that.  So be it.  Word is he got good offers from the Chargers and the Buccanneers, and if that's his "better option", well, GO PATS!  I'm okay with that.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2020, 07:33:01 AM »
I think a lot of the "non plussed-ness" is likely due to inevitability of this that has occurred over the last couple of years.

Still stunning.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2020, 07:50:53 AM »
And reading through again, I'm not actually convinced it's definite he's still playing and not retiring. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2020, 08:27:57 AM »
And reading through again, I'm not actually convinced it's definite he's still playing and not retiring.

"...although my football journey will take place somewhere else." Is somewhere else the beer league?

He obviously has an agreement in place that cannot be announced until tomorrow.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2020, 08:32:32 AM »

"...although my football journey will take place somewhere else." Is somewhere else the beer league?

He obviously has an agreement in place that cannot be announced until tomorrow.

Could be.  If it's San Diego (it will always be "San Diego", just like the Raiders are still "Oakland") or Tampa Bay, I'm fine with that.  Bring on the Belichick era.  I'm far more interested who they are going to bring in to be the starter (I don't see it being Stedman). 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2020, 08:36:31 AM »
  I'm far more interested who they are going to bring in to be the starter (I don't see it being Stedman).

Yeah, I don't see it either.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2020, 08:40:26 AM »
Current odds. I'd put Brissett on that list, too.

Teddy Bridgewater +300
    Jarrett Stidham +300
    Andy Dalton +400
    Derek Carr +700
    Jameis Winston +900
    Philip Rivers +1500
    Tua Tagovailoa +2000
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2020, 08:54:06 AM »
Current odds. I'd put Brissett on that list, too.

Teddy Bridgewater +300
    Jarrett Stidham +300
    Andy Dalton +400
    Derek Carr +700
    Jameis Winston +900
    Philip Rivers +1500
    Tua Tagovailoa +2000

I like Bridgewater and Dalton.
I would burn my jerseys if it's Winston or Rivers. Seriously.  That would be a sign of Belichick's senility, if you ask me.

I don't know about Carr, from the stand point that it could go either way. I don't know about Tutuola, from the standpoint that I just don't know.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2020, 09:08:09 AM »
I haven't followed the chatter with the impending decision for Tom, was the general consensus that he would leave? How shocking or not shocking is that he's leaving the Patriots?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2020, 09:12:26 AM »
The thing is, he has kicked a bit on his contracts, but has always come back to a team friendly deal, or that Kraft would step in. So some were hoping that would be the case here. But anyone paying attention knew that wasn't happening.

So not shocking that he is leaving, but quite shocking now that it's final.