Author Topic: Mamma Mia ABBA is reuniting!  (Read 3276 times)

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
Re: Mamma Mia ABBA is reuniting!
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2021, 08:43:08 AM »
ABBA we’re my first favourite group when I was a kid. I went from them straight to KISS. I’m very over them now but their songs metal up very well. A few years ago I flirted with the idea of forming an ABBA metal tribute band 😁.

My favourite song of theirs is this beauty

https://youtu.be/qdoSy4ROZpg

And metalled up

https://youtu.be/rNYcojp03-I

Metal Eagle works very well.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2021, 11:02:52 AM »
But I will say, this takes nostalgia up to a new level. 

And could this pave a way for them to actually accomplish the dead artists nostalgia concerts selling marketing strategy. If this Abba thing is a hit, I could see them going more this way for the dead artists, have someone mokap or do what they did with the hologram fail and utilize old videos to make a composite of the artists dance moves and action on stage.

Definitely on the nostalgia, but they cannot do the same with people who are dead, at least with the same technology. I don't know beans about that hologram fad that apparently went as fast as it came.

I was thinking if this was possible with any of my favorite acts, who/what/where artist/shows I would be willing to pay to experience. But take something at the top of my list, say The Who at Leeds in 1971... with everything they can do with the technology, there would be a vibe (for lack of a better word) missing that just could never be replicated. You can't create the feel of a moment in time.

I think it's a sweet gesture to their longtime fans to be able to witness them in their prime one last time. I think because they're in their 70s they don't value themself to be important to be on stage but more about the legacy of ABBA and the music. I don't know, i'm just guessing.

There is no questioning the legacy of their music, but if they four of them think that, I imagine they are massively underselling their value. I do not know anything about their fanbase or the current tastes of music fans in general, but I would think the headline "ABBA Announces World Tour" would blow up the music world.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2021, 12:13:27 PM »
But I will say, this takes nostalgia up to a new level. 

And could this pave a way for them to actually accomplish the dead artists nostalgia concerts selling marketing strategy. If this Abba thing is a hit, I could see them going more this way for the dead artists, have someone mokap or do what they did with the hologram fail and utilize old videos to make a composite of the artists dance moves and action on stage.

Definitely on the nostalgia, but they cannot do the same with people who are dead, at least with the same technology. I don't know beans about that hologram fad that apparently went as fast as it came.

I was thinking if this was possible with any of my favorite acts, who/what/where artist/shows I would be willing to pay to experience. But take something at the top of my list, say The Who at Leeds in 1971... with everything they can do with the technology, there would be a vibe (for lack of a better word) missing that just could never be replicated. You can't create the feel of a moment in time.

I think it's a sweet gesture to their longtime fans to be able to witness them in their prime one last time. I think because they're in their 70s they don't value themself to be important to be on stage but more about the legacy of ABBA and the music. I don't know, i'm just guessing.

There is no questioning the legacy of their music, but if they four of them think that, I imagine they are massively underselling their value. I do not know anything about their fanbase or the current tastes of music fans in general, but I would think the headline "ABBA Announces World Tour" would blow up the music world.
Yea that's just a typical swedish thing to do. :lol They could have reunited 30 years ago if they really wanted to sell tickets and as time moved on the ticket value probably also went up so if they really wanted to they could tour the world for years. Don't think a world tour is really what they want at their age now though. They just wanted to find the spark in creating new music for themself and share it with the world. I honestly think they're very well aware about their brand given the success of the movies and musical and the constant question over the years on "when will ABBA reunite"?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline jammindude

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2021, 01:13:41 PM »
As big as they are and always have been…they have always (even in their prime) had a reputation of being a very stale live act. They obviously create magic in the studio, but they are not accomplished live performers. They would need “the show” to carry it.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2021, 01:35:55 PM »
My parents weren't even married yet when their last album came out. And now here I am in my 30s.  :lol
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2021, 02:04:13 PM »
As big as they are and always have been…they have always (even in their prime) had a reputation of being a very stale live act. They obviously create magic in the studio, but they are not accomplished live performers. They would need “the show” to carry it.

That hilarious to me. So then Abba wouldn't have the audience if they didn't have this gimmick of Abbatar.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline jammindude

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2021, 02:23:09 PM »

That hilarious to me. So then Abba wouldn't have the audience if they didn't have this gimmick of Abbatar.

Oh the audience still would show up. fans will usually show up regardless. Fans sell out Taylor Swift‘s concerts and she has been known to just lip-synch entire shows. not all audiences seem to care very much if the performance is subpar, as long it’s not dreadful.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2021, 06:53:03 PM »

This is what I was thinking about with regards to a concert/tour. How many people would go just because it was the four of them on stage again and the one chance to see them live? If Gilmour and Waters announced a Pink Floyd tour, even the most casual PF fan would want to go, just to be a part of it; just to say they were there. How many of us went to a concert just to be part of it, because maybe that artist/band's career was winding down, and they might not hit our town again? Or went just because we grew up listening to them and weren't old enough to see them live in their prime?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline BelichickFan

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2021, 02:09:41 PM »
I like the two new songs a lot.  I just pre-ordered a new ABBA CD before a new Guns 'n Roses CD . . . never would have guessed that.  Let's go, Axl.

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2021, 06:26:30 AM »

A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...