Author Topic: Stuff on Netflix  (Read 11799 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
Re: Stuff on Netflix
« Reply #210 on: June 12, 2021, 12:34:12 PM »
Anyone watching the Richard Ramirez documentary?   It's fascinating... except for the artsy-fartsy (but sometimes gruesome) transition shots.

The night stalker, right? watched it some time ago, it was cool and very stylish. The dark side of LA was well depicted.

I'd be fascinated to have a couple drinks with that detective Frank Salerno*.  That guy has clearly seen some shit.

* I'm always freaked saying that, because life has a way of answering those in ways you don't expect.  I certainly don't want him investigating any cases I might be involved in.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #211 on: September 25, 2021, 12:38:05 PM »
Yay!  Extraction 2 is greenlit (not surprising). https://youtu.be/mi4pEsYeljk

Trailer doesn’t reveal anything other than “coming soon”
If I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Happy is the dog that stops and licks his balls.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #212 on: September 28, 2021, 12:01:07 PM »
Midnight Mass - a nice, short 7-episode limited series from the guy that created The Haunting of Hill House

Much better than the Bly Manor series he released last year.  This is sufficiently creepy and a really great story.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #213 on: September 28, 2021, 12:05:54 PM »
Yay!  Extraction 2 is greenlit (not surprising)

Yeah.....fun movie, but no surprise there's a S2. Completely set up for a sequel.

I watched the show 'Clickbait' last week. It was all about catfishing and centered around a main character who was slowly revealed to have a hidden side.....or did he? It was entertaining enough but IMO they went off the rails in the last episode and destroyed what could have been a decent watch. They out thought themselves and tried to get too cute and complex with the misdirection when they didn't need too. Anyway.....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #214 on: October 10, 2021, 12:47:13 PM »
Squid game is decent.

People sign up for a game show where they play kids games, but are murdered when they fail.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2021, 03:31:58 PM »
Finished second season of ‘Another Life’. I love all things Katee Sackhoff and while this show is far from her best material it’s still fun enough to watch and support her.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline DTA

« Reply #216 on: October 17, 2021, 01:27:26 PM »
Anyone watching season 3 of You? This season is nuts (in a good way). Some of the best characters yet in the show with the Conrads

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #217 on: November 26, 2021, 01:38:53 PM »
Oh man, the live action Cowboy bebop is so bad, lol

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #218 on: November 26, 2021, 03:14:29 PM »
Anyone watching season 3 of You? This season is nuts (in a good way). Some of the best characters yet in the show with the Conrads

Finished it and yes, it was great!

I think they tried to make Joe as "likeable" as possible, by surrounding him with assholes to make him look better in comparison. A stalker that kills women couldn't have kept the show going for many seasons so they needed to make him more relatable in a way.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!