Author Topic: Stuff on Netflix  (Read 2614 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Stuff on Netflix
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2020, 09:39:24 AM »
Yo Gary. Did you watch Waco yet?

Not yet. I got side tracked by 'After Life' with Ricky Gervais. Really good show. Probably hop on Waco soon though.

After Life was great. I was binging it and stopped with two episodes left. I was tired of feeling sad  :lol

Well....I started S2 last night and had a hard time getting through the first episode. They entirely threw out the first seasons progress/story. Suddenly he's back to square 1? I get grief and all that but at this point it's a little over the top. I'll probably try ep. 2 to see if it improves but if it's going to be more of the same then I'll kindly decline finishing S2.

I went ahead and knocked out S2. While it's 'good'.....it's pretty much a re-hash of S1. I hope Gervais changes his approach for S3.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2020, 04:16:05 AM »
I blew threw Space Force over Friday and Saturday night.

I think it's a miss unfortunately. It had its moments, but I was bored A LOT. I guess I was expecting/hoping for some kind of Parks and Rec meets Veep kind of thing, but instead we got Michael Scott's second movie staring Michael Scarn.

I love Steve, but I really think he was the weak point of this show. Maybe it was the voice he was doing the whole time or something, I don't know. I think this show definitely shows how crucial writing is. This show should have been a shoe-in given its cast.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2020, 11:14:34 AM »
I blew threw Space Force over Friday and Saturday night.

I think it's a miss unfortunately. It had its moments, but I was bored A LOT. I guess I was expecting/hoping for some kind of Parks and Rec meets Veep kind of thing, but instead we got Michael Scott's second movie staring Michael Scarn.

I love Steve, but I really think he was the weak point of this show. Maybe it was the voice he was doing the whole time or something, I don't know. I think this show definitely shows how crucial writing is. This show should have been a shoe-in given its cast.

Iíve heard and read far too many lackluster reviews for me to give this one a shot. Just not gonna do it. Even when it was announced I though casting Michael Scott in that role was a bad idea. Because, unfortunately for Steve Carell, heís always going to be Michael Scott to the majority of people.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2020, 09:42:39 AM »
Space Force is truly a dud. :-\

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2020, 09:57:04 AM »
I watched most of it a second time between Sunday and Monday. I enjoyed it way more on the re-watch for some reason.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2020, 06:12:48 AM »
Apparently Netflix scored the trademark to "Space Force" before the US government  :rollin

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2020, 05:02:14 AM »
Tried to watch the new Netflix movie "The Last Days of American Crime". Gave up after 15min.
Apparently it has a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2020, 09:24:25 AM »
Sat out on my patio this weekend and watched the new F is For Family season while I cooked some beef.   

Awesome season as always. It was dark though. So many episodes ended on a miserable note.

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2020, 06:47:13 AM »
Watched "Legalize Everything" by Eric Andre tonight. I'm a fan, and this didn't disappoint. He had me in tears, the guy is INSANE. (Psychosane?)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2020, 05:31:18 PM »
Both seasons of Cobra Kai are now on Netflix. Love this show
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 06:41:41 PM by Phoenix87x »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2020, 06:29:27 PM »
Both seasons of Cobra Kai are not on Netflix.

Well that sucks.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2020, 09:56:46 AM »
1BR

A movie about a girl that moves into an apartment complex that turns out to be a cult. Its an excellent psychological thriller and I highly recommend it anybody that like cult stuff or psychologic movies.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2020, 11:12:48 AM »
Tread was a pretty interesting watch. It's a documentary about the guy who made the killdozer and went about destroying his town back in 2004.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2020, 10:24:02 AM »
The Social Dilemma- It goes into social media's effect on people. I really enjoyed it

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2020, 06:08:56 PM »
Watched the documentary "My Octopus Teacher" last night.  WOW!!!  I'm not even sure it qualifies as a documentary because the story is so moving and compelling.  A MUST see!!!!!

Offline SoundscapeMN

• allmediareviews
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2020, 08:51:27 PM »
Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga

A bit long, and the accents are at times, hard to try to take seriously, but this was worth seeing just for the use of Sigur Ros tunes alone.